Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see some numbers BCW. Any idea where I can find a report?

It’s owned by Pique isn’t it - or he’s a shareholder or something? Had a friend that worked on the Pro Evo account at an agency, he mentioned that Pique has spent a fortune on acquiring and running the eSports model in some format.
Presume the numbers will be end of season
My daughter worked on the events side and told me the money involved is unbelievable
They are trying to get into F1 or TOCA with advertising /sponsorship too

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cos they've not done that at all have they....
Invested 100 mill to start with and the investment since , has been scuppered by ffp of course but we have hardly backed Bruno which is why people aren't pleased. No.one is asking us to spunk money up the wall but we've had chance to kick on and we blew it.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Global esports revenues will grow to $1.1 billion in 2020, a year-on-year growth of +15.7%, up from $950.6 million in 2019. In 2020, $822.4 million in revenues—or three-quarters of the total market—will come from media rights and sponsorship.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are a waste of time???? Oh my days!!! The most forward thinking, investing owners we've had and you criticise them cos we're not the next Newcastle... Poor you

You're kidding yourself if you think it's the Fosun of a few years back (when they also appeared to be engaged with developing the ground).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If the ground is redone the club will loan money for it. Fosun have given us £120M + purchase price and have decided we can now walk on our own two feet

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're kidding yourself if you think it's the Fosun of a few years back (when they also appeared to be engaged with developing the ground).
Covid.... Remember that?!!! Its had an effect on many clubs especially on projects outside of the team itself. Are there many clubs developing grounds right now?? Nope!!

I've said for ages that molineux won't get extensive work anyway as it's just not feasible for what they would want to gain from a show stopping ground, Fosun if anything will develop a new arena imo, as sad as that is sometimes you need to move away to move forward......

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Let’s have more than two weeks as a good team before we spend on building the Black Country bernabau
As someone who goes to virtually every home game prioritising what is on the pitch is more important than the stadium imo. Respect others feeling differently but the numbers just don't make sense any way I square them.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Covid.... Remember that?!!! Its had an effect on many clubs especially on projects outside of the team itself. Are there many clubs developing grounds right now?? Nope!!

I've said for ages that molineux won't get extensive work anyway as it's just not feasible for what they would want to gain from a show stopping ground, Fosun if anything will develop a new arena imo, as sad as that is sometimes you need to move away to move forward......
You absolutely don't have to move away, it's lazy thinking.

The only thing with an out of town ground is problems, dead space and appalling logistics. Also would completely finish off the town.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
As someone who goes to virtually every home game prioritising what is on the pitch is more important than the stadium imo. Respect others feeling differently but the numbers just don't make sense any way I square them.
I absolutely agree about prioritising what is on the pitch but that will not change, in five years, ten years down the line whichever scenario Wolves find themselves in.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For owners who say that they want to be around for the long term it's incredibly short sighted not to develop the stadium, both to increase capacity and improve the fan experience.

Jeff says that the priority is to invest in the squad, well that's fine and dandy and who wouldnt want better players, but when you think that we spent 85 million on Fabio Semedo and Hwang the better play would have been to put 50 mil into the stadium development.

If Jeff wants guarantees that we'll be top six by the time the stadium is finished he ain't going to get them. Ever.

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You absolutely don't have to move away, it's lazy thinking.

The only thing with an out of town ground is problems, dead space and appalling logistics. Also would completely finish off the town.
It's lazy to say its only problems with an out of town location. You don't like the idea?, that's one thing but just say that as opposed to saying it has no benefits at all.
For the record I wouldn't want us to move out the town centre, my point is that I believe for a grand 45000 odd stadium the current location can't adapt to it, the extensive work related to accommodating it all far out ways a concept design from a blank canvas make it all unfeasible to go with. It'll cost 50% more to create the same stadia where it is now, it's just not the choice they'll make sadly, hence why nothing has happened to molineux bar a lick of paint.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For owners who say that they want to be around for the long term it's incredibly short sighted not to develop the stadium, both to increase capacity and improve the fan experience.

Jeff says that the priority is to invest in the squad, well that's fine and dandy and who wouldnt want better players, but when you think that we spent 85 million on Fabio Semedo and Hwang I think that the better play would have been to put 50 mil into the stadium development.

If Jeff wants guarantees that we'll be top six by the time the stadium is finished he ain't going to get them. Ever.
Hmmmm.... I hope that Jeff's maths is better than yours. How does £35M (Fabio) plus £14M (Hwang) amount to £85M? What happened to the other £36M?

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score

Jeff says that the priority is to invest in the squad, well that's fine and dandy and who wouldnt want better players, but when you think that we spent 85 million on Fabio Semedo and Hwang I think that the better play would have been to put 50 mil into the stadium development.

I thought Fulham were brave, investing in their new Riverside Stand without establishing themselves in the Premier League.
The stand is not yet finished inside, but the lower tier will be ready for their return to the PL good on them, a nice, expanded ground for Wolves fans to visit.
Hmmmm.... I hope that Jeff's maths is better than yours. How does £35M (Fabio) plus £14M (Hwang) amount to £85M? What happened to the other £36M?
Semedo fee.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Fulham were brave, investing in their new Riverside Stand without establishing themselves in the Premier League.
The stand is not yet finished, but the lower tier will be ready for their return to the PL good on them, a nice, expanded ground for Wolves fans to visit.

Semedo fee.
I wondered about that and missed Semedo's name truthfully. Deceptive to imply that the fee for a player who before he was injured was a candidate for player of the season was wasted. Also deceptive to quote the maximum fee should all clauses kick in.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It's lazy to say its only problems with an out of town location. You don't like the idea?, that's one thing but just say that as opposed to saying it has no benefits at all.
For the record I wouldn't want us to move out the town centre, my point is that I believe for a grand 45000 odd stadium the current location can't adapt to it, the extensive work related to accommodating it all far out ways a concept design from a blank canvas make it all unfeasible to go with. It'll cost 50% more to create the same stadia where it is now, it's just not the choice they'll make sadly, hence why nothing has happened to molineux bar a lick of paint.
Have been through this many times before not writing it all out again. 50% more, absolutely not.

Personally I think we move out of town and it's the beginning of the end, especially if things don't run quite as smoothly on the pitch.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jeff says that the priority is to invest in the squad, well that's fine and dandy and who wouldnt want better players, but when you think that we spent 85 million on Fabio Semedo and Hwang the better play would have been to put 50 mil into the stadium development.

They might still be but covid, global economy, volatile China etc etc etc make it a risky time to make big decisions. Don’t know if rising UK interest rates will add to that but unsustainable decisions have hurt us before

I’d rather trust people who know the maths even if I’m disappointed by our ambition.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have been through this many times before not writing it all out again. 50% more, absolutely not.

Personally I think we move out of town and it's the beginning of the end, especially if things don't run quite as smoothly on the pitch.
I agree it would be catastrophic for the town.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wondered about that and missed Semedo's name truthfully. Deceptive to imply that the fee for a player who before he was injured was a candidate for player of the season was wasted. Also deceptive to quote the maximum fee should all clauses kick in.
No need to double down on your mistake mate. I wasn't being deceptive in the slightest.
Maybe I'm just a believer in bricks and mortar.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might have a point if we needed a whole new stadium, but we don’t. A new east stand and an enlarged south bank at jobs a good un. Which would be much cheaper than building a complete new stadium elsewhere.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again

They're running the ground down as to as low a quality as possible so that when they drop the i54 bombshell it'll be a relief, rather than something fans are opposed to.
It’d take another 20 years before it was in that state, Fosun will be long gone before then

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
You might have a point if we needed a whole new stadium, but we don’t. A new east stand and an enlarged south bank at jobs a good un. Which would be much cheaper than building a complete new stadium elsewhere.
Agree. Most fans are only asking for Jeff's step by step approach to redevelop Molineux, a new Steve Bull stand and an expanded South Bank.
Frustratingly, there has been no movement on the first step, to do one or the other. Fulham and Liverpool are building new or adding capacity on stands.
Everton are well underway on their 53,000 capacity, 505m new stadium at Bramley Dock, and half a dozen more clubs are gearing up for big redevelopments.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who want a 50k Stadium, there are still more than 550 Seats available for wednesdays game against Man City, I checked expecting it to be sold out, but plenty in the Graham Hughes and a few others scattered around.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who want a 50k Stadium, there are still more than 550 Seats available for wednesdays game against Man City, I checked expecting it to be sold out, but plenty in the Graham Hughes and a few others scattered around.

Open air stand with the possibility of rain, night game ruling out anyone from distance, and the game is on Sky…

The fact that there are less than 2% of seats available, and they are almost all the crappiest we have given its a night game on Sky, actually suggests the opposite.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
The City match will sell out when the tickets left go on General Sale, probably tomorrow.
Less than 140 tickets left for the Norwich game, on General Sale admittedly but should sell out by next Sunday.

Last edited:

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The City match will sell out when the tickets left go on General Sale, probably tomorrow.
Less than 140 tickets left for the Norwich game, on General Sale admittedly but should sell out by next Sunday.
no ground in the country sells out 100%
Wolves sell just over 95% of capacity
But we have a supposed capacity of 32,050 and with the "temp." stand not being
in use for most of the season the average gate has being used vs the 32,050.
our highest gate so far has been 31,522 so 98.4%
across the season that would put us 3rd with Arsenal in the prem

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really we should reduce the capacity to about 6000 because that's all we got in the 4th division. We should never have planned for the future then and we shouldn't now.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just mentioned in another thread revenue could be created by drinking in the ground instead of town on match days. If it meant wolves staying at molineux would the fans support the idea
If they sold decent beer and reasonable prices I'd be interested. If they continued peddling the crap they currently do at exorbitant prices, then I wouldn't.

They'd need to sell beer in glasses too. Can't see that being allowed.

In short if Wolves replicated a decent boozer with decent prices I'd be all over it. Anything short of that, then nah.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, it's pretty much a dead rubber. For us anyway.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they sold decent beer and reasonable prices I'd be interested. If they continued peddling the crap they currently do at exorbitant prices, then I wouldn't.

They'd need to sell beer in glasses too. Can't see that being allowed.

In short if Wolves replicated a decent boozer with decent prices I'd be all over it. Anything short of that, then nah.
...I might be reading too much into this, but maybe you could just go down the pub?

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
My cousin is a Chelsea STH and he managed to get me one of his mates tickets on Saturday which was erm... interesting at the end as you can imagine. But just following on from some of the comments above, I was quite impressed with the facilities in the Matthew Harding stand there just for the normal non corporate punters, a proper pub type bar with seating, TVs £3 a pint too before the game. Only downside was there was only Guinness, some ****ty lager and a cider on draft. Plenty of toilets, no queuing in a 5 deep scrum, in fact some very orderly queuing for a slash which threw me a bit. Just whole lot more civilised and in a stand that is much older than our newest one and has if anything less concourse space. Ended up having four pints in the ground which would never happen at Molineux just down to a) time and b) cost.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My cousin is a Chelsea STH and he managed to get me one of his mates tickets on Saturday which was erm... interesting at the end as you can imagine. But just following on from some of the comments above, I was quite impressed with the facilities in the Matthew Harding stand there just for the normal non corporate punters, a proper pub type bar with seating, TVs £3 a pint too before the game. Only downside was there was only Guinness, some ****ty lager and a cider on draft. Plenty of toilets, no queuing in a 5 deep scrum, in fact some very orderly queuing for a slash which threw me a bit. Just whole lot more civilised and in a stand that is much older than our newest one and has if anything less concourse space. Ended up having four pints in the ground which would never happen at Molineux just down to a) time and b) cost.
Interesting.
What would the face value of that ticket be?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Southend they have what's basically a proper pub in the main stand - it's dark and dingy, hasn't been refurbished since the 80s, sells decent beer and I swear even has a dart board! They have ales on and a new beer every game... it's genuinely brilliant.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Southend they have what's basically a proper pub in the main stand - it's dark and dingy, hasn't been refurbished since the 80s, sells decent beer and I swear even has a dart board! They have ales on and a new beer every game... it's genuinely brilliant.
We don’t even get Banks’s in the north bank bar anymore!

Back
Top Bottom