Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton vs Wolves. The verdict.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not enough fight. Not enough threat.

It must hurt the confidence knowing that it’s a real rarity for us to score more than one so when we concede it’s a draw at best for the most part.

But still, to go from the first half performance to the second half “Traore and hope” rubbish... not good enough.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a damp squib. Didn't think we were too bad but no real substance. Traore man of the match. We desperately need a new 'spine'. Right sided defender. Replacement for Moutinho and a new striker. Not convinced that Jimenez will ever be the same and Fabio is Sunday league standard.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an observation, we put in numerous crosses BUT did we actually win a Header ?. No so whats the point.. The end of the season is almost here, 45 minutes to go against Manure, I cant wait for it to end, a big close season coming up, then a critical first few months of the 21/22 season which will make or break Nunos tenure here.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't as bored as I predicted before the game. For large parts, we played well. It would have been nice to have a striker playing as a striker. Silva played okay, but just seemed wasted stuck out on the left. Maybe it's just part of the experimentation in these last few matches. Boly looked a lot better.

I'm just fed up with corners now, both for and against us. We might as well play them short to Traore and let him run at the defence.

Traore clearly the man of the match. Our only real attacking threat. I don't think Digne was booked, and how he got away with it I don't know.

D

Deleted member 6206

Ruddy had nothing to do, only had to pick the ball out the net. Kept Everton at bay.
Adama electric but without him pretty toothless up front. Neves needs a rest.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a team who are meant to be good at set pieces, I’m not sure we made much of our 11+ corners.

Don’t understand how it wasn’t a handball, part of me thinks a converted pen and 1-1 would be fair, but I don’t recall us really troubling Pickford (I did zone in and out admittedly).

Not massively keen on us being the accommodating opposition for home fans only in the stands twice on Merseyside this season. Stat on Sky Sports just there - Everton have won 3 of 3 home games with fans this season, and 3 from 16 without

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This garbage is putting me off football. Can't remember ever being so bored with it and I've been a fan since the 70's.
Nuno deserves respect for giving Paul Lambert a run for his money with the likes of Neves and Adama in his team rather than Dave Edwards and George Saville on the wing.

Quite the achievement.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Frustrating. Ok performance in the first half but undone by a corner that wasn’t, a penalty that was and our inability to defend set pieces.

MGW did well again. Couldn’t really have done too much more in this run of games to prove he’s worth keeping around the squad next season. Traore (yet again) our best player. And by a distance.

Felt quite sad watching Moutinho’s performance tonight. A great, great player (who I actually felt was starting to come back into a little bit of form) but has been miles off the pace of the game in the last two matches.

Ruddy 7
Boly 5
Coady 6
Kilman 6
Semedo 6
Neves 6
Moutinho 4
RAN 6
MGW 7
Traore 8
Fabio 5

Tonight just re-emphasised how much we miss Raul and Neto, the importance of keeping Traore, the need for a top quality athletic partner for Neves and how much we have to improve on set-pieces at both ends.

Finally, if that was Ruddy’s last game, it was good to see him put in a confident, assured performance.

Thanks for everything Big John...

...and we’ll always have Cardiff.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Ditto Spurs the weekend, take adama out and we offer absolutely nothing, wouldn’t have scored if we were still playing at midnight , limp and lethargic and clueless going forward , 10 first half corners an a shot mgw, they have 3 and cause havoc off one and score the 3rd , first half decent in possession but never looked a threat apart from the one and only tactic , give it traore and hope for a miracle ,, need many signings to turn this tripe around next season

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Belgium are going to tear up the Euros with Dendoncker in their squad.
He actually made a decent forward run towards the end. Then when the ball was passed back to him he somehow managed to turn in the opposite direction to the ball. Typical Donk.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t get it. He wants to play 4 at the back. We essentially had 4 dead rubbers at the end of the season where he could get a head start on trying to implement that with the players that are going to make up the team next season.

So what does he do today? Goes back to 3/5 at the back, starts with a goalkeeper that won’t be a Wolves player in 5 days.

Plays a 35 years midfielder that’s only just come back from a lengthy lay off, and plays him for 80 minutes, despite him being painfully off the pace.

He pulls off one of the few players that actually passes the ball forward and replaces him with the Brazilian Robert Taylor.

He leaves literally the only other player that passes forward on the bench for 80 minutes.

His decisions confuse us, and we only have to deal with it once or twice a week, the players deal with it every day. No wonder we’re ****e.

GeorgeinSpain

Reaction score
Utter rubbish dominant 1st half without any threat 2nd half nothing! Samedo and AN can't defend well done Coady and Traore at least you tried! Moutinho a waste of corners and everything else how about playing Neves further forward at least he can pick a pass! All the expensive coaches why not play two on the line as none of them can defend corners or free kicks. Final insult bringing on Jose and Donk who should never wear our shirt again.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ruddy:
Decent save, not at fault for goal. Came out well

Ait-Nouri
Dribbled well a few times, terrible corner but shouldn't be on them. Thought he did ok most of game.

Coady 5
Backed off and done for pace repeatedly. A few nice passes but we could stick Neves back there and get that

Boly 5
Distribution terrible, goal not his fault as he is marking the zone and they had 2 free runners.

Kilman 5
Did ok most of game, few decent blocks. Got done over the top a couple of times and over committed another few. Not the answer but decent squad player.

Semedo 6
Tidy on the ball, defended Richarlison ok down the flank. Bit of a nothing game.

Moutinho 1
Worst performance from him ever, and one of the worst individual performances of the season

Neves 6
Works his **** off covering for Joao and decent on the ball without creating a thing but tbf not his role.

MGW 6
Bright and actually gave us some impetus, nice strike in first half. Shocking substitution.

Adama 8
Literally our only attacking threat, he is reffed appallingly and I'd take a touchline ban for Nuno to hammer the officials over it.

Fabio 5
Worked hard but physically overmatched, a few decent touches here and there.

Jose 3
Awful player

Vitinha N/A

Donk N/A

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great first half nothing to show for it!

Second half we was back to our normal poor standard this season. Should of had a penalty. Neves Moutinho and Boly look like they need replacing.

Wing backs looked weak. We need experience

Adama our only shining light again.

I look forward to going Sunday. Massive summer ahead though. We need at least 8 players with about 15 leaving including the deadwood!! A Progressive season needs a lot of changes

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t get it. He wants to play 4 at the back. We essentially had 4 dead rubbers at the end of the season where he could get a head start on trying to implement that with the players that are going to make up the team next season.

So what does he do today? Goes back to 3/5 at the back, starts with a goalkeeper that won’t be a Wolves player in 5 days.

Plays a 35 years midfielder that’s only just come back from a lengthy lay off, and plays him for 80 minutes, despite him being painfully off the pace.

He pulls off one of the few players that actually passes the ball forward and replaces him with the Brazilian Robert Taylor.

He leaves literally the only other player that passes forward on the bench for 80 minutes.

His decisions confuse us, and we only have to deal with it once or twice a week, the players deal with it every day. No wonder we’re ****e.

I know Nuno likes MGW but that’s a bit much

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We look quite close but need to get a cutting edge (Raul?) and tighten up at the back. Sadly it looks like neither Coady and Kilman are good enough and l'm having increasing doubts over Boly (the CV issue gives him some slack).
What annoys me is the clowns on here who say play the kids against a pretty much full strength Everton team but then still bleat over the result.... Agenda? Them???

Last edited:

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Vithina not touch the ball again lol?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame the second half happened. I was delighted at half time. I know we were 0-0 but we were playing with tempo, with confidence but we had no consistent route to creating chances. It takes its toll as you can’t play at 100% so you need goals when on top. We don’t have that. We also don’t have a counter attacking game anymore which is the most disappointing aspect of this team this season.

R

reanswolf

I don't think we were bad at all tonight, but obviously without an adult playing up front we were always toothless in attack.
As Tring said, so sad to see Mouts so off the pace, and it was baffling why the livelier MGW was subbed instead of him.

Good performances from Ruddy (Thx very much Big John if that is your last game), Boly, Alt Nouri, Semedo, MGW, and Adama.

Midfield was a bit better, but saying that considering Mouts weak performance.

If we had had a full side out, and plus 1-2 new players, we could have beat them comfortably. Frustrated with the defeat because it should have been a draw, Everton were **** poor in my opinion. Dodgy corner for the goal, and a penalty that was denied.

Sometimes there is just no justice. But the signs that with a full strength side, we would be much better.

Back
Top Bottom