Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season, both have been largely meh. To me, Trincao is a better footballer, Traore is a much better athlete and a more explosive talent. They both lack end product but, in my opinion, we look a better side with Trincao in it. I perhaps lack your dedication in going through old posts/games, so perhaps I'm wrong. I watch/play a lot of football though and I'm confident in my opinion. We would like a much better side with Neto, but who knows how he will come back.

Sometimes though you can get a player who may not perform to a really, really high level but the way he does things benefits the team more than somebody who is more explosive in short spells. Top teams can carry the player who might have 2 or 3 really good moments in a game, teams like ours need the player who makes the team perform better overall.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In a way you have a point, The Runner. It does work both ways. Both sides can be equally as bad.
I understand emotions are running high at the moment, even higher than usual. There are probably more important things in life than Wolves, although off the top of my head I'm struggling to make a list. Think I'll probably just have another beer and go to bed.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’ll cry if that happens.

Bruno clearly rates Trincao and thinks he can get way more out of him. So i guess you have to back his decision if you back him as the manager. Still think if he really wants Trincao, and if Adama really is wanted by Barca, we should just swap them now and get it dealt with. We probably need the money from Adama, but it could represent the best outcome for everyone if we swap.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at our games this season.

List the ones where we've played well and see how many Traore starts and doesn't.
From day one he has changed how we play when he plays games , we are a much better team without him everyone else works for each other , people slate trincao but would Adama have won that ball back in the centre of the park which led to the penalty last week ? No chance , when he came on against United we had bossed them all game , it was no surprise that they had their best 5 mins as soon as he came on and we were all at sea , same could be said for saints although he scored the 3rd , I’ve always said he’s got great speed but no speed of thought , we have started to look good since podence has refound his form because he’s a very clever player !! Teams that need a traore are teams like palace when they only had zaha or us last season when we had podence , Raul and Neto all out !! People thought sako and Costa were mustard !! Why ? I’ll tell you why because they were a shining light in a ****e side at that moment in time !! We have a much better side than to worry about that type of player these days ….

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno clearly rates Trincao and thinks he can get way more out of him. So i guess you have to back his decision if you back him as the manager. Still think if he really wants Trincao, and if Adama really is wanted by Barca, we should just swap them now and get it dealt with. We probably need the money from Adama, but it could represent the best outcome for everyone if we swap.
Much rather the money goes on the top level CM we’ve been crying out for for a number of seasons.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at our games this season.

List the ones where we've played well and see how many Traore starts and doesn't.
Yet we have more points from the games he doesn’t start !! Go figure !! I’d also suggest we have scored more goals without him on the pitch as well and conceded more with him on it !!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From day one he has changed how we play when he plays games , we are a much better team without him everyone else works for each other , people slate trincao but would Adama have won that ball back in the centre of the park which led to the penalty last week ? No chance , when he came on against United we had bossed them all game , it was no surprise that they had their best 5 mins as soon as he came on and we were all at sea , same could be said for saints although he scored the 3rd , I’ve always said he’s got great speed but no speed of thought , we have started to look good since podence has refound his form because he’s a very clever player !! Teams that need a traore are teams like palace when they only had zaha or us last season when we had podence , Raul and Neto all out !! People thought sako and Costa were mustard !! Why ? I’ll tell you why because they were a shining light in a ****e side at that moment in time !! We have a much better side than to worry about that type of player these days ….
I get the theory but it's not what we've seen.

Go through the games.

Edit: Just saw your latest reply. But we're not disputing points are we? We're talking about performances. You say we are a much better team, so result isn't the only thing we should be looking at.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much rather the money goes on the top level CM we’ve been crying out for for a number of seasons.

I would as well, but nobody is really pushing the boat out to buy Adama, and you arent going to get a top level midfielder for the type of money we will get for Adama. We dont know what the clubs thinking is with Trincao, but if we are going to sign him, we might as well swap him for Adama. They need to let Bruno decide.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have conceded 11 of our 15 conceded when Adama is on the pitch and score 7 of our 17 when he’s been on the pitch !! Make of that what you will , so just to summarise with Adama for 7 against 11 without adama for 10 against against 4 , but according to some we are a better side with him in it

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traora is NOT a team player.He will have one dribbling run down the field and he will need 5 mins before he does the next one.That's if another one comes off.
I was at a mates funeral yesterday,and was talking to 3 Wolverhampton based spurs fans.NOT one of them said anything good about him.And definitely dow want them to sign him.Having said that,they're so far up their own crack just lately it's a ****ing loff.Just to add I'm not a traora hater but I did need him to sign that contract for me to support him.Trincao is more of a team player for me.
You have 3 spurs supporting mates in the same room in Wolverhampton, you just couldn't make this up lol.

We were at a mates funeral,the spurs fans were his mates.As they worked for him in his building firm.Read the ****ing thing agen.I never said they were my mates.Although I do know them.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll do what he always does. Beat 4 men twice in 5 minutes, and do **** all else all game despite constantly getting the ball.

The way people are going on it’s like we’ve massively underpriced one of the greatest players in our history.
I believe that what you are really saying is that you hope that he does what you have said above. I suppose only time will tell.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll just fritter it away on wastes of money like Sa, Kilman, Saiss, Moutinho, Raul, Neto, Jonny, Ait-Nouri etc. Not that every buy has always worked out, but our money has been more wisely spent these past 3 or 4 years than at any point I can remember previously. And the bar is higher than ever at the level we are at now, too.
If Nuno would still have been here Kilman would most likely not be. Saiss is probably having his best season with us and so many before this season would have liked him gone.
Yes of course we have had some good signings and we can balance that out by poor signings, loans that didn't work, players we could argue we overpaid and players that we let go who have gone on to be more successful elsewhere.
That's football.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notwithstanding that, 15m is still pretty derisory for a player that is, literally, the best dribbler in the world and can be unplayable at times and make things happen where few others could. People forget that in the 6 months before covid he was MOTM in around half our games. At the time, many of the opposition managers saw him rather than Jota as the bigger threat.

