Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

That one's for my Dad

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
@Mutchy,
Any good news of your Dad today, Mutchy? Hope he’s doing well and can come home soon.
I'm due to speak to his doctor sometime today, but at the moment it looks as though it will be a while before Dad is able to come home.
Thank you to everyone for all the kind thoughts. Apologies if I've missed anyone with my 'likes'.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Can’t get an answer! Either the patchy signal within the hospital is stopping things, or Dad isn’t able to answer the phone quick enough before it automatically disconnects. He’s struggling with the use of just one poor hand at the moment.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
How's Yr dad Sue , the last 2 games won't have pleased him x
It’s been a really tough week for him, and as things stand he is still very disabled. But he has had some pain and tingling in his affected side, and today perhaps the first hint of a tiny bit of feeling coming back. Something hopeful to cling on to at least.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Dad still seems a long way from being able to return home, but he has a radio now so he can follow the game tonight. We also have a get well letter for him from Conor Coady, and hopefully that will give him a boost tomorrow… on top of three points tonight please!!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you. It’s been a very bumpy road for him so far, with a step backwards again for each bit of progress we’ve been able to celebrate.
Everything crossed for you Mutchy.

My dad (he’s 77) had a rough time before Xmas, had a stroke Then exceptionally low blood pressure and his heart stopped. Ended up with a pacemaker fitted. However as I type this I’m looking into his garden (he lives next door to me) and he’s digging his garden so there’s always a beacon of light.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything crossed for you Mutchy.

My dad (he’s 77) had a rough time before Xmas, had a stroke Then exceptionally low blood pressure and his heart stopped. Ended up with a pacemaker fitted. However as I type this I’m looking into his garden (he lives next door to me) and he’s digging his garden so there’s always a beacon of light.
Good news, SBK.

If your dad can dig his garden, I'm betting he's still fitter than a few players you & I could name, even at their peak . . . .

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dad still seems a long way from being able to return home, but he has a radio now so he can follow the game tonight. We also have a get well letter for him from Conor Coady, and hopefully that will give him a boost tomorrow… on top of three points tonight please!!
That's lovely news.

Good on Conor, too - a real fillip for your dad, I'm sure. What a captain we have.

just hoping Conor doesn't write in Scouse, coz some of his spoken Scouse isn't that easy to follow!

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have just now noticed this thread. I wish the very best for your dad, Mutchy, and for you too. It can take a while, but the brain is very adaptable and is working now to reroute pathways as best it can. Hoping to hear of further improvement from you.
Best,
Dave

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Dad managed to listen to the match last night and was full of it this morning! Had obviously enjoyed it very much.
There was supposed to be a face to face meeting with physios and occupational therapists this lunchtime, during which Mum could have seen Dad for the first time in nearly three weeks, but its been found that a patient on the ward has covid, so everything has rapidly been shut down again.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
Rapid progress has been made over the past week or so, and Dad should be home this week, probably Thursday.
Hes told the therapy staff that he wants to be home and in his armchair in time for the match on Friday!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
Rapid progress has been made over the past week or so, and Dad should be home this week, probably Thursday.
Hes told the therapy staff that he wants to be home and in his armchair in time for the match on Friday!
I am very happy for your news and delighted your dad will be watching at home on Friday.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of an update.

That is excellent news. Wishing your Dad well, and I hope Wolves aid his recovery on Friday evening.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
Brilliant news Mutchy!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
Great news - so pleased for you and him UTW

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
Fantastic news, so pleased for you both.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
A bit of an update.
good news hope it’s a stress free win for him to enjoy

Back
Top Bottom