Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
People have been slagging him off for years (including on this forum). Everything he did was wrong & he'd never be good enough for our first team. He was Billy big *******s with a chip on his shoulder as well
Sheff Utd fans with lower expectations took to him & made him feel appreciated - so he felt a strong connection - nothing wrong with that. Both he & Sheff Utd thought they would win promotion - when they failed it scuppered that move. As a championship club they can't afford either the fee or the required wages as it would break their strict wage structure at the tight knit club.
With Wolves in need of midfield re-inforcements for next season, it was assumed that he would just come back to Wolves & sign a new contract that was on offer. Cue a tentative enquiry from AC Milan - what young player wouldn't have his head turned by the thought of playing for the Rossoneri - now he's back to being a villain again. "See you Morgan - Don't let the door hit you on your **** on the way out" etc. The lad can't win.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have been slagging him off for years (including on this forum). Everything he did was wrong & he'd never be good enough for our first team. He was Billy big *******s with a chip on his shoulder as well
Sheff Utd fans with lower expectations took to him & made him feel appreciated - so he felt a strong connection - nothing wrong with that. Both he & Sheff Utd thought they would win promotion - when they failed it scuppered that move. As a championship club they can't afford either the fee or the required wages as it would break their strict wage structure at the tight knit club.
With Wolves in need of midfield re-inforcements for next season, it was assumed that he would just come back to Wolves & sign a new contract that was on offer. Cue a tentative enquiry from AC Milan - what young player wouldn't have his head turned by the thought of playing for the Rossoneri - now he's back to being a villain again. "See you Morgan - Don't let the door hit you on your **** on the way out" etc. The lad can't win.
How is he the Villan? People are just saying if he doesn't want to stay here sell him. We don't need another Traore situation that's dragged on for 2 seasons.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy how this above average championship player seems to be getting better and better by the day. By the time the season starts we have the next Messi on our hands.

He’s our player, if we want him tell him to get his **** into training in a few weeks. If we don’t, then don’t.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame if he is off.

I've been a bit critical of his public persona (not his game, I don't feel he was really given a chance to shine in that aspect) as I felt it brought about a little bit too much of a spotlight on him. However he's gone to Sheffield, had a brilliant season by all accounts and has enjoyed his football. If he wasn't coming back talking in glowing terms about the loan club then we would have a problem, because the loan would have been less fruitful. He's been respectful to his loan club and taken the bull by the horns, knuckled down and shown what he's capable of.

It's now up to the club to try and make him feel valued, because if they haven't done that while he's been on loan by staying in touch, sending representatives to watch him, etc. then they have an uphill struggle on their hands. The whole point of going on loan is to develop and if we aren't tracking that then that's a problem.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Rafa Silva was viewed as Morgan's replacement should he force a move away this summer rather than staying here.

Probably get a fee for MGW similar to what we would have to pay for Rafa so wouldn't cost us anything effectively.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s the same people that are flip-flopping but that was my quote and I’ve always been consistent in my view about him.
He found his level in the Championship and may have held his own if he got promoted with Sheff Utd. Is he good enough for a PL top 6-8 side? Not a chance.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s the same people that are flip-flopping but that was my quote and I’ve always been consistent in my view about him.
He found his level in the Championship and may have held his own if he got promoted with Sheff Utd. Is he good enough for a PL top 6-8 side? Not a chance.
As we aren't a PL top 6-8 side does that mean he should play for us?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Rafa Silva was viewed as Morgan's replacement should he force a move away this summer rather than staying here.

Probably get a fee for MGW similar to what we would have to pay for Rafa so wouldn't cost us anything effectively.
I'm not necessarily arguing for MGW to be here, but I think there is a playing cost in that Silva is 7 years older and probably won't improve as a player.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't MGW sign a new contract the day he went on loan to United? Now we've offered him another one on his return.

Not sure what more the club can do to make him feel valued?
1 year extension. If he goes this time we should get 20 million.

fleck1

Reaction score
We all hope he comes back, nails down a starting place and is the new hero tearing it up in the Premier League. But for me id not be offering a bumper new deal just yet, he's had a cracking year for Sheff Utd but he still has a lot to prove at Wolves and at this level. He's made 46 premier league appearances and managed 1 goal and 1 assist, or 86 appearances 3 goals and 1 assist across all competitions. As a comparison, slightly scued due to positions but Fabio is 3 years younger and has 4 goals and 6 assists across his 62 games. One has been written off as a failure and one should be retained at all costs?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he really doesn't want to be at the club there's no point in trying to force him to stay. His attitude before he went wasn't the greatest either, and that's based on a friend's info who has a close contact at the club -- Billy Bigboots outlook, but of course he may have outgrown that. I'd like to see him back here, but not if he doesn't want to be

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he really doesn't want to be at the club there's no point in trying to force him to stay. His attitude before he went wasn't the greatest either, and that's based on a friend's info who has a close contact at the club -- Billy Bigboots outlook, but of course he may have outgrown that. I'd like to see him back here, but not if he doesn't want to be
I think lage is keen, he wanted him in jan he wants him now.

Bumper deal and new contract and probably assurances your on the team sheet ever week MGW is probably close to what has happened.

Supposingly he didnt get on with nuno, he will either say yes ill do this and play in the prem for my boyhood club and smash it, with chances of moving if he puts himself in the shop window.

Or just go now if he thinks he is better than us and whats here

fleck1

Reaction score
I think lage is keen, he wanted him in jan he wants him now.

Bumper deal and new contract and probably assurances your on the team sheet ever week MGW is probably close to what has happened.

Supposingly he didnt get on with nuno, he will either say yes ill do this and play in the prem for my boyhood club and smash it, with chances of moving if he puts himself in the shop window.

Or just go now if he thinks he is better than us and whats here
I don't want anyone getting assurances they are in the team, be it MGW, Neto, Raul or Sa. You train, you perform when you get the opportunity, if not you are sat on the bench.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’ll end up staying regardless. His move would have been to blades if they’d gone up as they know him and the fans love him. No one else will pay what we will want for him as it’d be a big gamble for a player who hasn’t done it in the premier league.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all hope he comes back, nails down a starting place and is the new hero tearing it up in the Premier League. But for me id not be offering a bumper new deal just yet, he's had a cracking year for Sheff Utd but he still has a lot to prove at Wolves and at this level. He's made 46 premier league appearances and managed 1 goal and 1 assist, or 86 appearances 3 goals and 1 assist across all competitions. As a comparison, slightly scued due to positions but Fabio is 3 years younger and has 4 goals and 6 assists across his 62 games. One has been written off as a failure and one should be retained at all costs?
I actually think that Fabio would benefit from playing with MGW - movement through the lines, passes to run on to, support from a midfielder wh o wants to get in the box etc rather than having to live off crosses and minimal support or supply.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think that Fabio would benefit from playing with MGW - movement through the lines, passes to run on to, support from a midfielder wh o wants to get in the box etc rather than having to live off crosses and minimal support or supply.
Completely agree podence/mgw in the 10 fabio will benefit with neto/chiquinho or another as wingers

Reactions: Ian

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’ll end up staying regardless. His move would have been to blades if they’d gone up as they know him and the fans love him. No one else will pay what we will want for him as it’d be a big gamble for a player who hasn’t done it in the premier league.
I hope he ends up staying SBK as I would like to think he has learned a lot at the Blades. He’s now 22 and we should no longer be looking at potential but at a mature professional who can progress in the right way, with consistency, the right attitude and professionalism. He has all the makings and he would be ‘like a new signing’ as they say. At his best he has the ability to go past players, create and score goals. Some of the things we are desperate for. I know he did all that in an average Championship, but he did it consistently and he must have learned a hell of a lot of what he needs to do.

Thing is a decision needs to made pretty quick imo as we must make our plans for next season. Bruno has already said he wants to keep MGW. Just hope MGW feels the same.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't MGW sign a new contract the day he went on loan to United? Now we've offered him another one on his return.

Not sure what more the club can do to make him feel valued?

Negative experiences here compared to when he's away. Partner wants to live closer to London to help her career.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Negative experiences here compared to when he's away. Partner wants to live closer to London to help her career.
It will be her career that will be more important and not his then. No point staying in Sheffield was there!

First and foremost I want MGW to stay here. If not it might be Fulham or Palace based on your last sentence. Fulham maybe, but Palace look like they will have to replace Conor Gallagher who will be going back to Chelsea.

fleck1

Reaction score
Personally think they both have something to offer us long term, but also they both still have a lot to prove at this level.

T

TheConcourse

I'd say a lot of young footballers have a billy big *******s attitude tbh. It's inevitable when you have that much money at such a young age.

I'd be an absolute ****.
Same. Easy for me to take the moral high-ground, but I’d be an insufferable ***** as a multi-millionaire young 20’s footballer.

Women throwing themselves at you, fans adoring you. Come on. Ego city. Wouldn’t want to manage them!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny people getting upset he said once a blade, yet love Frimpong for all his positive quotes about wolves! One played half a dozen games, one played a whole season

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily arguing for MGW to be here, but I think there is a playing cost in that Silva is 7 years older and probably won't improve as a player.

For that reason I think it is their priority that Morgan stays because he is so young and can improve further but if he doesn't having a player like Rafa Silva who is in his prime come in wouldn't be a bad thing when we could possibly have Almeida, Neto, Pedrinho, Chiquinho & Guedes under 25 as our other attacking midfield & winger options

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wasn’t already ours we would be wanting him to come here. He had a great season and was the one thing our midfield aren’t….. A GOAL THREAT
Whilst I agree with you, I feel the need to point out that he hasn’t been playing in midfield!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the championship.......
And what has that got to do with the price of fish? There are many Players who scored and got many assists performed in the championship who have gone onto become good/excellent prem players in the last 5 years I also include one fullback as he went from championship straight to the heartbeat of one europes best teams:

Jarod Bowen - now playing for England and a player we are saying we should have gotten.

Grealish - plays for England, 100m transfer to city

Ivan Toney - outscored all our attacking options and bullied our defence

Ollie Watkins - capped by England this year

Andy Robertson - played for hull is now one of the worlds best full backs…..

The championship is a very very good standard and is a harder league than many top level leagues around Europe.

To stand out like he has this season shows what a fantastic player he is growing up to be. This is a league we should be fishing in and sad that we don’t want/seem able to.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what has that got to do with the price of fish? There are many Players who scored and got many assists performed in the championship who have gone onto become good/excellent prem players in the last 5 years I also include one fullback as he went from championship straight to the heartbeat of one europes best teams:

Jarod Bowen - now playing for England and a player we are saying we should have gotten.

Grealish - plays for England, 100m transfer to city

Ivan Toney - outscored all our attacking options and bullied our defence

Ollie Watkins - capped by England this year

Andy Robertson - played for hull is now one of the worlds best full backs…..

The championship is a very very good standard and is a harder league than many top level leagues around Europe.

To stand out like he has this season shows what a fantastic player he is growing up to be. This is a league we should be fishing in and sad that we don’t want/seem able to.
im just pointing out that he’s done very very well at a level below us but some are thinking he can transfer that form straight into our team at a level well above what Sheff Utd have been playing at

Back
Top Bottom