Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My recollection is that Morgan was looking quite seriously at this option but the main reason they couldn't pursue it was that there just wasn't time between seasons to get it done properly, drainage & under pitch heating would've taken months to sort out before the new pitch could be laid out and seeded. It might be possible these days with advances in technology. In fact in many stadiums the front row is a good couple of feet below pitch level in any case.

Makes sense. Unfortunately now the new NB is located further forward dropping the pitch is no longer possible without moving the front of either the north or south bank, which defeats the purpose.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Build up on BT to Real Madrid v Man City semi final Champions league game and seeing the ongoing redevelopment of the Bernabéu Stadium.

They're adding a 5th tier to stadium there never mind a 2nd or corner sections that we're having a job to manage to develop even in our dreams.

No ambitions for the future from Fosun compared to this whatsoever !
658FB20E-6F93-47EE-9EB3-64F54E832ACB.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Build up on BT to Real Madrid v Man City semi final Champions league game and seeing the ongoing redevelopment of the Bernabéu Stadium.

They're adding a 5th tier there never mind a 2nd or corner sections that we're having a job to manage to develop even in our dreams.

No ambitions from Fosun compared to this whatsoever !
Yeah, why aren't we copying what Real Madrid are doing. Fosun not in for Mbappe. No ambition!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're adding a 5th tier there never mind a 2nd or corner sections that we're having a job to manage to develop even in our dreams.

No ambitions from Fosun compared to this whatsoever !
We aren't trying to sign Haaland like Citeh either. Absolutely disgraceful isn't it.....

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting to see the Bernadette stadium in tonight’s Madrid Man City game. Still building the upper tier but open for a Champions league game!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting to see the Bernadette stadium in tonight’s Madrid Man City game. Still building the upper tier but open for a Champions league game!
Bit late mate..Didn't you read the previous few posts

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, why aren't we copying what Real Madrid are doing. Fosun not in for Mbappe. No ambition!
On 17th October 1957, Wolves took on the reigning European Cup holders, the mighty Real Madrid – widely considered the best team in the world at that time – under the lights at Molineux.

Filled with stars such as Santamaria, Zarraga, Kopa, Di Stefano, Rial and Gento in their line-up, Real’s reputation took a heft knock as they went down 3-2 to Stan Cullis’ men in front of 55,169 supporters.

Goals from Dennis Wilshaw, Peter Broadbent and Jimmy Murray gave Wolves the victory :)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

On 17th October 1957, Wolves took on the reigning European Cup holders, the mighty Real Madrid – widely considered the best team in the world at that time – under the lights at Molineux.

Filled with stars such as Santamaria, Zarraga, Kopa, Di Stefano, Rial and Gento in their line-up, Real’s reputation took a heft knock as they went down 3-2 to Stan Cullis’ men in front of 55,169 supporters.

Goals from Dennis Wilshaw, Peter Broadbent and Jimmy Murray gave Wolves the victory :)
And you just sent me that on the Internet rather than faxing it to me. Times change

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's only mismanagement that has meant we have fallen out of the elite group of English clubs with a proud history and a large local, national and international support.
We are the famous Wolverhampton Wanderers and we deserve a 50k stadium finished in old gold and black.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The update from Jeff will be that its still on their agenda but not priority, or something like that. Which, to me, is a total non answer, and emphasises nothing will happen.

i want to hear when it will start, what is the timescale, or just what parameters will be needed to press ‘go’ on the whole project.

it maybe down to Anglo/Chinese relations at the moment, it maybe because they wanted to build at i54, it maybe because they are waiting to buy Asda and build there so it doesnt disrupt match days at Molineux. Its probably because they simply dont want to invest at all. But be HONEST Jeff.

But not saying anything, when other clubs openly announce plans to build new stands, and progress with them, while we stay silent and do nothing is disappointing.

Two years ago Wolves were the most exciting project in European football. Looks like we peaked too soon.
It maybe down to the fact that it involves complex negotiations with, and investment from, the Council and the Uni and Asda about the complete regeneration of the area around the existing ground?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only mismanagement that has meant we have fallen out of the elite group of English clubs with a proud history and a large local, national and international support.
We are the famous Wolverhampton Wanderers and we deserve a 50k stadium finished in old gold and black.
Sounds like something a Viler would write about them......

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It maybe down to the fact that it involves complex negotiations with, and investment from, the Council and the Uni and Asda about the complete regeneration of the area around the existing ground?
I`ve been saying this all the time and i think this quite suits Fosun..

beppe7619

Reaction score
Looking back at attendances in the 80s teams was getting 20 to 25k. Now they have 50 plus capacity stadiums. Making wolves 40k stadium would be a big mistake. The stadium capacity is already outdated by 20 years

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
On the Express and Star podcast today they said that nothing will be done to Molineux until we get revenue from the side projects of eSports, Fashion and Music.
The idea that any of these are going to fund anything subatantial is pure fantasy in my (admittedly uninformed) opinion.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t give me much faith over their commitment to the recruitment side of things.
How much is wolves music going to make? Answer .... sweet fa.
I haven't heard of the new oasis or blur or zepp signing to a poxy local record company that'll make us billions .
Does anybody actually know anything about it?
Laughable.

beppe7619

Reaction score
On the Express and Star podcast today they said that nothing will be done to Molineux until we get revenue from the side projects of eSports, Fashion and Music.
I just mentioned in another thread revenue could be created by drinking in the ground instead of town on match days. If it meant wolves staying at molineux would the fans support the idea

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a plan, How's about Wolves condoms? Available in black and gold. Sells by the millions but would probably easily come off, making the defence full of holes and thus blunting the attacking flair from venturing into the hole behind the front two. LOL.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being 'custodians' of a football club like ours extends far further than paying for players. Or should do.

The ground should also be key - both SJH and Morgan spent money on improving it, however misguided the latter's attempt!

This lot are a waste of time and have been for years now. Bloody music and esports FFS.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just mentioned in another thread revenue could be created by drinking in the ground instead of town on match days. If it meant wolves staying at molineux would the fans support the idea
So businesses that thrive on a matchday should suffer for the club's lack of ambition and investment?!!!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being 'custodians' of a football club like ours extends far further than paying for players. Or should do.

The ground should also be key - both SJH and Morgan spent money on improving it, however misguided the latter's attempt!

This lot are a waste of time and have been for years now. Bloody music and esports FFS.
Fosun are a waste of time???? Oh my days!!! The most forward thinking, investing owners we've had and you criticise them cos we're not the next Newcastle... Poor you

T

TheConcourse

How much is wolves music going to make? Answer .... sweet fa.
I haven't heard of the new oasis or blur or zepp signing to a poxy local record company that'll make us billions .
Does anybody actually know anything about it?
Laughable.
Think the idea is that they build more diverse audiences to create more revenue from sponsorship deals via the football club as partners get access to more data and ad opportunities.

Said at the time that for the millions of social followers attributed to Wolves FC there’s a huge % that won’t support Wolves or that are happy to drop the allegiance when a player (like Jimenez) leaves.

Building lifestyle brands off the back of largely disengaged audiences isn’t a great strategy.

Besides, you don’t just create brands. It takes huge effort and investment. There have been so many examples of category leaders (Google, Facebook) launching products with the deepest of deep pockets and people flat-out rejecting them.

I want to assume that Wolves have done their homework, but to me they look like they entered saturated markets and tried to leverage the football side followers to drive organic interest in the other stuff. Looking at the numbers that doesn’t appear to have worked.

I mean we live in a digital world. Wolves Records FB page hasn’t posted for over two weeks. Not great, is it?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the idea is that they build more diverse audiences to create more revenue from sponsorship deals via the football club as partners get access to more data and ad opportunities.

Said at the time that for the millions of social followers attributed to Wolves FC there’s a huge % that won’t support Wolves or that are happy to drop the allegiance when a player (like Jimenez) leaves.

Building lifestyle brands off the back of largely disengaged audiences isn’t a great strategy.

Besides, you don’t just create brands. It takes huge effort and investment. There have been so many examples of category leaders (Google, Facebook) launching products with the deepest of deep pockets and people flat-out rejecting them.

I want to assume that Wolves have done their homework, but to me they look like they entered saturated markets and tried to leverage the football side followers to drive organic interest in the other stuff. Looking at the numbers that doesn’t appear to have worked.

I mean we live in a digital world. Wolves Records FB page hasn’t posted for over two weeks. Not great, is it?
Now that’s a very salient point

T

TheConcourse

You will be surprised how much Esports brings in tbh,its huge
Would love to see some numbers BCW. Any idea where I can find a report?

It’s owned by Pique isn’t it - or he’s a shareholder or something? Had a friend that worked on the Pro Evo account at an agency, he mentioned that Pique has spent a fortune on acquiring and running the eSports model in some format.

Back
Top Bottom