Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has said that ? Can't remember that being said at all.
Handle himself very well in the games he played.
Sellars said he had been signed to 'improve the depth of the squad'. Which isn't exactly a glowing reference for someone you'd expect to be in the XI.

We shouldn't be expecting a 20-y/o who hasn't played outside Colombia to solve an issue we've had for years either. Even though, I agree, he does look good when he's played in the friendlies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you cite him saying this? At Benfica he was known for fitting his tactics to the players he had, it is what good choices do.

Did he ever play 5 at the back for Benfica? I dont think he did. 4 at the back is what he prefers but he cant play it as he hasnt been backed yet with the players he needs to play 4 at the back.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars said he had been signed to 'improve the depth of the squad'. Which isn't exactly a glowing reference for someone you'd expect to be in the XI.

We shouldn't be expecting a 20-y/o who hasn't played outside Colombia to solve an issue we've had for years either. Even though, I agree, he does look good when he's played in the friendlies.

Totally agree.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Did he ever play 5 at the back for Benfica? I dont think he did. 4 at the back is what he prefers but he cant play it as he hasnt been backed yet with the players he needs to play 4 at the back.
Nuno never played 5 at the back before Wolves. How do you know he even has a favoured formation? You are just assuming because it fits your narrative.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An awful lot of assumptions there JOS

The way I see it he never played 5 at the back at Benfica or if he did it was once in a blue moon. His first few pre season games he played 4 at the back for us then realised how poor our defenders were and lack of pace in central midfield. Since the horror show defensively against Las Palmas he has reverted to 5 at the back. I bet he would love to play 4 at the back but cant as look at the options in defence and central midfield. No pace or mobility and as yet the club havent given him the players he needs.

Maybe I am wrong but that is how I feel.

Anyway apologies all for my rants. I am just a bit down with it all at the moment and the Wolves stuff id making it worse.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The way I see it he never played 5 at the back at Benfica or if he did it was once in a blue moon. His first few pre season games he played 4 at the back for us then realised how poor our defenders were and lack of pace in central midfield. Since the horror show defensively against Las Palmas he has reverted to 5 at the back. I bet he would love to play 4 at the back but cant as look at the options in defence and central midfield. No pace or mobility and as yet the club havent given him the players he needs.

Anyway apologies all for my rants. I am just a bit down with it all at the moment and the Wolves stuff id making it worse.

Maybe a bit of a break might help?

Everyone needs a time away from social media :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno never played 5 at the back before Wolves. How do you know he even has a favoured formation? You are just assuming because it fits your narrative.

Would it be fair to say you are saying this because it fits your narrative? Maybe others will pull me up but it looks to me from afar that Bruno has had to revert to 5 at the back as he has realised the central midfield players and centre backs he has are mainly too slow and he needs different options to play his preferred system and as yet the club havent provided him with the players he needs.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Would it be fair to say you are saying this because it fits your narrative? Maybe others will pull me up but it looks to me from afar that Bruno has had to revert to 5 at the back as he has realised the central midfield players and centre backs he has are mainly too slow and he needs different options to play his preferred system and as yet the club havent provided him with the players he needs.
Not really, I am not asserting anything you are. He may have wanted to play a 4, he may not particularly care about the formation as long as his principles are being implemented.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anyway apologies all for my ra.nts. I am just a bit down with it all at the moment and the Wolves stuff id making it worse.
No need to apologise mate, feel similar, was already on a downer and been trying to book trains to games and now a whole lot worse.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be back later on but I dont know. I find it all highly frustrating at present.

Honestly JOS I wouldn't get too down about it all at this stage. This season isn't going to be a great one and that is fine, tenth would be a very good season given where we are starting for me and I don't think talk of relegation holds any water, we won't be going down. As for the ones that keep taking shots at you, just ignore them, we have seen time and again that many of those have been a million miles away from reality as well.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That mirrors exactly what I was told and the source was very good
So why is it so difficult to think that Otasowie and others may not have had 'bad attitudes' but just realised they would get nowhere with Nuno and that is why they wanted out. Bruno will have his work cut out making some players feel wanted by the club and trust them.
With Cutrone Nuno would publically at times praise him but this was never genuine. Nuno may have done good things for the club but a lot of the other side is now starting to come out.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be back later on but I dont know. I find it all highly frustrating at present.
There is no point getting frustrated about things that are totally out of your control.
We know the requirements the squad needs, the club knows the requirements that the squad needs.
The window is still open for 3 weeks and the club said that deals would probably done towards the end of the window.
This concern about the start of the season is bizarre. You don't get relegated after 3 games .

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come back on here every now and again and it’s always the same. JOS with 100 posts a day slating some part of the club or another! Comical!
He’s been doing it for years, you wouldn’t have thought this Fosun period has been the best time ever to be a Wolves fan if you’re under the age of 35/40!!!

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say you are saying this because it fits your narrative? Maybe others will pull me up but it looks to me from afar that Bruno has had to revert to 5 at the back as he has realised the central midfield players and centre backs he has are mainly too slow and he needs different options to play his preferred system and as yet the club havent provided him with the players he needs
A good manager adapts to what he is given. Things are not perfect, absolutely agree, and me and every other person on this forum knows we are crying out for a cb and cm and now another forward but you cant buy a player when you have **** all money to spend. Just let the window take its course. Yes it will be a rocky few weeks but by the end of august we will he sorted.

I strongly believe that we are still waiting on other transfers to take place, and we have our ducks lined up in a row to bring in those extra 3 players. We also have a player lined up to replace traore if a top team comes in for him.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
There is no point getting frustrated about things that are totally out of your control.
We know the requirements the squad needs, the club knows the requirements that the squad needs.
The window is still open for 3 weeks and the club said that deals would probably done towards the end of the window.
This concern about the start of the season is bizarre. You don't get relegated after 3 games .
I agree but losing breeds losing.it’s a dangerous gamble we look to be taking.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It makes perfect sense to me to stick with 343 this season, as we have a squad that is used to playing that way. Tweak the system a bit to get us more attacking and then try to transition to a back 4 next season if that's the long-term plan. Evolution, not revolution.
If we play an attacking 343 well don't really see a need to transition. Although developing 2 formations is always useful

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense to me to stick with 343 this season, as we have a squad that is used to playing that way. Tweak the system a bit to get us more attacking and then try to transition to a back 4 next season if that's the long-term plan. Evolution, not revolution.
I fear without sufficient signings even for 343 we are in real trouble.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What sort of forward are we likely to sign anyway? We will have to convince someone that they are only likely to play when Raul is injured and maybe not always getting on because we have a £35m forward as 2nd choice. We need somebody who can play in all 3 forward positions.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear without sufficient signings even for 343 we are in real trouble.

The writing was on the wall for this last season , so I totally agree unless we get some proper quality players in over the next 3 weeks (3 to 4) then I would say we have pretty much sealed our relegation...oddly enough I think in this scenario Nuno would be a far safer pair of hands than Lage.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vestergaard good enough for Leicester but not for us :rolleyes:
Well, yeah. They have pace at CB in Soyuncu so Vestergaard alongside him will work fine for them.

We lack pace, as everyone keeps saying we need a pacey CB to be able to play a higher line the way Lage wants us to play.

So yes, Vestergaard is good enough for Leicester but probably not right for us.

There’s more to it than player = good or bad.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Well, yeah. They have pace at CB in Soyuncu so Vestergaard alongside him will work fine for them.

We lack pace, as everyone keeps saying we need a pacey CB to be able to play a higher line the way Lage wants us to play.

So yes, Vestergaard is good enough for Leicester but probably not right for us.

There’s more to it than player = good or bad.
He will also be at best their 3rd choice CB next year. They are essentially signing a reserve. I have my doubts he starts over Evans when he is fit

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will also be at best their 3rd choice CB next year. They are essentially signing a reserve. I have my doubts he starts over Evans when he is fit
I don’t see how he plays for them. How long is Fofana injured for? I guess if they play 3 at the back he will be challenging Evans but the other two are shoe ins when fit.

Back
Top Bottom