Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we're not in the best place the club has been since Jaws was at the cinema?
I agreed entirely until I heard that interview today. I hate the fact he puts corporate so high up, with no successful team watch that corporate image get tarnished. First time I’ve genuinely felt annoyed with our owners.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed they prove me wrong though, I only ever want Wolves to do well

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We cash in on
Neves
Coady
Raul
Adama
Donk

Etc… great, what assets have we to sell to buy the next time ??

I’m fairly sure I’ve been banned from this thread already but surely people can now see fosun have to go !! I’ve been saying it for years and this is a prime example of where it’s all gone wrong. Invested nothing over 3 years, 4/5 leaving on frees (out of contract) and a load more being sold with a small squad already there is a massive rebuild having to come our way. with 0 investment (bar selling Ruben to finance the incomings) arguably we need at least 8/9 players this summer

Reaction score
Basically they just want us to tread water in this division.No intention of spending money to improve the squad or challenge the teams at the top. Transfer window will be another disappointment as we pay over the odds for unknown/unproven/average players.
Palhinha has been coming here for at least 3 years - all smoke & mirrors -prove us wrong jeff, sign him. someone who will help this team & excite the fans - because we"re probably one of the most boring bland teams in the league You talk about attracting new fans around the world - well they won"t be getting up at stupid o"clock to watch our recent displays thats for sure. Fans want entertainment & goals - its that simple
I don't think he's after new fans to watch the football, whish ties in with no stadium development, the new fans he wants are for the brand, the eSports.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So. Ruddy, Marcal and Saiss have gone. It looks like Neves , Traore , MGW and Moutinho will follow. There’s a doubt as to whether Raul will be moved on also
That’s eight players , four of which were regular starters that we need to replace. Can anyone seriously see us bringing in enough quality for the PL plus back ups in case of injury?
What a ****ing shambles

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So. Ruddy, Marcal and Saiss have gone. It looks like Neves , Traore , MGW and Moutinho will follow. There’s a doubt as to whether Raul will be moved on also
That’s eight players , four of which were regular starters that we need to replace. Can anyone seriously see us bringing in enough quality for the PL plus back ups in case of injury?
What a ****ing shambles

Dear god, mate chill out. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Let's say we do sell Neves, Traore, and MGW as you say - thats got to be close to £80m. And only Neves was in the side.

They made £20m profit last season, and if all the other players go as you say we will free up a lot of wages.

Look, I could be wrong. This window could indeed be a complete lash up - but I think this window has got to be different. I think Bruno's video was the most optimistic, I really do think they will buy the type of players he wants.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing shambles

They will stick to the plan. We'll see 3-4 new players, and 3-4 promotions from the youth ranks, and there will be commercial considerations in their choices as much as tactical, and some of these players will be excellent/good enough, and this approach will continue to just about work until one day it doesn't. Best case scenario is that this day remains far away.

Just don't expect a team sweating bullets of blood to finish as high up the table as possible. The club are happy enough to be at the party.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
What a ****ing shambles
Based on recent rumours, probably not that hard to replace them.

Ruddy (Sarkic)
Marcal (Superfluous to requirements with Jonny, RAN, Semedo, Giles, Bueno, Bolla, and Chiquinho)
Saiss (Toti)
Traore (Trincao, Guedes, Rafa Silva, Chiquinho)
MGW (Pedrinho, Almeida)
Neves (Palhinha, Cheick Doucoure)

If they go:
Moutinho (Nico Gonzalez)
Raul (Hugo Ekitike, Maxi Gomez, Ludovic Ajorque, Guedes)

Lots of options. What I haven't seen yet this transfer window, is a strong link to a strong, quick right-sided center back which we need to change the formation to a high-pressing one. Replacing Raul would be difficult, too. I don't think he's going though.

So, to recap, we're fine in replacing our #2 GK and backup LB/LWB. I also think that we have enough options to backfill behind MGW and/or Traore. If Neves goes, then we get Palhinha + another midfielder. Still need a forward that can score goals and a center back with pace and power.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing shambles
Those players going isn’t a shambles, most agree the squad needs a refresh and has gone stale, that requires old faces out and new faces in. Of the 8 you’ve mentioned I firstly doubt all 8 will go and secondly I’d suggest that at least 4 of them people would want to see improvements on.

