Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team VS Arsenal

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way I feel really right now, don't think it matters one jot.

But in all honesty, it has to be Neves in there. Probably Donk but only because him & Moutinho don't work.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Irrelevant what team. The manager is stuck and can't mould any group to be what's needed, another painful defeat coming up

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think it matters what he does. We look totally stuffed. Cant score, no control in midfield or creativity, suspect in defence. The brave choice for me would be 4 at the back and all out attack. More likely to be ten men behind the ball, no central midfield and Jose feeding off scraps and then another **** up in defence.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 at the back has at least reduced chances against us, so I'd go 352.

Rui
Boly coady Kilman
Traore Saiss Neves Semedo
Podence
Neto Willy J

Saiss, if available, would offer defensive cover for Traore.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We go 5 at the back we will create **** all as usual. That is the dilemma. We just know it will be give Arsenal all the possession and sit back and watch them like a plucky league one side.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You rate Hoever then?
I do, he was unlucky to come off today, his cross in the first half showed his talents

Sondegard
Hoever Boly Kilman Semedo
Traore neves otasowie neto
Jose Silva

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Hoever - Boly - Kilman - Semedo
Neves - Vitinha - Saiss
Traore - Jose - Neto

Ten yards further forward, win the ball higher up the pitch, pass forward, higher tempo.

D

Deleted member 11332

Needs to be a back 4. We've seen that the back 5 means we offer zero going forward. I don't care if we concede, let's try and score eh?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1

Rui
Hoever - boly - Kilman - hoever
Neves - Otasowie
Adama - podence - neto
Jose.

Time to attack a game for ****ing once.

This. But with Semedo instead of Hoever twice lol.

The way we played against Arsenal at The Emirates is one of the only halves of football I've enjoyed this season. Bar Raul's injury of course.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rui
However - Kilman - Boly - Semedo
Otaswoie - Neves
Podence
Adama Jose neto

Or

4-4-2
Rui
However Kilman boly Sem
Adam Neves Otaswoie/Vit Neto
Adama Jose

Needs freshening up and something

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way I feel really right now, don't think it matters one jot.

But in all honesty, it has to be Neves in there. Probably Donk but only because him & Moutinho don't work.
Particularly if Saiss, who has worked well with Neves previously, isn't available.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
However - Kilman - Boly - Semedo
Otaswoie - Neves
Podence
Adama Jose neto

Or

4-4-2
Rui
However Kilman boly Sem
Adam Neves Otaswoie/Vit Neto
Adama Jose

Needs freshening up and something
Who's this However??? To be fair predictive text tried to do that to me too, lol!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If 4 at the back:

Patricio
Semedo Boly Kilman Hoever
Neves Otasowie
Neto Vitinha Traore
Jose
If 3 at the back:

Patricio
Boly Coady Kilman
Semedo Neves Otasowie Hoever
Vitinha Neto
Jose
It's truly time, not to be senitmental and loyal, knowing of the predictament we are in.

It's clear whose off form and needs dropping and it's clear that the way we came forward at the Emirates, must be the way we go; knowing of the excecution we had going forward that evening. And that strength and muster - in the middle of the park, as well as using some of the youthful talent on the books a proper go: is exactly what we need, in the game of the kind.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play our U23 team. I dont think it will make any difference to the end result but I predict the effort and desire levels will go up.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drop Rui, Coady, Mountinho (cos he's legs have gone but love him all the same) and Donk. So my team:
Ruddy, Boly, Kilman, Saiss, Hoever, Neves, Vitinha, Semedo, Traore, Willian, Neto.

geowolf

Reaction score
Rui
Semedo Boly Kilman RAN
Neves Moutinho
MGW
Traore Willian Neto

D

Deleted member 4184

Patricio
Semedo
Boly
Coady
Kilman
Hoever

Neves
Vitinha

Traore
Willian Jose
Neto

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio
Hoever- Kilman-Coady-Boly-Semedo
Dendoncker-Neves
Vitinha
Jose-Neto
It has to be Patricio in goal. Boly and Kilman inverted so that they can play balls between the fullback and center half out for the wing backs.
Kept the faith with coady, because I still think he brings a lot despite his lapses of late and if the wing backs suddenly start pushing on into the spaces they're meant to, his outball is second to none. Dendoncker and Neves are our best pairing in the middle though not what I'd prefer out of a pairing in this formation. Neves' ability to win the ball back is incredible, and dendoncker puts himself about the place, but neither seem to carry the ball forward well. As such they need to cover the wing back positions, the team has started playing 7 back instead of the main reason for having deep lying midfielders in this formation, so you can have 5 in attack at the same time when the wingbacks join.

I've gone with vitinha, as I feel going forward that position needs to be nurtured and Podence needs to be phased back in. Jose and Neto up front because Jose seems to have a killer instinct and Neto's carrying the team's forwards anyway. Plus who knows we could kick off a new partnership.

Subs?
If arsenal surrender the midfield swap dendoncker for Moutinho, he plays best when he's in control, but isn't good at taking control.

If we're over run in midfield take off vitinha and bring on otasowie.

If arsenal sit back, drop coady and bring on Podence.

If vitinha is too light weight but the system is working, swap him for MGW.

If we can't get the ball to stick out wide, drop vitinha and bring on Traore

If we're getting the ball into the box, but being crowded out, swap Neto for Fabio Silva (Sounds ridiculous I know, but one thing I've noticed about Silva is he occupies people in attack doesn't know how to drop off them, will free up Jose, and allow late runs from the Donck.)

Edit; I've decided to apply for the job if Nuno gets the sack, I'm a genius.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Formation depends on whether we wanna lose 4-1 or 1-0.

Really can’t see us doing anything other than five at the back after all the talk pre- and post-Chelsea about us being more solid and cutting out defensive mistakes. Change it back again to a back four against these and Saka, Lacazette, Smith-Rowe and a returning Aubameyang will have a right laugh.

Unfortunately we need to sit in but we need to get much better at building attacks when we have the ball.

Not sure it matters but play Adama cause the others can’t do owt. Him and Neto on at the same time and with Jose down the middle and we’ve got a chance of nicking something.

Desperate for a win - any type of win will do.

No passengers so no MGW, no Vitinha, and sadly no Moutinho. Podence was so poor at keeping hold of the ball yesterday. Thought it was a toss up between who to start out of him and Adama yesterday but no doubt for this one.

With all this in mind:

Rui

Semedo
Boly
Coady
Kilman
Saiss (if fit, Hoever if not)

Neves
Dendoncker

Adama
Jose
Neto

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Formation depends on whether we wanna lose 4-1 or 1-0.

Really can’t see us doing anything other than five at the back after all the talk pre- and post-Chelsea about us being more solid and cutting out defensive mistakes. Change it back again to a back four against these and Saka, Lacazette, Smith-Rowe and a returning Aubameyang will have a right laugh.

Unfortunately we need to sit in but we need to get much better at building attacks when we have the ball.

Not sure it matters but play Adama cause the others can’t do owt. Him and Neto on at the same time and with Jose down the middle and we’ve got a chance of nicking something.

Desperate for a win - any type of win will do.

No passengers so no MGW, no Vitinha, and sadly no Moutinho. Podence was so poor at keeping hold of the ball yesterday. Thought it was a toss up between who to start out of him and Adama yesterday but no doubt for this one.

With all this in mind:

Rui

Semedo
Boly
Coady
Kilman
Saiss (if fit, Hoever if not)

Neves
Dendoncker

Adama
Jose
Neto
Swap donk for otasowie and that is mine too. Donk has lost the edge for elite sport at the moment.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back to basics for me (well as close as possible) :

Rui
Donk (right side)
Coady
Boly (left side)

Semedo (right)
Neves
Otawasie
Mout
Ran (left)

Neto
WJ

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to stick with something familiar for the remainder of the season so I would go three at the back. Neves should return if all is okay with his partner and new born. Traore has to start. Get those crosses into Jose. The rest is more about attitude than personnel.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Saiss or Otasowie with Neves in middle.

Traore RWB Semedo LWB

Boly, Coady and Kilman

Neto, Podence

Jose

Stick with Rui.

Back
Top Bottom