Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BACK BRUNO NOW

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shouldn’t we have decided by now if there’s someone out there who fits the bill rather than leaving it till the window opens to start looking?

er yes, and i'm sure they have. but the bargaining started Jan 1

not sure of your point here

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In January/February we will have Neto, Jonny, mosqeuro, Sanderson and Giles to add to our squad that are currently 8th and have what all will agree a pretty successful start to the season. If we pick up one extra signing I for one will be happy with that. Yes some of those will be coming back from injury but what do you expect the club to do - buy 2 or 3 extra in case they don’t come back from injury? We don’t do that - and nor should we. Still the best o have had it as a (nearly), 45 year old fan. I don’t mind saying people are sounding a bit spoiled on this site at the moment.
That's just utter nonsense. Not one single fan on here is 'sounding a bit spoilt'. NOBODY is asking for stupid money to be spent and signing half a new team. People are wanting the club to address the glaring weaknesses in the team that we still haven't addressed for 2-3 years! Needed a centre half for three years, even more importantly, needed a midfielder for three years! We still have not solved this issue. We've let contracts run down - Saiss, Mouts and Marcal are up in the summer, the Adama situation still is not solved yet - he should have either been sold by now or have signed. Instead the club have let it drift on. It is scandalously poor management, combined with the nonsense off the pitch with esports, rising ticket prices etc, you can't have a go at people for feeling very frustrated! Nobody is feeling 'spoilt' or wanting unreasonable requests. Fans just want the people at the top to do their jobs properly, which I don't think is much to ask. Nobody is 'spoilt' for wanting that. Nobody is 'spoilt' for wanting a new manager to be backed properly having been brought in only 6 month ago.

R

reanswolf

That's just utter nonsense. Not one single fan on here is 'sounding a bit spoilt'. NOBODY is asking for stupid money to be spent and signing half a new team. People are wanting the club to address the glaring weaknesses in the team that we still haven't addressed for 2-3 years! Needed a centre half for three years, even more importantly, needed a midfielder for three years! We still have not solved this issue. We've let contracts run down - Saiss, Mouts and Marcal are up in the summer, the Adama situation still is not solved yet - he should have either been sold by now or have signed. Instead the club have let it drift on. It is scandalously poor management, combined with the nonsense off the pitch with esports, rising ticket prices etc, you can't have a go at people for feeling very frustrated! Nobody is feeling 'spoilt' or wanting unreasonable requests. Fans just want the people at the top to do their jobs properly, which I don't think is much to ask. Nobody is 'spoilt' for wanting that. Nobody is 'spoilt' for wanting a new manager to be backed properly having been brought in only 6 month ago.
Bang on mate.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the above I think we can assume yet again this window is going to be like so many others, a great big disappointment.

R

reanswolf

Sadly I disagree. Jeff out, Fosun out are repeated constantly by a vocal minority. I Hope we strengthen, mf and cb for me but I am patient and relaxed about the future intentions of Fosun.
I havent seen anyone say Fosun out, Jeff out on here.Unless I have missed posts.
If they have done, its a very small and insignificant minority.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are wanting the club to address the glaring weaknesses in the team that we still haven't addressed for 2-3 years! Needed a centre half for three years, even more importantly, needed a midfielder for three years! We still have not solved this issue. We've let contracts run down - Saiss, Mouts and Marcal are up in the summer
Do we need a centre half? Have we done so for 2-3 years? I accept Boly is injured. Saiss has excelled this season. Presumable you haven't been keeping an eye on results, our defence is among the best in the Premiership this season. We have Dendonker and now Saunderson who can cover the position on the squad. As for midfield we currently have Morgan Gibbs White out on loan a decision I disagree with as I believe he is worth his place on the team. It looks like we will not be bringing him back to play for us this season. I'd be happy for the club to give contract extensions to the three players you mention but that can be decided over the summer unless Saiss excels to such an extent in the African Cup of Nations that a number of the top European clubs are looking to sign him. And then of course there is Jonny and Neto (and WB) to come back into the team if they can win back there places. Scott Sellars I believe is on record as saying that if a quality players becomes available the club will make a bid but not to expect too much this window.
So we have to wait until Summer. Why is that a big deal? Given that we are likely to have to fend off offers from a number of our main players are we not better investing in the future knowing what the club has to do to strengthen its position than making a few half baked signings currently to satisfy impatient fans like you.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said a month ago on here we won't get any signings of note in January. Loan players back and hopefully Neto, Jonny and Boly playing again in February. If we had those 3 + Sanderson at CB and Giles ( and Jimenez firing) we have, perhaps enough to finish top 10 (barring more injuries). That would be a decent finish imo esp considering the underwhelming summer 2021. We have not pushed on since our 2nd Prem season, which is disappointing, but Fosun have set out their stall and the way they intend to operate and as fans we either go and support someone else or we accept it.

R

reanswolf

Do we need a centre half? Have we done so for 2-3 years? I accept Boly is injured. Saiss has excelled this season. Presumable you haven't been keeping an eye on results, our defence is among the best in the Premiership this season. We have Dendonker and now Saunderson who can cover the position on the squad. As for midfield we currently have Morgan Gibbs White out on loan a decision I disagree with as I believe he is worth his place on the team. It looks like we will not be bringing him back to play for us this season. I'd be happy for the club to give contract extensions to the three players you mention but that can be decided over the summer unless Saiss excels to such an extent in the African Cup of Nations that a number of the top European clubs are looking to sign him. And then of course there is Jonny and Neto (and WB) to come back into the team if they can win back there places. Scott Sellars I believe is on record as saying that if a quality players becomes available the club will make a bid but not to expect too much this window.
So we have to wait until Summer. Why is that a big deal? Given that we are likely to have to fend off offers from a number of our main players are we not better investing in the future knowing what the club has to do to strengthen its position than making a few half baked signings currently to satisfy impatient fans like you.
Because it encourages our best players to leave, they perceive a lack of ambition. Especially after consecutive windows where issues are ignored. Neves will now more than likely push for a move, who next? Neto if he gets a run of games? Kilman? Jose Sa? Coady even?

May I ask if you have paid £700 for a ST? Genuine question and its not an implied criticism if you do not have one, especially if you still live in Limerick. But if you have shelled out hard earned cash and taken in their implied "trust us" comments, then it grates a bit that there is little urge to progress over a few windows.

Sorry, most of your post is well argued, but I don't agree that Summer Wolfs post showed unreasonable expectation nor impatience.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I find the idea we can't find a loan to buy upgrade over Donk, who Bruno clearly doesn't rate, laughable. CB i am fine with totally but another style of midfielder who progresses the ball more, not an attacking one but someone who can break the lines dribbling.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A number of flaws in your argument. Yes, we have a very good defence but we also need to plan ahead, what if Saiss doesn't sign? Also, you want to be looking to kick on in certain positions. A midfielder we need, MGW would be a squad player at best, never a first pick in a million years although agreed he shouldn't have gone on loan as we're so low on numbers.

Your point about 'waiting till the summer'. How long is that argument going to wash? We've been 'waiting for the summer' for a very long time, gets to summer... Oh. Didn't get what we needed.

Injured players returning. All good and well, but we don't know how they're going to be when they come back, particularly Jonny who's had two alarmingly bad injuries back to back. So therefore how can you come to the conclusion that we can rely on these players?

And no, it's not about "making half baked signings to satisfy an impatient person like you", utter rubbish. How about the recruitment team, the ownership and the board do their jobs properly, get deals lined up and get them over the line instead of trotting out the same old tiresome excuses. Then there'd be no need for 'half baked' signings. Nobody is impatient, just pointing out facts. If you can't see the obvious flaws at the top and the total lack of support for both the latter part of Nuno's reign and now Bruno's, I can't help you. If you think everything is hunky dory with this wafer thin squad and the manager getting no support, good for you. I guarantee if we 'wait till the summer' like you suggest and we go ahead and do nothing in the summer like we have the last few years, you'll be one of the first to complain.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spoilt? Definitely. Entitled? Yep, that too.

Maybe the owners who (in the last 4 years) have delivered promotion, 2 7th place finishes, Europe and have the club currently in 8th know a little bit more about running a successful club than people posting on this forum.

Your quotes "scandalously poor management" and wanting the "people at the top to do their jobs properly" mean I have to add "hysterical" too.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chinese owned companies rarely take kindly to outspoken employees!
Few companies do……anywhere.
I couldn’t believe my eyes what the new guy, Bruno, was saying last summer about needing players. I doubt Jeff okayed that. In fact, I bet Jeff was fuming.
Talk about painting your boss into a corner,

Last edited:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe the owners who (in the last 4 years) have delivered promotion, 2 7th place finishes, Europe and have the club currently in 8th know a little bit more about running a successful club than people posting on this forum.

Your quotes "scandalously poor management" and wanting the "people at the top to do their jobs properly" mean I have to add "hysterical" too.

The words "through one ear and out the other" spring to mind. Hysterical? Hysterical would be wanting them out. I don't, I just want them to do their jobs properly, which hasn't been the case for some time. I am not alone in that view either. You can be grateful what they have done for the first few years, but be disappointed at them seemingly throwing away all that good work since. The two aren't mutually exclusive or black and white you know. Incredibly short sighted and poorly articulated post, and incredibly naive to be honest. If you think all has been well behind the scenes for the last 18 months then well... head buried in the sand comes to mind. Be interested to know, like other posters have said, whether you actually fork out money on us week in week out? So who are you to tell other fans who actually do that, that they are "hysterical" for having concerns about the management?

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on mate!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just about as pro fosun as you can get on here, and irrespective of this window I’m glad they are our owners.

However, one thing no one seems to mention at the minute is the fact they did a fully choreographed video just this summer essentially telling everyone to trust them, have a plan, ambitions etc etc.

Right now, the only plan I can see, which they seem to be excelling with in all fairness, is appoint successive managers who can work wonders with a squad of 14 players. Lage is keeping them out the ****, let’s not dress it up any other way. He’s doing a phenomenal job all things considered.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find the idea we can't find a loan to buy upgrade over Donk, who Bruno clearly doesn't rate, laughable. CB i am fine with totally but another style of midfielder who progresses the ball more, not an attacking one but someone who can break the lines dribbling.

Tell me about it. It is bonkers. They are telling us they cant find a central midfield player that can do this when nearly every other Premier League side can! Just cant believe we have 3 senior central midfield players and there appears to me that yet again there is little or no urgency to strengthen this area of the squad.

I do wonder about our scouting system on occasions. How hard can it be to find a central midfield player? We've only been waiting for around 3 years!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Simple question. Do you think that the powers that be are showing sufficient ambition and backing for our head coach at present?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The injured players returning is a load of tosh. They will return and other will get injured that’s why you need a decent squad.

Worth pointing out that the likes of Neto, Mosquera, Jonny wont be playing until well into February in around 6 weeks or possibly more than that. Hwang also not available until February. A few injuries and Covid and we would be up **** creek in certain areas of the squad and have 5 keepers on the bench.

R

reanswolf

The words "through one ear and out the other" spring to mind. Hysterical? Hysterical would be wanting them out. I don't, I just want them to do their jobs properly, which hasn't been the case for some time. I am not alone in that view either. You can be grateful what they have done for the first few years, but be disappointed at them seemingly throwing away all that good work since. The two aren't mutually exclusive or black and white you know. Incredibly short sighted and poorly articulated post, and incredibly naive to be honest. If you think all has been well behind the scenes for the last 18 months then well... head buried in the sand comes to mind. Be interested to know, like other posters have said, whether you actually fork out money on us week in week out? So who are you to tell other fans who actually do that, that they are "hysterical" for having concerns about the management?
Bang on, again.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just about as pro fosun as you can get on here, and irrespective of this window I’m glad they are our owners.

However, one thing no one seems to mention at the minute is the fact they did a fully choreographed video just this summer essentially telling everyone to trust them, have a plan, ambitions etc etc.

Right now, the only plan I can see, which they seem to be excelling with in all fairness, is appoint successive managers who can work wonders with a squad of 14 players. Lage is keeping them out the ****, let’s not dress it up any other way. He’s doing a phenomenal job all things considered.

This! Bruno getting results is digging them out the ****, facts.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep. I havent forgotten that shambles of a video last summer. Seems that Bruno is being let down with what he wants. Appoint a new head coach and dont back him properly to get him playing the football he would like us to play is just so poor in my opinion.

There is no way that Bruno can be happy with the depth of the squad and having 3 senior central midfield players. Unfortunately he will now have to tow the company line by the looks of it.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 25970

“I need to understand the situation of the club”

Absolute joke.
That last sentence of the attachment confirms it for me.

Recall our loan players as we ain’t signing anybody!

Bruno recently said he wants a central defender, winger and striker in this window. Sanderson is his central defender, Giles is his winger and we may well sign Hwang permanently.

3 new players requested by Bruno all sorted!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to some, Fosun can seemingly do no wrong. All hail Jeff!

I can see why some still back Jeff and see no wrong in Fosun as they have been very good for us. My massive concern is what is the direction now though? They simply cannot keep holding off some real investment much longer or we will end up going backwards very quickly if we arent careful.

The summer is a big concern for me. Lack of decent investment could see us in a real struggle if we arent careful. Several players still out of contract, Adama either gone or 12 months left, Neves will be getting bids as could others.
It just feels to me like all of the real ambition has gone and they are treading water now.

We are lucky that Bruno has done well and certain players havent got injured or we would have been up **** creek this season.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The words "through one ear and out the other" spring to mind. Hysterical? Hysterical would be wanting them out. I don't, I just want them to do their jobs properly, which hasn't been the case for some time. I am not alone in that view either. You can be grateful what they have done for the first few years, but be disappointed at them seemingly throwing away all that good work since. The two aren't mutually exclusive or black and white you know. Incredibly short sighted and poorly articulated post, and incredibly naive to be honest. If you think all has been well behind the scenes for the last 18 months then well... head buried in the sand comes to mind. Be interested to know, like other posters have said, whether you actually fork out money on us week in week out? So who are you to tell other fans they are "hysterical" for having concerns about the management?
Been a fan since the old 4th division so loving see the best team of my wolves supporting life. Been too see wolves at Aldershot, Crawley town and a molineux with only two sides. Applied to Wolverhampton uni (3 hours away), with no intention of studying there, just for an excuse to go and see the ground. Which I did. Sorry Mum. Dad would understand and secretly I think he knew on the drive up. My first kit was a shockingly badly made scoreline kit with socks that didn't even stretch over my shinpads did to the **** nature of the material. The patches fell off too and the shorts were too tight. Bought some merchandise it off a wooden hut in the carpark which was the club shop. Convinced two mates to take in wolves v Gillingham on the way back from Hartlepool v Brighton (I live 20 mins from Brighton). My mates car got broken into in the Fox hotel car park (don't ask). We won 5-0. Went to Bristol away the day of the three pigs in my own and avoided a bearing by pretending I was a 20 years old son of what looked like a 30 year old Dad Bristol city supporter with his toddler son. Went to see England schoolboys v someone in 89 or 90 at Wembley and almost cried because i was able to buy a Sherpa van final scarf for 20p. I still have the scarf. I couldn't get play off final tickets and was round a mates house watching it. I was so nervous I was drinking at the times the speed of everyone else and I think I did follow through with the crying that day.

I don't have a season ticket though so feel free to ignore my views.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a fan since the old 4th division so loving see the best team of my wolves supporting life. Been too see wolves at Aldershot, Crawley town and a molineux with only two sides. Applied to Wolverhampton uni (3 hours away), with no intention of studying there, just for an excuse to go and see the ground. Which I did. Sorry Mum. Dad would understand and secretly I think he knew on the drive up. My first kit was a shockingly badly made scoreline kit with socks that didn't even stretch over my shinpads did to the **** nature of the material. The patches fell off too and the shorts were too tight. Bought some merchandise it off a wooden hut in the carpark which was the club shop. Convinced two mates to take in wolves v Gillingham on the way back from Hartlepool v Brighton (I live 20 mins from Brighton). My mates car got broken into in the Fox hotel car park (don't ask). We won 5-0. Went to Bristol away the day of the three pigs in my own and avoided a bearing by pretending I was a 20 years old son of what looked like a 30 year old Dad Bristol city supporter with his toddler son. Went to see England schoolboys v someone in 89 or 90 at Wembley and almost cried because i was able to buy a Sherpa van final scarf for 20p. I still have the scarf. I couldn't get play off final tickets and was round a mates house watching it. I was so nervous I was drinking at the times the speed of everyone else and I think I did follow through with the crying that day.

I don't have a season ticket though so feel free to ignore my views.
Good for you, many of us have supported longer home and away, even managed to get tickets for games including Sherpa Van Final, and fundamentally disagree with your comment " Spoilt? Definitely. Entitled? Yep, that too".

Have a season ticket so plaese feel free to ignore my views.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple question. Do you think that the powers that be are showing sufficient ambition and backing for our head coach at present?
Your question is flawed.
Who decides what’s ‘sufficient ambition’? What’s the criteria?

And Wolves DID back Bruno in the last window…….they offered him players but he didn’t want them.
So, Bruno chose not to increase the squad.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your question is flawed.
Who decides what’s ‘sufficient ambition’? What’s the criteria?

And Wolves DID back Bruno in the last window…….they offered him players but he didn’t want them.
So, Bruno chose not to increase the squad.
And how do you know they did back Bruno other than press gossip you dismiss unless supportive of your anal support?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great post. You could have added ‘ungrateful cretins’ but I’m sure the mods would’ve edited you.

Back
Top Bottom