Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best chance of winning a trophy is the FA Cup. Traore is a man who the opposition are most scared of and he can absolutely turn a game on its head. This is why Spurs want him. To add another dimension to their play. Given we are competing with them to finish as high as we can, then why would we weaken ourselves and strengthen a competitor? It makes no sense to do so regardless of money.

Adama has 18 months left. A long time in football. Keep him until the Summer. Give the cup our best shot and then see where we finish. Qualify for Europe and all of a sudden, Adama has a dilemma. He's not going to get much game time with any of the top 6 in England and frankly, I'm mystified why Barca would want him other than as a squad player.

Adama has a habit of leaving clubs for more money and it looks like he / his agent want to milk another move. They can, but in 6 to 18 mths time. Not now and most certainly not at the derisory figure Spurs have supposedly bid.
Interesting stuff. If, as some say, we’d still get £15m for Adama in the summer, is a good Cup run (and league place) worth the £3m?

fleck1

Reaction score
Comparing Spurs offer for Adama to Sancho, Pepe fees etc is a pointless exercise.. We have a player who's contract is running down and I'm sure between him and his agent Spurs will know he isn't signing, He also doesn't have the numbers and stats behind him that these players had when they were signed. So the fee will continue to come down. Some on here are hyping him up as this unique, word beating superstar, but we have said he can go for £20m? which some say is a bargain, a steal, robbery? People point to Klopp and Pep talking him up before and after games, but where are City, Liverpool, Utd, PSG, Madrid etc why aren't they queuing up for this bargain fighting it out? Instead its just Jeff and Levy fighting it out for £15m to £20m? Apart from a 3 month spell under Nuno a couple of years ago he has nothing to show he's any different to the project we signed and buying clubs know this, every new club that signs him thinks they can unlock this talent but they also know its a punt. He went to the Euros with Spain and got a few minutes off the bench in one game and has now slipped out of favour with them.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my head I love the idea that the conversation went a little like this:

Levy: "Evening, Jeff, Daniel Levy here."

Jeff: "Evening Danny."

Levy: "We'd like to buy Adama Traore for fiteen million pounds."

Jeff: "Right, well, thanks for letting me know. While you're on, we'd like to buy Son for ten million pounds."

Levy: "Err. Well. No, Jeff. We wouldn't do that deal"

Jeff: "Right, okay then, if that's all?....."

Click.

Reactions: DPE

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's really no emotion in it - Spurs are just trying to get the player they want for the lowest price possible, like all football clubs do to some extent.

Do we owe Monaco and Monaco fans an apology for getting Joao for £5m?
The difference is we did not make a derisory public bid for Joao, in advance of negotiations, using a friendly press to put pressure on club and player.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
We’ll miss him when he’s gone
I really don't want him to go. Maybe it's the hope that kills you, but i still think he can be a great player for us.

Regardless, i don't think now is the time to sell him unless a good offer comes in. I'd live for him to stay and have a really good run of form for the rest of the season and hopefully sign a new contract.

With any of our players, if/when they go i always hope it will be abroad and not to one of the entitled 6.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. If, as some say, we’d still get £15m for Adama in the summer, is a good Cup run (and league place) worth the £3m?
Isn’t each league place worth £2M?

Even if Adama isn’t a starter we need quality competition and cover on the bench and the ability to come off the bench and change a game. Adam can do that and we don’t have equivalent quality available, so we should keep him for the rest of this season, because he might help gain us (or help us) a couple of league places which is worth £4M. He might also help us with a cup run and gain and European place which is worth a bit more money.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without Adama we don't beat Villa. We very probably don't beat Man United.
Neither are official assists but he won the free kick against Villa and it was his cross headed out to Moutinho.
So four points right there.
With respect, without Traore on the pitch, someone else would have been and history would have not been as it was.

You can't say anything would have happened as the circumstances would not have been identical, history cannot be re-written.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes you think it won't be, given Fosun haven't taken a penny out of Wolves so far?

Taking money out isn't the same as not reinvesting...so i don't understand your point.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy doesn't want to play for us and last year signed up with Mendes to secure a move just in the same way Doherty did. I will move on when he gets his transfer just like I did with Jota. I hope we can get close to 25 million and then hope we can bring in a central midfielder.
We have to focus on chiquinho and hope we can develop him. Also we can take a close look at corbeanu as the fourth winger. Let's move on.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst the £15m offer from Spurs is derisory imo, Adama is only valued at about £5m on our books as an asset at this moment in time as his transfer value amortises. Any sale above that will be a profit in the clubs accounts.

I personally think anything above £20m should be considered. It is symbolically above the fee we paid to Middlesborough and an okay return on our investment.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking money out isn't the same as not reinvesting...so i don't understand your point.

Well, if it's not taken out, if will be used by Wolves - i.e. invested in something, whether or not that's directly into a very visible immediate transfer fee.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if it's not taken out, if will be used by Wolves - i.e. invested in something, whether or not that's directly into a very visible immediate transfer fee.
That's my concern. It won't be invested in a ready-made player. Thus we'll be weaker.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Levy just reminds me of a Premier League Moxey. Messing about thinking he can bully “lesser” clubs into transfers. At best all he’s doing is unsettling Adama but hopefully the club are being open and honest with him about the whole situation.

Personally I’d like him to keep his head down and work hard and look at it again in the summer. The rest of this season is pivotal, depending on our form he may well not fancy a move to spurs, though obviously Barca is a different matter.

It’s a difficult one really. On his day he’s the most exciting footballer I’ve ever seen in a wolves shirt but that’s balanced by he can equally be the most frustrating as well. There was a period 18 months ago where I’d have said make him our highest paid player but right now we can’t do that with a player who isn’t even a guaranteed starter. Looking at Chiquinho coming in and potentially Trincao (though he still has to prove his worth) it seems the club have to an extent already moved on. Hwang has shown periods of a player and there’s Neto also to comeback so it may well be the end for Adama.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt Adama himself would want to play RWB he never really looks comfortable there.

I dont think it suits him, he plays in explosive bursts so having to do that going forwards and cover in defence will knacker him out in no time, I dont think he can play that position at all

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re doing pretty well without him barring 20 mins a game. Do you really think Neto or Hwang can’t fill that 20 mins?

I like Adama I think he has something but it’s far too inconsistent. It’s not all about stats this we all know but his 1 goal and 0 assists has to be taken into consideration. That two minutes against Southampton the other day unfortunately sums him up. Blasted over the bar when he should have left it for podence to tap in, then scores the next minute.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's really no emotion in it - Spurs are just trying to get the player they want for the lowest price possible, like all football clubs do to some extent.

Do we owe Monaco and Monaco fans an apology for getting Joao for £5m?
Only awful clubs try to buy other team's players.

It's like we've never put a bid in for someone, or god forbid, lowballed on an offer.

The reactions on here are hysterical.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ll regret playing him RWB. Fantastic with the ball, but his tactical/ positional discipline does not lend himself to that, I’m not sure even Conte can drill that into him, he’s 25 now.

Issue is, in modern football the isn't a real position for a winger that sticks to the touchline and puts balls into the box.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as Adama is a unique player and has the potential to be a super star the facts remain he has yet to do it consistently. It also looks like he is not going to sign another contract, we have won some bargains over the years exploiting other contractual weaknesses it just looks like it might be our turn to be a bit disappointed.

I still think he will go this window for around the £20m mark. There comes a point where known admirers Chelsea, Liverpool, and City think he is worth a punt - especially if they think that can do a deal with players in part-ex.

I still think if spurs give us £15m cash and Rodon or Chelsea the same cash but that young striker on-loan at Southampton we may well see a deal done. If they don't then he goes in the summer market.

Its a shame because he is exciting and his stats may not tell the full story of his impact, but that's business - you win some and you lose some.

At the end of the day it is how we use that £20m that counts - when you look at the £3m they have committed for Chiquinho, £20m can buy you a lot of potential or it can help you push the bar out for a £40m player we would not normal entertain.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing Lage's quotes from his press conference today about him being here at the moment and the club talking to him, think he will be gone by the end of the window...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re doing pretty well without him barring 20 mins a game. Do you really think Neto or Hwang can’t fill that 20 mins?

I like Adama I think he has something but it’s far too inconsistent. It’s not all about stats this we all know but his 1 goal and 0 assists has to be taken into consideration. That two minutes against Southampton the other day unfortunately sums him up. Blasted over the bar when he should have left it for podence to tap in, then scores the next minute.
And within those 20 minutes a goal can be scored.

Opponents don't like Adama, bringing him on for those 20 minutes can push opponents back and make them think twice about commiting to the attack. That and his energy can get us up the field in those late moments, Villa away doesn't happen if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom