Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team VS Arsenal

T

TheConcourse

Will Nuno go four at the back? I doubt it.
Was Donk poor on Sat? Yup.
Was Pod much better over the last two matches? No.
I don’t think he will either.
Happy to defend Pod after a recent injury. He has to be playing centrally through. He doesn’t have enough pace for the wing.

Another alternative is to give Traore a free role... could potentially be a disaster but I like the idea of the space he’d create in the rest of midfield.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An early goal for Arsenal may be good(in a weird way) we generally concede anyway at least it would be early on and we may have to attack a little more
Was watching the Palace game and said wouldnt it actually be nice to score the first goal in a game now and then! Thing is I know exactly what we would do if we did.. Defend deep and show absolutely nothing going forward until they eventually score...

We talk about players and formations but until the mentality changes (which comes from the manager unfortunately) we will struggle to win games..

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what l think Nuno will go for.
It’s what I thought he’d play against Palace, as far as I’m concerned given our available players it’s our strongest team, regardless of the Traore and Dendonker scapegoating.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the face of it yes.

The Albion game was nothing to do with playing 4 at the back. We dominated the game. Two individual errors and a long throw.

Brighton was an average performance that swung on a moment of absolute madness from Moutinho. Again, we looked most susceptible from set pieces during the game.
Boly's wasn't just an individual error. He was left in a situation where we were 3 on 2 due to us losing the ball. He had two men he needed to cover and that is why the mistake happened.
There have been way way too many occasions where we have been outnumbered at the back since we have made the switch.
To say we dominated means nothing when you are such a soft touch, which we have become since switching to the back 4.
We weren't THIS bad before we made the switch.

And okay we dominated, but we didn't really create a massive amount against the albion. Don't forget our goals came from set pieces that they had the chance to clear.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio

Hoever Boly Kilman Semedo

Neves Dendoncker Otasowie

Traore Jose Neto

Win, lose or draw, if we attack then I can accept it. Ultra defensive, anti football, sack him. I’ve had enough of that **** and he has no excuses for playing it. 1 signing in January, no one else to blame but himself.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Patricio

Traore Jose Neto

Win, lose or draw, if we attack then I can accept it. Ultra defensive, anti football, sack him. I’ve had enough of that **** and he has no excuses for playing it. 1 signing in January, no one else to blame but himself.
What’s the betting our first corner ends up straight back to Coady or Patricio rather than in the box?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Hoever Coady Boly Semedo
Neves D'Doncker
Neto Traore Podence
Jose
I am sick to death of seeing Traore on the wing. Put him through the middle with the protection of Neves and Donk behind. Just ****ing run at them and make them commit, freeing up space for Neto and Podence.

I would drop Belgian Dave 100% if Saiss was fit.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio

Traore Jose Neto

Agree. Attack, attack, attack. From the whistle.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Massive game, need some points, more importantly I think.. We need an actual performance.

Don't even mind if we lose, please just have a go Nuno, and try and actually attack the game.

T

TheConcourse

Boly's wasn't just an individual error. He was left in a situation where we were 3 on 2 due to us losing the ball. He had two men he needed to cover and that is why the mistake happened.
There have been way way too many occasions where we have been outnumbered at the back since we have made the switch.
To say we dominated means nothing when you are such a soft touch, which we have become since switching to the back 4.
We weren't THIS bad before we made the switch.

And okay we dominated, but we didn't really create a massive amount against the albion. Don't forget our goals came from set pieces that they had the chance to clear.
I hear you. I don’t think either formation is without flaws.

But the big difference now is that we have a #9 who is capable of holding the ball. That’s huge for us and if it helps bring our other players into the game then we’ll be in a much stronger position.

We can’t play a 4 at the back and turn possession over so easily, which is what we did at West Ham.

But if we’re confident of managing the ball and keeping possession then we should go for it. If not, stick with the 5 and manage the risk. It’s boring, but it’ll get us points.

MontyR

Reaction score
I’m all for a back 5 if it keeps goals out and we counter attack, but I didn’t like the look of it against Palace.

Rui
Hoever Boly Kiliman Semedo
Neves Otasowie
Podence Adama Neto
Jose

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will happen. Arsenal are class.
Cant disagree but we shall see. If so, relegation seems very likely with the obvious consequences
I’m all for a back 5 if it keeps goals out and we counter attack, but I didn’t like the look of it against Palace.

Rui
Hoever Boly Kiliman Semedo
Neves Otasowie
Podence Adama Neto
Jose
Don't think it really matters. Boring game in which we will defend In numbers; move forwards/sideways/backwards (rinse and repeat) with glacial intent; totally balls up the few chances we create; concede comedy goals due to mistimed tackles/misjudged offside appeals/penalties conceded outside the area but judged inside by VAR.

For light relief best pick the team blindfold out of a hat and send them out saying "just enjoy yourself and get stuck in" knowing neither of these will happen.

And that's if things go our way....

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we stick with a back 5.

This changing formation after two bad game malarkey reeks of the managerial equivalent of hit and hope.

I know we beat Arsenal with a 4, but we didn't beat anyone else with a 4!

As for the team, I imagine it will be the same with Adama in for Podence.

Obligatory @MrJamez enlighten us shout out

T

TheConcourse

Before he came to Wolves he played (almost exclusively, I believe) as a winger...
Interesting. I’m not feeling it, but then we are comparing totally different managers, squads, leagues and a host of other variables.

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No matter what team we put out they will all play like donkeys and lose

geowolf

Reaction score
Really looking forward to a 4-2-1-3 display of thrilling football. Can science explain why I'm an optimist?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strange thing about being a Wolves fan is that, retrospectively, you have funnier memories of the games when we've been scorched e.g. 2-8 v Southampton; 0-6 v Liverpool; 0-6 v Southampton (?); 0-5 v Barnsley.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I've had enough.

Grow a pair of balls, Nuno, and attack the *******s.

Get the ****s by the throat and squeeze.

Tell Coady and Moutinho that sorry, tonight we're playing with pace, power and aggression and they're sitting this one out. Tell Adama he's the fastest ****ing forward in the world and if no ****er can keep up with him go on his own stick the ball in the ****ing net. Tell Neves he's one of the best midfield players in Europe and it's time to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Tell Willian he's playing in one of the iconic stadiums of English football, and there might be no fans in the ground but we're all watching at home.

Tell them not to worry about making a mistake.

Tell them when they've scored one to go for two. Tell them when they've scored two to go for three. When they've scored three go for four.

And tell someone to do that **** Luiz.

Team talk over

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I've had enough.

Grow a pair of balls, Nuno, and attack the *******s.

Get the ****s by the throat and squeeze.

Tell Coady and Moutinho that sorry, tonight we're playing with pace, power and aggression and they're sitting this one out. Tell Adama he's the fastest ****ing forward in the world and if no ****er can keep up with him go on his own stick the ball in the ****ing net. Tell Neves he's one of the best midfield players in Europe and it's time to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Tell Willian he's playing in one of the iconic stadiums of English football, and there might be no fans in the ground but we're all watching at home.

Tell them not to worry about making a mistake.

Tell them when they've scored one to go for two. Tell them when they've scored two to go for three. When they've scored three go for four.

And tell someone to do that **** Luiz.

Team talk over
Too true. Genuinely, it is a terrible shame that the ground cant be full of us passing on these messages at full throttle.

If we meekly lose think I will almost die of shame.... Surely it cant happen, can it?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strange thing about being a Wolves fan is that, retrospectively, you have funnier memories of the games when we've been scorched e.g. 2-8 v Southampton; 0-6 v Liverpool; 0-6 v Southampton (?); 0-5 v Barnsley.

I remember a 5-0 defeat to Fulham in the McCarthy relegation year, think Connor was in charge by then. I have no funny memories of it though. We were so bad and so thoroughly outclassed, it could have been 10-0. The gap that day looked bigger than the gap between us and Chorley the other week.

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Can we break this performance pattern and score first, kick on by being creative in midfield?

maybe, so cmon Wolves I’d like to see Jose get his first goal tonight. I’m going 2-1...!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Moutinho starts I've got a series of DIY SOS lined up on the Sky box.

I'd nodded off watching the Palace match the other day. At exactly the moment they scored. That's a first. Not conceding a goal, but falling asleep watching any football match. Of course our thrilling high energy comeback kept me awake for the rest of it.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly - and I hate to write this - but if we lose tonight, or even draw 0-0 with an another Chorley/Chelsea/Palace performance that probably moves me into the 'Nuno out' camp.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I would like to see these, I also want the tempo and less fear and if we go ahead to not sit back. In fact i never ever want to see us sit back, we play best at tempo, sitting back ruins us.

Rui

Otasowie Neves

Neto Podence Adama

Jose​

Back
Top Bottom