Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wonder what was wrong with the tweet they deleted?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering why Dion Sanderson hasn’t played for Blues yet, it’s because he still has 2ish weeks of recovery/training before he joins Birmingham fully

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*Pre season*

Ryan Giles started for Cardiff and was subbed off after 69mins as Cardiff lost 4-0 at home to Southampton

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He was an unused substitute as Beijing Guoan drew 1-1 with top of group Shanghai Port.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very much hope we arent leaving our academy sides too short on numbers this season. We know the first team group is short but I reckon we are too short in both the u18's and u23's.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very much hope we arent leaving our academy sides too short on numbers this season. We know the first team group is short but I reckon we are too short in both the u18's and u23's.

I don't think Dadashov going out impacts that - he's a level above u23 football and needs first team games. However, I agree, if we don't get first team signings in, the u23s and then consequently the u18s are looking quite thin. Some of the group on the Marbella trip will be back in the u23s soon though - he won't keep them all you'd have thought

I tried to catch up on a few of the rumoured signings for the youth teams we saw in H1 this year - Murray Johnson the Hibs goalkeeper being the main one - I know were quite blessed with GK's which may be the main reason we haven't progressed his signing but he's still with Hibs. There were a few others such as that Polish striker (Buksa) but he's joined Genoa - I guess he may have fallen by the wayside as one of the u21 rule since brexit

Anyway, this might be best on the u18's/u23 thread (sorry mods)

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Austin Samuels time to shine this season

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Austin Samuels time to shine this season

He will go out on loan. My concern being that the club will want to loan quite a few out. Wont leave us with many u23 players at the club from what I can see particularly if some of them are called up to the first team or promoted to the first team. Will be interesting to see what they do with the u23's as it could be left very weak if they aren't careful.

The u18's are also a very small group at present.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will go out on loan. My concern being that the club will want to loan quite a few out. Wont leave us with many u23 players at the club from what I can see particularly if some of them are called up to the first team or promoted to the first team. Will be interesting to see what they do with the u23's as it could be left very weak if they aren't careful.

The u18's are also a very small group at present.
As much as it would weaken us I'd like to see players like Marques, Lonwijk, Richards, Perry, Corbeanu and maybe Cundle go out on loan.

It would decimate our team but I think it would do the lads the world of good.

We don't know yet how Lage thinks of the u23s. He might want some of the fringe first teamers to play like Leeds do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as it would weaken us I'd like to see players like Marques, Lonwijk, Richards, Perry, Corbeanu and maybe Cundle go out on loan.

It would decimate our team but I think it would do the lads the world of good.

We don't know yet how Lage thinks of the u23s. He might want some of the fringe first teamers to play like Leeds do.

Interesting few days ahead as decisions will be made one way or another. We may have to bolster the u23's with some incomings if a lot go out on loan.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do with loaning out at least 3 keepers from the u23's, they are stacked

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renat Dadashov to Tondela now official

Tondela finished 12th last season and Renat returns to Portugal for the 3rd time having previously been loaned to Ferreira and played for Estoril from whom we bought him off

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do with loaning out at least 3 keepers from the u23's, they are stacked
There was talk of Mansfield re signing Jamie Pardington in May, however they since signed two goalkeepers on loan recently so suspect they changed their mind or we rebuffed their attempt

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*Pre season*

Ryan Giles played 86 mins and provided an assist as Cardiff ran out 2-0 winners over Newport

Matija Sarkic played 90mins as Birmingham lost 4-0 at home to that lot down the road

*Proper Games *

Dongda He was an unused substitute as Beijing Guoan beat Dalian Pro 1-0 in the Chinese Super League

Right now Grasshoppers have kicked off away at last seasons league winners, Young Boys. Campana, Bolla and Gomes start

Later on Sporting play Braga in the Portuguese Super Cup so will be interesting to see if Vinagre features (Nuno Mendes is his competition)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes and Bolla played the full 90 in a 0-0 draw to reigning champions Young Boys. Campana played 67 minutes.

Very defensive performance albeit during a constant downpour away at the strongest side, by some distance, in Switzerland.
As per above for Grasshoppers (thanks). Only thing to add is Toti Gomes was booked.

In this evenings other game, Sporting won the Portuguese Super Cup 2-1. Ruben Vinagre remained on the bench .

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Grasshoppers game. Can confirm it was absolutely dreadful.

dnf14

Reaction score
As per above for Grasshoppers (thanks). Only thing to add is Toti Gomes was booked.

In this evenings other game, Sporting won the Portuguese Super Cup 2-1. Ruben Vinagre remained on the bench .
Gomes' booking was *******s. He made a clean challenge, studs weren't showing and Young Boys' player clattered into him and Gomes got booked for his trouble.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Grasshoppers game. Can confirm it was absolutely dreadful.
Grasshoppers was like watching chorley vs man utd. Young boys had 27 shots in the game vs grasshoppers 3.
A lot of playacting in the game with toti gomes being unfairly booked.
Bolla looked good, gomes did okay. Campana was poor. Did not hold ball up and very slow.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes' booking was *******s. He made a clean challenge, studs weren't showing and Young Boys' player clattered into him and Gomes got booked for his trouble.
Sounds as if Gomes is ready now for the refs we have. :rolleyes:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A write up on the first impressions of Bendeguz Bolla from Wolves fan Louie Silvani if anyone is interested to know more about one of our loanees at Grasshoppers

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic didn't have a great game for blues in their friendly Vs west brom from what I've read

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic didn't have a great game for blues in their friendly Vs west brom from what I've read
No, made an error against Northampton in the previous game too.

The write up in the Birmingham mail suggests it was a mixed performance

“Had a good first half both with hand and feet - but was a bit wishy-washy not dealing with the cross for the Diangana goal. Followed that up with a strong save at his near post from Grant but then went walkabout for the second goal.”

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu to the Owls on loan just confirmed by the club

Puzzled by this. Why has Bruno not had a look at him in training as he has with the other young players? He is one of the best u23 players and seemingly not had a chance to impress Bruno as others have done.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Puzzled by this. Why has Bruno not had a look at him in training as he has with the other young players? He is one of the best u23 players and seemingly not had a chance to impress Bruno as others have done.
Probably more a case of circumstance that Bruno has not had much time with him with his international commitments, and one that was earmarked to go out on loan regardless... and with Campbell perhaps now ahead of him deemed the right thing to do ahead of time

Speirs just tweeted Marques, Sondergaard & Perry likely to follow out on loan shortly

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably more a case of circumstance that Bruno has not had much time with him with his international commitments, and one that was earmarked to go out on loan regardless... and with Campbell perhaps now ahead of him deemed the right thing to do ahead of time

Speirs just tweeted Marques, Sondergaard & Perry likely to follow out on loan shortly

With all these players going out on loan how are we going to field an u23 side/ squad? We will have virtually no squad. Also who will be 3rd choice keeper at Wolves.

Isnt Marques needed here with the injuries we have in central defence? Uncomfortable that we are weakening the u23's in a big way with no incomings to this squad as yet and also letting our better u23 players go when we are low on numbers in the first team group.

Can understand these loan moves are good for the lads but just concerned we arent strong enough with our various squads to be letting out all these players on loan.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all these players going out on loan how are we going to field an u23 side/ squad? We will have virtually no squad. Also who will be 3rd choice keeper at Wolves.

Isnt Marques needed here with the injuries we have in central defence? Uncomfortable that we are weakening the u23's in a big way with no incomings to this squad as yet and also letting our better u23 players go when we are low on numbers in the first team group.

Can understand these loan moves are good for the lads but just concerned we arent strong enough with our various squads to be letting out all these players on loan.
Agree that the u23s look thin of quality in certain positions... Moulden will be 3rd choice.

We also have Shabani, Jordao & Ronan to come back though... probably after the window has closed due to their injuries.

I think we're quite happy to get by in the u23s with what we have, giving chances to younger lads from the academy

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I doubt there's much I could say to alleviate your concerns over squad size Jos, many braver men have tried and failed ;-)

I will only share those concerns when we get to the end of the window and we don't have the depth we need, there's still time for them to do what's required, for the 1st team and the U23's. Incomings needed so lets see what they can do, a few promotions from the U23's also needed to the first team group (Campbell & Cundle perhaps already promoted) but in the meantime I will stay calm and not stress about what I can't control, there's no choice but to trust the club to get it done

There's also a fair few players coming back from injury that will form the U23 squad that won't be loaned as they're not fit just yet, Jordao, Shabani, Matheson etc who the U23's didn't have last season, but when a good loan comes up for a young player that's fit & ready for it and get him men's first team football we should take it as that's in the interests of the first team group long term... which for me takes priority over U23 results

If they're confident of the incoming business on its way then get the good loans tied up when they come up (as there's a finite amount of those and L1 and Champ clubs can only afford so many) and replace them. Also there will be players from the younger age groups who will be promoted as part of the strategy to get the youth teams playing in higher age groups, so players like Jack Scott etc will be permanently with the U23's now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom