Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict- Chelsea v Wolves

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We deserved that. Plenty of chances created, and generally an enjoyable watch for a change!

Great team spirit to come back after being 2 down. Just wish we’d stop giving away penalties!!!

Yow cor beat a last minute equaliser!!!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did exactly what we know they can do, we’re so well suited to playing against sides that are better than us and we showed that again today.

Trincao with another glimmer of what we could have, do we trust him to do it regularly enough though?

Chiquinho is just so positive and gives 100% which is such an underrated quality in a player.

Coady ghosting in for the winner, now our joint 3rd top scorer. Perhaps the 3 at the back conundrum can just be solved by telling him to play CB when needed and CF when not!

MontyR

Reaction score
Said it during the week and this reinforced it. I honestly think we should do an Arsenal-like rebuild and focus on our younger players. Fabio, Neto, MGW, and Podence/Chiquinho would do bits next year, and that final 20 minutes was a glimpse of what we could do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like a load of ****e for most of the second half. Then low and behold sack off the boring and turgid 5 at the back and we look an exciting team and get two goals! Well I never! Chiquinho take a bow. One of the best subs performances I have seen in a long time and Trincao looked good with the shackles off.

I will say it and say it again the team look bored to tears and stale with the 5 at the back. Take the shackles off. Go 4 at the back and we look a far better and more attacking and fluid team.

If Chiquino doesnt start on Wednesday I'll personally run Lage out of town!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Over the moon with a draw but we were our own worst enemies gifting both goals to Chelsea. Saiss needs replacing now and Toti must be the future surely? The positive for me was the fight back spirit which came about from subs made. That fighting spirit has been missing and when you have a squad like ours which isn’t brimming with superstars the importance of team spirit cannot be under estimated. Much happier tonight.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho's introduction got us that result, which looked borderline impossible, let alone unlikely after 70 minutes. It's almost like if you field talented players who are motivated to play...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great finish for the last 20 or so.
The lads played with fight and determination to earn a draw. They played football despite the coach’s coaching. The players played for themselves, for their own sense of pride and not for anybody else.

Chelsea feel that they lost…….next season I want every club to feel lucky if the draw with Wolves.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s embarrassing that Bruno has left Chiquinho sat on the bench, when we’ve lost games. Truly embarrassing.
Agreed. Before today's brilliant cross for the equaliser, the lad had already shown the ability to deliver such crosses.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixed emotions.

Firstly, the positives. Real fight shown from the team, puts the talk in the week to bed. We looked solid tactically and our own selves in many ways.

Neto was excellent, we broke well and looked reasonably solid.

Chiquinho was immense, but that brings you on to the negatives. Where has he been? He is EXACTLY what we need. Pace, power, direct. He's like Traore. It transforms the team and means so much.

Not his fault obviously, but Lage's.

Then you have to ask why we can play like that, in terms of the combination play, tactically (as mentioned) and the discipline more often. We've let Europe slip out of our hands and it's gutting.

Overall though, fair play. Even if we lost 2-0 or 2-1 it was an actual enjoyable game, which was the first in a while.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt pretty down half an hour or so ago, but ended up with lots to be positive about. Fantastic stuff from Chiquinho. What an exciting talent. Fair play to Wolves picking him up for next to nowt. Buzzing really. Meeting a mate later who is a chelsea season ticket holder lol.

Give Lage the backing he needs and let him take the reigns off next season

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chaos!! Both horrifying and beautiful at times. But a deserved draw.

The first half could have been a performance at any time in the last three years.

Stupid defending by Saiss for the penalty. A terrible pass by Coady for Chelsea's second. I just assumed we would lose from then.

Then enter the subs, more players got forward and we looked threatening. Still looked shaky a the back, but it was a risk-reward scenario from there.

Great fight from the lads.

Chiquinho man of the match for a 20-minute appearance. He gave us something we have missed for a while. An actual threat.

Safe travels to the fans who went.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely dumbfounded Lage has hardly used Chiquinho in recent weeks after that today. Really odd.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty poor 75 minutes but a nice last 15 with some spirit shown. Chelsea certainly fragile when got at, just a shame we didn't really try to do that for 75 minutes.

Reactions: Ian

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think I'm starting to see the sense in signing 2 new CBs. There are some decent forwards at the club if we can play a style and formation that gets them in better areas

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great finish for the last 20 or so.
The lads played with fight and determination to earn a draw. They played football despite the coach’s coaching. The players played for themselves, for their own sense of pride and not for anybody else.
How do you work that out? Have you some ITK info? Looked to me more like changes were made with subs and formation. By the coach.
The football we played for the first 70 minutes was remarkably similar to exactly how we always play. Against Chelsea every single match since promotion, too! But that was mostly under a different coach. Remember the one where we didn't leave our half until 50 minutes? Breakaway Raul goal than back to our own half for the rest. Or the turgid 0-0? Have they been revised out of history?

I doubt the players have a hive mind, all thinking as one. A fair few of them prefer to play the way we played in the first 70 minutes. 2 coaches have tried but struggled to move away from it.
Chelsea feel that they lost…….next season I want every club to feel lucky if the draw with Wolves.
Already, no club sees us as a pushover. It's just expectations among fans have generally risen so finishing 8th - which will invariably contain some good and some bad - is now not good enough. The exception being Huddersfield. If they get promoted, they will , of course be expecting 6 points as usual off us. :D

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not the same raul but he looked livelier and a little more involved. Maybe that smaller headband?

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
excellent draw from 2 down,when we put our mind to it and play to our strengths we can be effective.even in the remaining games if we apply ourselves i fear no one but must cut out the stupid errors

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Strange game. Rode our luck defensively first half but always looked a threat on the counter. Best that Neto has looked since returning.

Two shambolic bits of defending from Saiss and Coady gifted them a 2-0 lead and we looked rattled for 20 minutes. The substitutions of Trincao, who I still maintain will go on to be a really good player, and Chiquinho, who gave us that chaos factor that we’ve lacked since Adama left (with the added bonus of crossing ability) completely changed the game.

Beautiful strike from Trincao who has so much technical quality and a brilliant cross from Chiquinho for Coady to atone for his earlier error.

Really think we need to try a 4 against Norwich as a potential pre-cursor for next season and get an extra attacking player on the pitch.

Sa 7
Boly 6
Coady 6 (extra mark for the goal)
Saiss 4
Jonny 6
Neves 6
Dendoncker 6 (extra mark for the last 15 mins)
RAN 5
Raul 6
Neto 7

Hwang 6
Trincao 7
Chiquinho 7

The game probably showed where we need to strengthen next season (and to be fair, it’s the same areas as it has been for a while). A quick, aerially strong central defender so we can play a 4. An upgrade on Dendoncker and a long-term replacement for Moutinho.

Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Carmo, Jonny
Palhinha
Vitinha, Neves/Nunes
Guedes/Pedrinho, Raul, Neto

Sarkic, RAN, Coady, Mosquera, Moutinho/M Neto, Chiquinho, Trincao/Podence, MGW, Fabio

Well done today though boys. Performance was much improved bar that 20-minute spell of our own making.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Deserved that. Great show of spirit after last week. Had a mad few minutes around the penalty but otherwise thought we were well in the game. Subs made a huge difference, fair play Bruno.

Back
Top Bottom