Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto Injury

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Murray being injured ahead of the play-off semi vs. WBA in 2007 broke on MM too.

But then so did 1830281 other bits of news, which turned out to be nonsense.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this unsettling news and the fact Cutrone and Mir dont want to play in The Premiership we need two new central attacking players ASAP. How about looking in northern Europe . We could do with some burley Viking type chaps like at Burnley Leeds and Sheffield .
Rebalancing , our Southern European guys.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't get a broken knee by playing a lot...

Mental injury, i tore my acl and had a major dislocation and didnt fracture my patella, its a one off injury, which isnt to fun, but should be easier to come back from then tendons as he didnt dislocate but maybe there is more underlying damage.

His twist / impact has someone fractured his patella, if you had chance to watch it he landed full weight on a straight left leg.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With this unsettling news and the fact Cutrone and Mir dont want to play in The Premiership we need two new central attacking players ASAP. How about looking in northern Europe . We could do with some burley Viking type chaps like at Burnley Leeds and Sheffield .
Rebalancing , our Southern European guys.
Mir and cutrone not playing for us is neither here or there in terms of needing replacements for them as they havent been involved in our team for 2 years so we arent missing anything. Neto will be a huge miss though. Can ait nouri (used in pre season training predominantly as a forward) and podence when he is back fit cover the loss and try and amble through with just traore and trincao. I would rather still focus on central defence and midfield than bring in another average forward for 15m like guedes.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I hope Neto is fine and back very soon

But if we had a squad this wouldn't be a major problem. We all know like Raul he will be a big miss . So really if we are blaming people how about the board sign some players to increase a squad and lighten the load .

Before someone says they are . well we have had 7/8 weeks to sign players and so far we have sat still and the season has started .

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible news, so gutted for him and us.

Definitely on them last year. Podence played four ****ing months where he offered about as much as me. Everyone, and I mean everyone could see he could barely move and then we find out he needs surgery.

There’s no way Neto should’ve played at Fulham either. The challenge from Robinson was a nothing one, he clearly wasn’t fit.

T

TheConcourse

Any medical professionals know what this means in terms of a come back (if true)?

Is it likely or impossible to know without getting closer to each individual case?

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone up a tree at Compton to confirm ?

Or outside New Cross ?
The people that said this were the same people who told us about Neto and Jonny. So I’d say that they’re correct in this too

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Yes
Cb
Dm
Atm
Winger
Striker
I think Fosun will be thinking we invested to make money

Unfortunateley you rarely make money running football clubs . Look at Barca the biggest club in the World ( or one of them ) Inter Milan . So you either have to keep ploughing money in or you go backwards or need to get out of the hot seat

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF true, then we all feel for the lad. Hoping he will come back stronger.

(and please note this is NOT belittling what has possibly happened, just a statement of fact) at least it's occurred during the window and gives the club the chance to adjust transfer and loan plans accordingly.

Hardly much of a silver lining, though.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the same people that broke his previous injury and Jonny’s
Looks like it, then.

Damn, blast and so on. Really feel for him, seems a great young man (like Jonny).

Putting trust in our medical team to sort it for them both. Bet they're sick of knees.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any medical professionals know what this means in terms of a come back (if true)?

Is it likely or impossible to know without getting closer to each individual case?

Need to know what the actual issue is first then i can give you a guideline (sports science/physiotherapy)

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the 3 or 4 needs to become a 4 or 5 surely.

Just to quote myself as I didn’t mean to sound dismissive. Clearly this is a huge blow both for Pedro and for us. Probably our best two players out for a long time with serious injuries.

I blame the small squad mentality personally. Load of *******s that came back to bite us.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like it, then.

Damn, blast and so on. Really feel for him, seems a great young man (like Jonny).

Putting trust in our medical team to sort it for them both. Bet they're sick of knees
Actually funnily enough I did see Jonny at the Molineux before the Celta Vigo game and he looked to be walking about completely fine

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As stated on another thread, this spate of injuries is directly related to us having two seasons in one with no break … a 24 month season! Exhausted players! Unprecedented times leading to unprecedented injury list (for Fosun era)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we'll get to keep him next summer too I guess

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the same people that broke his previous injury and Jonny’s
It isn't.... I was the one who broke the jonny injury.... I did it in on here... Then it ended up on twitter...... Same as twitter got the gold socks being too tight off me... I haven't heard anything about neto.. And my source hasn't as well....

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Underlying fatigue , he was already struggling all be it a different injury.

If we had a proper squad and not a first 11 I very much doubt he would have played that game.

Exactly,we had this discourse when McGregor broke his leg (contributing factors, underlying damage carried over from training, whether he cracked it before during a kick earlier in the round, or whether the landing was the sole reason for the break).

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

From what I have seen he needed an ORIF (open reduction internal fixation) which means they surgically open the knee and use metalwork (wire or pins) to stabilise the fracture and allow healing in the best position / alignment. It’s quite common for the metalwork to cause problems with recover so could be this? But in terms of recovery it would be impossible to say without more details.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't remember a team have so much bad luck with injuries - especially after such a prolonged period of good luck.

Not just to squad players either - to top first team players.

Ever since Mason Mount dived to win the free kick he scored, our luck has.been ludicrously bad
We probably would have been luckier if they spread out and we had a few of those injures for the first couple of the Nuno years. Swings and roundabout, hey!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to quote myself as I didn’t mean to sound dismissive. Clearly this is a huge blow both for Pedro and for us. Probably our best two players out for a long time with serious injuries.

I blame the small squad mentality personally. Load of *******s that came back to bite us.
And as time passes it becomes clearer who was really the driving force behind that

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As stated on another thread, this spate of injuries is directly related to us having two seasons in one with no break … a 24 month season! Exhausted players! Unprecedented times leading to unprecedented injury list (for Fosun era)
I think that would be an excuse for soft tissue injuries like hamstring. Injuries like Raul, Neto and Jonny I don’t think are at all related.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****, that is exactly what we hoped that you wouldn't say. Nowt personal mate, l'm not shooting the messenger...

I'm hoping its not as bad as they think or my mates talking rubbish.
This is 100 percent me clutching at straws, but is your source a reliable one who has connections with the club, or is it perhaps someone who may have assimilated the first rumour of his being injured and is passing that on? (Not in a malevolent manner, just in a 'this is what I've heard' manner)

Like I said, this is me clutching at straws, because these stories are more often than not true.

I'm personally not freinds with them but a few in my main freinds group are very close to them and they do work for wolves.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually funnily enough I did see Jonny at the Molineux before the Celta Vigo game and he looked to be walking about completely fine
Lovely!

He deserves to come out of this fully fit and flying. Once is bad enough...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s getting harder to be too optimistic about this season isn’t it…
Yup. Since the hideous refereeing decisions at the end of the Covid disrupted season - culminating in Arsenal turning in their only good perfromance under Arteta to deprive us of Europe - it feels like EVERYTHING is against wolves

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't remember a team have so much bad luck with injuries - especially after such a prolonged period of good luck.

Not just to squad players either - to top first team players.

Ever since Mason Mount dived to win the free kick he scored, our luck has.been ludicrously bad

That free kick and the Dean penalty award at Burnley in particular you can’t help but wonder how different our current situation may be if they’d gone our way.

All if’s, buts and maybes of course - but hugely fine margins and big potential ramifications these decisions have.

T

TheConcourse

It’s getting harder to be too optimistic about this season isn’t it…

These moments require really strong leadership. I'm not usually one for advocating hearing from Jeff because I also think actions beat words 100% of the time.

It's a tough one.. it would be nice to hear more about the injury, recovery time and the impact of transfers. Neto might never be the same again and so it could be that we've lost x amount of million forecast for his sale which really hinders our progress.

It's horrible luck - or is it? Is it the result of having a small squad? Someone mentioned mental fatigue playing an impact on the decisions players make with their own bodies.

I dunno.. lots of thoughts buzzing around my head but the overriding one is that our recruitment for two summers has been really bad, and we're seeing the impact now.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That free kick and the Dean penalty award at Burnley in particular you can’t help but wonder how different our current situation may be if they’d gone our way.

All if’s, buts and maybes of course - but hugely fine margins and big potential ramifications these decisions have.
Absolutely. Remiss of me not to mention Mike Dean getting another moment in the sun.

I hate football.

Back
Top Bottom