Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brighton comms thread.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don't really mind if Lage goes but some of these players (including some of your faves) are getting away with murder. Not about bottle, not really about effort about a total lack of attacking quality.

As another poster said we have never, ever had a coherent way to break down teams when in possession. Just sideways slow, occasionally Adama would win us a game post lockdown creating a chance and prior to that it was counter attacking goals mainly.

Counter attacking goals are down across the league as teams have got better at stopping them + we lost Jota who was key foil for Raul.

We need a clear out of a squad that isn't fit for playing front foot, ball dominant football. Nuno recognised the need to do it to go to the next level, but couldn't coach it (same at Spurs). Lage probably isn't the man, but this squad certainly isn't either

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where was this "charisma" when he was sat sulking on the bench when Big Sam was dicking us?

Nuno had zero charisma post Wembley, it's a bit myth.
Nuno inspired his players, that was a fact.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul falls over, gets a free kick...which we waste.... but more crap refereeing...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Do you think Lage should stay another season, Tring?

I think he’s done enough to be given a shot next year with some proper backing. Our January window was awful and killed all the momentum we had built.

If there was someone who was an obvious upgrade available though…

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s possible that it had been pre arranged to play Fabio for 45 and Raul for 45
If Fabio knew he was coming off when he waited to hit that ball late 1st half, I’d be surprised. He probably came off because he didn’t hit it when he should have.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We've got zero defenders that can actually defend one on one, so we need to tie ourselves to 5atb.

None of our midfielders progress with the ball, and none can handle the press.

Honestly, which of our players (bar Neves) could you see being poached by teams of a similar (or better) standard than us?
The players are good enough for mid-table, average a few good and a few bad. Pretty simple.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still cant believe where he was playing Dendoncker in the first half. That should be setting off major alarm bells. Utterly useless tactics.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont get how the confidence has drained from this side. The players dont look like they know what the game plan is.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve still got Norwich at home, so the shots on target might not be finished for the season yet.

Fear not.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Did look inspired for the previous three. Don't rewrite history.
Was nothing about inspiration, was a defensive team who countered well because that was their limit. We've tried to change our style with same players and it doesn't work. Footballers need to play in systems, most of ours fit one.

It isn't lack of effort, they just lack the technical ability to play with patterns. Did we lack inspiration against Huddersfield in our first year? Or did the lack the quality to break down a team who just sat in against us?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s done enough to be given a shot next year with some proper backing. Our January window was awful and killed all the momentum we had built.

If there was someone who was an obvious upgrade available though…

He collapsed in his other management job. Has he got it to be a long term manager and not just good for the start. If we lose the rest of the games I don't think you can keep him.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really mind if Lage goes but some of these players (including some of your faves) are getting away with murder. Not about bottle, not really about effort about a total lack of attacking quality.

As another poster said we have never, ever had a coherent way to break down teams when in possession. Just sideways slow, occasionally Adama would win us a game post lockdown creating a chance and prior to that it was counter attacking goals mainly.

Counter attacking goals are down across the league as teams have got better at stopping them + we lost Jota who was key foil for Raul.

We need a clear out of a squad that isn't fit for playing front foot, ball dominant football. Nuno recognised the need to do it to go to the next level, but couldn't coach it (same at Spurs). Lage probably isn't the man, but this squad certainly isn't either

Agree with that. I just don't know whether Lage is or isn't the man to do it. This squad is so entrenched in this way of playing.

Oh - and set pieces. They've been abysmal for at least 2 seasons. I don't get how you can watch any non-league team even, and they will have a player who can deliver a corner to somewhere around the goal-area to penalty spot. But we don't. How can that be?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was nothing about inspiration, was a defensive team who countered well because that was their limit. We've tried to change our style with same players and it doesn't work. Footballers need to play in systems, most of ours fit one.

It isn't lack of effort, they just lack the technical ability to play with patterns. Did we lack inspiration against Huddersfield in our first year? Or did the lack the quality to break down a team who just sat in against us?
Lack of quality that wasn't addressed but some of the performances this year have absolutely stunk and in recent weeks it has an air of the players are just fed up, look at the body language of some, they're not enjoying life here.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is unacceptable. If this club are serious about improving, it needs to start by bringing in a quality manager instead of a cheap one.
I don’t think they are. That’s the problem.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanderers score, Wanderers score, if they score 1 we'll score more. !!!

Jeru360

Reaction score
Lage has two years left on his contract. Will Jeff really want to buy him out?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh well…….maybe we’ll pick up some points against City, Liverpool or Chelsea.
And if we’re really, really lucky, we’ll get a draw with Norwich.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Season ended when Raul got sent off against Leeds. We've been hopeless every minute since

Back
Top Bottom