Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno- stay or out?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d replace him only if we have someone really good to replace him. Otherwise keep him for one more year as he will get us 14th. or slightly better next year.
That gives Jeff some time to search but we have to be prepared to pay them properly.

BTW……..I mean REALLY good.
Jeffs only interested in staying in the league. Bruno’s doing great.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Five serious errors when gibbs white is sold.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm edging towards him staying, but I want him to be brave and make demands of the club in the summer. I want him to succeed or fail on his terms. I feel that there are players in the squad that just don't fit the way he wants to play. He has to have the balls to change it.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsure.

I actually think some of these players already know they wow be here next season,and car be bothered anymore.Yes I know some of Bruno's selections and formations are baffling,but id I'd like to see what he can do with the
PLayers HE wants.And NOT what Shi and his puppet wants.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm in favour of keeping him. Right now I am absolutely blaming Shi and Sellars for poss poor recruitment - today we played the same defence we must have played in a Championship game at one point. While Lage has undoubtedly made mistakes, he has had no backing from Shi at all.
The decision to give Adama away in January was mind-numbingly stupid. What did that says to players fighting for a European spot? "**** it, lads, we'll weaken the team instead."
We really, really need a serious recruitment department - we cannot hold a candle to Brighton (that left back for £15m) or Brentford in that regard.
Always, always, poor management of a club eventually shows up on the pitch, and we've now had four or five crap windows in a row.
But hey ho - we could probably tempt Rooney away from Derby...

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeffs only interested in staying in the league. Bruno’s doing great.
Hardly great, today was a disgrace under any circumstrances. But agree with the broader point that the main finger of blame should be pointed elsewhere.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rightfully so, ****ing idiotic.
Well even Saunders teams managed a shot in target before the 82nd minute. The *******s "black is really white" post-match pressers feel familiar too....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly great, today was a disgrace under any circumstrances. But agree with the broader point that the main finger of blame should be pointed elsewhere.
8th with a ****e squad that’s had no investment in years.
You know where the problems lie same as I do.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
I've just in favour of keeping him. In the hope he has the bottle and backing to have the required clear out. We look totally leaderless on and off the pitch. If the tempo was any slower it would be walking football.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Where do you start in all honesty? I genuinely think we could debate this for hours and still be none the wiser. Wolves are the ultimate conundrum when it comes to analysis.

The Jekyll and Hyde performances are one of the things I find the most difficult to understand. This however, is not completely new, it existed, albeit to a lesser degree, under Nuno. One game, we genuinely look 2 or 3 top players short of a real top 6 contender and the next, it looks like without our best 2 or 3, we are bottom 3 contenders.

Probably not that black and white but that’s how it appears at a glance. It’s only my view but I think because we have overachieved in the main this season, that fan’s expectations were falsely raised. Then when reality balances things out, we’re all left wondering what happened.

There could be more going on behind the scenes than we know but we can only base it on what we do know. That leads me to thinking, yes we have been awful lately but at the same time we haven’t been consistent all season. Based on what Bruno had to start with, injuries and not having a single top proven player come in, has he done better than expected or worse?

I would have to say better but of course he’s not perfect by any means. His in game management is bewildering and he seems to have more patience with some than others, etc. This is just a guess but could there be too much of a “Portuguese” influence at the club for others liking?

It is a bit of a, be careful what you wish for scenario. After all, it is his first season and all things considered, we would have been elated if someone had offered us this last August.

Can’t help thinking back to Arsenal fans last season and the beginning of this one, continually moaning about Arteta, week in week out, “he needs to go”. Haven’t heard them moaning lately. Things take time and usually investment. Whether that’s the intent at Wolves remains to be seen.
Decent and well balanced post in the chaos. The Arsenal fans is a good analogy.
Something has changed since the Leeds game. None of us will really know what is going on though.

The question we need to ask is we have almost the same players as we had when Nuno was deemed to be surplus to requirements. Can 2 different managers have exactly the same problems with the results and performances?

As fans we have to be careful we don't start to look entitled. We are Wolves not Man Utd..

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
8th with a ****e squad that’s had no investment in years.
You know where the problems lie same as I do.
Yip. The elephant-in-the-room is the Project?! Others will strengthen (and yes, some will spunk & waste ££millions like Villa & Everton) but unless the team is refreshed it's going to be a long season next year. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if these rumours are true of unrest between Bruno and players. That's where Jeff has to truly stand up and be counted.

Due to poor health my visits to the Mol are as rare as rocking horse poo these days, but I genuinely feel for those who are paying good money to witness this feeble end to a season which promised so much only a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Until Fosun sell to someone prepared to invest in the club it won’t matter who the manager is.

Fosun out.
Should we not just dissolve the club completely?

It's going to be interesting looking back on this thread....

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should we not just dissolve the club completely?

It's going to be interesting looking back on this thread....

joepnn6gcm741.jpg

It is getting a bit silly on here. We'll probably go and beat Chelsea next week.

Reaction score
Unsure.

I actually think some of these players already know they wow be here next season,and car be bothered anymore.Yes I know some of Bruno's selections and formations are baffling,but id I'd like to see what he can do with the
PLayers HE wants.And NOT what Shi and his puppet wants.
Not going to happen.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the sole problem is the manager by any stretch.

However, this season has not been enjoyable to watch at all. I think we are an average side who hugely over-achieved and are now levelling out somewhat. The effort was not there today which is hugely concerning.

I don’t think the formation suits Raul at all. He’s no longer the same player because we play I a totally different way. We are trying to play a possession game but don’t ever dominate a game. But the most disappointing thing for me is that I don’t think we have an identity right now. It could be poor under Nuno, but you always watched games in the hope that we would hit teams on the counter and win a match from nowhere. I fancied our chances against the top teams and we often beat them. I no longer fancy us at all.

It feels depressing and I feel sorry for Lage as he hasn’t been backed at all. But if 7 defeats in 10 becomes 10 defeats in 13, with a better squad than Nuno had last season, I’m fearful for him.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His decisions are baffling at the moment, I have to say. However, it's a fine balance imo. Much of this squad needs gutting, and I'd rather Bruno have that task than a new manager come in and the entire process starts again with these players being given yet more chances to prove they aren't good enough. The bigger problem is the rebuild in the summer, and whether Fosun will fund it. That is still a bigger issue than the manager imo. Overall I'd be giving him the benefit of the doubt and the summer... today was extremely worrying however.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know he hasn't had the players he wanted to take the squad forward, but surely we have enough in our squad to beat the likes of Burnley and Brighton at home - or at least give it a good go, which we didn't.

I worry that what's happening at Wolves is similar to why he left Benfica, and it's more than just the players at his disposal - more a flaw in his management/coaching.

However, going on reported premier league manager salaries, he's cheap, so perhaps Fosun/Jeff will be willing to give him another transfer window and season, with the hope we at least get mid-table again...

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appreciate your comments mate. My gut feeling is Lage is out of his depth and has been worked out. I think he will gone before Christmas if he is still here next season if not before.

You could be right, but it wouldn't sit right with me if he was just booted out after most would've snapped their hand off for a top half finish last preseason.. I know I would have. He's made lots of mistakes lately granted, his in game management particularly.. I'd still be giving him the summer, hope Fosun back him and see what happens personally.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we start next season badly, I think you'll be right.
I don't really know what I think of him tbh. I think he's done well, but not in the way I expected him to. Now that the defence has stopped being so stingy though, we look like a nothing team.

I think that's more to do with the squad make up than the coach though. I'm not saying Bruno is blameless, he isn't. Equally, I'd like to see him given a chance to build in the summer.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we could get someone like Paulo Fonseca in I'd be tempted to move Bruno on actually. But either way, a summer overhaul of the playing squad is the most important thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Clearly lost the players. No idea what he’s doing differently to Nuno tbh.

Actually, I’d have the latter back in a heartbeat.
So he isn't doing anything differently to Nuno but you'd have him back. Remember the reports that the players felt it was right time for a change from Nuno as well.

Time to start seeing who the common denominators are.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Until Fosun sell to someone prepared to invest in the club it won’t matter who the manager is.

Fosun out.
Can you give me name of someone? And by invest you mean spend loads of money they will never see, correct?

Back
Top Bottom