Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
There's really no emotion in it - Spurs are just trying to get the player they want for the lowest price possible, like all football clubs do to some extent.

Do we owe Monaco and lMonaco fans an apology lfor getting Joao for £5m?
Exactly.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t wait for him to score against us at spurs away FFS
Not likely to happen cos although his arms would be all greased up, Semedo would dunk his own hands in Evostik Impact Adhesive before the game.
One tug on Adama's arm and he's out for the season

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, if anyone knows how to defend against Adama it will be our boys.
Which pri-Madonna at spurs is going to talk him through the game ? You watch any training video all you here is coady shouting Adama all the time , even pullis said he had him on his side of the pitch so he could talk him through it !! They won’t do that at a club where they have better players ….

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like most on here I am disappointed in reported fee, but if there is no market for him now then its unlikely there will be a more significant one for him in the summer. If we let it go to the end of the summer window he could just wait his contract out and sign a pre-contract agreement to go abroad this time next year and we get nothing.

I know there are quite a lot of if and buts in that statement, but Jeff will have the inside track on everything going on here;

• What is the fee we are getting?
  • What is the payment terms and does that help cashflow (or servicing our loans) now?
  • What wages are we saving by moving him on?
  • What is his current book value and how does that help the accounts for FFP/Book Profit?
I would lay odds that Jeff has a far better handle on all these factors and will have balanced everything before making a decision, we can moan as much as we like but in my experience when people moan about decisions they would make exactly the same choices when they have the same facts.

At the end of the day this boils down to what are they going to do with the money either now or in the summer - I don't want them to make a bad mistake buying someone this window just to keep the moaners happy.

I want Jeff to take the long view, if they have to wait until the summer to reinvest them money then so be it.

Personally I would rather them go out and buy some young talent (like Carvalho from Fulham) to build for the future, rather than adding it to what we have and spending on a £40m player on huge wages (like DVB).

I know others may have a different view, but that would be my preference.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s actually played really well this year when on the left of the three and despite the stats, has looked more likely to score more regularly this season.

Whilst in previous seasons, the goals he scored tended to be spectacular strikes, this year, he has had far more ‘routine’ opportunities and with a bit more composure and luck, could have had 5-6 already.

Has been getting in better positions, has been a (slight) improvement in his team play and I really think it is very close to properly clicking for him.

To lose him for £22m makes me feel a bit sick. Especially to Spurs.

Just have to hope that Neto comes back something like the same player he was before the injury.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wonder how long it will take for Antonio Conte to lose it will traore !

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern with letting Adama go is how are we replacing him in the squad? Are we going to invest this money or just sit on it? Surely we have to invest. We are in a very good position in the league. Bruno was calling for signings and wanted to keep Adama.

Our owners need to start backing our head coach properly now and no more excuses. He could achieve good things here but it will quickly fall down if he isnt backed properly.

Our attacking options will be Raul, Fabio, Hwang, Trincao, Chiquinho, Podence and Neto. Sounds good on paper but there are a few issues here. Trincao is still to convince and hasnt scored yet, Neto will take weeks before he is playing again, Chiquinho will take time to settle and surely cannot be seen as a direct replacement for Adama for now, Hwang still injured.

Maybe I am wrong but I feel we need another attacking option if Adama goes on top of a central midfield player.

Adama is a popular player at Wolves and yes his stats arent great this season but he has indirectly contributed to many of our goals and worth remembering the amount of chances certain players have missed from his crosses etc.

I can only think to sell Adama will be a big PR own goal by the club unless we unveil a marque signing of our own to replace him such as Sanches.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
22.75m fee agreed.... Allegedly!
If we sell him for that, Spurs would have got him on the cheap and all your goner hear is what a bargain they've got, by all the experts, thrown in our faces all the time ,the problem I their all goner be right, and when we come to spend it,we will get naf all for it, complete joke

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern with letting Adama go is how are we replacing him in the squad? Are we going to invest this money or just sit on it? Surely we have to invest. We are in a very good position in the league. Bruno was calling for signings and wanted to keep Adama.

Our owners need to start backing our head coach properly now and no more excuses. He could achieve good things here but it will quickly fall down if he isnt backed properly.

Our attacking options will be Raul, Fabio, Hwang, Trincao, Chiquinho, Podence and Neto. Sounds good on paper but there are a few issues here. Trincao is still to convince and hasnt scored yet, Neto will take weeks before he is playing again, Chiquinho will take time to settle and surely cannot be seen as a direct replacement for Adama for now, Hwang still injured.

Maybe I am wrong but I feel we need another attacking option if Adama goes on top of a central midfield player.

Adama is a popular player at Wolves and yes his stats arent great this season but he has indirectly contributed to many of our goals abd worth remembering the amount of chances certain players have missed from his crosses etc.

I can only think to sell Adama will be a big PR own goal by the club unless we unveil a marque signing of our own to replace him such as Sanches.
The replacement was signed already, whilst the rest of the money is likely to go on buying Hwang.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s actually played really well this year when on the left of the three and despite the stats, has looked more likely to score more regularly this season.

Whilst in previous seasons, the goals he scored tended to be spectacular strikes, this year, he has had far more ‘routine’ opportunities and with a bit more composure and luck, could have had 5-6 already.

Has been getting in better positions, has been a (slight) improvement in his team play and I really think it is very close to properly clicking for him.

To lose him for £22m makes me feel a bit sick. Especially to Spurs.

Just have to hope that Neto comes back something like the same player he was before the injury.
Lots of if’s buts & maybe’s around who we might get in and the return of Neto. If he is sold we have lost a major outlet, a spark and a superb option of the bench. To all the non-fans of Adama, take a look at the bench.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad if he goes.
He's a massive exciting bums off seats pay ya money to go watch talent!!!!
If a manager succeeds, where nuno, Bruno, and others have failed.....and get him playing regular, from the start , in the correct position ( and not as a bloody full back ) , with his brain turned on......they ll have the best striker in Europe.
22 million for that potential is a joke...we paid 35 million for Silva!! 10 million for hoover!! I've not got my bum of my seat once for them !!!
Good luck adama

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, it's not so much losing Traore for me but how (if) we spend the cash, I'm not too optimistic and can only see a Hwang permanent signing

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lets judega t end of the window. Also how many mins has he played this season as he has been sub alot.

Still rather keep him, but if he really wants to go we have no choice

T

TheConcourse

Absolute no brainer. Argue stats, goal involvements, players he takes out of a game all you want. They’re all hypotheticals if the delivery doesn’t exist. And it doesn’t exist.

Traore might be the ultimate speed merchant, but he’s got the football IQ of a dead frog.

Under Conte? Jesus. Conte will murder him if he shows the level of attention off the ball as he does at Wolves.

Fantastic spectacle when the balls at his feet and he’s in full flight. Impact either side of those moments? Nowhere near any sort of consistency.

Let’s see if his 4th or 5th manager at this level can bring something out of him that every other has failed on so far, consistency. I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The replacement was signed already, whilst the rest of the money is likely to go on buying Hwang.

If Chiquinho is Adama's direct replacement then I am sorry but that just isnt good enough in my opinion. Dont get me wrong Chiquinho looks a very promising player but direct replacement for Adama now when he will take months to get up to speed potentially? Not acceptable to me.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves next, Neto (when fit, didn’t previously sound like he wanted to stay for to long). You keep the best players, create a squad.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chiquinho is Adama's direct replacement then I am sorry but that just isnt good enough in my opinion. Dont get me wrong Chiquinho looks a very promising player but direct replacement for Adama now when he will take months to get up to speed potentially? Not acceptable to me.
Tough, in the nicest aspect, that's how Fosun and co run this ship.

Don't like it, then best don't go.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Only spurs have shown any interest in him at all you don’t get to choose who you sell to it’s not like he has loads queuing up. We’re selling him to spurs because no one else will bid for him, no one wanted him in the summer either. We sell him to spurs now or in the summer for even less. He’ll double his wages he’s not going to stay here

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understand the sale from Bruno's point of view as Adama won't ever be capable of playing the narrow role he wants from his wingers on a consistent basis.

Will miss having the wildcard though who opposition sides were terrified of - particularly at a price that is nothing for a PL club.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players want to move on for various reasons such as pay - Adama by all accounts - or they are sought after by 'bigger' clubs who offer more than we do (Jota).

Traore is/was a joy to watch, and frustrating as hell. Two Head Coaches here have failed to create a consistently dangerous 90-mins forward, as have other HCs/managers before them.

If Chiquinho is his replacement, so be it and good luck to the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom