Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep saying he's a bench player but nobody really thinks Trincao should be ahead of him in the team do they?

So, he's only really on the bench because of outside influences. Bruno can't actually think Trincao is better.
I think Trincao is a better fit for us. We play better football with him in the team. I also wouldn't sign Trincao

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By the way, I'm not totally against the thinking behind a club not playing a player who won't agree a new contract. It happens quite often.

The point was in relation to people saying Traore's a sub as if he's not good enough. If he had a contract until 2025 I have absolutely no doubts he would be in the XI every week because he's better than Trincao right now quite obviously.
He really wouldn’t. As others have said, and I’ve said before one impact of Traore is that we don’t play as well as a team.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right, except the difference is one have vocally said hes off and the other hasn't, not that I blame either should we continue to lowball being a top flight team.
Who has vocally said he's off?

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet he worked with them all pre-season and started Traore in the first four games. Someone who isn't suited to his philosophy. Bit strange that.
Nope not all, Podence and Neto injured then Hwang came in at the end of the window, Podence overcame became fit Bruno has more options.

No conspiracy weird that.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Trincao is a better fit for us. We play better football with him in the team. I also wouldn't sign Trincao
Think this is a myth to be honest but it's gathering pace on here.

That's not to say I don't think Trincao has quality, he does, and we have played well with him in the team.

However, when have we played well without Traore?
- Everton at home for 45 minutes
- United away
- Southampton at home

With Traore (and Trincao at times):
- First three of the season
- Brighton away
- Watford away

We played well against West Ham without both of them as well.

Also, Traore still contributed a lot in the games we played well where he wasn't really involved, like United away and Southampton.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traora is NOT a team player.He will have one dribbling run down the field and he will need 5 mins before he does the next one.That's if another one comes off.
I was at a mates funeral yesterday,and was talking to 3 Wolverhampton based spurs fans.NOT one of them said anything good about him.And definitely dow want them to sign him.Having said that,they're so far up their own crack just lately it's a ****ing loff.Just to add I'm not a traora hater but I did need him to sign that contract for me to support him.Trincao is more of a team player for me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may well be a bench player but at least he provides something different when he comes on. That’s what subs are supposed to do.

Will miss watching him play football for us if he does go. One of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen live.

Totally agree mate but those that will never criticise or hear nothing said against Shi and the board wont agree with this. They will then resort to name calling and abuse and accuse you of supporting the **** etc.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankyou for engaging in such a wonderful way. It is so wonderful that on a forum for discussing things to see such a well thought out response. I am also very glad to hear you are sober.

Put him on ignore mate if I was you.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No other player misses the sitter one minute before, either. No other player is as useless at being in the right place to score goals. In the same match Coady scored a goal Adama could never score. As did Moutinho v Man Utd. And most other goals we ever score, Adama is unique, but ineffective to go with it.

Lets talk about Trincao and Hwang for those 8 games before he got injured.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be sorry to see him go if he does go. He will for ever be associated in my mind with those two games v City in 2019 in which he scored 3 goals and was instrumental in destroying them twice. But perhaps it's time for him to move on, as he has too many games in which he is pretty ineffective. If he doesn't want to be here, best to let him go, and if 20 million is the best offer, then so be it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't care anymore than I would if another player did it. I am not one for getting worked up over former players facing us, its football. We are better off without him if we use the money wisely. Don't see him as much of a loss at all.

Thats the trouble though. Where is the money we get from him going this month? Anything else than players and it will be a disgrace.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this is a myth to be honest but it's gathering pace on here.

That's not to say I don't think Trincao has quality, he does, and we have played well with him in the team.

However, when have we played well without Traore?
- Everton at home for 45 minutes
- United away
- Southampton at home

With Traore (and Trincao at times):
- First three of the season
- Brighton away
- Watford away

We played well against West Ham without both of them as well.

Also, Traore still contributed a lot in the games we played well where he wasn't really involved, like United away and Southampton.
I politely disagree. I've watched Adama for 150 games (or so) for Wolves. I believe we play better without him. He's a fantastic option off the bench but - aside from a few months - id always prefer him not to start.

Obviously I'd prefer if he stayed at the club and we sign five new players - but we patently aren't going to do that.

I'd be devastated if we were selling Neto, Podence, Kilman, Sa, Coady, Raul, RAN or Neves. For Adama....I don't feel he is at that level,.nor do I believe we play better with him in the team. It's a toss up between him and Trincao. Neto and Podence are miles ahead

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has Traore ever ‘ripped to pieces’? He’s hardly even getting in out team FFS, had Neto been fit likely even less. ‘Ripping us to pieces’, he’ll likely be sat on the bench.

Who have Trincao and Hwang ripped to pieces in recent months? Neto is weeks away from playing after nearly a year out and Chiquinho will need time to bed in.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But can you imagine the meltdown if we had of sold him 18 months ago when at his peak.
or how about this one….
some fans on here say we should keep him. Ok.
But if he walks away on a free in 18 months we lose £15m plus his wages…….total about £18 m gone…..gone.

I wonder will the fans who want him to stay now, be critical if we lose £18m later.

Jeff has few options at this point…….but so does Adama. I wonder if Spurs will offer him as much as Jeff offered him?
I suspect that Adama might be regretting not taking Jeff’s offer.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traora is NOT a team player.He will have one dribbling run down the field and he will need 5 mins before he does the next one.That's if another one comes off.
I was at a mates funeral yesterday,and was talking to 3 Wolverhampton based spurs fans.NOT one of them said anything good about him.And definitely dow want them to sign him.Having said that,they're so far up their own crack just lately it's a ****ing loff.Just to add I'm not a traora hater but I did need him to sign that contract for me to support him.Trincao is more of a team player for me.
You have 3 spurs supporting mates in the same room in Wolverhampton, you just couldn't make this up lol.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or how about this one….
But if he walks away on a free in 18 months we lose £15m plus his wages…….total about £18 m gone…..gone.

I wonder will the fans who want him to stay now, be critical if we lose £18m later.

Jeff has few options at this point…….but so does Adama. I wonder if Spurs will offer him as much as Jeff offered him?
We'll waste more on tripe like trincao.

T

TheConcourse

Just roll on Neves going for 40mil.

I don't get why people aren't up in arms about the price, its so cheap, its screaming 'buy him, please buy him!' And the sharks smelt blood, Levy knew we would sell him cheap.

Neves will go for 40, probably less, mark my words.
You understand how contracts work in football right?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
or how about this one….

How many games was that you have been too? You didn't respond on the other thread

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally agree mate but those that will never criticise or hear nothing said against Shi and the board wont agree with this. They will then resort to name calling and abuse and accuse you of supporting the **** etc.
Disappointed with your comments. You must know that name calling and abuse come from both sides of the argument not just the one you disagree with.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or, Conte continues to revive Spurs, Traore is able to be coached by one of the worlds best, need we not forget this man had a hand in converting both Ivan Perisic and Victor Moses into title winning wingbacks, and they sail off into the sun whilst we float in the nether.

Tell you wish has more chance of happening, and its not looking that sunny at Molineux.
Float in the nether?

FLOAT IN THE NETHER??

WE’RE 8th in the PREMIER LEAGUE YOU BUFFOON.

Do you remember the endless night of the championship? Jizzing yourself at the thought of signing some injury prone has beens & never weres?

Or even worse years plummeting to the very pits of hell itself?

We’re floating in the nether are we?

Self entitled idiocy.

Good day Sir!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I politely disagree. I've watched Adama for 150 games (or so) for Wolves. I believe we play better without him. He's a fantastic option off the bench but - aside from a few months - id always prefer him not to start.

Obviously I'd prefer if he stayed at the club and we sign five new players - but we patently aren't going to do that.

I'd be devastated if we were selling Neto, Podence, Kilman, Sa, Coady, Raul, RAN or Neves. For Adama....I don't feel he is at that level,.nor do I believe we play better with him in the team. It's a toss up between him and Trincao. Neto and Podence are miles ahead
Fair enough but this season? I've listed the games and can't see how where you'd majorly differ.

Maybe with Neto back his absence won't be felt as much but if Neto isn't on it I feel we really lack physicality and speed in the final third which will be shown up by an aggressive defence - which I fear will happen tomorrow.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or how about this one….

Certainly wouldn’t be letting him walk for nothing in 18 months time.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The thing is people were saying the things Adama needs to improve on 3 years ago are the things they will be saying he needs to improve on in 3 years time. As a player, he has improved but fundamentally he will always have the same problems. He is almost 26 and you still get his cheer squad saying he just needs to improve this or he needs to improve that. I dont see it happening.

Individually, he's been pretty decent at times and has had an impact, but we look far more balanced and fluid with him out of the side. He's changed games coming from the bench no doubt, and he is always going to bring excitement but i do feel people equate him getting people off their seats with quality, and the two things dont have to go hand in hand.

At the end of the day, he simply isnt a 100k a week footballer and it appears thats what he's asking. If he wants that kind of money at Wolves, he needs to be far, far more consistent.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough but this season? I've listed the games and can't see how where you'd majorly differ.

Maybe with Neto back his absence won't be felt as much but if Neto isn't on it I feel we really lack physicality and speed in the final third which will be shown up by an aggressive defence - which I fear will happen tomorrow.

Realistically Neto wont be playing from the start or up to speed for another 6 weeks or so. That is a lot of football.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a myth and not a great footballer !! Great footballers don’t make you go home and kick your cat every Saturday night …
Look at our games this season.

List the ones where we've played well and see how many Traore starts and doesn't.

T

TheConcourse

Serious question and I do recognise that whether someone likes him or not and are entitled to their opinion but how will you feel if when he plays against us that he rips us to pieces. I know you will probably say he wont which is why I said if.
He’ll do what he always does. Beat 4 men twice in 5 minutes, and do **** all else all game despite constantly getting the ball.

The way people are going on it’s like we’ve massively underpriced one of the greatest players in our history.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly wouldn’t be letting him walk for nothing in 18 months time.

At times i think it wouldnt be the end of the world if we are achieving things on the field with him contributing if he stayed. At the same time though, i think its fairly obvious he wants to leave ( i dont think he is unhappy here though ), we want money so a sale is logical.

I still stand by what i said very early on in this whole things, it should have had a line drawn under it last January when it was fairly obvious he wasnt signing.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This season, both have been largely meh. To me, Trincao is a better footballer, Traore is a much better athlete and a more explosive talent. They both lack end product but, in my opinion, we look a better side with Trincao in it. I perhaps lack your dedication in going through old posts/games, so perhaps I'm wrong. I watch/play a lot of football though and I'm confident in my opinion. We would like a much better side with Neto, but who knows how he will come back.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is people were saying the things Adama needs to improve on 3 years ago are the things they will be saying he needs to improve on in 3 years time. As a player, he has improved but fundamentally he will always have the same problems. He is almost 26 and you still get his cheer squad saying he just needs to improve this or he needs to improve that. I dont see it happening.

Individually, he's been pretty decent at times and has had an impact, but we look far more balanced and fluid with him out of the side. He's changed games coming from the bench no doubt, and he is always going to bring excitement but i do feel people equate him getting people off their seats with quality, and the two things dont have to go hand in hand.

At the end of the day, he simply isnt a 100k a week footballer and it appears thats what he's asking. If he wants that kind of money at Wolves, he needs to be far, far more consistent.
Well put - agree with these points and you say them better than I have!

I like having the most 'x' player and I love what he can bring.

Mostly, however, I like winning, which I feel we are better placed to do with Adama on the bench. And if that's the case, I understand him becoming a saleable asset, as.much as I'd like to see him frustrating and elating me for another few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom