Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good manager adapts to what he is given. Things are not perfect, absolutely agree, and me and every other person on this forum knows we are crying out for a cb and cm and now another forward but you cant buy a player when you have **** all money to spend. Just let the window take its course. Yes it will be a rocky few weeks but by the end of august we will he sorted.

I strongly believe that we are still waiting on other transfers to take place, and we have our ducks lined up in a row to bring in those extra 3 players. We also have a player lined up to replace traore if a top team comes in for him.

Lets hope these ducks can swim is all I've got to say.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Such a ****ing doughnut...

I need to correct this... :confounded:

Some of the above is correct, but Neves is actually happy here, but his Mrs isn't and has effectively moved back to Portugal. How that pans out in terms of Neves staying here we will have to see but much more promising.

Traore is pushing for a move much more so, Arsenal enquired but wouldn't put up the £45m we are asking.

Moral of the story is don't listen to your siblings, check first. My bad

Dates back to the second pregnancy I believe. There were some form of complication and they chose to have the third birth in Portugal as a result.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree.
The second half against Celta Vigo really showed what it is that Lage wants and how effective it could be. I hope he is cut some slack by the fans and the board if its a difficult start.
The board certainly should give him time, considering they've done sod all to back the bloke in the transfer market.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The board certainly should give him time, considering they've done sod all to back the bloke in the transfer market.
There's a lot of talk about our tough start (rightly so), but not much about the next 10 games. They're all winnable.

If we are bottom half after 13 games, I'll be very disappointed.

New players would help but we have a good start to the season (ie not playing Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea) for a long long time.

I sense Fosun are not patient employers though so who knows.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about our tough start (rightly so), but not much about the next 10 games. They're all winnable.

If we are bottom half after 13 games, I'll be very disappointed.

New players would help but we have a good start to the season (ie not playing Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea) for a long long time.

I sense Fosun are not patient employers though so who knows.

Not necessarily a bad thing facing a few big boys early on. They don't always hit the ground running, especially after an international tournament and there's always some surprises early on

Even with our wafer thin squad, I wouldn't be that surprised if we took a point or three from these free hits

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's quite clearly a family man, and I can't imagine it would be easy? But it's a short flight. Will have to see how it pans out I guess but at least hes not kicking the door down to leave which is the main thing.

he may as well be with us than manchester, or turin, then

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks mate but that wont put posters like him slagging me off. He has done it before and then vanishes for months without making much else of a contribution to the forum.
Take no notice Jos.....just another tit......keep the faith

PTW

Reaction score
Have to say it's going to look stupid after a couple of weeks, but if the club doesn't sell anyone and it wants to avoid trouble for the new manager, I am starting to agree with @Skrilla that maybe it's a risk this season to expect Moutinho having the same type of performances he had in his first 2 seasons, I didn't liked what I saw on the first half against Celta.

Knowing Dendoncker is a good option, if the club can only sign 1 player to improve the first 11 I would go for a central midfielder. But now that Cutrone is leaving I don't know if they will bring Mir back or if they are going to sign a striker, it will be a risk having Moutinho or Dendoncker, and probably Lage will not use MGW as a central midfielder perhaps?

Lots of unknowns, but at least the situation in the club doesn' look like Southampton, they are selling all their best players, don't think Wolves is the worst squad in the League at all.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say it's going to look stupid after a couple of weeks, but if the club doesn't sell anyone and it wants to avoid trouble for the new manager, I am starting to agree with @Skrilla that maybe it's a risk this season to expect Moutinho having the same type of performances he had in his first 2 seasons, I didn't liked what I saw on the first half against Celta.

Knowing Dendoncker is a good option, if the club can only sign 1 player to improve the first 11 I would go for a central midfielder. But now that Cutrone is leaving I don't know if they will bring Mir back or if they are going to sign a striker, it will be a risk having Moutinho or Dendoncker, and probably Lage will not use MGW as a central midfielder perhaps?

Lots of unknowns, but at least the situation in the club doesn' look like Southampton, they are selling all their best players, don't think Wolves is the worst squad in the League at all.
We need fresh faces even dendoncker said so. If that means selling a neves or Traore sometimes you have to make sacrifice to build stronger.

Reactions: PTW

PTW

Reaction score
We need fresh faces even dendoncker said so. If that means selling a neves or Traore sometimes you have to make sacrifice to build stronger.
Yep I understand that, after watching the mess at Barcelona I think football fans should be worried if your club doesn't sell anyone and is always signing players on big wages, one day the bill will show up.

Having said that, I am not so certain Wolves will sell any of those players you mentioned. As far as I know if Moutinho doesn't show up and no new midfielder is signed... Dendoncker will have to step up to the first 11.

Hopefully Lage isn't afraid to take the right options if things don't start well. But like I said I would be much more worried if I was a Southampton fan for example.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Nuno never played 5 at the back before Wolves. How do you know he even has a favoured formation? You are just assuming because it fits your narrative.
Nuno played a 5 at the back at Valencia, he even discussed that system on Coaches Voice, when his Valencia beat Real Madrid 2-1. And he had Mustafi in that defence. Miracle worker

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable, that, 2 days out from Leicester, we STILL haven't done a tap about our shortcomings in the team. Just what the hell are we doing ? going to Leicester with Kilman , Saiss and Coady at the back is asking for trouble
For ****s sake sort it out you half soaked ****s

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable, that, 2 days out from Leicester, we STILL haven't done a tap about our shortcomings in the team. Just what the hell are we doing ? going to Leicester with Kilman , Saiss and Coady at the back is asking for trouble
What is your normal expected points tally away to Leicester?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately i said it last week there wont be anything before leicester, it will be next week as the ducks needs to go out. Cutrone off, Next is Mir, then OO (if offered enough).

Horrible situations but its true. Just lets see positive lage ball saturday

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not very friendly RW.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately i said it last week there wont be anything before leicester, it will be next week as the ducks needs to go out. Cutrone off, Next is Mir, then OO (if offered enough).

Horrible situations but its true. Just lets see positive lage ball saturday
Interesting implications if that is the case.

Would suggest that impossible at the moment to get verbal agreements on movement of players that
a club can trust in. It looks incredibly amateurish that a club has to wait until deals are entirely signed
up before other transfers can be made. And highly disruptive of putting a team and a style of play together.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dates back to the second pregnancy I believe. There were some form of complication and they chose to have the third birth in Portugal as a result.

Understandable...especially with three kids and having no family over here. You'd imagine he'd go to Spain if that ended up being the reason he moves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting implications if that is the case.

Would suggest that impossible at the moment to get verbal agreements on movement of players that
a club can trust in. It looks incredibly amateurish that a club has to wait until deals are entirely signed
up before other transfers can be made. And highly disruptive of putting a team and a style of play together.

We dont know the inner workings of the club or the financial impacts. 22nd we get the loan money from TV and then hopefully next week player sales that should give money to work with, i expect its financial/ book balancing having the wages and transfers before doing so.

Or maybe its some sort of policy within the club, and we are aware we will not sign untill last week in August.

Or wolves are just not shopping in the right places or dont have the clout, to get signings over the line

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mirror says palhinha still being offered around on cut price deal

While it’s a rang that prints anything that probably will have come from somewhere - it’s written by John cross who covers arsenal spurs etc

I reckon palhinha maybe in limbo as it was anticipated Neves would be sold and he’d come to us

It’s a crying shame if we can’t scrape together the fee for him (probably £25m based on half his sell-on fee)

Would be perfect next to Neves and give us a right **** off midfield to support some great attacking talent

Ah well. Still think Sporting owe us one following Vinagre loan.....

D

Deleted member yltz11841

We probably have a low expected points total against Spurs and Man United in the following games too, so we may as well sign no one this month.
Best check the January fixtures as well, as if we have some good sides at the start no point signing then either.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Transfer window 20 more days
Get a grip

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont know the inner workings of the club or the financial impacts. 22nd we get the loan money from TV and then hopefully next week player sales that should give money to work with, i expect its financial/ book balancing having the wages and transfers before doing so.

Or maybe its some sort of policy within the club, and we are aware we will not sign untill last week in August.

Or wolves are just not shopping in the right places or dont have the clout, to get signings over the line
Or maybe players that we have deals lined up for players who are first waiting to see if better options come up

We’re not the draw we were 3 seasons ago so got to hold our nerve

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
The reality is, we’re now in a market where we’re not top of the food chain. If we wanted to sign a player from Walsall or Swindon we could put a bid in this morning, and have him holding the scarf up for photographs by teatime. But when our targets play for some of the biggest and most powerful clubs, we have to be patient and understand that they’ll do business when they’re good and ready. There seems to be a bit of a quickening of the pace this week, which is a positive.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would prefer nunes to Paulinha......both is a fairy tale.

this is what I feared about trying to sell to buy, no one wants our players so won’t have any money to invest........... cutrone to empoli on loan is a prime example.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Nozzer - or some other intellectual name - put it quite succinctly on Twitter last night

5 days ago Leicester didn't need a CH. Now they've got one.
We've had three ****ing years for ****'s sake

Whatever we as fans think they will go about there business how they do, they will sign when they have met all the parameters they require which i think now, is existing transfers before business.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Big Nozzer - or some other intellectual name - put it quite succinctly on Twitter last night

5 days ago Leicester didn't need a CH. Now they've got one.
We've had three ****ing years for ****'s sake
People want us to emulate Leicester there’s no ****ing chance of that. They identify where there are deficiencies and address it, we sign a kid to hope they address it in a about 5 years time.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
. It looks incredibly amateurish that a club has to wait until deals are entirely signed
up before other transfers can be made.

Not necessarily anything to do with us. The clubs we're buying from want to make sure they have their replacements lined up before letting players leave.

It's not quite like trying to get a house buying chain sorted, but sometimes it's not far off.

Back
Top Bottom