Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading that Sheff U forum shows how far we've come

We have a player, who a top Championship are desperate to buy but know in reality they don't have a chance.

Our fans are split on whether her has a future here and clearly we have some great players ahead of him right now.

One thing I will say, I'd love to see him as a third midfielder. Running into channels to link up play. This is Dendonker's role currently but he's already limited technical ability seems to be getting worse. Put Morgan in there, coach him correctly, we'd create loads more

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gibbs-White could have a similar impact next season to Kilman this season assuming he wants to return (not a given). Sounds like Bruno likes him too. I was surprised when he left on loan but, in hindsight, it was the right call both for him and for Wolves to get regular starts. He looks far more confident now and is consistently impacting games rather than having the odd good cameo here and there. A growing number of Sheff United fans are talking about him as their best ever player so he deserves a lot of kudos for how he's taken a risk with the loan and really kicked on this year.

Given his progress, I hope he comes back in the summer, gets a fresh start here with some section of the fans, and Lage makes him a more important part of the team. If, instead, he pushes to leave, at least we get some serious £s for him now. The consensus on the Sheff United forum is that the bidding starts at 25m which they'd see as a bit of steal compared to the £20m they shelled out for the likes of Brewster, Berge and McBurnie.

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m bored and was curious as to how Morgans season compares to recent players in a similar position who have come back from a Championship loan to do well in the Prem.

Mason Mount: Played 38, scored 9, assisted 4
Harvey Barnes: Played 26, scored 9, assisted 6
Morgan GW: Played 28, scored 9, assisted 7

Having a really bloody good season, glad to see him in the U21’s and can’t wait to see him back in old gold next season.

Edit: Updated to include todays game and goal

Last edited:

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta have him back AND play him next season!!
This loan could prove to be the making of him!
REALLY hope so, then I'll apologise for all my slagging off of him in the past !!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have two fantastic (albeit relative one dimensional) midfielders.

Past that, what do we have in midfield? It is a midfield of Championship standard and that is probably being kind.

He has to come back in the summer.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how do we set-up with MGW in the side?

Assume 3 at back.
Raul
Podence MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

MGW and Podence as 2 No. 10s with RAN/Jonny and Semedo giving us width?

Neto Raul MGW
RAN/ Jonny CM CM Semedo

MGW as a RW but expected to play narrow?

Hwang Raul
MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

MGW as a no 10 with Hwang (or Neto or Silva) alongside Raul?

Podence Raul Neto
RAN/Jonny CM MGW Semedo

MGW as a CM?

Or move to 4 at back?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So happy that he's really started to kick on now. Only 22

People forget how young he is, he's been around the first team for years. He really needed a full season of being a starter which he has got at Sheffield, when he comes back I think he will be great for us.
Right decision to leave him there for this season and we will reap the rewards in the years to come.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Def has a part to play next season. Hopefully finishes the season strongly with no injuries

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He`s doin really well at Chump level.. But lets just remember, he could`ve come back to us in January, but decided to stay at his loan club after Lage told him he`d have to fight for a first team place. I think we should let him go..just my opinion!
Yes, but don't we want players who want to play? He came back before and didn't really feature. My worry is he just thinks his face doesn't fit at Wolves and he'll push for a move in the summer. We'll get a decent fee which will pay Moutinho to give us another year and a bit towards Neves' replacement.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He`s doin really well at Chump level.. But lets just remember, he could`ve come back to us in January, but decided to stay at his loan club after Lage told him he`d have to fight for a first team place. I think we should let him go..just my opinion!
In pre season he stood out and looked physically stronger and faster. It is bizarre with our midfield shortage that we loaned him out.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What a daft comment from somebody who's obviously already made their mind up.

He simply wants to play every week. Got asked to come back on loan under Nuno and came back and sat on the bench most weeks, which is what he'd do this season as well. Knows what's best for him.

He'll come back flying.

He was superb last night, could've had a hattrick but his overall play was great. Him and Ramsey make a very exciting midfield at U21 level.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the lad was intelligent enough to realise he needed to take 1 step back to take 2 forward.
Worked out perfectly for him.
I think we should keep him...

Lycaon

Reaction score
Might be slightly controversial, but just can’t see MGW securing a regular starting line-up place at the Wolves next season.

He’s much better off making a name for himself at Sheffield United which he seems to be doing atm?

If they offered 15mil for him then Wolves would be daft not to consider it imo!

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Assume 3 at back.
Raul
Podence MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

Neto Raul MGW
RAN/ Jonny CM CM Semedo

Hwang Raul
MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

Podence Raul Neto
RAN/Jonny CM MGW Semedo

MGW as a CM?

Or move to 4 at back?
Good post…these are the questions that should be discussed rather than ‘has he found his level’..dipsticks. I guess the only additional question which might arise is if we sign another midfielder in the summer who might impact on what we consider to be MGW’s strengths…

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan's chances really depend on how Bruno wants to set up the team. Can he come in and play centre midfield to replace Moutinho or is he not that type of player? Perhaps not, but he can play that narrow winger/midfielder that Trinco plays.

T

TheConcourse

Assume 3 at back.
Raul
Podence MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

Neto Raul MGW
RAN/ Jonny CM CM Semedo

Hwang Raul
MGW
RAN/Jonny CM CM Semedo

Podence Raul Neto
RAN/Jonny CM MGW Semedo

MGW as a CM?

Or move to 4 at back?
Really like the idea of a back four and two #10’s.

Sa
Semedo CB CB Jonny
Neves CM
MGW Podence Neto
Silva

Or 1 attacking player that can drop deep.

Sa
Semedo CB CB RAN
Winger Neves CM Neto
Podence Silva

The big question, as always, is whether we can sacrifice one at the back to give us another attacking threat. If we can’t I don’t see the value of bringing MGW back here to play as an inverted winger. He’s clearly enjoying life in a free and more central role.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Traore-Trincao conundrum is a factor directly affecting MGW's future here.

As it stands, next season we're likely to have, as attacking wide players, Hwang, Podence, Neto and Chiquinho. That's without Adama coming back/us buying Trincao. Perhaps Chiquinho goes on loan if we have Adama or Trincao - even so, with Raul and Fabio we would have six attacking players for, what, three places?

So simple numbers might mean that the club looks to sell MGW? Pity if this is so because he could fit a 3 4 1 2 as the attacking midfielder, which could easily be switched to a 3 4 3 during the game if Lage moved him wider.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see that MGW is having a decent season at SU and played for the U21s the other night. Whether this is enough to force his way into Wolves' Premier League squad next season, remains to be seen.
What is obvious is that Morgan has not made the sort of progress some of his peers from the U17 WC winning squad have. Players like Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Guehi, Smith-Rowe and of course Foden are playing at the highest level and have played for the full England side. Hopefully MGW can use this as motivation to progress to the next level and emulate his 'mates'.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see that MGW is having a decent season at SU and played for the U21s the other night. Whether this is enough to force his way into Wolves' Premier League squad next season, remains to be seen.
What is obvious is that Morgan has not made the sort of progress some of his peers from the U17 WC winning squad have. Players like Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Guehi, Smith-Rowe and of course Foden are playing at the highest level and have played for the full England side. Hopefully MGW can use this as motivation to progress to the next level and emulate his 'mates'.

Well alot of those players like Sancho and Foden were well ahead of him back during the U17s. The rest are only starting to just make it. Like MGW.

MGW wasn't even an original starter in that u17 team, I believe it was because of an injury to Angel Gomez? Either way it really is quite something that so many players from an u17 youth team are forging so many careers at a top level.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Traore-Trincao conundrum is a factor directly affecting MGW's future here.

As it stands, next season we're likely to have, as attacking wide players, Hwang, Podence, Neto and Chiquinho. That's without Adama coming back/us buying Trincao. Perhaps Chiquinho goes on loan if we have Adama or Trincao - even so, with Raul and Fabio we would have six attacking players for, what, three places?

So simple numbers might mean that the club looks to sell MGW? Pity if this is so because he could fit a 3 4 1 2 as the attacking midfielder, which could easily be switched to a 3 4 3 during the game if Lage moved him wider.

As much as i like Trincao, i hope we dont sign him unless he is absolutely top drawer for the rest of the season, and i hope Adama doesnt come back because he has already shown us he doesnt want to commit and be a Wolves player. Rather see Morgan get a shot if he is willing to work for it and not expect a first team place.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be slightly controversial, but just can’t see MGW securing a regular starting line-up place at the Wolves next season.

He’s much better off making a name for himself at Sheffield United which he seems to be doing atm?

If they offered 15mil for him then Wolves would be daft not to consider it imo!
If this were the case I would be looking to start a Bruno out campaign. Utter and complete madness (not slightly controversial). I too believe it was madness to let the lad go on loan this season but too many fans either appear to want to move the lad on or can't see him fit into the way the club plays. I thought the whole point of Bruno's appointment was to change the way we played, surely he can accommodate the talents of a player. Too many fans appear to have a lack of belief in the club and its capacity to develop talented players. We really have to believe if we are to achieve.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as i like Trincao, i hope we dont sign him unless he is absolutely top drawer for the rest of the season, and i hope Adama doesnt come back because he has already shown us he doesnt want to commit and be a Wolves player. Rather see Morgan get a shot if he is willing to work for it and not expect a first team place.
MGW plays in a totally different position so Traore or Trincao has no effect on him at all
I was very impressed with MGW before he went on loan, thought he could be of real use to us this season,and indeed he could have,but understand the reasoning behind his move
He is getting to an age where he should be contesting for the first team now,and if they dont fancy him move him on
Its not doing him any good keep being loaned out,at least as far as his Wolves career is concerned
Glad he has had a decent season at Sheffield, and hope he comes back stronger and more willing to fight for his spot next season
He has the talent,just needed to get his ego and attitude under control, lets hope that is sorted now and he really pushes on

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked good pre season. He has had a good season for Sheffield. He seems to offer something different and exciting to whar we currently see week in week out. Got to give him a chance surely?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have two fantastic (albeit relative one dimensional) midfielders.

Past that, what do we have in midfield? It is a midfield of Championship standard and that is probably being kind.

He has to come back in the summer.
Dendonker is better than that,
Come on!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any suggestion of selling MGW is ridiculous in my opinion. If we were looking at top young talent both he and Ryan Giles would be up there in the Championship. Both should be part of our first team squad next season and if not I for one will be slightly ****ed off. Time to start using some of our homegrown talent if they go out and prove themselves along with any new signings we bring in. The same may also apply to Connor Ronan. The lad deserves to at least be given some sort of chance in pre season. A player that scores so many outstanding goals as he does should not be ignored.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this were the case I would be looking to start a Bruno out campaign. Utter and complete madness (not slightly controversial). I too believe it was madness to let the lad go on loan this season but too many fans either appear to want to move the lad on or can't see him fit into the way the club plays. I thought the whole point of Bruno's appointment was to change the way we played, surely he can accommodate the talents of a player. Too many fans appear to have a lack of belief in the club and its capacity to develop talented players. We really have to believe if we are to achieve.

The loan to Sheff Utd appears to have been perfect for him. No complaints here. Young players sat on the bench and getting 10 minutes here and there (due to our small squad) is more frustrating to me. Playing competitive games has to be a vital part of development.

Not 100% what you're getting at as you seem to say the club were guilty of madness, then say too many lack belief in the club? Bruno did what was right for MGW, many disagreed at the time. And that's disagreeing both ways - those who think MGW should have stayed and those who don't rate him and want him gone. Yet overall, both those views now appear wrong and Bruno/MGW/staff got it right.

Not every decisions would work out so well, but ideally I think Fabio should also be out on loan, somewhere starting every match. And probably the same for Hoever/Mosquera/Tito etc.Can always do half-season loans with call back option if needed.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There must be other premier league clubs monitoring his situation at Sheff Utd in view of the season he is having. Could be viewed as one of the hottest prospects outside the top division. I for one would find it immensly frustrated if he finishes up as a real top player at another premier league club.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How is this even still a debate?

Our best front 3 is clearly Neto-Raul-Podence. If Podence went to Sheff Utd, would you back him to have the same impact Morgan has? And he's 26! Come to think of it, would you back Hwang, Chiquinho or Trincao to have a similar impact?

His ability both on the right and through the middle is perfect for the current team setup (as that winger-cum-third-midfielder Bruno lauded Trincao for) - he is so obviously the missing link between the attack and midfield.

Morgan should come back and he should take Podence's place in the first team. End of.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this even still a debate?

Our best front 3 is clearly Neto-Raul-Podence. If Podence went to Sheff Utd, would you back him to have the same impact Morgan has? And he's 26! Come to think of it, would you back Hwang, Chiquinho or Trincao to have a similar impact?

His ability both on the right and through the middle is perfect for the current team setup (as that winger-cum-third-midfielder Bruno lauded Trincao for) - he is so obviously the missing link between the attack and midfield.

Morgan should come back and he should take Podence's place in the first team. End of.
Podence would tear up the championship .

It should be

Sa
Semedo NEW Kilman Ait nouri
Neves NEW
Neto Mgw podence
Raul

Back
Top Bottom