He has 18 months on his contract not 6-9m. If it came to it, I’m pretty confident Mendes could place him back in Spain for 20m in the summer if all else fails so I’d be amazed if Wolves weren’t setting their price higher than that right now (at 25m). Valencia have an option to buy Helder Costa for 18m and I’d imagine they’d be interested in snapping up Traore in the summer if he was offered not much higher.

For those saying 15-20m is fair for a player with 18m left, worth remembering Jarrod Bowen had less than 6 months to run on his deal a few years back when the mighty Hull (in all sorts of financial trouble at the time) got West Ham to offer £20m rising to £25m.
Re your last para not to mention what the Vile paid for Ings.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conte has form for turning attackers into excellent wing-backs, history would suggest he has a good chance. As long as Doherty comes back I am resigned to him going. Hope we can get a midfielder in but Bruno wants a CB by the sounds of it. Don't think we need an attacker replacement with the new lad and Neto/Hwang back soon. Hopefully Trincao can actually perform at some point and create a few shots or heaven forbid score/assist.
In no way shape or form do l want Doc back at Molineux. He made his bed, let him lie in it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just picture him in a spurs shirt sitting on his a**e on the halfway line watching Ait Nouri using the space to put a cross on a plate for Raul.
You'll feel better.
I'm actually imagining him ripping Marcal a new AH.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno would still have been here Kilman would most likely not be. Saiss is probably having his best season with us and so many before this season would have liked him gone.
Yes of course we have had some good signings and we can balance that out by poor signings, loans that didn't work, players we could argue we overpaid and players that we let go who have gone on to be more successful elsewhere.
That's football.

I'm not so sure about that with Kilman. I think Nuno basically took him out of the team to work on things he needed to at times. That could have contributed to his improvement. The other thing i think happened was he just went with safety first, tried and trusted to make sure we didnt get dragged down into a relegation battle. Generally, when Nuno went off a player that was it. Dont think that was the case with Max.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be sad to see Adama move on and I think £23m is a little lower than it could be. But if:

Neto comes back the same player pre injury
And
Bruno gets the £23m to invest in a player he wants (CB or CM)

Then we should be ok.
Two very big "ifs" there Jade. I hope that they both come off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has Traore ever ‘ripped to pieces’? He’s hardly even getting in out team FFS, had Neto been fit likely even less. ‘Ripping us to pieces’, he’ll likely be sat on the bench.
Frankly l respect your opinion marginally less than that of a Boggie. Who cares what a boring one track knows **** all **** thinks?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the latter, dark days of Nuno, Neto and Adama gave us glimpses of something other than abject boredom.

Traores stats are there to beat him up, but they don't really tell the full tale. He would have had many more marks in the assists column if Raul hadn't been injured. Adama can only create chances - it's not his fault if no one could finish them.

However, in my opinion he was best used as an impact sub, running at tired legs. But when he was on the pitch the tactic seemed to be 'Get it to Traore' and we became painfully one dimensional.

He's an undoubted talent and he got people off their seats, but this was our final opportunity to get reasonable money for him.
If I'm being honest I think providing the money is reinvested for the benefit of the team and the way Bruno wants it to play then I'll be chuffed.

Like the Jota deal though, it feels right for everyone. If he does well for Spurs I'll be proud of the fact he wore the old gold and gave us some great times, but when he lines up against us he's the opposition - simple as that.

NOW BACK BRUNO, JEFF!
A balanced view albeit that I'd prefer him to stay and the fee feels low.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be sad to see Adama move on and I think £23m is a little lower than it could be. But if:

Neto comes back the same player pre injury
And
Bruno gets the £23m to invest in a player he wants (CB or CM)

Then we should be ok.
I'd agree Jade, if I thought for one minute Bruno would see the money from the sale but my cynical side thinks otherwise. Hope I'm wrong though.

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
Sometimes though you can get a player who may not perform to a really, really high level but the way he does things benefits the team more than somebody who is more explosive in short spells. Top teams can carry the player who might have 2 or 3 really good moments in a game, teams like ours need the player who makes the team perform better overall.
like neto, podence, jiminez, sa, +++++++

we have a team of great individual talents,

for me, what matters most is that we have a team that plays together,

100% of the time you can see how much it means when we score or when we concede.

this is what nuno started and what bruno has continued.

WAW

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be looking increasingly likely that he's off imminently. The question is will we invest the proceeds now or in the summer or beyond

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed with how much we're selling him for, however Traore put us in this position by not signing a new contract. To get twenty three million for a bench player with hardly any contribution to our season I suppose is good. Just bizarre he is going to spurs, who in my opinion at this time being is not really a step up, but a sidewards move, ideally I wish we would sell our players to clubs abroad!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Looking like he's going. Just a shame it's to the spuds and not a top continental side. If he's played at wing back, he will not last long there. He doesn't have the defensive nous, willingness nor the engine to be a wing back. He is a winger full stop. Then I guess Conte will find out soon enough. Just hope if he's playing against us in Feb, it's as a wing back :)

GV Wolf

Reaction score
It’s the timing. If we have to sell him do it at the end of the season - not now to a rival for European places - surely the powers that be can see that?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the timing. If we have to sell him do it at the end of the season - not now to a rival for European places - surely the powers that be can see that?
Maybe nobody will buy him then ….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom