Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Takeover

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dimwit- stupid or silly person. Jordan can be called many things but stupid or silly? I find him erudite,informed,interesting etc. My opinion of course.
The only person worth listening to on TalkSport.
I am sure that if I met him I would not like him, but he does know his stuff with respect to the football industry.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be exciting for their fans now regardless of anything. Fosun have the funds to get us in a position to make a big impact in the top flight just like Newcastles owners, for whatever reason they arent doing it. It looked so promising for the first 2 seasons and it appears to me they have got complacent.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be exciting for their fans now regardless of anything. Fosun have the funds to get us in a position to make a big impact in the top flight just like Newcastles owners, for whatever reason they arent doing it. It looked so promising for the first 2 seasons and it appears to me they have got complacent.
Complacency would mean they feel we have enough to push to the next level with what we have. I just dont buy that. IMO they've gone as far as they want to go and will cash in given the right opportunity.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complacency would mean they feel we have enough to push to the next level with what we have. I just dont buy that. IMO they've gone as far as they want to go and will cash in given the right opportunity.

I think they thought our upward trajectory would keep going like it did, thats where i think they got complacent. I dont see them cashing in tbh, they are developing so many areas of the club it wouldnt make sense for them to just walk away.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
I cant argue with your comment but my points are against the hypocricy and selective double standards of some of our political lefty fans who seek to take massive umbrage (and spread a lot of fake news) about Saudi/Qatari/Emirati regimes while closer to our Molineux home they are quite happy to completely turn a blind eye to the many wrongs of the Chinese regime that tacitly supports our own club owners.

Personally I'm a lot happier watching quality players like Moutinho & Co plying their trade at Molineux than I was watching Neill Collins & co. I'm quite happy what Fosun have done so far at Wolves and if Newcastle rock up at Molineux next season with a star studded line up funded by Saudi petrodollars then I'll just stand there and enjoy the game alongside 30,000 others without attempting to put the world to rights.
You're insane.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think Fosun have realised that unless you build up the self sustainable elements of the club (alongside an injection of cash) then you will just continually be funding a dream and the money soon runs out (ask Derby)
I expect the geordies to do a mix of both (like we are) however their fan base and world appeal after years in the prem gives them a huge head start… apparently they can splurge £190M and be within FFP rules

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think Fosun have realised that unless you build up the self sustainable elements of the club (alongside an injection of cash) then you will just continually be funding a dream and the money soon runs out (ask Derby)
I expect the geordies to do a mix of both (like we are) however their fan base and world appeal after years in the prem gives them a huge head start… apparently they can splurge £190M and be within FFP rules
They can spend 190m but that effects their knock on spend the following season..... Just like when fulham spent over 100m if they are in a relegation scrap still come January newcastle have to play this very carefully

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
MasWolf said:
So who reckons Newcastle will be after some of our players in the next few windows?
Adama I would think maybe 50m won’t sign a new deal here!!
or jumping in to steal players we are interested in signing, Man City and United's money stole top players we near enough had signed.
can see this happening again,

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be less nervous about them taking our players but more nervous about them taking our targets. Boubacar Kamara was linked with them on transfer deadline day like we were. Could imagine the likes of Botman would also be more interested in them than us.
That's an excellent point!

Lycaon

Reaction score
Sacked and gets 8million.. :oops: Just car understand what he's worried about.FFS.
I agree, Steve Bruce has absolutely nothing to worry about! Possibly a fractious working relationship with Mike Ashley coupled with the fact their fans hate him.

We’ll played Mr Bruce!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they do come in for any of our players then we should get more than top dollar for them.

Newcastle may even help spark a bidding war

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ashley essentially ran Newcastle in a similar manner to Jizz running Wolves. In both cases that made the club attractive to buy with respect to FFP.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, Steve Bruce has absolutely nothing to worry about! Possibly a fractious working relationship with Mike Ashley coupled with the fact their fans hate him.

We’ll played Mr Bruce!
If Ashley pitches up at Derby l doubt that Shrek will stay too long.... Next job for Bruce?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you have to have a top four then why not Newcastle , Man City , Chelsea and another .
Like to see Man Utd , Liverpool and Arsenal fighting to avoid being also rans.
Having lived with Ashley for 14 years , who was worse than Moxey , they deserve some respite.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brucie is 60 and apparently will get an £8 million pay off if Newcastle sack him. I'd retire and enjoy myself, what about you?
I would personally but Bruce seems to have the football bug... Just look at Woy retiring in his 80s and Colin still managing well into his 70s... I suspect Mick is another who will work as long as he can....

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brucie is 60 and apparently will get an £8 million pay off if Newcastle sack him. I'd retire and enjoy myself, what about you?
Football today has passed that generation and the likes of the Bruces' etc, Think I'd say thanks and head for my pipe and slippers.:)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they thought our upward trajectory would keep going like it did, thats where i think they got complacent. I dont see them cashing in tbh, they are developing so many areas of the club it wouldnt make sense for them to just walk away.
It feels to me like what happened at Sunderland and Villa under their previous owners. New men come in with lots of talk about winning things. Spend loads of money and finish well in the Premier League. Then dawns the realisation that they need to spend the amount they've spent again AT LEAST to have any chance of improving, and interest starts to wane,

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily Mail: Steve Bruce to be sacked as Newcastle manager by the club's new owners this week.

I can't help but wish that Spuds absolutely stuff them next weekend... A real "welcome to the PL".... Who they will get to sign if they are in the bottom 3 in Jan will be interesting....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derbyshire Live: 'Perspective' - Derby County fans respond as Mike Ashley linked with shock takeover.

Most Derby fans seem pretty pragmatic...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Daily Mail: Steve Bruce to be sacked as Newcastle manager by the club's new owners this week.

I can't help but wish that Spuds absolutely stuff them next weekend... A real "welcome to the PL".... Who they will get to sign if they are in the bottom 3 in Jan will be interesting....
Please God! I wanna see Newcastle 0 Spurs 5. I think that Amanda Whatsername has been talking total crap, Sounds like she knows about as much about football as.... Jeff Shi?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got to say I would love it if Spurs took Newcastle apart next weekend. I am getting sick and tired of all this crap on them now. If you think we have entitled fans then think again. Take a look at Newcastle fans!

Back
Top Bottom