The key aspect of this window isn’t who leaves, it’s who comes in. Only once we know what the squad looks like then can we label it a shambles or not.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing shambles
And then how do we attract players who know they're coming to a club whose only ambitions are to stay in the PL, use the club to develop a brand for god knows what and pick players regardless of form to bump up youtube hits. It's a joke!!

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Could get a decent centre back on a free transfer - just pay wages...... Some good French & scandinavian centre backs as well - but you"d need a Director of football & some decent scouts
But they won"t sign them, because they have to stick to the agreed business model

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O Jogo has us linked with Sporting centre back Goncalo Inacio for 30m euros.

The cynic in me expects a few exciting rumours in the next day or two.

Of course, none of the signings will come to fruition but it will do a job in shifting the main topic of conversation.
Please don’t fall for it.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Wolverhampton could offer 30M for Gonçalo Inacio this summer.

Offer that Sporting will refuse since the club does not want to let go of the young central defender for an amount lower than the release clause of 45M.”

It will be another one of these where we offer an amount we know will get refused just so it looks like we tried.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any good? Can he play in a back 4? Nice to be linked to centre backs again.
He’s very highly rated, but at 20 is prone to making mistakes here and there which might make the Premier League unforgiving for him at first. That’s not to say he won’t go on be a great defender though, at the same age Ruben Dias had a similar problem at Benfica and he’s turned out well enough as we all know.

Sporting predominately play in a 3-4-3 under Amorim, so he doesn’t have an abundance of experience in a back 4 either which could be a risk. He’s also left footed too, so not sure what this would mean with regards to how we’d set up with Lage supposedly wanting Kilman to eventually play on the left side, potentially switch the defence to a back 4 at some point etc.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on recent rumours, probably not that hard to replace them.

Ruddy (Sarkic)
Marcal (Superfluous to requirements with Jonny, RAN, Semedo, Giles, Bueno, Bolla, and Chiquinho)
Saiss (Toti)
Traore (Trincao, Guedes, Rafa Silva, Chiquinho)
MGW (Pedrinho, Almeida)
Neves (Palhinha, Cheick Doucoure)

If they go:
Moutinho (Nico Gonzalez)
Raul (Hugo Ekitike, Maxi Gomez, Ludovic Ajorque, Guedes)

Lots of options. What I haven't seen yet this transfer window, is a strong link to a strong, quick right-sided center back which we need to change the formation to a high-pressing one. Replacing Raul would be difficult, too. I don't think he's going though.

So, to recap, we're fine in replacing our #2 GK and backup LB/LWB. I also think that we have enough options to backfill behind MGW and/or Traore. If Neves goes, then we get Palhinha + another midfielder. Still need a forward that can score goals and a center back with pace and power.

Yes, it’s very quiet on the defender front. Lots of chatter around potential midfield options. Let’s hope that’s because we’re keeping our cards close and not because we think we can simply use the younger players we already have alone.

On the same topic, I thought Boly was supposed to be off as well?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, it’s very quiet on the defender front. Lots of chatter around potential midfield options. Let’s hope that’s because we’re keeping our cards close and not because we think we can simply use the younger players we already have alone.

On the same topic, I thought Boly was supposed to be off as well?
Dont think anything official about Boly. Just more like he has clearly declined and some people wouldnt be surprised if he was sold for a small fee or they negotiated the end of his contract.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think anything official about Boly. Just more like he has clearly declined and some people wouldnt be surprised if he was sold for a small fee or they negotiated the end of his contract.
Why on earth would we end his contract early?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks. If he’s happy to stay and provide cover for Kilman, then I’d be happy. He looked more like his old self when he first came back when Kilman was injured.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don’t fall for it.
If we've learned anything over the past few years it's that no journalists have any idea who we are signings.

We are a lazy link for any young Iberian's agent. We will no doubt sign a few good Portuguese players, but I've no idea who they will be. Nor do journalists.

From the little I know of how Wolves operate these days, these links will not come from then. Conspiracy theorists I'm sorry to disappoint. Former journo pal tels me that anyone local who releases Wolves stories about incomings is ostracised.

As happened with the Silva transfer - Wolves regiment the information.

Interestingly, that's not the case for players leaving - plenty of info from the club on that front

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we've learned anything over the past few years it's that no journalists have any idea who we are signings.

We are a lazy link for any young Iberian's agent. We will no doubt sign a few good Portuguese players, but I've no idea who they will be. Nor do journalists.

From the little I know of how Wolves operate these days, these links will not come from then. Conspiracy theorists I'm sorry to disappoint. Former journo pal tels me that anyone local who releases Wolves stories about incomings is ostracised.

As happened with the Silva transfer - Wolves regiment the information.

Interestingly, that's not the case for players leaving - plenty of info from the club on that front
Come on mate!

Wolves take all sorts of flak from fans on social media, then bang, a link to a £30m defender comes up.

Even a fool like me could see it coming last night before anything came out :D

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on mate!

Wolves take all sorts of flak from fans on social media, then bang, a link to a £30m defender comes up.

We have a link to a 30 mil player most days! All lazy Portuguese paper talk

Of course I might be wrong, but knowing first hand how clubs work with journos, it's only the bat**** ones who drop tidbits.

Jeff effectively saying he's not bothered about what legacy fans think/want suggests he wouldn't bother!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. If he’s happy to stay and provide cover for Kilman, then I’d be happy. He looked more like his old self when he first came back when Kilman was injured.
Killman & Toti on the left,
A new player and Boly on the right.
Let Mosquera and Sanderson go on loan, then the following season one of them takes Bolys place in the squad.
Would seem an ideal way to plan forward.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on mate!

The criticism of Jeff’s interview yesterday is that he didn’t try and sugar coat his lack of care about the local fans.

So why would the club bother to put something like that out there?

When Traore left they did nothing to appease the disgruntlement, they just got on with things so why do you assume this would be any different?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have lost track of all the rule changes so I am concerned about the number of non English players especially in the starting eleven.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have lost track of all the rule changes so I am concerned about the number of non English players especially in the starting eleven.
Squad of 25 made up of no more than 17 overage foreign players.

So we should be fine as we’re apparently selling everyone and not replacing any of them…

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he has had a couple of poor seasons. What we dont know is what is behind it. If he is getting back to his form I would love him to stay but not just to be a back up instead I would want a Boly who is challenging for top spot. If he is not happy to be here and fight for his place then iI am happy to see him go. That also goes for the rest of the squad.
More than that I would like to feel more confident that our managerial team are creating an atmosphere of players wanting to be at this club and make us join those fighting to be at the top. I certainly dont think that Shi's comments indicate this policy.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Squad of 25 made up of no more than 17 overage foreign players.

So we should be fine as we’re apparently selling everyone and not replacing any of them…
And how many do we currently have?
12/13,including Neves & Traore??
Don’t see it being an issue at all.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s reading the rumours that really hit.

One day minding my own business, and linked to Barcas “Nico Gonzalez” & now Sporting CB “Gonçalo Inacio”.

Never heard of them before, and now will be absolutely gutted when nothing materialises!

Did it with Renato Sanches & Botman, last year with Ocampos, then prior year with Dias!

It’s the hope that kills you.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm more than a bit worried we will have too big a turnover of players this summer. In regards to the first team, i still think we are probably going to end up with a new center half, 2 new midfielders, a new striker and a new wide attacker. Thats half a team pretty much then we still will need 2 or 3 new options besides those ones so 8 new players and losing dressing room leaders like Ruddy is going to be tricky to manage.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The criticism of Jeff’s interview yesterday is that he didn’t try and sugar coat his lack of care about the local fans.

So why would the club bother to put something like that out there?

When Traore left they did nothing to appease the disgruntlement, they just got on with things so why do you assume this would be any different?
You’ll laugh in hindsight but they did try and appease fans. It was the signing of Hwang.

Made no sense at all signing him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom