Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Burnley. The verdict.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Verdict: At the start, they should have ran out to Chris Rea’s Down On The Beach’

Reactions: Ian

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful

the team selection is just a complete joke .

There is no idea how to play football when we play 3 at the back. Our strategy is to give it to traore to run at 6 players and hope something happens.

we can’t even take ****ing throw ins

we have nothing to play for and he plays like that?

There is not one reason why Nuno should stay at our club .

ashame it’s ended this way for him, but frankly embarrasing for him.

If we lost 4 0 playing 4 at the back people could perhaps accept it. But playing 5 at back and losing 4 0 to burnley and getting completely outplayed surely has to be curtains for him

I was in support 2 games ago - but not one excuse for setting up like this now

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In hindsight too many players who want the season to end or saving themselves for the Euros.

Solution is to mix the team about and add some players with something to prove.

Honestly tho, persisting with doncks, podence and saiss is doing my head in. Poor week in week out this season. At least try a youngster to ensure there is a feel of competition for places.

D

Deleted member 5276

I was following along nicely until I saw Neves with a 6. Guessing he's your favourite player? Cause he was just as awful as everyone else.
I gave him 6 because I think he at least tried to do something with the ball and to get us moving. Unfortunately, we are toothless in the final third.

But your assumption that he's my favourite player because I gave him that mark is as wrong as it is crass. It's just an opinion based on what I saw. Enjoy your day.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are always **** against Dyche's side, we just can't handle teams who have a high work rate and are a bit physical, queue Albion under Allardyce
If that's the case about not being able to handle physical sides with a high work rate, it's a wonder we ever got out the championship in the first place

First season at home we tore Burnley to shreds despite it being only 1-0 as well

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got all of these ‘pretty’ footballers who as a sum total are completely ineffective. We’ve not been able to score enough goals since the advent of Nuno, now we absolutely can’t defend.

Midfield completely static, Podence is never going to be a Premier League footballer as anyone can just blow him over and he’s three feet tall, Traore has provided more assists for goals against than he has goals for.

Completely pointless team playing pointless football, I love you Nuno but you need to jog on now.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are always **** against Dyche's side, we just can't handle teams who have a high work rate and are a bit physical, queue Albion under Allardyce

We played them off the park in our first season. Only won 1-0 but had 35 shots, which was then a record for the Premier League. Bonitini alone had an XG of 3!

I can't accept that "it was always like this, wait and see we will go on a run and finish top half". I see an alarming decline in performance level, match after match. Sometimes we play very poor opponents and scrape a 1-0. Sometimes we get lucky. And today we got punished, but that first half was not that different to what we have done 95% of this season.

The decline shows no sign of reversing - yet. Nuno is showing no sign that he knows what is wrong nor how to fix it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah so I know - let’s do exactly the same ****ing thing we do every game against them!!!!

****ing brain dead Nuno

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A shameful and disgusting performance on so many levels. The kind of performance that has me wondering if all is well behind the scenes. Abysmal. Play like that at the **** then dont bother coming back to Wolverhampton. Burnley ran 6km more than us today. Says it all about that shameful and cowardly display.

Would quite happily sack off half of those players now after today and as for Nuno and his coaches they look shot to me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diabolical. Not much you can do when you have so many players making individual errors.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 5 minutes my wife left the room saying "Enjoy" and I replied " I don't think no Will! " but deep down I expected Wolves to play well.

I must be off my rocker because it has been absolutely woeful for nearly a whole season and they NEVER deliver.

The predictability is criminal.

Nuno, the buck stops with you - Earn your living.

Disgrace.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Verdict: A DISGRACE.
Form Rate: cringeworthy, sickening.
Ratings: patricio 7, Podence, Saiss -4
Everyone else zero.
we’ve totally given up.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was a cowardly and useless performance.
You could probably use Binary Code to mark the players performances. I'm sick of us making Chris Wood look world class.

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
10 individuals and a goalie. Couldn't really see a game plan. I think that Wolves really need to look at their transfer policy and ask themselves if they are bringing in the right players into the club in terms of balance to the team. Podence- just not good enough for the premier league. A few others also, not good enough.

The midfield were to a large extent ineffective and I think you'd get good odds at a bookies in Dedoncker winning a 50/50 ball.

I know we've had key injuries this season, but desire and effort cost nothing. They deserved it in every respect. Nuno - tactically we're naive and lightweight and he really needs to sort it out.

D

Deleted member 8913

Podence is awful, a waste of space. Jose is the worst signing since Paul Gladdon. The defence are absolutely woeful. Just **** poor all round.

Our third 4-0 loss this season. No effort, no creativity. Somethings got to give. This season has been so stale and pathetic.

Just how many more turgid performances before fosun react?
This is exactly correct but it will take some sober analysis to see what as gone wrong, why and turn it around.

Several negatives are fairly obvious

-a tired team with little to play for
-a small team facing a big strong and determined bunch ...podence being flattened on the penalty spot exemplifies this. .not the first time bullied by a big strong team ...eg Huddersfield.
- injuries ,illness and the virus as well as separation anxiety for our overseas players and manager..

I don’t think the players generally lack heart ( they did today) or that Nuno is a bad manager...but today was the culmination of an awful season and it ( with the benefit of hindsight) it was a mistake not to play fresh players like Kidman, vitinha, and Owen.

thank goodness for 41 points because we won’t get many more playing like this.

TrueWolf

Reaction score
I will keep it to the point.

- There are several first team regulars that are just not good enough. In my humble opinion they include but are not limited to:

- Dendonker
- Saiss
- Coady
- Podence
- Jose

Most of our loan players are not good enough, most of the players we have loaned out elsewhere are not good enough.

- Nuno has either ran out of ideas or has lost the ability to motivate this team to implement them. Either way, I think his race is run.

- Huge summer ahead, Fosun have some decisions to make, but if they have true ambitions to move Wolves forward then they need to back up thier words with action. And that almost most importantly (for me) should be to show that they are NOT just here to make money on players but also to win something with this club as well.

- I personally would welcome us shopping for players in a different pool this summer, I want to see experienced additions that can make an immediate improvement and not just Mendes carousel players or 'wonderkids'.

- I am starting to feel like Wolves is more of a shop window for assets as opposed to a club with a genuine ambition to win something.

Apologies if this ruffles a few feathers, I am just speaking my mind and it is just my opinion.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A performance summed up by Dendonker pulling out of a 60 - 40. Gutless, shambolic, disgraceful & disgusting.

Anyone gives over a 3 needs a head wobble

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Well, what to say about that shambles?

Far too many players playing without real passion and just going through the motions. Horrendous first half and lack luster after that.

Patricio - Must be fed up playing behind this shower. Constantly exposing him and failing to protect him. That said, he could help himself by commanding his six yard box and I also felt he could have done better with his positioning on the first goal. 5
Ait-Nouri - I'm finally seeing what he brings and that's because he has Boly behind him to help. Shows some nice touches but shouldn't be a regular starter at this stage in his career for a team that has any ambition. Not really sure we have any these days so he'll enjoy getting some experience under his belt. 6
Semedo - surprised when he came off so assume he has some sort of knock. 6
Coady - Out of form and it's affecting the whole team as defensively we are a shambles, partic. from set pieces. 4
Boly - Ugly first half, beaten far too much and responsible for the first goal. 4
Saiss - Poor distribution and responsible for the 4th goal. 4
Dendoncker - powder puff who again demonstrated he puts his own welfare above the team. Disgusted with him when he pulled out of a very winnable challenge midway through the second half. This guy is one of the reasons we are playing like we are. Lacking commitment and quality. One to bin if we are to progress. 4
Neves - Must be asking himself what future he has at the club. Far from the worse player but subbed to allow experience for Vitinha. 6
Traore - Awful day. Gave away the second goal. Lucky not to see red for his hand to the face and then constantly crossing the ball out of play thereafter. 3
Jose - Weak, awful first touch most of the time and offered nothing. Get rid.2
Podence - A shambles. Some fans like him because they think he's clever but he actually harms the team. Constantly gives the ball away and has absolutely no end product. His fake injury spoke volumes about him and his character and I don't want players like this at Wolves. Not even going to give him a mark after that. Disgusted by him.

Vitinha / Silva / Gibbs - White - just joined in with the rest of the crap.

Burnley - well deserved victory and the fact they outran us and out fought us speaks volumes about their commitment compared to ours. They ran 6km more than our players it was reported. Nuff said. 10

Ref - Gave us a break with the Traore yellow instead of red. Let the game flow, no real issues. 8

Nuno - Got some huge problems to sort out and it seems things are not well behind the scenes. These players are no longer playing for each other and seemed uninterested in representing our city today. OK, we know it's strange times, but this is completely unacceptable. Needs to ask himself if he has taken us as far as he can and come up with an honest answer because he has looked clueless and unmotivated himself at time this season.

RE Dendonker, I thought the same when he pulled out of that challenge, unacceptable.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
My take.

The whole team are suffering from Nuno's tactics and way of playing.

Boly looks shambolic lately, he's our best defender.

Podence looks like he can't kick a ball properly, but let's not forget he was great when we first signed him, created loads.

Neves looks like he ain't interested, probably what happens when you play with the donkey he's got next to him in midfield.

Boly is suffering from playing with Saiss and Coady, they're a liability.

Neves suffering from playing with an aging Moutinho, and an absolute Donkey.

Podence suffering because of our whole game plan lately.

The buck stops with Nuno, and he's got to go.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've wanted this season to end after a couple of games, I'm just bored of it, sort of glad we haven't threatened European places....
but, pretty worrying these sort of performances going into next season. And who would sign for us after seeing that??!

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, Sandwell will bully us to defeat , Everyman and his dog knows Burnley will play into corners and bang cross after cross into the box , yet again nuno is to naive in his tactics to stop the source , I heard dyche say just we cut the space for traore ,, there is a manager who stops the opposition threat , next week will be no different, crosses and bullied and we still won’t be prepared for it , I fear the worst

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m usually the happiest of clappers but I am fuming at that performance. I don’t care if a very underwhelming season is fizzling out, the very least I expect from a wolves team is effort. The fact that burnley ran over 6km more than us is absolutely embarrassing.
thoughts on players;
Patricio - 5 - didn’t really do anything wrong and was left hopelessly exposed by our appalling defence.
Saiss - 2 - was going to say he was the best of a very bad back 3, and then he ****ed up and gave them a 4th goal.
Coady - 2 - sorry skipper, that was inept.
Boly - 1 - by far his worst performance in a wolves shirt. Calamitous.
semedo - 3 - yet another goal given away. Caught flat footed, although traore’s pass was stupid.
Ait-nouri - 6 - our best player. Tried hard. Some decent runs forward. The least of our problems defensively. Sign him.
Dendoncker - 2 - hate to say it, but I want us to sell him this summer. He just doesn’t give us enough in the middle. Is ok defensively but he consistently slows down our play and has no creativity whatsoever.
Neves - 5 - the only wolves player who consistently found a gold shirt. Nowhere near his best but better than most of his teammates.
Podence - 2 - completely anonymous. Has looked miles off the pace since his latest injury. Has a lot to prove.
traore - 2 - headless chicken. Amazingly consistent at finding the stand with crosses. A big step backwards from his recent upturn in form.
Jose - 2 - another one who anonymous. Not entirely his fault as he received zero service.

Subs
Silva - 4 - did ok. Definitely getting more confident.
Vitinha - 5 - was gutted he didn’t start. Looked decent is his cameo.
Gibbs-white - 4 - no major impact but was neat and tidy.

nuno - ahhh Nuno. What can I say. I love you but that was appalling. I really want to see some passion and anger from you after that performance. I know it’s not normally how you roll but those players need to know that’s not acceptable to surrender like that. Was really hoping he was going to mix up the team a bit today and give Vitinha and otasowie a game. But his team selection was very unimaginative.
I still believe he was can take us forward again next season but I do think we need about 4-5 changes to the first team squad. That said, another performance like that next time out against the **** and even I will question his future.

R

reanswolf

Well that was weak, slow, insipid, embarrassing.......................

Rui - 5 - couldnt do anything about the goals with such a weak defence in front of him, must be getting peed off
Semedo - 4 - didn't do too much wrong but was not very good
Alt Nouri - 6 - best of our players, several good runs
Coady - 4 - exposed for pace and strength against Woods
Boly - 4 - a few glaring errors that cost us
Saiss - 4 - really looks immobile but not really a wing back
Donk - 4 - Steady early on but so poor in possession, even when in space its just a short pass backwards.
Neves - 5 - not really at the races
Traore - 5 - several runs but crossing poor but at least kept trying
Podence - 3 - sorry but lost count number of times he lost the ball, questioning his purchase now.
Jose - 3 - total lack of urgency, contrast his game to that of Woods

SUBS - Silva worked hard as did Vitinha and MGW but they are all too lightweight and immobile, it was like men against boys.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best player was Traore and he probably only gets a 5/10 at best, that shows how abject we were.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful performance. New defence needed Boly Coady look finished the wing backs awful.

The midfield was like statues! Podence just looking for fouls!

We need a new fitness and defence coach

Something is seriously wrong we got dominated by Burnley. Fair play to them they was the better team.

Worst players Dendoncker, Saiss, Coady, Boly, Ait-Nouri, Jose & Neves

Best players Traore, Semedo & Silva

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazed Semedo is getting such high marks. He gives the attacker room to cross every single time. I counted one interception. Pitiful.

The others were garbage too so I'm not singling him out, but then the others didn't cost £40odd million

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Wow another one to add to this seasons classics.

The most talented bunch i've ever seen in a Wolves shirt, but today proved they are Gutless cowards.

No effort, no fight, no running.

Horrendous defending. Couple of long range shots on target but no real chance to speak of in 90 minutes.

I've loved these guys, now not really bothered if any of them get sold in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom