Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’re going down

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not going down but anything higher than 14th would be a surprise as things stand. However, we are only a couple of serious injuries away from that situation deteriorating and a struggle to keep out of the bottom three and a dangerous relegation fight. Neto and Jonny returning at the end of the year or early 2022 may give us just enough to reach 14th or 15th. Norwich will surely go down but we are among six other clubs in danger of joining them. Burnley, Watford, Southampton, Newcastle look vulnerable too. Palace and Brighton seem to have enough to step out of that pack for now.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't lose, the game ended in a draw. A penalty shoot out is a lottery and has zero bearing on the game itself.
Just checked on the BBC Sport website and it says ' Tottenham edge past Wolves on penalties'. Suggests to me that Spuds won the match and will be in the 5th round draw. :rolleyes:
I love this 'penalty shoot is a lottery' nonsense. Surely penalty conversion rates are governed by a number of things, such as skill, nerve, confidence, accuracy and the like. All attributes that can be improved with practice and dedication, whereas a lottery is a matter of blind luck! Spurs penalties were heaps better than ours and had nothing to do with luck. Ours were generally pants!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checked on the BBC Sport website and it says ' Tottenham edge past Wolves on penalties'. Suggests to me that Spuds won the match and will be in the 5th round draw. :rolleyes:
I love this 'penalty shoot is a lottery' nonsense. Surely penalty conversion rates are governed by a number of things, such as skill, nerve, confidence, accuracy and the like. All attributes that can be improved with practice and dedication, whereas a lottery is a matter of blind luck! Spurs penalties were heaps better than ours and had nothing to do with luck. Ours were generally pants!

The report can suggest what it wants, the game ended in a draw. As for pens, fair enough, lottery isn't the right word but it is completely correct to say they have no bearing on the previous 90 minutes.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half terrified me, some of the defending was embarrassing. Worried Mosquera is this seasons Marcal to be honest.

Much brighter second half, but again we’re so reliant on Traore. Penalties weren’t great.

Still very worried!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You all wanted Bruno and you've got him so stay behind him. He's inherited a poor squad and we knew before he came in that he had no money to make many changes.
Far far far too much focus on Portuguese imo, until that changes we won't progress to the next level.
Are we relegation contenders, yes for sure...

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s got to go to a back 4. ASAP

We don't have the centre backs for it unfortunately. None of them are good enough to play in a pairing. That's why the transfer window was so poor. We also only have three midfielders, so wouldn't be able to rotate at all if we went three in midfield.

Bruno was badly let down by the club in the transfer window, despite asking for all these things several times publicly. Now the fans are getting on his back, which is a shame.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The report can suggest what it wants, the game ended in a draw. As for pens, fair enough, lottery isn't the right word but it is completely correct to say they have no bearing on the previous 90 minutes.
Or any relevance to the possibility of relegation. As far as I know there are no shoot outs in the PL?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon if their goalkeeper popped off for a comfort break during the penalty shootout, we'd still miss.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Next 5 games...Saints, Newcastle, Villa , Leeds and Everton.... I'm seeing no more than 4 points from those, meaning 7 points after 10 games
Not looking too crash hot for Bruno ball then....
We could conceivably get zero points from that lot. I don’t think we will but I expect a low number.

I also expect Bruno to look a lot like Nuno did last year during those games

Our only hope as I see it is if Raul suddenly clicks in front of goal or if Jonny magically heals and plays a few before going back to Spain.

If that happens then there is a chance we might match last seasons 13th place finish, but it’s unlikely.

Does anyone honestly think it’s going to be fun or entertaining or enjoyable watching us in those next five games?

It definitely isn’t.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't have the centre backs for it unfortunately. None of them are good enough to play in a pairing. That's why the transfer window was so poor. We also only have three midfielders, so wouldn't be able to rotate at all if we went three in midfield.

Bruno was badly let down by the club in the transfer window, despite asking for all these things several times publicly. Now the fans are getting on his back, which is a shame.
Kilman and boly are but agreed - we should have signed a cb. Ludicrous

Yeah can’t fault Bruno. 3-4 quality signings. We got him 0

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
You all wanted Bruno and you've got him so stay behind him. He's inherited a poor squad and we knew before he came in that he had no money to make many changes.
Far far far too much focus on Portuguese imo, until that changes we won't progress to the next level.
Are we relegation contenders, yes for sure...
Did we all want Bruno Lage? None of us had heared of him.

Really wish people would consider whether there is any factual correctness before stating something.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be amazed if we stop up , this squad needed investment and without it we have put ourselves in a world of trouble.
Got to agree with this and I'm amazed that Shi didn't realise this and the impact relegation will have on their "investment".....

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking on Oddschecker/Betfair this morning, Wolves are a best priced 6/1 to go down. That makes us 8th in the betting, with Norwich odds-on and Burnley, Watford and Newcastle around evens. We're 3/1 to finish in the top half and Bruno is 14/1 to be the next manager sacked.
Watching the first 35 minutes last night 6/1 was the Bet of the Century. Watch the next 35 minutes and you think, "3/1 for the top half? Not bad."
And that is the whole bloody problem. Which Wolves will turn up at 2pm on Sunday? None of us have a clue...

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be amazed if we stop up , this squad needed investment and without it we have put ourselves in a world of trouble.
I think they are good enough but confidence is a real problem. It’s Nuno’s team, players who were not brought in to play an expansive system. And players who were not known for their goal scoring abilities, Raul aside.

So when they embrace Bruno’s system will full enthusiasm and show early signs of promise the goals just don’t go in. Confidence then begins to drop. Nice footie but a glass jaw team when the going gets tough. At least we got two goals last night against a pretty much PL first XI team.

Obvious statement but if we can start scoring regularly we will easily stay up but Bruno does need the players who can play his system.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and boly are but agreed - we should have signed a cb. Ludicrous

Yeah can’t fault Bruno. 3-4 quality signings. We got him 0

Kilman and Boly played together in a back 4 last season and it was a disaster. Neither of them are communicators. Coady is the only communicator we have from our centre backs, which is why he is so important despite being a weakness defensively.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we all want Bruno Lage? None of us had heared of him.

Really wish people would consider whether there is any factual correctness before stating something.
As soon as his name was mentioned and his named googled then yes.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spotted the thread as I went looking for the Villa one.

Some cracking comments in here (myself very much included). Amazing what a month can do in football. I was avoiding every mention of Wolves after Brentford deservedly beat us. I went to a family party that night and got royally drunk.

Now, one month later, I'm consuming absolutely every bit of football content I can find. I bloody love watching Wolves when we are on a good run of form. Considering where we were (mentally) last month, a huge amount of credit has to go to Bruno for turning it around. The football has been lacking at times, but results have been perfect.

I confidently feel we are NOT going down!

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Some cracking comments in here (myself very much included). Amazing what a month can do in football. I was avoiding every mention of Wolves after Brentford deservedly beat us. I went to a family party that night and got royally drunk.

Now, one month later, I'm consuming absolutely every bit of football content I can find. I bloody love watching Wolves when we are on a good run of form. Considering where we were (mentally) last month, a huge amount of credit has to go to Bruno for turning it around. The football has been lacking at times, but results have been perfect.

Be interesting to read again in a months time. Some winnable games coming up ( I know, I know) Burnley, Norwich,West Ham, Leeds, Palace (in no order)

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm cautiously optimistic. Lot of tests coming up..

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to read again in a months time. Some winnable games coming up ( I know, I know) Burnley, Norwich,West Ham, Leeds, Palace (in no order)
It will be more interesting after the Xmas programme when we will have played 22 games. After the winnable games you mention (plus Everton not mentioned) we've got (again in no order) a pretty tough run of games bearing in mind we never beat Burnley / Brighton

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Burnley
Brighton
Watford

If we can come out of those 14 games with 20 points (no reason why not) then happy days. November is a crucial month as it will set the scene for those 8 December / early Jan games and we want to go into those with high confidence.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DONT BLOODY JINX IT

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you sir , @Kebab Warrior , aka, “we’re going down” are the instigator. You’re the OP.
Its like Schrödinger’s cat ,once you put it out there that we‘re going down…..then it will happen. ;)
If only you hadn’t said it…….
Technically the cats health status is in an uncertain wave state until you open the box.

I could rename the thread ‘we’re hopefully not going down but no one say anything’

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically the cats health status is in an uncertain wave state until you open the box.

I could rename the thread ‘we’re hopefully not going down but no one say anything’
No! Leave it as 'We're going Down' because then we all feel like we are winning and getting away with something! You must fall on your sword so that we all can live!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No! Leave it as 'We're going Down' because then we all feel like we are winning and getting away with something! You must fall on your sword so that we all can live!
Oh I feel no embarrassment. My ability to judge anything Wolves related is completely blinded by a ridiculous over emotional attachment for a man of my age.
I get carried away good or bad and know it.

I care if nothing else!

My current feeling is lower mid. I think we need a big January window though.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I feel no embarrassment. My ability to judge anything Wolves related is completely blinded by a ridiculous over emotional attachment for a man of my age.

I care if nothing else!

To be candid, after the Brentford game, I genuinely thought we would be lucky to survive. I also posted as much (frequently). We have been very lucky since then! I think mid-mid at this point, 10th or 11th..which is fine, if not spectacular

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I care if nothing else!

This is the elephant in the room though. The majority of us seem to say the same thing - "This summer's transfer window is huge", "The upcoming January window is vital".

Yet the Club's hierarchy consistently fail to deliver.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Haha, I've only just discovered this thread, it's a joyful read from top to bottom. We're going down, we'll only get 4 points from Saints-Everton. All we need now is a 'wim gooin for Europe thread' for balance. The reactionary comments from football fans never ceases to amaze me.

Back
Top Bottom