Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Sheffield United - The verdict

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their were positives from last night though i was only able to watch the first half and 10 minutes of the second due to picking the wife up from work.
Firstly another 3 points is always a positive, then Semedo and Ait Nouri i liked AN.s corners he generally crosses a good ball, Adama was Adama a mix of good and bad with the best being his assist for Jose, Jose finally got his goal those were the positives, now for the slight negative. We seem to be in a similar position to the Albion were a few years ago do we try to change from Pullis ball to a more attractive style ?, from whats become Nunoball over the past 12 months back to what we were for the first 2 1/2 seasons under Nuno, I hope we can change back to what we were because this last 12 months have not been enjoyable for various reasons.
As for not liking what posters write thats because we are all Wolves fans and try to see the positive side of games and put the crap stuff that we see to the back of our minds, I listened to Radio WM on the way to picking the missus up and the commentators Mel Eves was one of them they were both praising Podence, well what i saw of him when i watched the first 60 minutes i must have watched a different game.. we can all watch the same game and all have varying degrees of positives and negatives from that same game.. role on 2021/22 season when we can hopefully all get back to the Molineux again, and bring back that feel good factor thats been missing since Covid brought closed stadiums and lockdowns..

D

Deleted member yltz11841

i very much doubt that fans who actually go to games and know what he has done for us would ever boo nuno.
Nuno has done a lot but he isn’t infallible and beyond any criticism. Your comment will be popular though as it hits all the right notes, stourport will be along shortly to give you a like I’m sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fans make such a massive impact on performances, I do hope the club takes that into consideration the next time they put ticket prices up. The more people talk about the lack of fans being the issue makes me think the club should be paying us to watch rather than the other way around.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I am sure Nuno has his reasons but I couldn’t get my head round why he started left footed Saiss on the right and right footed Boly on the left .
I realise Boly can play on either side but Saiss was poor in the first half on that side.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I think we’re a team that thrive off the atmosphere a crowd offers. Why do you think Man City have done so well this season? None of the players have noticed any difference.
Il agree city stadium noise is poor with or without fans, that being said I could argue the manager has a job to motivate the players, Imagine if they had an atmosphere as well.(this is not a post comparing players, funds etc)

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I am sure Nuno has his reasons but I couldn’t get my head round why he started left footed Saiss on the right and right footed Boly on the left .
I realise Boly can play on either side but Saiss was poor in the first half on that side.
I agree, I wonder if he felt Rayan needed the extra presence of Boly next to him?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their were positives from last night though i was only able to watch the first half and 10 minutes of the second due to picking the wife up from work.
Firstly another 3 points is always a positive, then Semedo and Ait Nouri i liked AN.s corners he generally crosses a good ball, Adama was Adama a mix of good and bad with the best being his assist for Jose, Jose finally got his goal those were the positives, now for the slight negative. We seem to be in a similar position to the Albion were a few years ago do we try to change from Pullis ball to a more attractive style ?, from whats become Nunoball over the past 12 months back to what we were for the first 2 1/2 seasons under Nuno, I hope we can change back to what we were because this last 12 months have not been enjoyable for various reasons.
As for not liking what posters write thats because we are all Wolves fans and try to see the positive side of games and put the crap stuff that we see to the back of our minds, I listened to Radio WM on the way to picking the missus up and the commentators Mel Eves was one of them they were both praising Podence, well what i saw of him when i watched the first 60 minutes i must have watched a different game.. we can all watch the same game and all have varying degrees of positives and negatives from that same game.. role on 2021/22 season when we can hopefully all get back to the Molineux again, and bring back that feel good factor thats been missing since Covid brought closed stadiums and lockdowns..
Pod didn't have a great game and looked far from fit. Despite that he kept going and showing for the ball. That sort of spirit is worth having. I'd have still subbed him earlier though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has done a lot but he isn’t infallible and beyond any criticism. Your comment will be popular though as it hits all the right notes, stourport will give you a like I’m sure.
Despite rating Nuno l would agree with your first sentence - no one is.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fans make such a massive impact on performances, I do hope the club takes that into consideration the next time they put ticket prices up. The more people talk about the lack of fans being the issue makes me think the club should be paying us to watch rather than the other way around.

That's an excellent idea, can't see it catching on though...!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would certainly increase the ST waiting list! Not holding my breath though...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

...after the Liverpool and West Ham collapses, I kinda like turgid boring 1-0's...the losing feeling lasts until the next match, whereas my memory is at a good age for forgetting stuff in a day or two, so dull wins, Traore and Jose's improving stats, looking at results, tables, and 2min highlights, helps my between match feelings. Here's to stuffing Burnley in a another one niller bore...it is Burnley so anyone expecting a goal fest thriller?
Class response to the question about Sheffield relegation he always speaks well of other teams. Compare that with Jose or ole and the crap they come out with

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I do think our fans make a difference, good or bad.
Very very passionate and noisy.
The commentators last night spoke a lot about Sheffield United missing the fans and how it affected some teams more than others.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think our fans make a difference, good or bad.
Very very passionate and noisy.
Both ways though. Some of the performances of late would of been unpleasant. Very intimidating stadium and some of the best fans. Think I have visited every stadium over the years and only ST Andrews was more vocal.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui - 7- did his job and commanded well
RaN - 8 - joint MOM for me, chalk and cheese with how he was earlier in the season, been doing very well
Coady - 6 - distribution shocking, defensively suspect
Saiss - 6 - see Coady
Boly - 7.5 - our best CB by a long long way
Semedo - 8 - joint MOM, same as RAN he's been our most consistent performer recently
Donk - 6 - did a bit better in places but gets dribbled past as if he's a five year old playing mens football
Moutinho - 6 - again some good moments but also looked like he struggled at times, think Vitinha should have come on sooner
Podence - 6 - don't get it. Think he's very average, he's not particularly quick, rarely takes a player on, final pass or shot is generally poor.
Traore - 8 - joint MOM, the literal opposite of DP, always trying to make something happen, inject life into the game and our monotonous style of play
Jose - 7 - I've been one of his biggest critics but last two games a lot better from him, he's actually trying to get more involved. Still wouldn't buy him mind

Subs all 6 didn't really do much

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

...after the Liverpool and West Ham collapses, I kinda like turgid boring 1-0's...the losing feeling lasts until the next match, whereas my memory is at a good age for forgetting stuff in a day or two, so dull wins, Traore and Jose's improving stats, looking at results, tables, and 2min highlights, helps my between match feelings. Here's to stuffing Burnley in a another one niller bore...it is Burnley so anyone expecting a goal fest thriller?
It would be nice to win three on the trot for a change!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful - next time he's on will turn the sound off. TBH I've never been impressed by his commentating on us for years ago. Astounds me that anybody thinks he likes us. Yes, it was a close game, we didn't play well and were a bit lucky to win, but Sheff Utd are far from the Barcelona he was making them out to be. He gets most of his analysis wrong, too.

I don’t get this, read this thread, read the Comms thread, if you have the stomach for it, according to all and sundry we were bloody awful!!!!!

What the hell do you expect him to say man?????

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think today showed how important Neves is to us! He sets the tempo for the team with his passing in the middle and closing down lacked that bite in the middle...

i thought he’d been out 1 game not 20?

every injured player becomes the reason for our abject performances, we were missing Neves & Neto last night....but played exactly the same dog**** football with them for the last 20+ games

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I’d been at that game and we’d won 1-0, I would have loved it. Watching it on the TV though was painful and I never thought I’d say that about a Wolves Premier League victory.

We need to remember though, 2 seasons ago, Huddersfield did the double over us, so maybe we shouldn’t get too over expectant.
Huddersfield did the double over us because we wilfully gave up all possession of the ball and let them dominate us. Much like last night. It fries my brain that we still play like that against sides low on confidence. Truly bizarre.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t that one of his original grand plans? Think it is something to do with diagonal cross field passes.
Problem is Saiss has never looked comfortable there.
But Boly is better on the left, looks like he’s decided to keep Boly and Coady in their best positions and make do with whoever on the right until the transfer window.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suggest one stays away from contributing to, or even reading the commentary thread; it screws with one’s head and 30 karaoke supporters spouting misery makes one fall in to the trap that one supports a terrible team and within minutes, one is writing rubbish that this is the worst experience had since the last time watching Wolves play.
I have more or less abandoned this forum because of this hysterical and wholly disproportionate minority.

I know of several others who have done the same.

Something has to be done, but I dont know what, believing in free speech as a basic principle.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand why teams don't really go for it against us in the first half. They surely know how cautious and passive we are and how little we score or get the first goal.

Teams could be 2 or 3 up at halftime if they bombarded our penalty area for the first 45 minutes.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really starting to look like Nuno sees no future here for MGW.

I will find it really saddening if he goes on to be a top player elsewhere, it does feel like he’s never been given a proper chance here. Guess it’s just his natural way of playing and position doesn’t fit Nuno’s style. But after watching a couple of our recent borefests maybe him or someone similar is precisely what we’re missing.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really starting to look like Nuno sees no future here for MGW.

I will find it really saddening if he goes on to be a top player elsewhere, it does feel like he’s never been given a proper chance here. Guess it’s just his natural way of playing and position doesn’t fit Nuno’s style. But after watching a couple of our recent borefests maybe him or someone similar is precisely what we’re missing.

It's the same with Vitinha this season to be fair. Ait-Nouri is probably only getting game time because of injuries. Hoever never plays.

I don't actually think we have been a good team for bringing youth through the last few seasons. We have very much become a team that selects the same players every week regardless of performance and it is extremely difficult for anyone to break into the side.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I have more or less abandoned this forum because of this hysterical and wholly disproportionate minority.

Something has to be done, but I dont know what, believing in free speech as a basic principle.
If only there was an ignore function that posters could use :rolleyes:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui Patricio easy MotM.

Really liked Dendoncker tonight as well. Feel like we life without him. He pressed so hard all night.

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score

I assume it’s due to the language. Putting Boly with his fellow French speaker.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring 1st half, bit better 2nd, great goal on counter, arguably could have one/two more.

Positives
Nelson
RAN
Boly
Adama (2nd half)

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question, are there people on here who still judge us, and football in general, as they did pre covid?

This ain’t football, this ain’t the premier league. It’s not even a pale imitation anymore, it’s just complete and utter nothingness.

3 points, survival guaranteed, now roll on august ffs as I can’t stand much more of this.
Thank you !!! This !!!

I still cannot believe that fans consider this normal season and it will continue next.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you think now is bad should have been on here 5/6 years ago lol

D

Deleted member LP 3925

I’m with you on all of this and as some of you know, I’ve been considering this too. I do agree that the freedom of speech aspect is important and it gets me that it feels that some posters have more than others, although I guess that is just a feeling. It is interesting to see the survival strategy that is evolving:
- if one slots ‘I’ve been positive about Semedo’ or similar in between 20 negative posts about our team, that makes one ‘balanced’ and ‘seeing the bigger picture’.
- claiming that abuse has become personal is now a significant line of defence that wins plaudits
- moving on to claiming how we are doomed next season unless things change because one was incorrect that we were doomed this season
- using the extreme words ‘dog ****e’ or similar to describe our performances is becoming a norm. I find this the most offensive as a supporter. Even when we do play badly I see our team do 50 intricate, skilful moves during the match which are way beyond anything we ever saw under MM and co. We have some wonderful passages of play, even if it does start with three passes back to Coady.

@wolvesjoe - you’ve always been a great, thoughtful, poster who doesn’t have to scream to show you care. We don’t want to lose you too.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thank you !!! This !!!

I still cannot believe that fans consider this normal season and it will continue next.
I do think there's a lot of tolerance which might not be there amongst fans at the ground. Injuries have also ravaged us. I'm happy to stick with Nuno and see how it goes next season, he has so much in the bank for me. However not every team has consistently produced such dreary performances and I do think the pressure will be on by Christmas if we're ticking along in 11-15th and playing on the counter without even having the players to do it.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
When we got promoted in 2003 I remember saying that next season would take care of itself ,I just wanted to wallow in gaining promotion.Obviously it didn’t work out well and next time we went up we survived longer because we were pragmatic but failed to move on and develop.
This time round unlike the 2 previous occasions where we worked towards promotion over a number of seasons ,we gained promotion from such a low base added to by the influx of quality signings .
We developed a style that was admired by many and to a degree developed into a fairly established PL team .
We are now at a crossroads where we need to push on because we have become somewhat staid and predictable.To keep asking for the same players to keep going to the well will eventually catch up with you because unless you push on you will eventually drop -Stoke ,Coventry,Charlton ,Forest and Wimbledon amongst many others immediately spring to mind .
Thinking back I am pretty sure I have suffered 8 Relegations in my lifetime ,sometimes unlucky but mainly down to bad owners ,bad planning and poor investment and certainly stagnation .
We have to move forward now because unless we do all the progress we have made will become eroded and I don’t think I could take a 9th drop.
I don’t want the earth ,merely attractive football and maybe a Cup win or two down the line because football is about enjoyment and not endurement and boy we have had bucket loads of the latter (for a variety of reasons ) this season .

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
If we are allowed back in the ground in August my fear is that our fans have now woken up a little to our style of play.

The style of football has nothing to do with no fans we've played this way since the start of last season I thought it was due to the fact we were trying to save energy to play Sunday-Thursday every week. It's been made worse by losing Jota to lead our counter attacks.

In the ground it feels different, most of us are full of beer the atmosphere makes it feel more special.

D

Deleted member 11332

i very much doubt that fans who actually go to games and realise what he has done for us would ever sink to the depths and boo nuno off the pitch.

Fans booed McCarthy who built a squad for us on virtually zero spend when we had about 6 players signed to contracts and took that squad to the premier League and kept them there for 3 years.

D

Deleted member 11332

If we are allowed back in the ground in August my fear is that our fans have now woken up a little to our style of play.

The style of football has nothing to do with no fans we've played this way since the start of last season I thought it was due to the fact we were trying to save energy to play Sunday-Thursday every week. It's been made worse by losing Jota to lead our counter attacks.

In the ground it feels different, most of us are full of beer the atmosphere makes it feel more special.

Surely everyone knew we were a counter attacking side already, but when we got the ball there was a threat there of breaking at lightning speed while defenders are off balance. We don't really do that now, very slow build up passing game compared to even the start of last season. We've gone from top of the league for shots from counter attacks to the bottom this season. Obviously Jota and Raul were both crucial to this. Sitting deep itself isn't an issue but that needs to be paired with the style of attack we are used to. Conceding possession then when getting it knocking it about for a bit then giving it back just puts you under more pressure.

Back
Top Bottom