Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we need to let Lage decide. We don't have anyone above him in our football hierarchy so it's down to him. However... if he decides to 'swap' Traore for Trincao we have, in my opinion, downgraded massively. We should be putting the Adama cash with some reserve funds and going big on a quality midfielder.
I dont see it as a downgrade tbh, but time will tell. Without looking, i think our win ratio is better when Trincao starts but i could be wrong, if thats the case, the downgrade argument doesnt stack up. It is possible to be a lesser player who is better for the team. On current form he isnt at the races, but i think he has all the tools to be a very good player, its just wether he can adapt and develop them.

People writing off a just turned 22 year old who had moved to a new country and a league and style he has never played in before is ludicrous really. Some players adapt quickly and hit the ground running, others take some time. I've mentioned these blokes before, but the likes of Begkamp, Drogba, Henry and SIlva didnt fire from the start but they adapted given time. Some on here would have wanted rid of them as well.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Wolves look like they will push spuds all the way to deadline day and hold out for £30m
Well good for them…if spuds don’t pay adama stays….if they do we buy a midfielder. If Adama still wants to leave in the summer we indicate we will let him go to Barcelona as part of the Trincao deal.

simples eh? See I can run a football club just like all the other people who know so much more than wolves management.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves look like they will push spuds all the way to deadline day and hold out for £30m

Good. Based on that, a deal of around 25m plus 5m in add ons might be a compromise, but I still think we need a deal in principle for one or more first team players before signing on the line.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see it as a downgrade tbh, but time will tell. Without looking, i think our win ratio is better when Trincao starts but i could be wrong, if thats the case, the downgrade argument doesnt stack up. It is possible to be a lesser player who is better for the team. On current form he isnt at the races, but i think he has all the tools to be a very good player, its just wether he can adapt and develop them.

People writing off a just turned 22 year old who had moved to a new country and a league and style he has never played in before is ludicrous really. Some players adapt quickly and hit the ground running, others take some time. I've mentioned these blokes before, but the likes of Begkamp, Drogba, Henry and SIlva didnt fire from the start but they adapted given time. Some on here would have wanted rid of them as well.
Trincao’s a great player, as is Traore keep both.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well good for them…if spuds don’t pay adama stays….if they do we buy a midfielder. If Adama still wants to leave in the summer we indicate we will let him go to Barcelona as part of the Trincao deal.

simples eh? See I can run a football club just like all the other people who know so much more than wolves management.
Not if it goes to the wire and we have no time to replace him.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I don't like that whole "this many goals were scored with him on the pitch and without him on the pitch as well as goals against with and without him". Same could be said for coady who's played every single minute.

Those are unfair stats that don't tell the whole truth of what a player does.
I agree - it disturbs me how many on this thread want him gone and they use stats to fit their own narrative.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You never sell to a direct rival unless you reckon he can make their team worse. They're 2 points ahead of us

Jermaine Jenas, ex Spurs who won a League Cup in his entire career :
What could change that? Well, Wolves winger Adama Traore is one of the players who has been linked with a move to Spurs this month, and there is talk that Conte would use him as a wing-back - like he did with Victor Moses at Chelsea.

It would be a big step up for Traore, though, and we don't know how he would respond to it.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Not sure how long the Adama saga is going to drag on for but it might just play into Wolves hands?

I’d imagine Fosun are well versed in the dark arts of brinkmanship, what better way to destabilise a rival than to have two very head strong characters in Levy and Conte slugging it out behind the scenes with accusations of false promises in the transfer market. Spurs are a bit of a shambles atm and Jeff might see it as an advantage to keep it that way for the rest of the season!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
You never sell to a direct rival unless you reckon he can make their team worse. They're 2 points ahead of us

Jermaine Jenas, ex Spurs who won a League Cup in his entire career :
They are funny. Have had their fingers burned with Doc, a very good RWB who has played RFB, LWB, RM and they wonder why he's been poor. Now they want Traore, an excellent RW with massive explosive pace and, along with it, no real engine, to play RWB.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To get

someone who doesn’t want to be here out of the dressing room (IF that’s the case)
If he's happy here and will accept a pay deal that is inline with what the clubs current policy (I believe £100k a week max) then he must stay, if not then thanks Adama off you go - but not to a team we are competing with for europe

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
mixed messages on Twitter...Spiers says its on, this guy says no

@Cardoso1Ricardo
·
21h

Adama Traore to Tottenham is *OFF* The play has decided he no longer wants the move and would prefer to remain at Wolverhampton. He is expected to sign the contract wolves put on the table in September in the next weeks. #wwfc #thfc

...and also today...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there one single reason why selling him NOW is a good thing?

AS others have said, he wont sign a contract, we want to get money for him rather than losing him for free.

The more i think about the whole thing, the more i think leaving for Spurs will be a huge mistake for him. I think he will do well early on but he wont have a decent career there. I think he is mad personally not signing his contract at a club he is clearly popular at and where he fits in with the group. I said it ages ago, but i think he is a guy who will ( sadly for us ) chase the money. I wouldnt call him a mercenary, but i do think his head gets turned very easily. Saddens me really as i think this is where he will look back in years to come and see how happy he was here.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AS others have said, he wont sign a contract, we want to get money for him rather than losing him for free.

The issue I have with this is that if Adama stays and his impact from the bench helps to win a few games which pushes us into a European spot, then the value we lose by holding on to him for another 6 months will be insignificant.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should drag it out to the last day hinting we are close to agreeing a deal for Jeff to then just turn his phone off and leave spurs having to explain to their fans they’ve missed out.

There will always be these "on the pitch Adama stats"...

Adama was awesome in both City games. The home game was one of the best I have ever been too.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue I have with this is that if Adama stays and his impact from the bench helps to win a few games which pushes us into a European spot, then the value we lose by holding on to him for another 6 months will be insignificant.

If we use his money to strengthen, i dont see an issue. If we sign nobody i'm inclined to agree with you.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs seem to do most of their transfer business through the press, even more than other clubs. As with Doherty all the rumours regarding Traore are coming from Spurs not Wolves. It’s clear Spurs are wanting to pay £20m plus add ons and that gets leaked along with the information that a deal is close. A classic spin trick to convince the seller that the buyer has bent over backwards and that you are robbing them.

This is designed to unsettle the player and attempt to bully the selling club with an unsettled player. Unfortunately, for them, it hasn’t worked yet. It may well work eventually but I think they will have to pay more than they wanted to and that the price is increasing daily. I would expect £25m plus add ons to seal it today. £26m plus add ins tomorrow..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs seem to do most of their transfer business through the press, even more than other clubs. As with Doherty all the rumours regarding Traore are coming from Spurs not Wolves. It’s clear Spurs are wanting to pay £20m plus add ons and that gets leaked along with the information that a deal is close. A classic spin trick to convince the seller that the buyer has bent over backwards and that you are robbing them.

This is designed to unsettle the player and attempt to bully the selling club with an unsettled player. Unfortunately, for them, it hasn’t worked yet. It may well work eventually but I think they will have to pay more than they wanted to and that the price is increasing daily. I would expect £25m plus add ons to seal it today. £26m plus add ins tomorrow..
Hang on till Friday we get the £30 million hes worth then :)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view is losing Traore weakens the squad but not the starting 11, so if (and it’s a big if) we get £30 million and that goes on someone who does improve the starting 11 then I’m happy with it. We have plenty options for wide forwards (especially if we continue with 352) but we are short of an additional central midfielder.

From the get go I fancied Lage to do a job here and I’ve got faith in that if push comes to shove the right thing will happen with Traore to suit what Bruno wants

AbuHamster

Reaction score
The reason why 20 million has been circulated so much is almost certainly because that is the figure someone leaked to the press. I don't blame Levy for offering 15 million; of course he is going to bid low.

The key here is that Spurs have received encouragement from someone - probably the agent and therefore, from the player - that Traore wants to leave or is at least receptive to the offer.

Clubs rarely bid nowadays unless they have a deal in place with the player (ie agent) beforehand.

I am guessing the deal will be "20 million plus add-ons".

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree - it disturbs me how many on this thread want him gone and they use stats to fit their own narrative.

For a lot of fans it's nothing to do with stats.It's because he won't sign the new contract.Times ticking down and the longer It drags on the less we will get for him.So it could go a few ways.
We could sell him for 25 million now with 5 million add ons.Not too bad and Adam a gets the move.
We could wait till the summer and hope teams are still interested in him.If he plays well and scores loads of goals.We could get a bidding war to up the price.
If he goes downhill from here because he wanted to move and he ay gone.We might not even get one team interested and we lose our altogether.The sooner it's sorted one way or the other the better.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
To provide funds to make us a better all around squad/team. Though granted I have little faith in Fosun to manage this in this window.
Honestly do you think if we sell with a few days left of the window we will reinvest, the price for sanches was 30 million but that was before we just gained traore money so it's now 35. French football is broken scrapping for every penny. You buy in the French Market at your peril, if we sell it will because fosun want to cash in on an asset.
Personally speaking 15 or 20 could be achieved in the summer, allied with an easier French market. It's hardly fantastic money, I'm consistent in my thought that traore is really useful off the bench and needed if we are to gatecrash Europe!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view is losing Traore weakens the squad but not the starting 11, so if (and it’s a big if) we get £30 million and that goes on someone who does improve the starting 11 then I’m happy with it. We have plenty options for wide forwards (especially if we continue with 352) but we are short of an additional central midfielder.

From the get go I fancied Lage to do a job here and I’ve got faith in that if push comes to shove the right thing will happen with Traore to suit what Bruno wants
I agree, though the trouble is in order for the new midfielder to improve the starting 11 he needs to be better than Neves and Moutinho, and that would have to be a top top quality player. If one comes in and is below the current pair in the pecking order then your just swapping one sub for another. And a wide forward is more useful to bring on in games than a holding midfielder.

I suppose if the club expect Mourinho to leave in the summer then that would be a factor.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there one single reason why selling him NOW is a good thing?
Is there a single reason why selling him NOW is a bad thing?

Neto potentially coming back is going to cut into his playing time even more. And Bruno clearly doesn't like him as a starter. As an impact sub? He's fine. But we can get others to fill that role. If Bruno can't get money injected into his transfer budget, this is the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom