Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shouldnt be dumb enough though to judge Bruno by how Nuno dealt with him.
“dumb”. is maybe not the best or fairest description of their professional relationship.

I suspect that the tension or atmosphere at Compton over the last year or so must have been brutal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“dumb”. is maybe not the best or fairest description of their professional relationship.

I suspect that the tension or atmosphere at Compton over the last year or so must have been brutal.

I think he will be dumb if he judges one person by the actions of another.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can blame them for the fact we have hwang when it should be Mgw

Clearly there’s too many players for Mgw to be certain he’s starting - hwang one of them. Which is madness
Considering MGW was arguable our best player pre-season but was bench warming when the season started. Bruno, like Nuno, preferred the Neves/Mouts midfield and ultimately the same basic style as Nuno.

MGW believes he is good enough for regular first team football and can’t see it happening at Wolves.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose him not wanting to sign a new contract doesn’t necessarily mean he wants to leave, he may want to stay and see how next season goes before potentially signing a new contract next summer or even around January time.
In truth this may be a good scenario for us too.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think he needs to feel wanted and that he is one of the main men in the side. Thrived on being given that responsibility for Swansea and Sheff Utd and was quite clearly enjoying his football there more than he did with us.

Give him regular game time until January and see if that changes his feelings towards us. If not, sell him then.

Slightly worrying though that Adama, Neves and now potentially MGW and Moutinho won’t extend contracts despite us wanting them to stay.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he needs to feel wanted and that he is one of the main men in the side. Thrived on being given that responsibility for Swansea and Sheff Utd and was quite clearly enjoying his football there more than he did with us.

Give him regular game time until January and see if that changes his feelings towards us. If not, sell him then.

Slightly worrying though that Adama, Neves and now potentially MGW and Moutinho won’t extend contracts despite us wanting them to stay.

If these reports about players not wanting to extend are true, then either it’s bad feeling with Lage, or it’s a growing disillusionment with the clubs lack of ambition. Either way it requires Jeff to take action, as this could be seriously damaging for the team.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If these reports about players not wanting to extend are true, then either it’s bad feeling with Lage, or it’s a growing disillusionment with the clubs lack of ambition. Either way it requires Jeff to take action, as this could be seriously damaging for the team.
More likely that they think we dont pay what they think their market rate is.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve mixed feelings on Morgan. Loads of potential but can’t help thinking his ego is greater than his ability.
Agree. His missus is a proper attention speaker too by the looks of it.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The reasoning will be different in all cases, especially so for MGW you'd suspect, but I think we're starting to see the crunch of where Fosun's strategy hits the wall of football reality.

I sympathise with them in some ways, because football finance is ridiculous. But no one is forcing them to own a Premier League club. They've done brilliantly to establish us in the top half of the world's richest league within their own parameters, but it's a millionaire's playground free-for-all, and naive to think otherwise.

You can't sustain the gloss and revenue of the PL long-term without biting the bullet and forking over ludicrous wages and contracts, orherwise your best players and best prospects will jump ship without a backwards glance.

No one sensibly expects us to compete financially with the big clubs, but if they want to run the same race as Leicester, West Ham, that will need serious money. You don't get to enjoy PL benefits on a financial model better suited to Serie A or Ligue Un.

I'm worried too, that we're not as attractive a prospect or project that we were a couple of years ago. I'm less bothered that we're shedding older players on higher wages while looking to reinvest in youth at value, but I'm definitely concerned that we won't be able to entice those younger players or keep them happy because we won't match the wages of clubs around us (if that's the case). That way lies sub-standard players, loss of direction and the Championship.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems with MGW showing commitment to the club are very far from being unique
at the Premier level. Take a look through at the first teams of the top half of the division.

Very few youth players make it through in general. Probably the most successful in recent
years have been Chelsea, with Mount, Chalobah, James and Loftus Cheek becoming regulars.
But all played a lot of games on loan, mainly in the lower divisions before being integrated into
the first team squad. And all had a pathway cleared for them into the first team. This last step
may well be where Wolves are falling down, in my view.

MGW not keen, delays with Kilman being properly integrated, and now Fabio, Hoever, Mosquera all
in somewhat of a limbo. This has to be resolved if the Academy is going to play a significant role
in advancing the club.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reasoning will be different in all cases, especially so for MGW you'd suspect, but I think we're starting to see the crunch of where Fosun's strategy hits the wall of football reality.

I sympathise with them in some ways, because football finance is ridiculous. But no one is forcing them to own a Premier League club. They've done brilliantly to establish us in the top half of the world's richest league within their own parameters, but it's a millionaire's playground free-for-all, and naive to think otherwise.

You can't sustain the gloss and revenue of the PL long-term without biting the bullet and forking over ludicrous wages and contracts, orherwise your best players and best prospects will jump ship without a backwards glance.

No one sensibly expects us to compete financially with the big clubs, but if they want to run the same race as Leicester, West Ham, that will need serious money. You don't get to enjoy PL benefits on a financial model better suited to Serie A or Ligue Un.

I'm worried too, that we're not as attractive a prospect or project that we were a couple of years ago. I'm less bothered that we're shedding older players on higher wages while looking to reinvest in youth at value, but I'm definitely concerned that we won't be able to entice those younger players or keep them happy because we won't match the wages of clubs around us (if that's the case). That way lies sub-standard players, loss of direction and the Championship.
Bang on. Great post.

T

TheConcourse

If we bought a young versatile homegrown EFL player for £15-20m plus add-ons from a top EFL team whose fans all thought he was destined for the top we’d be delighted. Calling him the next Mount or Bowen.

Don’t understand the negativity towards his talent - we were crying out for invention last season - only Podence did something different and that is what MGW would give us.

If he doesn’t want to play for us - fine - he’ll go - but after last season and with 5 subs this season you’ll have to convince me he wouldn’t add hugely to the squad and our creativity.

PS - I also don’t get the same people calling for loans for Silva et al and then when they do well still being negative.
He’s got to want to be here or the talent is worth next to nothing. Same as Trincao.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems with MGW showing commitment to the club are very far from being unique
at the Premier level. Take a look through at the first teams of the top half of the division.

Very few youth players make it through in general. Probably the most successful in recent
years have been Chelsea, with Mount, Chalobah, James and Loftus Cheek becoming regulars.
But all played a lot of games on loan, mainly in the lower divisions before being integrated into
the first team squad. And all had a pathway cleared for them into the first team. This last step

MGW not keen, delays with Kilman being properly integrated, and now Fabio, Hoever, Mosquera all
in somewhat of a limbo. This has to be resolved if the Academy is going to play a significant role
in advancing the club.
Don't forget Mosquera was injured for a very long time.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what has that got to do with the price of fish? There are many Players who scored and got many assists performed in the championship who have gone onto become good/excellent prem players in the last 5 years I also include one fullback as he went from championship straight to the heartbeat of one europes best teams:

Jarod Bowen - now playing for England and a player we are saying we should have gotten.

Grealish - plays for England, 100m transfer to city

Ivan Toney - outscored all our attacking options and bullied our defence

Ollie Watkins - capped by England this year

Andy Robertson - played for hull is now one of the worlds best full backs…..

The championship is a very very good standard and is a harder league than many top level leagues around Europe.

To stand out like he has this season shows what a fantastic player he is growing up to be. This is a league we should be fishing in and sad that we don’t want/seem able to.
For each success you name there are 15-20 Championship players who simply wouldn't be able to cut it in the PL. The question is which group does MGW fall into ? The jury is out.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

in advancing the club.

Agree completely.

It’s one thing when there is a project and upward trajectory, that’s why start up companies can attract top talent with the promise of an IPO pay off to retain them. But like startups which fail to go public, once a team plateau’s then people focus on the here and now and if you’re not competitive then people won’t stay if they have better options.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mir. And i know for a fact Vitinha had no interest coming back though I understand why given Nuno pretty much ignored him.

2 over a four year period, with one been a good deal and profit isn't really bad is it? That can happen anywhere surely.

What about the youngsters who have signed for us? Neto, Mosquera, Nouri, Chiqhinho, Hodge, Kilman, Silva, Bolla

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people seriously believe that he wouldn’t improve our goal threat in the right set up ?
Is he worth changing the set up for?

For me, if we have any ambition we sell him. Good player, will have a good career at premier league level. He doesn't fit with how we currently play and isn't worth building the team around.
Besides, there is a minority of fans that have always hated him for some reason. He's better off elsewhere.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me, if we have any ambition we sell him. Good player, will have a good career at premier league level. He doesn't fit with how we currently play and isn't worth building the team around.
Besides, there is a minority of fans that have always hated him for some reason. He's better off elsewhere.

Our current 'set up' has seen us score less than a goal a game over the last two seasons. If it wasn't for Jose Sa this year, we'd of been fighting to stay up. It is most definitely time for a change, but for that to happen the owners need to invest in a quality, experienced centre back, which hasn't happened since Ryan Bennett.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 over a four year period, with one been a good deal and profit isn't really bad is it? That can happen anywhere surely.

What about the youngsters who have signed for us? Neto, Mosquera, Nouri, Chiqhinho, Hodge, Kilman, Silva, Bolla
Don't talk sense.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier but it was reported today that Saints want him for £20m.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think he’d fit perfectly in the role Donck has been (ridiculously) asked to play, a hybrid central midfielder/right winger.

I also think he’d fit well as the second striker in a 352.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier but it was reported today that Saints want him for £20m.
If he does go, Nottingham Forest might now be interested after promotion to the Prem.

Forest manager, Steve Cooper has worked with him before, for the England youth squad.

Good shout imo, although I don’t want him to go.

Wouldn’t rule out Fulham or Crystal Palace either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom