Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's that mean
Nothing pal, just creating a disscussion and investment ideas.

'This map includes concept layouts and buildings on opportunities sites to stimulate discussion on how to deliver the vision for the city, it does not represent a fixed proposal or plan.'

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that in the City Centre opportunities they suggest getting rid of Asda for development, sure I’ve heard that suggested somewhere before but can’t think where…

They also feel we no longer need a ring road and that a patch of grass with a pond would be beneficial, apparently.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Maybe my grandkids will see the completion of the Regeneration Plan. I’m in my 50’s, have no grand kids yet and have watched the Council spend five years failing to lay some paving slabs in front of the closed Civic making it a three mile trek from Dog N Doublet to the South Bank!!!

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that in the City Centre opportunities they suggest getting rid of Asda for development, sure I’ve heard that suggested somewhere before but can’t think where…

They also feel we no longer need a ring road and that a patch of grass with a pond would be beneficial, apparently.

It looks pretty obvious on that graphic that the road continues underneath the new public realm space through a tunnel. Not the first time this idea has been suggested however would mean the subway going.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks pretty obvious on that graphic that the road continues underneath the new public realm space through a tunnel. Not the first time this idea has been suggested however would mean the subway going.

If there were concrete plans for a major redevelopment of the Molineux Quarter along the lines conceptualised, then this would be a great change. It would address any remaining concerns about safe access for a 50k Molineux, and would visually reconnect Molineux with the city centre.

An observation however. If you look at the map, and the highlighted development areas, the land owned by Wolves is not highlighted. Neither Molineux itself, not the land along Waterloo Road or the former Tarmac office site. This suggests that Wolves may not be an active partner in these plans, unlike the Uni and the potential expansion of its campus on the Asda site highlighted.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, it was a tongue in cheek comment but perhaps didn’t come across that way.

I’d kind of assumed that was the intention, would likely cost a lot of money to bury the ring road just so they can have a glorified pond and some trees though wouldn’t it?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d kind of assumed that was the intention, would likely cost a lot of money to bury the ring road just so they can have a glorified pond and some trees though wouldn’t it?
It’s not an investment idea, it’s a crime scene recreation sketch by Norwich fans.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Access to and from Molineux whilst these works are carried out will be a nightmare though, mind you probably no worse than being channelled through a narrow tunnel as we are today.

Although the graphics appear to represent a redeveloped stadium, there's no mention whatsoever of those plans or how contingent they are to the rest of the Molineux quarter development. Which looks like it is going to mainly residential or uni accomodation.

I had a wander around Wembley a couple of weeks back and have to say I was quite impressed with the residential development around the stadium.

beppe7619

Reaction score
It's some thinking as to where redevelopment across the city could take place and the document linked above, basically is an invite to investors to help make it happen.
Why don’t Wolverhampton have a flyover bridge with exits off it the ring road is a mess

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Access to and from Molineux whilst these works are carried out will be a nightmare though, mind you probably no worse than being channelled through a narrow tunnel as we are today.

Although the graphics appear to represent a redeveloped stadium, there's no mention whatsoever of those plans or how contingent they are to the rest of the Molineux quarter development. Which looks like it is going to mainly residential or uni accomodation.

I had a wander around Wembley a couple of weeks back and have to say I was quite impressed with the residential development around the stadium.
The stadium shown in the graphics is the one Wolves showed a few years back isn’t it?

I guess they’ve just dropped that in as it’s another ‘proposed’ development.

beppe7619

Reaction score
There are other things to consider in the plans cars will they all be electric meaning more charging points metro stops outside molineux.

beppe7619

Reaction score

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
notice that the Uni is dropping over 100 courses and looking to get rid of staff.
Molineux is not listed as a heritage site
are we still heritage fans?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, it was a tongue in cheek comment but perhaps didn’t come across that way.

The road is already more or less at the right level, it’s really the cost of constructing a wide pedestrian flyover to reconnect both sides. I suspect this is the kind of project the council would see government funding for if combined with a broader Molineux Quarter development.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 27996
So, let me get this right the plan is to construct a giant sail where the car park is and plant a few trees. Is that it?

I know you’re being tongue in cheek, but the map shows Asda replaced by a large Uni development and the ring road buried to form a garden / plaza connecting the Archives and city centre side. Oh, and it’s assumed Molineux has been expanded to 50k as suggested a couple of years ago…

It’s a vision to invite developers not a concrete plan as yet.

W

WasStefan

Baffled. Why would Asda give up a money making site? one they have just reinvested in. Seems farfetched to me

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you’re being tongue in cheek, but the map shows Asda replaced by a large Uni development and the ring road buried to form a garden / plaza connecting the Archives and city centre side. Oh, and it’s assumed Molineux has been expanded to 50k as suggested a couple of years ago…

It’s a vision to invite developers not a concrete plan as yet.
Thanks. Not a concrete plan, but there is a fair amount of Concrete on view. Looks terrible.

Still, the sail will come in useful for all of the extra fans to gather under with a big screen to watch the game because only 50k can get in the ground.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
though not quite sure how they've levelled the land behind the south bank.....

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Creating a new public space over the ring road to join the city centre to Molineux is a fantastic idea. I know a bridge has been mentioned previously, but this is a proper bold vision. The renders/plans look great - what an incredible walkup to the ground that would be.
It gets my vote.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 27996
So, let me get this right the plan is to construct a giant sail where the car park is and plant a few trees. Is that it?
A song comes to mind
WTF?,
WTF?,
WTF-ing hell is that?,
WTF-ing hell is that?

Also why the **** do we need Bedouin tents round the back of the North Bank? Is it for Mystic Meg types to give out a correct score and first goalscorer betting tips?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whatever happens in the molineux quarter it will need to generate a day time and night time income.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 27996

It's a concept and concept only, but included would be a whole scale transformation of the area - as per a plan to dig down the ring road looking towards the South Bank into a tunnel and then open up the whole area on the approach to the ground.

Nige

Reaction score
Fosun are not interested in investing in the ground.. It suits them very nicely to have a season ticket waiting list so everyone renews... Why build extra seats get rid of the waiting list and then lose customers when it goes tits up....
Clever people..

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are not interested in investing in the ground.. It suits them very nicely to have a season ticket waiting list so everyone renews... Why build extra seats get rid of the waiting list and then lose customers when it goes tits up....
Clever people..
Congratulations for the most cynical post of the year

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
im surprised that with the removal of ASDA none of them have thought to build a new Molineux on that site and rotate slightly. /s

GornalWolf

Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots Fosun really are imagine them trying to make the surrounding area butter, the match day experience better and connect Molineux to the city centre easier. And it still mentions expanding Molineux. Yes before someone says we do need to improve the squad but they can do multiple things at once. How are we even moaning at this.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
im surprised that with the removal of ASDA none of them have thought to build a new Molineux on that site and rotate slightly. /s
Why do that when there is adequate room for expansion within the land that the club currently has leasehold of?

I think some people are not grasping that the Molineux quarter plan will not be a WWFC development alone, in fact it could all proceed without any action from Wolves at all and the stadium could well sit in the lovely new surroundings as it is today. One of the renders actually shows the stadium as it is today within the wider development.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do that when there is adequate room for expansion within the land that the club currently has leasehold of?

I think some people are not grasping that the Molineux quarter plan will not be a WWFC development alone, in fact it could all proceed without any action from Wolves at all and the stadium could well sit in the lovely new surroundings as it is today. One of the renders actually shows the stadium as it is today within the wider development.
Moving the stadium footprint would be a good thing as it would fit more comfortably between the roads and probably mean no need to close Waterloo rd, it would make the biggest of the Molineux redevelopments easier. Would also mean a new stadium could be three quarters built while current one was still used.

Though ,like the vast majority, I too agree that we don’t need a 50-60k stadium and the current footprint is perfectly workable.
It’s just that if there was a complete redevelopment of the surrounding area then it would be the time to thoroughly consider that option; as the option may never be there again once current space is built on.

W

WasStefan

Some nice ideas. What we need short term is to accelerate the City centre away from retail and towards hospitality, leisure events, more uni and actual housing. It's astonishing how few people actually live within the ring road. Secondly completely redesign the ring road. Move away from most of it if we can. The ring road goes through half of what i think is the actual City, so do away with what we can. Then replace it with a Metro loop extension around the City stopping at current sites (Art gallery, Civic halls, Molineux and others) and future sites (West side). Then lastly a feeder tram route into the town centre from Wednesfield and Willenhall. These are areas that historically are closely tied to Wolverhampton. Give people access to the town centre and footfall will go up.

I hold hope for Wolves in the next 20 years, i just hope the council are able enough to take advantage of Government funding that seems to be coming our way (see government housing department office in Wolves at i10 as a prime example)

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they get rid of Asda where are our future transfer rumours gonna come from? They havent really thought this through!

Back
Top Bottom