Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto Injury

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 pages and not actually any proof of any truth in a random rumour
I posted about it the other day, I had no proof (and still don't have any! ) A mate told me who has some connections that's all. I seriously hope it's not true, and hopefully similar reports have come from the same source.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I am starting to lose faith in our medical team. The amount of injuries throughout the club in the first team and academy sides is ridiculous. Would love to see how all our injuries compared to other Premier League clubs currently.
We don't even know if this is genuine yet. @forge seems to think not, as do @Talking Wolves who have retweeted Bruno's statement that Neto is back in 2 months or less.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Broken knees, head injuries and recurrent ACLs are nothing down to medical teams.

Recurring hammies probably more culpable

Why does someone always need to be at fault for everything in modern life?
Injuries happen sometimes and we've definitely had bad luck, but there's also been too many cases of players having injuries stack up.

Podence was rushed back from his abductor tear and ended up needing groin surgery. It was obvious he wasn't right when he initially came back.

Boly had a vague muscle injury that he came back from after 3 weeks, only to shortly afterwards miss another 3 weeks with another vague muscle injury.

Jonny played 6 months to the day after his torn ACL. The recovery time for that injury is 6-9 months.

Neto picked up a knock when playing for Portugal and he got hurt on a fairly innocuous tackle. These two could be unrelated, but if the rumor is true about a re-aggravation, that's another player with a serious injury setback. And if it's true, it's also fair to wonder about the timeline they had set for him and his recovery. Like Jonny, 6 months is a very quick recovery for such a serious injury.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injuries happen sometimes and we've definitely had bad luck, but there's also been too many cases of players having injuries stack up.

Podence was rushed back from his abductor tear and ended up needing groin surgery. It was obvious he wasn't right when he initially came back.

Boly had a vague muscle injury that he came back from after 3 weeks, only to shortly afterwards miss another 3 weeks with another vague muscle injury.

Jonny played 6 months to the day after his torn ACL. The recovery time for that injury is 6-9 months.

Neto picked up a knock when playing for Portugal and he got hurt on a fairly innocuous tackle. These two could be unrelated, but if the rumor is true about a re-aggravation, that's another player with a serious injury setback. And if it's true, it's also fair to wonder about the timeline they had set for him and his recovery. Like Jonny, 6 months is a very quick recovery for such a serious injury.
Good points. I just hope it's all *******s, but doubtful

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see this being bull**** I’m afraid too many who called the Jonny setback are calling this too

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Underlying fatigue , he was already struggling all be it a different injury.

If we had a proper squad and not a first 11 I very much doubt he would have played that game.
His performances were starting to dip the last few games before his injury happened. He had definitely hit the wall physically.

ChesterWolf

Reaction score
To be honest I am starting to lose faith in our medical team. The amount of injuries throughout the club in the first team and academy sides is ridiculous. Would love to see how all our injuries compared to other Premier League clubs currently.
I remember seeing a table of minutes missed by injured players last season and we were surprisingly low. Liverpool were at the top by some distance. Our small squad size means that an injury for us usually means an important first team player missing though whereas other clubs who have more depth are able cope with it better.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember seeing a table of minutes missed by injured players last season and we were surprisingly low. Liverpool were at the top by some distance. Our small squad size means that an injury for us usually means an important first team player missing though whereas other clubs who have more depth are able cope with it better.
Yup. With limited strength in depth each player is much more important and critical.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those calling for an official update on Neto should consider the club may wish to keep the news, if any, tight until this window is done if they are looking for cover. Not exactly easy when one of Jeff’s key contacts is a super agent representing some potential targets, but it may be a consideration.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those calling for an official update on Neto should consider the club may wish to keep the news, if any, tight until this window is done if they are looking for cover. Not exactly easy when one of Jeff’s key contacts is a super agent representing some potential targets, but it may be a consideration.
The fact that the club haven't rushed to deny a reccurence of the injury probably means that it's true. Anyone seen a picture of him, or a tweet or anything in the last couple of days?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps it was down to pressure on Nuno. He was reluctant to play those on the subs bench as he sought a way out of poor performances and descent down the PL table. So key players were rushed back prematurely.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's a good point actually.I was hoping that the longer it went without an update, it may turn out to be nonsense.

Great.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think there have been some changes unless I am mistaken.
Not from all the injuries last season Neto, Jonny, Podence are all our main injuries out. Boly also had a hammy last year

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
You're supposed to be our mole on this now, what's that daughter of yours playing at? ;)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're supposed to be our mole on this now, what's that daughter of yours playing at? ;)
She still gives me good insight into our players injuries and rehab, but she doesn’t work at Wolves unfortunately. In a couple of weeks she will be starting her permanent jobs in the NHS and at another football club. She’s pleased. It’s another cat 1 academy and she’s still aiming to be one of the first female first team physios in the PL.

She has a friend who works in the back room at Wolves but who’s moving on. She has another friend amongst the players but he doesn’t spill the beans!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So....after 6 pages, no-one knows what's what! Some say he's dead, some say he was spotted this morning pulling a truck with just one knee.
But the rumour has become much stronger, because people who read the original rumour reposted the rumour and now there are hundreds of people spreading the same rumour, so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom