Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle verdict

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible MIDFIELD PERFORMANCE tonight. The front three need service, they did not get it at all.
It’s not the fault of the front three, we need a midfield that can break up play, control the ball, and pass it forwards for the front three to work with. We do not have that and it is far worse when Neves is out of the side.
The front 3 make the midfield tick as much as the other way round. At no point tonight did the front 3 offer anything to the midfield though

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never ever learn do we?

For 4 ****ing years it's been the same **** against the likes of them and Burnley. We go there, as negative as possible, let them get the crowd on side and go a goal up, then suddenly realise we have better players by which time it's far too late.

I'm absolutely sick to death of it. That was a disgrace tonight, nothing short. Clueless, predictable, but worst of all cowardly. The lack of bravery from anyone willing to get the ball and say look I'm gonna try and make something happen. Whatever you want to throw at Traore, he never ever lacked that. Trincao and Hwang - Wow. I'd happily never see them in a Wolves shirt again. Utterly useless.

And we never even make it difficult for these sort of dross. Newcastle weren't good tonight. They never had to be. They couldn't possibly have wished for an easier game. And after avoiding the most inevitable thing in the world by a gnat's ******* in the first half, what do we do? Stick with the same game plan and wait for that gangling ******* to get his customary goal.

I'm so so fed of performances like this against such opposition. It's exactly what prevented us from CL football in 2019/20. Failing to beat crap like that and barely mustering an attack in the process. And here we are still, falling at the same pathetic hurdle.
I've watched that performance so often since we've came up that I've become desensitised to it. Whatever aims we have always seem to be hamstrung by our lack of *******s against the Newcastles, Burnleys and Brightons. It costs us so many crucial points.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Crazy from sa? To close the angle?

He doesn’t initiate contact. Woods forgets how to use his legs and goes into sa. It’s an outrageous decision
What I find outrageous is the frequency in which you use the term outrageous. It’s an outrage. Rage it in a bit please mate.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've watched that performance so often since we've came up that I've become desensitised to it. Whatever aims we have always seem to be hamstrung by our lack of *******s against the Newcastles, Burnleys and Brightons. It costs us so many crucial points.

It's Groundhog Day every time isn't it.

I can think of one exception - Burnley at home in 2018 when we had something like 30 shots and completely dominated them albeit only winning 1-0.

These teams are crap. Why we approach them with such trepidation is beyond me.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Too many individually poor performances but it was the tactics that killed us, especially first half, back to the turgid, slow, negative s##t. Dunno what to make of Bruno, you seem to get a couple of good pro-active performances then a terrible, passive one like tonight.
Felt sorry for Silva, hardly ever a forward or midfielder within 30 yards of him for most of the game, asked to chase lost causes or battle for it in the air against 6'6" Dan Burn.
Cundle did what his type of player do, neat and tidy but needs someone to help drive the team forward.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a PL club, we’re too hot and cold. Every time I think we’re making progress, especially after injuries, we play terribly.
Why?……..I bet Jeff would like to know.

R

reanswolf

“Parasite football” we played according to Talk Sport.

Not sure that is what it is, it was just ****e football. 3rd division standard.

I’m not upset about losing against a poor side, I’m just angry that we were so lightweight and poor. Who in the world thinks that twee Fabio, twee Trincao, and useless Hwang are going to cause any threat?

I exempt our poor defenders from criticism because they didn’t do much wrong, nor Mouts who was in effect by himself in midfield, but we were dire, absolutely desperately poor. I was embarrassed watching us.

Do we have a goalkeeping coach to train Jose Sa on penalties BTW? Clearly not. I would score 10 out of 10 against him.

I suppose a Wolves side without Neves Jimenez Podence Neto is gonna be ****e and our lack of strength in depth made it desperately predictable.

Shouldn’t moan based on where we are , but let’s face it, season is over. It can’t come soon enough if that is the desperAtely low quality we serve up for the watching football world.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be better with Podence Dendoncker and Jimenez back . And perhaps Neto to start soon

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 for rest of the year **** it build for next year

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wood has the right to run in a straight line and isn't under any obligation to jump over a lazily thrown out leg
That is okay so long as it is applied in every area of the pitch.

T

TheConcourse

I think we all expected much better from Bruno……especially at half time.
What’s Bruno supposed to do? Maybe tweak Neto for Hwang. Perhaps drop Saiss in CM.

The players.

The players need to do it.

The players need to take responsibility.

Players like Cundle. **** me. What a chance for the kid. Did he make a forward pass in the first half?

Coady: enough. How long do we need to run this for? This team should have been built around one man over the last 5 years. It isn’t him.

It should be over for a few of them this summer. I’m sick of seeing them bottle the big moments.

Sick of seeing us start slowly. Sick of seeing Coady wave his arms around after kick off to get the lads going.

The lads should be ****ing going.

It’s as frustrating as it gets, but Bruno is working with his hands tied behind his back with a bunch of bang average PL players (or below).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I‘d love to know is what does Bruno’s staff think of his coaching and how he managed the game tonight.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That is okay so long as it is applied in every area of the pitch.
It would be yeah, since when have you see a midfielder throw their leg out and miss the ball clip the opposition who goes down and it not be called a foul.

Some of our players could hit the opposition with a hatchet and people here would complain it was given

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wood has the right to run in a straight line and isn't under any obligation to jump over a lazily thrown out leg
He didn’t have to jump, his natural stride would have carried him past Sa but he altered his stride because he knew he could make it look like a foul

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least Bruno appears a quick learner , we won’t see that three line up again. I hope
You say Bruno is a quick learner yet he has played Trincao time and time again when for the most part he has been abject. I posted months ago that it worries me that Bruno thought he was worth game time. If he thinks that on all those showings then for me he isn’t a very good coach. We can all see how **** he has been so for Bruno to overlook it just astounds me. I wouldn’t bank on him not making the same mistake.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Really? If you're happy with it then fine, you should be happy how we'll bounce around between 8th - 11th. As I've said which you're choosing to ignore for your agenda is how silva is a lovely footballer and more suited to a deeper role, that's all! He's not a 'striker'
153CE712-24F0-4F58-AD7B-55D6FDFB3883.jpeg

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Groundhog Day.Sit in and hope for the best .Contribute **** all and then when the opposition score we have no plan B when plan A was less than useless

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Yes, it was a poor performance against a poor team, but the overreaction here is as bad!
Oh come on now Polish, this isn’t your first time here after a poor loss. Did you expect to see anything other than disproportionate overreaction?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good work. It made me laugh mate

Just like the Strikers display tonight! Silva gets away with when the others pull him out of a hole scoring goals, when they don't and he can't it's a long old night ahead.

But seriously, good work on the pic, give yourself a high five

Back
Top Bottom