Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2021 Transfer Window

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
Agreed, but it is basic arithmetic.

Is the reason we've lost so many games because we're playing against 13?
So you cant comprehend? 3 midfielders, 2 wingers,1 striker,2 full back, 2 center backs 1 goalie. Err thats 11 I know some people are quite thick on here but hey you won today's prize.
Look at any good side 6 going forward, 7 back when defending back 4 and midfield 3 plain enough!!!!!!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite easily at wing back? What exactly are Semedo and Hoever doing wrong? Where does he improve? What does he have in his game that they dont?

As for in central midfield. Jesus.
Hoever isn't yet good enough IMO. So, he'd play ahead of him. He's physically stronger and better on the ball. This isn't a criticism of Hoever btw, I think he will be great and am delighted with how he's doing. I'm talking about right now though.

How you can dismiss anyone for our midfield the way they've been playing (Neves aside), I don't know!

I'd normally have Donk over him, but he's been awful the past few games.

R

reanswolf

Im sorry but this is what I dont get. Surely that is blind optimism? He'd offer less in midfield than Ottasowie would who isnt getting a game either.
I admit I don't really rate him that much, in the few times I have seen him, but the fact that Leicester, Saints, even us in the summer went for him makes you wonder what there is about him?

But I do know that each time Mouts now plays in a midfield 2, we will lose the midfield battle and likely the whole game. I love him, but he is a pale shadow of his former self and Nuno has overused him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably done it too much. Especially at the back and cm. How are people supposed to build partnerships if they are constantly playing with a different partner.
Injuries, including CV infection/isolation, certainly haven't helped of course.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you cant comprehend? 3 midfielders, 2 wingers,1 striker,2 full back, 2 center backs 1 goalie. Err thats 11 I know some people are quite thick on here but hey you won today's prize.
Look at any good side 6 going forward, 7 back when defending back 4 and midfield 3 plain enough!!!!!!
Your post does assume a certain, rather dated, team set-up. For example, virtually no teams play one, let alone two, out and out winger any more. Three midfielders, two central defenders or one striker certainly aren't givens either.

D

Deleted member 11332

It's Arsenal, we should all have seen enough of him to make our own opinion.

For me, he is clearly a better full-back than Hoever right now, and he would instantly get in the team ahead of Donk or Moutinho the way they are playing.

I disagree with not being better than Hoever. He can't even beat out Cedric for a start.

Unsure if he'd be better than either donk or Moutinho but it'd be a struggle to be worse considering their form.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that's not what you said. Just to remind you:

"All the teams now are setup with a front six and a defensive four. The midfield 3 needs to connect between strikers and defence."

Still makes 13.

And it's incorrect anyway. Not all teams are "set up with a... defensive four." For example, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Nor with "a front 6". For example, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

As you said, "It's not rocket science"

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have genuinely gazumped WBA for Maitland Niles, simple to stop our rivals/relegation getting stronger,
out of spite if you will.
Except if you do that and don't use him you have a disgruntled player in your squad/dressing room. Or, if you sign up to having to use him and he then turns out to be awful you are screwed.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have actually just read what Nuno has actually been quoted as saying and that is "We don't expect anything to happen until the deadline."
That does not indicate that we wont sign someone but more that we will at the least attempt to sign someone last minute. Language interpretation maybe?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have actually just read what Nuno has actually been quoted as saying and that is "We don't expect anything to happen until the deadline."
That does not indicate that we wont sign someone but more that we will at the least attempt to sign someone last minute. Language interpretation maybe?

Interesting. "Until" is certainly different to "before" l agree.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Clutching at straws. Deadline day is over and so may be our season. Nothing more now than a battle to stay up. Everyone already in better form than us has strengthened around us. Big battle coming up and we dont looking at past performances recently the balls for the fight.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's the solution
keeps sticking a foot out Coady
Gets knocked off the ball Silva
Stays on his line Patricio
Can't pass MGW
Past it Moutinho
Can't shoot Dendonker

I'll add a few more of the mystery solutions. Vitinha and Otasowie who hardly ever get a kick. Not really solutions either if they hardly ever get a proper chance. These solutions within are looking thinner by the minute.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think we will sign someone or suddenly turn the "tap" on and start playing well?
No, but I'm not as depressed about it as you appear to be.

Look, let's see what happens in the next few hours - probably nowt - and I still have belief in Nuno's ability to turn things around (though not suddenly, unfortunately! ).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite easily at wing back? What exactly are Semedo and Hoever doing wrong? Where does he improve? What does he have in his game that they dont?

As for in central midfield. Jesus.

Our central midfield is that poor at the moment I would give him a go there if he can run quicker than a snail. Rather that than see Moutinho and Donck playing poorly and keeping their places all the time as Nuno wont use any of the younger options he has put in the first team squad for any run of proper games.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
would have loved william carvalho

then again, he's probably not the player i think he is and i would have been disappointed.

i just hope we give otasowie a good run

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our central midfield is that poor at the moment I would give him a go there if he can run quicker than a snail. Rather that than see Moutinho and Donck playing poorly and keeping their places all the time as Nuno wont use any of the younger options he has put in the first team squad for any run of proper games.
So if he won't use players he sees daily, why would he use AMN?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
would have loved william carvalho

then again, he's probably not the player i think he is and i would have been disappointed.

i just hope we give otasowie a good run
I don't think he's the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. However he's a better bet than AMN at getting forwards.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What surprises me is posters saying that most of the players others sides are signing are crap. wouldnt get in our side etc. I heard these same comments in the summer about some of our rivals signings and these so called rivals currently look streets ahead of us as do the signings they made in the summer compared to the signings we made in the summer. Our central midfield is that bad at present that I would love a new option in there alongside Neves. Someone with pace and an engine. Yet again the club have failed to get the midfielder we clearly needed in this window along with centre back. It will be the same tired and stale options for the rest of the season unless Nuno actually gives the likes of Otasowie, Vitinha a proper chance.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What surprises me is posters saying that most of the players others sides are signing are crap. wouldnt get in our side etc. I heard these same comments in the summer about some of our rivals signings and these so called rivals currently look streets ahead of us as do the signings they made in the summer compared to the signings we made in the summer. Our central midfield is that bad at present that I would love a new option in there alongside Neves. Someone with pace and an engine. Yet again the club have failed to get the midfielder we clearly needed in this window along with centre back. It will be the same tired and stale options for the rest of the season unless Nuno actually gives the likes of Otasowie, Vitinha a proper chance.
Agree fully. These are going to be a horrible 17 games, more than likely summer.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that he must give Vitinha a decent run to see how he slots in and what he can bring to the play. Ditto Otasowie.

Still think you've been too hard on Donk. He is missing chances, but he at least gets there; he has protected both Semedo and Hoever well; and his strength in the air defensively is valuable.

And I still love the way he runs!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does he sit on his hands? Has he not tweaked formations, swapped players round game by game? Or are they not decisions?

Is he churning the same XI out in the same formation every week?

Only really using Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker as central midfield options for most games when Dendoncker and Moutinho look way off the pace. Not utilising Otasowie or Vitinha for a proper run of games when he has got both in his first team squad and the central midfield regularly looks very poor. To me I fail to see where these solutions within the current squad are for central midfield apart from Neves.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our midfielders are on a bad run of form, they’re not a bad midfield. Big difference.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever isn't yet good enough IMO. So, he'd play ahead of him. He's physically stronger and better on the ball. This isn't a criticism of Hoever btw, I think he will be great and am delighted with how he's doing. I'm talking about right now though.

How you can dismiss anyone for our midfield the way they've been playing (Neves aside), I don't know!

I'd normally have Donk over him, but he's been awful the past few games.

Totally agree. How can anyone dismiss any sort of signing for central midfield when Neves apart our options look really poor. The central midfield looks that bad even Maitland Niles would at least offer an engine and pace. Staggers me that anyone can look at the central midfield we currently have and not think it would be worth at least taking some sort of gamble now. We are plummeting down the league. One win in god knows how many games and the midfield looks woeful. The club could at least take some sort of gamble and get someone in who might have an impact rather than sitting on their hands and the same old midfield not performing week after week. At least try something. I could understand more if Nuno was using Otasowie or Vitinha more but he isnt. He has chosen this small squad and those two are next in line to a consistently underperforming Moutinho and Dendoncker. He has chosen to have Vitinha and Otasowie in the squad. Why is he not giving them a proper chance? Surely he has to try something different rather than wheeling out Donck and Moutinho game after game?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if he won't use players he sees daily, why would he use AMN?

I would suggest he is better and we will see that at the ****. We will come back and discuss this in a few weeks if you want. I will happily hold my hand up if he is **** there. Will you hold your hand up if he is really good there which I think he will be?

Back
Top Bottom