Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BACK BRUNO NOW

R

reanswolf

Weve done ok this season, with the trust us statement, haven't we ..top half just beat Man utd away for the first time in 40 years..... season ticket prices going up at a Premier League club...come on ...it happens at them all...you think Chelsea, man utd and Liverpool are full of working class fans who have followed them for 40 years...I understand you sentiment but it's unfortunately a consequence of the business we are in....it's not right and the way the game is going is a concern...but dont not make out it's just wolves...
Some fans have no comprehension how hard some of the wolves employees work, the constant snipping at them on social media is a discrace...it's that bad they have to ask their manager to say something a few days ago....how do you know we left everything to the last minute, was you there......transfer stuff normally comes to peak a end, driven by the media etc...it's all part of the 24 hours news coverage..

The way our fans react to simple announcements such as the cancellation of the arsenal game, cause of covid.....did you see the Twitter feed and the ****ers on it slagging the club off...I'm not supprised they don't inform fans of plans etc........ some fans might be frustrated, some might not , that life, making statement constantly isn't gonna change that....
Mate all genuine frustrations, but I don't do ****ter. The staff that may get sniping against are top paid people, I'm afraid that comes with the territory. Change jobs if you don't like it.

The ST pricing is a disgrace IMO, our cheapest adult ST price is now one of the highest in the premiership and WWFC were just about the 'only club in English football' to hike prices after the epidemic. Thats what I compare against.

We all work hard mate, many people have given up holidays or other things to pay £600-£700 for a ST. Not many clubs charge that much for a ST (as their cheapest available). I do understand its a business but I don't like being fleeced, and personally I do have that feeling a bit because I know they can play on our emotions.

I do think that communication is an important thing though, I know sometimes it feels that they can never win but as a paying customer, I would like to have full understanding of situations (within constraints obviously), and if you fail to explain as a club, then don't complain when people discuss and sumise on social media based on what they read in the press.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yawn
The signing of the Japanese lad is low risk, whether he plays for us in the future or not.
Opening up the cheque book in january is very rarely a good idea for most clubs.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why it's such a shock.

Sell to buy, buy young. Etc been the same for how ****ing long now

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure you will find all of the answers here…

57 pages of ‘thoughts’ of Mixers

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts

Another baseless, negative, moaning post.
Yawn
The signing of the Japanese lad is low risk, whether he plays for us in the future or not.
Opening up the cheque book in january is very rarely a good idea for most clubs.
My cup is half full still especially after Man Utd result. No negative thoughts at all for the Wolves team..
Its Fosun's cups that are seeming half empty now with no ambitions for the future it appears for WWFC?
Whereas Vanilla down the road look more ambitious by going after Coutinho it appears by reports!

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
How many nights since Wolves out played ManU @ Cold Trafford......and here we are, throwing more grumbles in the mixer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate all genuine frustrations, but I don't do ****ter. The staff that may get sniping against are top paid people, I'm afraid that comes with the territory. Change jobs if you don't like it.

The ST pricing is a disgrace IMO, our cheapest adult ST price is now one of the highest in the premiership and WWFC were just about the 'only club in English football' to hike prices after the epidemic. Thats what I compare against.

We all work hard mate, many people have given up holidays or other things to pay £600-£700 for a ST. Not many clubs charge that much for a ST (as their cheapest available). I do understand its a business but I don't like being fleeced, and personally I do have that feeling a bit because I know they can play on our emotions.

I do think that communication is an important thing though, I know sometimes it feels that they can never win but as a paying customer, I would like to have full understanding of situations (within constraints obviously), and if you fail to explain as a club, then don't complain when people discuss and sumise on social media based on what they read in the press.
If that's how the club makes you feel then fine...it's not how it makes me feel......am I happy with everything they do No....do I get fuked off with everything they do No.........but I just don't get all the doom n gloom....there wasn't this much moaning when we was in league 1....

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it was a bad thing beating Man Utd at Old Trafford 1st time in 41 + years..

Fosun have got the wrong impression that our squad is big and good enough to still get to a European place..

Taking no notice whats so ever about Bruno's wishes to build a stronger and better PL squad and team :(

R

reanswolf

If that's how the club makes you feel then fine...it's not how it makes me feel......am I happy with everything they do No....do I get fuked off with everything they do No.........but I just don't get all the doom n gloom....there wasn't this much moaning when we was in league 1....
Mate its not how I feel 'overall' about the club. You brought up specific things. But its how I feel about the ST pricing (its been a topic favourite of mine for years). I have praised Fosun endlessly and am grateful. It doesnt however, make them exempt from criticism in what is a highly emotive and now very expensive passtime and sport. Though for balance, I recognise that it is a business, but its a sports business which is unique.

It doesnt matter where your club is , people will always see good and bad in some things I guess and they most certainly will always highlight frustrations on forums. At the game, where it really matters, people support the club 100% at present and that is crucial.

People come in all shapes and sizes, and have different levels of care or passion that is reflected in their anxieties about the club, but we all love Wolves though not necessarily the people who are transient owners. A forum where everything seemed hunky dory would be worthless after all. And it's human nature in sport, wherever you stand in the League, to want to improve. It's what drives every fan in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it was a bad thing beating Man Utd at Old Trafford 1st time in 41 + years..

Fosun have got the wrong impression that our squad is big and good enough to still get to a European place..

Taking no notice whats so ever about Bruno's wishes to build a stronger and better PL squad and team :(

That’s partly why I’ve lost my rag with the statement from Sellars. It smacks of opportunism. The team gets a fantastic result, and fans are over the moon, so on the back of it, they put out a statement that basically says it’s unlikely we will sign anyone in January despite what Bruno asked for. Scott and Jeff can stick their statement where the sun doesn’t shine.

bigwolf

Reaction score
The clamour for the purchase of a number of ‘quality’ additions fail to understand the clubs transfer strategy. We don’t buy established stars, we buy players who have scope for development. Even in the Championship whilst Jota and Neves were seen as having great potential they’d not set the world alight the previous season, neither had Boly, Barry Douglas, Miranda and NDye who we bought that winning season. This means that all of our transfers are a gamble to some extent and players we will sign are likely to be young and not necessarily tested at the Premier League level. Yes we signed Rui and Moutinho but they were at a reduced fee in the case of Moutinho and we took advantage of Rui’s situation. But they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Secondly, since Fosun came in we have not done huge amounts in January. Afobe, Podence spring to mind but in the case of the latter we indicated we were going to sign him in the summer but moved early to fend off others. We got Jose on loan last year but that was to address the Jimenez situation, other than that I can’t remember any one else and certainly anyone that has made a massive immediate impact, even Podence spent the first 2 months on the bench and only really played that season because of lock down.

Finally, we have invested and made a big deal of the academy. One of the criticisms of Nuno was that he largely ignored the Academy and preferred to look outside or stick with a tight 1st team squad. If we buy 2,3 or 4 new players to go straight into the first team or first team squad that blocks young players who are potentially coming through. We get another Midfielder and Cundle, Jordao go back in the queue. Similarly, a new Centre Half that pushes back the likes of Sanderson, Ljonwjk (my spelling) etc. these players may not be quite ready this season but they may be next season or even the season after. I am sure that the discussions with Bruno on transfers was asking him whether he’d looked internally before looking externally. We brought back players from their loan clubs in the November international break for him to have a look at and we’ve done the same with Gomes during their winter break. It makes sense but not something we’d done previously.

The other factor to take account of is that we have Neto, Jonny and Mosquera to come back from injury. We don’t know how fit/ready they’ll
be but I’m sure the club will be able to.

I can see us getting a forward to compete with Jimenez and Fabio going out on loan, we might get a midfielder but neither will necessarily be established names and are likely to be loans with options rather than straight purchases as there isn’t the value in January.

I know this will annoy some posters and the same people will rant and rave against Fosun and the club and make exaggerated statements about how their world is going to hell in a handcart and that the CCP aren’t allowing Fosun to spend. Other conspiracy theories will be brought in as well as they trawl the internet for information that supports their preconceived prejudices. In reality nothing has changed and it’s quite simple to follow Fosun’s strategy. They gamble but not recklessly, they’re not going to spend more than they can afford, spending £25m/£30m more than you earn creates a £100m - £120m debt in 4 years which has to be paid back. They are a business not a sugar daddy on an ego trip (we’ve had two of them and didn’t get us far) and they’re not a foreign country looking to create a bit of positive imagery so they’re not going to throw money at Wolves regardless.

This post is far too sensible to be on here.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate its not how I feel overall about the club. But its how I feel about the ST pricing (its been a topic favourite of mine for years). I have praised Fosun endlessly and am grateful. It doesnt however, make them exempt from criticism in what is a highly emotive and now very expensive passtime and sport. Though for balance, I recognise that it is a business, but its a sports business which is unique.

It doesnt matter where your club is , people will always see good and bad in some things I guess and they most certainly will always highlight frustrations on forums. At the game, where it really matters, people support the club 100% at present and that is crucial.

People come in all shapes and sizes, and have different levels of care or passion that is reflected in their anxieties about the club, but we all love Wolves though not necessarily the people who are transient owners. A forum where everything seemed hunky dory would be worthless after all. And it's human nature in sport, wherever you stand in the League, to want to improve. It's what drives every fan in the world.
I don't disagree with what you are saying about season ticket etc...I'm a bit lucky as the increase hasnt affected me really ...but nw doubt it has to some....I only have to pay for myself as well so I also have sympathy for fans with kids etc..

Despite having the access to all away games i haven't done many this season....couldn't stand the moaning at the first couple so decided not to go...

I would have liked a couple of signings but I would also like to see us give a couple of the youngsters a chance if we need them....we found kilman cause didn't sign a centre back....cant see why we need a forward when Fabio isn't getting any game time....but we all see things differently...

But it could be worse we could be Man utd...

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Well that’s the way you interpret the evidence.
I mean the’ve got us to 7th twice, a FA semi and the quarter finals in Europa and we’re currently in 8th.
Not too shabby for someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Wolves have a pretty decent side out side of the top 6 and they didn’t find those players in a cabbage patch.
Nuno, Jorge, Lawrie, Kevin … the people who knew what they were doing. Jeff and Scott don’t have a clue.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Well perhaps if Scott ****ing Sellars didn’t basically say we’re not signing any players we wouldn’t get ****ed off?
What a ****** he is!!!

If we’re not signing anyone - so be it, but he’s presenting it as ‘we could sign people but we’re super clever and have come up with a much better strategy’

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weve done ok this season, with the trust us statement, haven't we ..top half just beat Man utd away for the first time in 40 years..... season ticket prices going up at a Premier League club...come on ...it happens at them all...you think Chelsea, man utd and Liverpool are full of working class fans who have followed them for 40 years...I understand you sentiment but it's unfortunately a consequence of the business we are in....it's not right and the way the game is going is a concern...but dont not make out it's just wolves...
Some fans have no comprehension how hard some of the wolves employees work, the constant snipping at them on social media is a discrace...it's that bad they have to ask their manager to say something a few days ago....how do you know we left everything to the last minute, was you there......transfer stuff normally comes to peak a end, driven by the media etc...it's all part of the 24 hours news coverage..

The way our fans react to simple announcements such as the cancellation of the arsenal game, cause of covid.....did you see the Twitter feed and the ****ers on it slagging the club off...I'm not supprised they don't inform fans of plans etc........ some fans might be frustrated, some might not , that life, making statement constantly isn't gonna change that....
Love this.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s partly why I’ve lost my rag with the statement from Sellars. It smacks of opportunism. The team gets a fantastic result, and fans are over the moon, so on the back of it, they put out a statement that basically says it’s unlikely we will sign anyone in January despite what Bruno asked for. Scott and Jeff can stick their statement where the sun doesn’t shine.
Totally agree.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe we had any intention of spending money last summer, or the year before, despite the rumours about Botman and Sanches. Fosun have got what they wanted, the HS2 contract, so no need to invest any more.

I don't buy the 'create space for u-23s' ******xx'. We are considered 'safe' this year, and after the brilliant result against a very poor United team, its the perfect time to come clean and admit no more signings.

At least we know where we stand. I prefer this than being lied to like the last window. People can vote with their feet in the summer.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I don't believe we had any intention of spending money last summer, or the year before, despite the rumours about Botman and Sanches. Fosun have got what they wanted, the HS2 contract, so no need to invest any more.

I don't buy the 'create space for u-23s' ******xx'. We are considered 'safe' this year, and after the brilliant result against a very poor United team, its the perfect time to come clean and admit no more signings.

At least we know where we stand. I prefer this than being lied to like the last window. People can vote with their feet in the summer.
Don’t worry come the summer Tim Spiers will be nudged by Jeff to say we are looking to give Bruno the team he wants only to actually do **** all once the price increase for the season tickets have been paid for.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has managed to galvanise what was a tired looking squad after such a hard hit season
last year. Of the additions, Sa has been transformative, the others so so. So he has worked
his magic with close to the same players.

In terms of Wolves' overall strategy as it has been spelt out several times since 2016, Wolves
have attained the platform to take the next step to challenge the top 6. Its an incredibly exciting moment.

What a time to dampen expectations!! What a way to undermine all Bruno's good work and
demoralise the squad.

Seems so counter-productive, maybe its just tactics.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it’s this:

- Bruno says the squad needs additions and highlights the positions he needs (as he did last window)
- Clubs then know what we are after and the price goes up (Botman as an example)
- Bruno has been told to shut it
- Bruno gives his statement
- Sellars dampens the expectation
- We carry on in the background trying to get deals done

If the squad didn’t need bolstering we wouldn’t have been close to Botman and Sanchez.

We will get a deal or two done. I’m absolutely convinced of it.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has managed to galvanise what was a tired looking squad after such a hard hit season
last year. Of the additions, Sa has been transformative, the others so so. So he has worked
his magic with close to the same players.

In terms of Wolves' overall strategy as it has been spelt out several times since 2016, Wolves
have attained the platform to take the next step to challenge the top 6. Its an incredibly exciting moment.

What a time to dampen expectations!! What a way to undermine all Bruno's good work and
demoralise the squad.

Seems so counter-productive, maybe its just tactics.
You don't believe that was really their intention do you? They told us what we wanted to hear.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it’s this:

- Bruno says the squad needs additions and highlights the positions he needs (as he did last window)
- Clubs then know what we are after and the price goes up (Botman as an example)

If the squad didn’t need bolstering we wouldn’t have been close to Botman and Sanchez.

Funny how our medical team claimed Sanches could be out until January yet he came back exactly when Lille said he would.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how our medical team claimed Sanches could be out until January yet he came back exactly when Lille said he would.

... so you think we got our medical team to take a look at a player, just so that there would be paper talk about signing him?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

If FOSUN/Jeff don’t want to spend any cash or improve the squad anymore, what do they actually want with us? The badge, the tv money, player trading.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our medical team never looked at him. We were told by his club that he was out until January.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he didn't say that did he

He did more or less say that. He said that we already have a large squad if you factor in the players on loan, and those injured and coming back, and they like to have a small first team squad that provides opportunities for all to play and for young players to come through. He near as damn it said we are not looking to sign any new first team players.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did more or less say that. He said that we already have a large squad if you factor in the players on loan, and those injured and coming back, and they like to have a small first team squad that provides opportunities for all to play and for young players to come through. He near as damn it said we are not looking to sign any new first team players.

“Like any manager, Bruno is always looking to improve his squad and bring new players in, and better players, which would always be our target."

“As Bruno mentioned in the press after our win over Manchester United, our communication is constant, we speak a lot, we understand what he wants, and he knows what our principles are. Ultimately, we’ve got to be ready for whatever comes up.”

Sounds like they're on the same page as Bruno. And we know Bruno wants more signings, and to give us the squad "we want", because he barely goes a week without reiterating it.

People are just frothing at the mouth because SS hasn't come out and said "WE'RE GOING SHOPPING".

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the incompetent glorified youth coach’s statement, it looks like the project is well and truly over. I’ll give it until the end of the month in case it is bluffing tactics but I fear it is not. As far as I am concerned I can accept mistakes, I can even accept people being useless to an extent, but I don’t accept being lied to or taken advantage of. If Wolves had come out and said ‘we don’t intend to spend any money this year’ then fine. At least it is being honest. To go and increase the ticket prices during the biggest crisis of our lifetimes is bad. To then deceive people by portraying it in such a way as to claim it will allow us to compete with other teams, but then in turn generate a transfer profit, is an absolute disgrace. It’s disgusting on so many levels.

If Wolves end this transfer window without any sort of financial backing for the manager, then that will be the last penny I spend at wolves until Fosun are gone, or Jeff Shi and Fat Vinny as a minimum. I know people did it over Moxey (I wasn’t one) but I respect their choice and I will do the same thing over this. All 4 season tickets of mine will be gone, I won’t spend a single penny in the club shop, and as for that ticket cash bull**** they sent me today, they can stick that up their **** too. This short sighted behaviour from Jeff/Fosun will not only cost us a European place, but it will cost us our best players and it will cost them financially in the long run.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fee for a player doesn't in any way equate to success.

The fees we've paid for Sa, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Moutinho and Neves combined are less than the total fee for Silva.

The club can't win in some respects. The fees for Silva and Semedo are constantly used to beat them with which must make them reluctant to spend big on players, even though if both go on to have good careers with us, longer term, the fees are justified.

Can't help thinking we'd be better off looking for bargains that go on to surprise some people, just like Sa and Kilman have done this season. Perhaps we need to get used to signing players like Mosquera and Kawabe.
Too sensible a post is that for the mix mate.

T

TheConcourse

To me it’s this:

I really hope you’re right. Sellars is talking about the squad when everyone is fit. How often is that the case?

Desperately short on numbers and quality in some areas.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

And if we extrapolate from this clever excuse then no club ever needs to sign anyone. Ever. Clever.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have been good owners.
Especially in the early days.
They've given us some of the best times in a couple of generations.

However they've severely ****housed the fans in the last 6 windows. I think they've been disingenuous with the 'activity'.

Leaving dealings until 10.59 on deadline day then claiming that the selling club has (justifiably) increased the price.

It's just *******s, absolutely *******s.
If we don't get the business done early i will have severe reservations that we have any serious intentions or just more ****housery.

I'm also ****ed off that the main reason is a certain £35m gamble. Furious.

Back
Top Bottom