Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They bought us solely for the brand and badge. Clearly obvious from the Ask Wolves transcripts
Yes they spent heavily to position the brand into the limelight of the PL. Now it’s in place , ( for one season more ) , FOSUN will spend as little as possible of their own money to try and maintain mid table obscurity. What awesome ambition !
The bull**** about CL places and challenging for top four places was always a pipe dream. They could easily have achieved it this season with a decent window , but no , minimalistic Jeff shone through
What an absolute kick in the face to all loyal fans to now be told you are a clan, that isn’t wanted and they just want to promote e bloody sports and fashion
We’ve been duped big time
Absolutely bring back Steve and Jez, at least Moxey was honest enough to admit our natural ambition should be 7th or so just below the big six whilst actually taking us to League one. Absolutely appalling owners, would swap for West Broms and Blues' owners in a heartbeat.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to a back 4 then we have a real glut of centre backs due to years of a back 3/5. Add to this that our defensive system/tactic has been based around strength in numbers instead of individual characteristics of the CB's like pace, one on one defending etc. The only CB's who I would be confident could suit a back 4 are Kilman and Toti - both are left footed and I have a feeling that there would be a lack of leadership and communication of they played together. So we really need to decide early and then streamline this area before we bring somebody in.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ll laugh in hindsight but they did try and appease fans. It was the signing of Hwang.

Made no sense at all signing him then.
Perhaps.

But if they did then they missed the mark because even at the time not many were suggesting it was a good thing to do.

I just don’t think they’ll put any weight in pushing rumours to appease fans. Most will take it with a pinch of salt anyway.

You might say it’s because of season tickets but then the review of Ask Wolves is hardly glowing so if that was the case why not hold that back until after the renewals deadline?

I just think rumours are exactly that and in all likelihood they won’t come to anything, it’s just not the club who are peddling them, it’s journalists to fill a column space.

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s reading the rumours that really hit.

One day minding my own business, and linked to Barcas “Nico Gonzalez” & now Sporting CB “Gonçalo Inacio”.

Never heard of them before, and now will be absolutely gutted when nothing materialises!

Did it with Renato Sanches & Botman, last year with Ocampos, then prior year with Dias!

It’s the hope that kills you.
I have a feeling you may have missed at least one other player that you had hoped we would sign in years past.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€10m for 50% of Vinagre (I assume that means a 50% sell on?). Madness.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
Rúben Vinagre has completed his permanent move to Sporting CP from Wolves for a fee of €10M for 50% of his economics rights after the clause to make his stay in Portugal permanent was activated
Who owns the other 50%

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Killman & Toti on the left,
A new player and Boly on the right.
Let Mosquera and Sanderson go on loan, then the following season one of them takes Bolys place in the squad.
Would seem an ideal way to plan forward.
I wouldn’t be relying on boly now. We need two new centre backs ideally. Knowing us we won’t sign one.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hubner is promising but nowhere near premier league ready. Marques struggled to get a game at his loan club but is promising. Neither used by lage last season either.

I know.

But we both know that we're not chasing someone of the level of Ignacio or Botman now.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
As it stands a squad already in need of boosting has lost Ruddy ,Marcal and Saiss ,is likely to lose Neves and possibly Moutinho and Traore and maybe Gibbs White too.
Throw in we have forwards that barely find the back of the net I just hope they have their ducks in a row for when the window opens .

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
Rúben Vinagre has completed his permanent move to Sporting CP from Wolves for a fee of €10M for 50% of his economics rights after the clause to make his stay in Portugal permanent was activated
Guess that makes up for the loan fee we didn't negotiate for Traore.

No way is Vinagre worth 20M euros.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
We’ve basically swapped Vinagre for Ait Nouri.

Ridiculously good piece of business that.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's played 860 minutes of senior football and has 2 goals. But he's not consistently played up-front: transfermarkt has 7 appearances at left mid, 5 at right mid, 2 attacking centre mid, 2 striker, 2 left winger and 1 on the right wing.
Don't bring analysis into this forum, let's just slate the kid before we've even signed him. Then when we do sign him make sure to slate him some more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom