Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymont

Reaction score
I expect this would be somehow connected with Vinagre moving the other way (as already confirmed). I wonder if Goncalo Inacio is in the mix with this negotiation too? if we sign Palhinha it would be decision time on Dendoncker, who's contract is up next year
Watching 2021 highlights of Palhinha illustrates him to be like a Donck who runs at full speed. an over simplification, but there's a lot of similarities.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another it would be a sad to see end his ties with us.

What do people reckon he is worth if sold permanently?
Got to be £5m at least surly?
It would be, another local lad so always sad to see them sold... £5M would be top end I'd think...£3-5M more the price range

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
The inacio link might not be too far fetched, we own 50% of vinagre and 25% of goncalves so are in a good position to negotiate. Will still be tough to pull off but not impossible

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The inacio link might not be too far fetched, we own 50% of vinagre and 25% of goncalves so are in a good position to negotiate. Will still be tough to pull off but not impossible
So half a Vinagre £10m + a quarter of Goncalves £8m + £20m cash = Inacio,

Job's a gud un!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Going into his last 12 months now so would be a decent price for him... would be a very astute signing I think
Haven’t watched a ton of the Champ to gauge his quality, but I like that we’re hopefully at least looking at these types of deals.

It’s like a Che Adams profile of signing… someone that you can bring up and who’s maybe content on the bench to begin with until they get acclimated but then contributes a few goals and can then genuinely contend to be a starter.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t watched a ton of the Champ to gauge his quality, but I like that we’re hopefully at least looking at these types of deals.

It’s like a Che Adams profile of signing… someone that you can bring up and who’s maybe content on the bench to begin with until they get acclimated but then contributes a few goals and can then genuinely contend to be a starter.
Good similarity.

Very non Wolves signing though

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's assume we were always going to try and sign Palinha regardless of what happens with Neves.

If we then sell MGW, Donk, Adama and, say Sanderson for a total of about £60M but kept Neves. Would that be considered good business?

Obviously this is separate to our issues with a striker and defenders which I would hope we're looking to do something about as well.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's assume we were always going to try and sign Palinha regardless of what happens with Neves.

If we then sell MGW, Donk, Adama and, say Sanderson for a total of about £60M but kept Neves. Would that be considered good business?

Obviously this is separate to our issues with a striker and defenders which I would hope we're looking to do something about as well.

come on, sad to say but ruben is gone. much bigger wages and in a CL (or much closer to it) club. it's his reward for service

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we then sell MGW, Donk, Adama and, say Sanderson for a total of about £60M but kept Neves. Would that be considered good business
I'd consider getting £60 million for those players ****ing fantastic business!!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot more physical than donk.... aggressive in the tackle and a better short passer...
Quite. People’s biggest frustrations with Donk are bottling challenges and knocking every pass to the very nearest teammate, preferably backwards, or ignoring how much pressure they’re under.
Palinha is a big upgrade in both of those areas.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it me or is Roma a thorn in our side. If I recall, there have been numerous players we were connected to that Roma undercut us for. AMN and Olivera come to mind.

Our relationship with Mendes is very much an open one, we can't get jealous about it just accept that's the price to pay for our success.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not to pile on Donk, but yeah, he's like an aggressive Donk. muscle for the ball and find an outlet for a pass. Donk does some of that... sometimes
Yes I agree, I've always stuck up for donk but we all appreciate he has limitations..

If you listen to Bruno ask wolves videos, something else he was alluding to was lack of physicality and height in the team.... palhinha is probably a similar height to donk but he is also very good in the air .....which donk isn't for a big lad ..

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guess that makes up for the loan fee we didn't negotiate for Traore.

No way is Vinagre worth 20M euros.

The Adama 'deal' was a gamble that didn't pay off. He was running down his contract and didn't want to be here. Nobody was going to pay 30m for him. Letting Barca have him for nowt would have paid off if he'd have performed as they would have triggered the permanent transfer for EUR 30m. A high figure they agreed to due to the favourable try before you buy terms.

Problem was Adama, unsurprisingly, was not at Barcas level and he didn't do enough to make them want him. We are now facing letting him go for a lower value just like we would have had to anyway given there wasn't a queue for his signature.

No way the Barca deal happened if there were other serious offers.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't bring analysis into this forum, let's just slate the kid before we've even signed him. Then when we do sign him make sure to slate him some more

Remember the slating Wolves got on here when Raul came in? No way he'd be first choice, not with our mega budget. Benfica bench warmer just adding some depth, not good enough to drive our meteoric rise.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the slating Wolves got on here when Raul came in? No way he'd be first choice, not with our mega budget. Benfica bench warmer just adding some depth, not good enough to drive our meteoric rise.
Tell me about it. Only scored a few goals didn't he by Wikipedia so he must be useless

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were the Pedrinho rumours nonsense then? Surely that one would've been done by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom