Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wycombe beat Franchise FC on aggregate to go through to the League One playoff final. Gareth Ainsworth looking more and more like Michael Bolton as the seasons go by. Theo Corbeanu looked good for MK Dons.
Corbeanu was great until the final ball. Much like a lot of our forwards/wingers! He definitely needs a loan in the Championship next season.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves v Brentford, referee tells Marcal stop grabbing he does not and pulls Brentford player to floor, yellow card and penalty to Brentford
( correct decision )

City v Newcastle, referee tells Byrne stop grabbing he does not and pulls City player to floor, yellow card and NO penalty.

Yet another in the never ending line of inconsistent interpretation of the rules by Premier League Referees :mad::mad::mad:
I posted this on another thread, has one other penalty been awarded this season for grabbing in the box at set pieces? I can’t remember another. Seriously don’t get why we are so harshly punished. Greenwood’s goal for United? The ref had twice stopped play for non head injuries to United players, **** all for us.

I know it’s a football fans view to believe they’re hard done to, but this season I genuinely do think we’ve had sone really ****ty decisions

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves v Brentford, referee tells Marcal stop grabbing he does not and pulls Brentford player to floor, yellow card and penalty to Brentford
( correct decision )

City v Newcastle, referee tells Byrne stop grabbing he does not and pulls City player to floor, yellow card and NO penalty.

Yet another in the never ending line of inconsistent interpretation of the rules by Premier League Referees :mad::mad::mad:

The ball wasn't in play when Byrne was booked, so I don't think the penalty was given.

Marcal pulled after the ball was kicked, so it was in play and a penalty.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it strange that people are living in the 1970s and hoping Leeds get relegated.
It’s 2022 and an away day at Leeds is far preferable to an away day at Burnley.
For those living in the 70’s or those that sit at home watching on sky, you may want Burnley to stay up over Leeds. But for those that actually go to away games, Leeds is an order of magnitude a better day out than Burnley.
You either want to play in the best league in the world and play teams like Leeds and Everton or you want to play Burnley.
They'll still be dirty leeds this time next century.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They murdered them but just couldn't score. Stockdale in goal was unbelievable. Got to say, Wycombe's defence was superb. Backs to the wall stuff.

While Wycombe deserved their win I hope that Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland go up as it would be nice for the WBA Official Supporters Club to travel to one of those big capacity grounds in the 12 seater transit and Fiat 500 they use for away day travel so they can see home areas where there are a lot of fans and not swathes of empty seats as there are at the Poorthorns :D :D :D :D

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atletico Madrid still beating Real Madrid 1-0, but they could be 3-0 up. Vallejo took a bad kick to the head, but I think his hair do saved him a more serious injury. He is back on the pitch now.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it strange that people are living in the 1970s and hoping Leeds get relegated.
It’s 2022 and an away day at Leeds is far preferable to an away day at Burnley.
For those living in the 70’s or those that sit at home watching on sky, you may want Burnley to stay up over Leeds. But for those that actually go to away games, Leeds is an order of magnitude a better day out than Burnley.
You either want to play in the best league in the world and play teams like Leeds and Everton or you want to play Burnley.
But holding grudges and schadenfreude in general is all part of being a football fan, completely illogical maybe but it’s all part of the fun :D.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, has one other penalty been awarded this season for grabbing in the box at set pieces? I can’t remember another. Seriously don’t get why we are so harshly punished. Greenwood’s goal for United? The ref had twice stopped play for non head injuries to United players, **** all for us.

I know it’s a football fans view to believe they’re hard done to, but this season I genuinely do think we’ve had sone really ****ty decisions
Liverpool got one the other week but that’s the only one I can recall. Ridiculous if there’s only 2 all season given all the pulling and pushing that goes on.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool got one the other week but that’s the only one I can recall. Ridiculous if there’s only 2 all season given all the pulling and pushing that goes on.
Must admit I can’t remember it, amazing it wasn’t against them……. Oh wait is it 48 games now since they conceded one? Think we’ve conceded 12 in the last 48 games, staggering

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't drive the play forward btw
Interesting how those stats conflict with what I think I see.

As someone once said, there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

:)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked more hasn’t been made of s****horpe playing kids at Bristol rovers.

And me, surely they should have played their first team for a game that was going to have a major bearing on the promotion race. I wonder if Northampton Town will lodge a complaint with the FA.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked more hasn’t been made of s****horpe playing kids at Bristol rovers.
In their defence S****horpe started with 8 players who had started their previous game v Hartlepool (and drew)

I would image if those 2 games didn’t include their more senior players it’s because those players have been told they are being released in the summer so didn’t want to risk injuries and also what’s the point playing players who won’t be there next season?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weds v Sunderland so so poor. I just remember how good our Lg 1 side was that one season. Good memories.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or you know, you might be wrong?
I might be.

Or the statistics might just relate to a smallish number of minutes or appearances highlighting the fact that he rarely starts because he does not add much to the Man City way of playing. Or not. Either way, I know what I see.

Perhaps his impact will be more noticeable next season after he has used this one to “bed in”.

Either way I’m not overly bothered.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I might be.

Or the statistics might just relate to a smallish number of minutes or appearances highlighting the fact that he rarely starts because he does not add much to the Man City way of playing. Or not. Either way, I know what I see.

Perhaps his impact will be more noticeable next season after he has used this one to “bed in”.

Either way I’m not overly bothered.
25 games worth of minutes, but yeah neither am I. He is a top player, elite ball progressor

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I’ve seen Barry Bannan in last couple of seasons he’s been best player on the pitch by far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeh. Then sort of went down hill a bit the same time they did. He's a good player though. Far too good for his teams current level.
Yeah had a very good career, got to keep perspective ain't you. 420 odd games in the football league, majority top 2 divisions. Brilliant really compared to how most youth team players go

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Peach of a ball out of defence by Danny Batth to set up Sunderland's goal in the third minute of 10 minutes of injury time at Hillsborough. I'd like to see Sunderland go up, their fans have suffered enough. Good game, each team have been going at it hammer and tongs since Wednesday scored to make it level on aggregate. Sunderland got the crucial goal. Still 3 mins left of the injury time.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peach of a ball out of defence by Danny Batth to set up Sunderland's goal in the third minute of 10 minutes of injury time at Hillsborough. I'd like to see Sunderland go up, their fans have suffered enough. Good game, each team have been going at it hammer and tongs since Wednesday scored to make it level on aggregate. Sunderland got the crucial goal. Still 3 mins left of the injury time.
As soon as Batth looked up, I thought 'Row Z'.

Apparently not!

Back
Top Bottom