Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
MGW has been given the chance to show his commitment to Wolves .. if he does not sign the new contract he has to go and quickly .. hope he stays but not confident would say 70/30 on him leaving

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has been given the chance to show his commitment to Wolves .. if he does not sign the new contract he has to go and quickly .. hope he stays but not confident would say 70/30 on him leaving
No problem sell, sell, sell, our recruitment team have plenty of Hwang's to replace the departures, what could possibly go wrong?:confused:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Starting to get concerned at the amount of players that it appears getting hard to convince to sign new contracts at the club. Yes Neto signed new deal which is great but quite a few that we appear not be able to convince if reports are correct.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Usually a bad sign when contract negotiations become public, Wolves are usually very quiet until contract signed. Things must have been really bad over the last few years if he doesn't want to come back and stake a claim for his boyhood club.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MGW is the latest youngster that doesn't want to be here then we need to start asking questions of what it is we are actually doing that puts these guys off.

Who are the others? Can only think of Goncalves which was rumored to be home sick?..

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't be daft ffs. Clearly MGW is a good player, a kid and was the star for Sheff Utd.
A very good player as I've said yes. If you believe what you've seen him produce in the championship he could produce straight away in the Premier league you're sadly mistaken imo. And thats all I'm saying BTW to those who are seeing what's he's done and thinking he can be the dynamic change we need to push forward

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a good player but he's at the absolute apex of his value now. If he doesn't want to sign, need to sell before value plummets. Plenty of good attacking midfielders out there. If we can get 20-25 and identify another few Chiqinho type signings, no biggie.

I don't think we should be held to ransom by a chap who had scored once for us

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could get Carlos Soler, Joe Aribo or Houssem Aouar all for less than we would get for selling Morgan due to their contract situations so if he doesn't want to be here we could easily use the money to get a far superior player in

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would provide ready cash instead of player swaps, look good for ffp and enable us as you say to bid for top players with a year left on their contracts.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've heard it's 90% he's gone
Well we need ready made top players in to maintain our position and attempt to push on, MGW although talented isn't quite the level we need to be bringing into the first team. Good luck to the lad

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we need ready made top players in to maintain our position and attempt to push on, MGW although talented isn't quite the level we need to be bringing into the first team. Good luck to the lad

I don't think selling him is what we want but what he wants.

I think he's a James Madison talent. Selling him will be a mistake

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be disappointed in the club if he left as I personally believe he’s far better than Trincao and Hwang, yet was sent out on loan. Hence, I wouldn’t really blame him if he did want out. Bit of a sad state of affairs really.

Genuine question though: if MGW were to leave and with Ruddy off too, at what point would we need to look at the homegrown quota and potentially either bring through a few more from the U23s or (gulp), actually look at the domestic market?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the results and the way we played this and last season, what player wouldn’t get tired of not being in a winning team and always scrounging for goals?
Yes I know they’re professionals and earn on average £40,000 a week, ( I think), but Jesus, it must drain the enthusiasm of even the most optimistic player when thry frequently lose or scrape draws.
And the pre game ra ra speeches from Bruno and Coady probably grew stale a long time ago …..“yeah boss, we’ve heard it all before” type of thing.

When their best earning years are very short, surely a percentage of our players might want to move on.
Yes, this is speculative but it’s reasonable .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cant really blame the club if he wants to go. We clerly want him here, we have done our best to help him develop and it appears he wants to leave. This time the club have done nothing wrong.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cant really blame the club if he wants to go. We clerly want him here, we have done our best to help him develop and it appears he wants to leave. This time the club have done nothing wrong.
Maybe you‘re right but can we be so sure?
Example, …..Killman under Nuno didn’t see as much action as under Bruno where he blossomed and you could make the same case for some other players too.
Did MGW think that his chances were not coming at Wolves and wanted to try something else?

It begs the question……how good is Bruno at man management?

Just rewatched most of the Gerard documentary about 30 minutes ago and Gerard is talking about how cold Benitez was the reason he seriously considered leaving Liverpool.
Some coaches can rub players the wrong way.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Example, …..Killman under Nuno didn’t see as much action as under Bruno where he blossomed and you could make the same case for some other players too.
Did MGW think that his chances were not coming at Wolves and wanted to try something else?

Just rewatched most of the Gerard documentary about 30 minutes ago and Gerard is talking about how cold Benitez was the reason he seriously considered leaving Liverpool.
And vice versa.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can blame them for the fact we have hwang when it should be Mgw

Clearly there’s too many players for Mgw to be certain he’s starting - hwang one of them. Which is madness

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think selling him is what we want but what he wants.

I think he's a James Madison talent. Selling him will be a mistake
In the medium to long term a mistake possibly yes. His impact won't be seen if he did stay for a another season or so.

That's my opinion anyway, he's not walking straight into our side irrespective of how well he's played at the tier below

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And what has that got to do with the price of fish? There are many Players who scored and got many assists performed in the championship who have gone onto become good/excellent prem players in the last 5 years I also include one fullback as he went from championship straight to the heartbeat of one europes best teams:

Jarod Bowen - now playing for England and a player we are saying we should have gotten.

Grealish - plays for England, 100m transfer to city

Ivan Toney - outscored all our attacking options and bullied our defence

Ollie Watkins - capped by England this year

Andy Robertson - played for hull is now one of the worlds best full backs…..

The championship is a very very good standard and is a harder league than many top level leagues around Europe.

To stand out like he has this season shows what a fantastic player he is growing up to be. This is a league we should be fishing in and sad that we don’t want/seem able to.

Andy Robertson played for Hull in the Prem.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the championship.......
Probably more relevant to trying to work out his future potential than if he had played in AN Other European league, and yet we are often happy to get excited about prospects from other leagues.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'From what I've heard' - what a joke!
Why does it bother you so much every year that some people on this forum might hear bits of information?

Is it that implausible that someone somewhere could possibly know a staff member of someone who works at Wolves or family member or friend of a player who lives and works in this area?

Do you genuinely believe that anyone and everyone who works at wolves or is in some way associated with someone who works at wolves is in no way going to cross paths with someone who may also post on this forum?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don’t forget Gibbs-White doesn’t have the best of relationships with our fans after he was (quite rightly) criticised for breaking covid restrictions. That can play a part in him staying or going.

T

TheConcourse

The only slightly negative thing Wolves have done to MGW was bring him back from Swansea and put him on the bench.

Think that was when his bird moaned about having to sleep on a mattress on the floor. Poor little sausage.

From the outside looking in they’re ripping it apart and starting again. Perhaps MGW has decided he doesn’t want to be part of that risk, because he’s spent zero time with Bruno to make any informed decision.

He looks pretty good in the Championship - no more by the way - I didn’t see a player who was head and shoulders above everyone else. He was actually drifting in and out of games the 5/6 times I watched him for Sheff United.

There was one player who looked miles too good for The Championship - that was Berge.

If he leaves tomorrow I wouldn’t lose any sleep. If he stays he’s going to have a tough battle with Podence, Neto, Chiq and any additions - that’s how I see it anyway.

Can’t believe any homegrown player wouldn’t bust their balls to play for their club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He can go if he wants cash upfront, with a sell-on percentage

Club can't do much more, they offered a contract etc so.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think on this seasons form a motivated MGW improves our team. A player who doesn't really want to be here, shouldn't stay though, especially if we can get good money for him.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we bought a young versatile homegrown EFL player for £15-20m plus add-ons from a top EFL team whose fans all thought he was destined for the top we’d be delighted. Calling him the next Mount or Bowen.

Don’t understand the negativity towards his talent - we were crying out for invention last season - only Podence did something different and that is what MGW would give us.

If he doesn’t want to play for us - fine - he’ll go - but after last season and with 5 subs this season you’ll have to convince me he wouldn’t add hugely to the squad and our creativity.

PS - I also don’t get the same people calling for loans for Silva et al and then when they do well still being negative.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can blame them for the fact we have hwang when it should be Mgw

Clearly there’s too many players for Mgw to be certain he’s starting - hwang one of them. Which is madness

You need to get over the Hwang angle. MGW was loaned out way before we knew how the Hwang deal would end up. If Morgan stayed here there is a fair chance he wouldnt have developed like he did. The club clearly did the right thing for him and his development. You cant blame them at all for how we handled MGW this season. Its been spot on

I'm please he isnt certain of starting as well. He needs to play well enough to earn the shirt. If he out performs them, he will play but he needs to be prepared to prove it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only slightly negative thing Wolves have done to MGW was bring him back from Swansea and put him on the bench.

Think that was when his bird moaned about having to sleep on a mattress on the floor. Poor little sausage.

From the outside looking in they’re ripping it apart and starting again. Perhaps MGW has decided he doesn’t want to be part of that risk, because he’s spent zero time with Bruno to make any informed decision.

He looks pretty good in the Championship - no more by the way - I didn’t see a player who was head and shoulders above everyone else. He was actually drifting in and out of games the 5/6 times I watched him for Sheff United.

There was one player who looked miles too good for The Championship - that was Berge.

If he leaves tomorrow I wouldn’t lose any sleep. If he stays he’s going to have a tough battle with Podence, Neto, Chiq and any additions - that’s how I see it anyway.

Can’t believe any homegrown player wouldn’t bust their balls to play for their club.

I mentioned it somewhere else, but i can remember Adel Tarrabt absolutley carving up the championship for QPR and looked 5 times the player Gibbs-White has this season but he didnt step up. I think Morgan would do well for us, but as i keep saying, he has got to want to. If his attitude is genuinely one of he doesnt care if he stays or leaves, i'd rather sell him and if i was a buying club i wouldnt like that attitude either.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He shouldnt be dumb enough though to judge Bruno by how Nuno dealt with him.

Back
Top Bottom