Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
22.5 mil haha I must be worth 3mil then. Jesus that is a crazy price for such a player. Even if we invest it well, which we won’t it will make us weaker and a rival stronger. Also sends a message to the current squad.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any comment from @Cornwall Wolf ?
Think its already been said .. he's gone for £20m + £2.75 add ons .. need to invest in CM .. my choice would be Dennis Zakari out of contract in Summer and would be reasonable cost .. but I havent heard any interest reported with the agents I know

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30m right now I'd begrudgingly accept, knowing the value will decrease as his contract runs out. £22m half way through a season when we could end up challenging for Europe for a player who has often been our only threat and outlet is a total joke. I'd rather sell him in the summer for £15m than £22m now

D

Deleted member (smith)

22.5 mil haha I must be worth 3mil then. Jesus that is a crazy price for such a player. Even if we invest it well, which we won’t it will make us weaker and a rival stronger. Also sends a message to the current squad.
Value depends on length of contract, age, ability and salary…you cannot base value on ability alone …but I expect you know that.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think its already been said .. he's gone for £20m + £2.75 add ons .. need to invest in CM .. my choice would be Dennis Zakari out of contract in Summer and would be reasonable cost .. but I havent heard any interest reported with the agents I know
Agreed 100% CM needed, if I'm being greedy I would also like competition for Raul.

R

reanswolf

In this instance, I think people are being a bit hard on the club. He is not worth the highest wages, and he won't sign a new contract. Its one of those situations where we have to sell, he has 18 months left on his contract and £22m would be ok fee-wise IMO.

As long as it is spent on strengthening and not another centre back.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it traore who hasn't produced??? Or the coaches?????
To be honest it’s neither. He apparently works hard but remains inconsistent. He’s had a number of coaches who have improved other players but have not had the same impact on Traore. He’s a coaches vanity project, they see his natural talents and believe they can coach him to be a world beater. On every occasion they’ve been disappointed.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Club getting a lot of criticism here from those who seem to know better. Traore wants to leave and won’t sign a new contract . His value in 18 months is zero as he can walk on a free…his value reduces as that date approaches.

what should the club do?

Exactly this.
We are not in pole position here, Traore won't sign and his value has been on the decline due to poor form and contract running down.

Hope we go out and get someone decent with the cash.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks.

Compared to what we sold Doc and Jota for, it suggests to me we’re getting shut of a failed experiment rather than cashing in. Not sure it does much for Adama’s career if I’m honest, and that’s not sour grapes.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest it’s neither. He apparently works hard but remains inconsistent. He’s had a number of coaches who have improved other players but have not had the same impact on Traore. He’s a coaches vanity project, they see his natural talents and believe they can coach him to be a world beater. On every occasion they’ve been disappointed.
So....therefore..... If you were one of those coaches, been given that quite brilliant talent to coach,,,,wouldn't you say, as a coach,,you d failed???

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only spurs have shown any interest in him at all you don’t get to choose who you sell to it’s not like he has loads queuing up. We’re selling him to spurs because no one else will bid for him, no one wanted him in the summer either. We sell him to spurs now or in the summer for even less. He’ll double his wages he’s not going to stay here
This.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as it is spent on strengthening and not another centre back.
In other news Sanderson is going (on loan) to QPR. So we're back down to 3 CHs plus Dendoncker & Marcal with Saiss still in Africa. Maybe they'll move for another CH for cover ?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club getting a lot of criticism here from those who seem to know better. Traore wants to leave and won’t sign a new contract . His value in 18 months is zero as he can walk on a free…his value reduces as that date approaches.

what should the club do?
Good question. Waiting for answers.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So....therefore..... If you were one of those coaches, been given that quite brilliant talent to coach,,,,wouldn't you say, as a coach,,you d failed???
Not really, as I would point to other players that I have improved. All the coaches will point to some improvements they have made to Adams’s game but also to the fact he remains inconsistent and has the football brain of a gnat. There are things with Adama that he hasn’t got that can’t be coached. He just hasn’t got that understanding of the game to perform effectively. If he had a yard less pace he’d be a championship/league 1 player as technically and game management wise he’s not that great.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the fee and the contract for a minute, I don’t get how people are saying Adama has been a flop here? Or at least in as many words.

No player, ever, has had me as excited when they get the ball as Adama. I don’t care what the stats say, he is unique and I’m gutted to see him go. Especially for such a paltry amount.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the fee and the contract for a minute, I don’t get how people are saying Adama has been a flop here? Or at least in as many words.

No player, ever, has had me as excited when they get the ball as Adama. I don’t care what the stats say, he is unique and I’m gutted to see him go. Especially for such a paltry amount.

People were slating Jota when he left and now look at him. History is repeating itself on this thread. Some posters slating Adama are probably the same ones who would be hailing him if he signed a new contract at our club tonight.

Some people on here will never be critical of the club and that is fair enough but to me the club will deserve all the criticism they get if they sell Adama and dont bring in a Sanches style signing to replace him in the squad. The club need to look ambitious still and to my mind letting Adama leave with no decent investment when we are doing so well in the league would look dreadful to the players and to the head coach.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tottenham agree Traore fee?​

Football Insider is reporting Tottenham and Wolves have agreed a free of just under £23m for Spain winger Adama Traore.
The outlet states the offer includes £20m up front, with £2.75m in add-ons.

Reported on Sky Sports tonight.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People were slating Jota when he left and now look at him. History is repeating itself on this thread. Some posters slating Adama are probably the same ones who would be hailing him if he signed a new contract at our club tonight.

Some people on here will never be critical of the club and that is fair enough but to me the club will deserve all the criticism they get if they sell Adama and dont bring in a Sanches style signing to replace him in the squad. The club need to look ambitious still and to my mind letting Adama leave with no decent investment when we are doing so well in the league would look dreadful to the players and to the head coach.

I’m sad to see him leave for a paltry sum too, but if we can’t agree a contract extension, then I’m not sure the club has many other options bar accept the loss of £20m by keeping him for another 18 months. A couple of seasons ago it looked like we had finally seen Traore achieve his potential. But for whatever reason, that proved short lived, and here we are. I’m not happy, but I’m realistic. I’d rather take 20m+ and move on, than let this drag out for another 18 months and see him leave on a free.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading 'Fighting ****s' website, Spurs fans seem pleased to get him. Very uncomplimentary about Wolves and Wolves fans. Arrogant *******s.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Well, we’ll find out tomorrow if Adama’s been sold, usually in circumstances like this players tend to not make the team sheet!

However, if he’s on the bench and actually gets game time what an illustrious way to end to his Wolves career away to….Brentford!

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yeah but you're forgetting that Traore is ****.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone post a clip of Adama's assist for Donk vs WHU. The best assist I've seen for years and years...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sad to see him leave for a paltry sum too, but if we can’t agree a contract extension, then I’m not sure the club has many other options bar accept the loss of £20m by keeping him for another 18 months. A couple of seasons ago it looked like we had finally seen Traore achieve his potential. But for whatever reason, that proved short lived, and here we are. I’m not happy, but I’m realistic. I’d rather take 20m+ and move on, than let this drag out for another 18 months and see him leave on a free.

Needs to be reinvested this month though mate and not on Trincao and Hwang who we can worry about in the summer. Seko Fofana is the lad we should go for in my opinion.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we’ll find out tomorrow if Adama’s been sold, usually in circumstances like this players tend to not make the team sheet!

However, if he’s on the bench and actually gets game time what an illustrious way to end to his Wolves career away to….Brentford!

No chance he will be in the squad tomorrow in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom