Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Losing Faith in Fosun

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think fosun have lost faith in us with a pandemic causing economic uncertainty and the chinese geopolitical situation meaning no investment overseas. Maybe we are seeing the signs of an investment company who have got where they want and this our model of sign young and sell for profit without challenging?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure we can. Deafening silence and thinking Shi can do twenty jobs.

The rot set in some time ago people Just failed to see it.
Rot? Really?. You don’t think maybe you’re overreacting a bit?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rot started selling Jota and Doc , too late now. Be typical for us all to come out the other side of the pandemic to be let back in August to see championship football
Yes those two sales - Doc for peanuts (why?) and Jota for not that much considering his potential,sent out a terrible negative signal. Jota in particular is a huge loss. We have massively overpaid for Silva who is simply making up the numbers for at least another 18 months while we overpaid for Semedo also. The prospective fee for Vitinha (£18m?) also seems way over the top. Ait-Nouri the jury is still out and Hoever looks like a good acquisition to be fair. Marcal cheap...for a good reason he has a poor injury record. Pretty shambolic. How we failed to sign a proper striker and attacking midfielder only Nuno and Jeff know. Spurs got Vincius on loan for instance but we still decided to put all our eggs in an 18 year old's basket. Madness.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep agreed. I've mentioned on here before that we never sign a player in their prime. Sometimes you can't think about the resale value and have to bite the bullet. All the biggest teams do this.
Even if it’s wages like Cavani or dare I say it Costa! We need a better bench, 2 players coming on who were shipped out don’t help. I feel for Nuno, there’s no way he wants that bench

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember we were once owned by the Bhatti Brothers.
So tired of this cliche. Remember we were in a European QF and sure as **** won't be back for a long time. What's the grace period for being critical of owners? What's next, remember we were a team of schoolboys in the 19th century?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of posts losing faith in the manager, what about the owners?

This for me

WTF is going on

Club infrastructure is threadbare

Spent £100m in summer and sold £100m meanwhile lining Mendes pockets

Where is the promised investment?

The plan worked for 3 years but feels like it’s going wrong now

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see FOSUN sellijg us soon for a massive profit only after the players have been sold.. a real asset strip could be on the cards folks.
Sell what gems we have, then the club for above £150m minimum..
Back to square one...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s clear they ain’t backing nuno. Why would he recall two players he doesn’t think are good enough.

no excuses .

we’ve known the issues for ages. Go and ****ing sort it

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fosun have lost faith in us with a pandemic causing economic uncertainty and the chinese geopolitical situation meaning no investment overseas. Maybe we are seeing the signs of an investment company who have got where they want and this our model of sign young and sell for profit without challenging?

Whilst lining Mendes pockets

Was always going to come back and bite us at some point

Fun while it lasted

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see FOSUN sellijg us soon for a massive profit only after the players have been sold.. a real asset strip could be on the cards folks.
Back to square one...

You presume there’s someone out there buying football clubs. Not during or just after a global pandemic, there’s not....

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if it’s wages like Cavani or dare I say it Costa! We need a better bench, 2 players coming on who were shipped out don’t help. I feel for Nuno, there’s no way he wants that bench
This is what worries me. MGW was sent out on loan because he isn't PL ready. He plays 5 or 6 games and gets injured. We then call him back as if he's the answer. With Cutrone, he was shipped out because Nuno doesn't rate him. These types of moves hardly fill me with confidence. The worst part is seeing that Jovic went on loan, when we said we wanted a player on loan, not buy. Why didn't we go in for him? These types of mistakes will cost us dearly.

D

Deleted member 4152

It’s clear they ain’t backing nuno. Why would he recall two players he doesn’t think are good enough.

no excuses .

we’ve known the issues for ages. Go and ****ing sort it
Did Fosun tell him to go 4 at the back? Or spend 35 mill on silva and play him lw? with mgw up top?

or go 4 at the back with Semedo and RAN as full backs? Two out and out wing backs

Was that Fosun fault?

Fosun have questions to answer but this is 100% on Nuno.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what worries me. MGW was sent out on loan because he isn't PL ready. He plays 5 or 6 games and gets injured. We then call him back as if he's the answer. With Cutrone, he was shipped out because Nuno doesn't rate him. These types of moves hardly fill me with confidence. The worst part is seeing that Jovic went on loan, when we said we wanted a player on loan, not buy. Why didn't we go in for him? These types of mistakes will cost us dearly.
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think it’s is Nunos doing at all, ultimately it could cost him his job

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Soccer exchange: How a super-agent and a Chinese billionaire planned to trade in players

Everyone should read this article... What is going on now is hardly a surprise to anyone who read this two years ago. Fosun said all the right things because we're consumers to them. They needed Wolves fans on their side and got it. Now that they're in the Prem, they're banking on cashing TV money and using it to buy more assets (aka teenagers) to invest in, to sell at a future date. This will be the inevitable journey for the likes of Neves, Neto, etc.

If Jeff Shi meant what he said all those times he wanted to compete with the top 6 etc, he would've funded actual first team upgrades in the last two seasons. Instead we've seen teenagers brought in, under the guise of "small squad" philosophy which is just to do things on the cheap relative to other Prem clubs.

In August that year, an analyst working for Fosun emailed Mendes’ business partner, Luis Correia, saying: “Our goal is to build a complete system in global football world with you, with different levels of clubs and training facilities … I believe together we can establish our strong presence in every major league.”

One aim was to create a network for identifying players who could later be sold on for profit, Fosun presentations and emails show. A 2016 email from a Fosun executive described investing and trading in players as “the most lucrative part of business in the football industry.”

Look, I know I am cynical, and deep down, sure, Fosun would like to win. Who wouldn't. But they will not spend money on players that they cannot resell for a profit. Only "big names" like Joao Moutinho who are brought in are brought in on a very small fee. Fosun won't put money into the players required to actually make the Top 6 jump. But then once these youngsters have developed into very good players who can, they'll just be sold off for a profit. I've seen enough transfer windows. They'll make tons off this vaccine but only expect youngsters or cheap veterans on the other side of 30. The whole thing is turning out to be very depressing but this is what Fosun is.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Fosun tell him to go 4 at the back? Or spend 35 mill on silva and play him lw? with mgw up top?

or go 4 at the back with Semedo and RAN as full backs? Two out and out wing backs

Was that Fosun fault?

Fosun have questions to answer but this is 100% on Nuno.
Semedo and RAN both played full backs at their previous clubs

signing Silva - who knows who’s decision that was. I don’t see it as nunos.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've lost faith in Fosun some time back to be honest (and have been posting on the forum about it too). I think their transfer policy has been nothing short of poor. They clearly have a lot of naivety in regards to running and progressing a football club.
Actually, I think many fans are the naive one. Many times on the Mix I am amazed at the lack of basic business and corporate practices.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you can sign and sell players at a profit , if they are not supported by a successful team. I can’t believe Jota or Doherty would have gone for £5O million if we had not performed well last season. Or Costa and Cavaleiro sold for good money if we hadn’t got promoted.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to square one...
Or league one

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Soccer exchange: How a super-agent and a Chinese billionaire planned to trade in players

Everyone should read this article... What is going on now is hardly a surprise to anyone who read this two years ago. Fosun said all the right things because we're consumers to them. They needed Wolves fans on their side and got it. Now that they're in the Prem, they're banking on cashing TV money and using it to buy more assets (aka teenagers) to invest in, to sell at a future date. This will be the inevitable journey for the likes of Neves, Neto, etc.

If Jeff Shi meant what he said all those times he wanted to compete with the top 6 etc, he would've funded actual first team upgrades in the last two seasons. Instead we've seen teenagers brought in, under the guise of "small squad" philosophy which is just to do things on the cheap relative to other Prem clubs.

Look, I know I am cynical, and deep down, sure, Fosun would like to win. Who wouldn't. But they will not spend money on players that they cannot resell for a profit. Only "big names" like Joao Moutinho who are brought in are brought in on a very small fee. Fosun won't put money into the players required to actually make the Top 6 jump. But then once these youngsters have developed into very good players who can, they'll just be sold off for a profit. I've seen enough transfer windows. They'll make tons off this vaccine but only expect youngsters or cheap veterans on the other side of 30. The whole thing is turning out to be very depressing but this is what Fosun is.
Us going down ( which I personally still dint think will happen) will totally ruin all this though and they know that. Neto ripping up the premier league is worth double ripping up the championship

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley yes.... have you heard how they are financing the deal?

Not good.
Never said it was good, just answered your question that there are clubs being bought/sold.

Due you think FOSUN who would a cows testical on the buyers financing the deal to pay back, as long as they get their money they will be off counting the yen /money with big smiles.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So tired of this cliche. Remember we were in a European QF and sure as **** won't be back for a long time. What's the grace period for being critical of owners? What's next, remember we were a team of schoolboys in the 19th century?
Please remember that in the 19th century we were a team of schoolboys.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Us going down ( which I personally still dint think will happen) will totally ruin all this though and they know that. Neto ripping up the premier league is worth double ripping up the championship
I dread Neto being sold in the next 12 months ala Jota. It's going to be a cycle that never ends.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to square one...
That’s depressing but to be fair that hasn’t happened yet . Neves , Traore and Jimenez could have been sold for £120 million last summer if that was the plan . I really felt Fosun thought Jota and Doherty could be replaced .

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think it’s is Nunos doing at all, ultimately it could cost him his job
It will unfortunately. Something isn't quite right. I'm not sure whether Mendes has too much weight regarding our transfer e.g. getting us to pay £35 million for someone who's barely played 1st team football, or whether it's Fosun showing their inexperience. Either way, I'm pretty certain that if you offered Nuno to change the bench, he absolutely would.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd suggest that naive is assuming you can sell two of your biggest goal threats; not replace them adequately and assume you can still compete in the division.
Right? So many on this very forum refused to accept this and thought those of us who hated these moves were being "alarmist". How are we trying to build up to Top 6 or build on a Euro QF by buying teenagers and selling some of our best scorers? Bizarre.

D

Deleted member 4152

Semedo and RAN both played full backs at their previous clubs

signing Silva - who knows who’s decision that was. I don’t see it as nunos.
So you think he had no input in signing Silva?

Semedo was well know as beings su defensively and RAN is just a kid. Why change a system to one that doesn't work with two players that in the previous would work?

Fosun have questions to answer no doubt, but this is on Nuno

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think he had no input in signing Silva?

Semedo was well know as beings su defensively and RAN is just a kid. Why change a system to one that doesn't work with two players that in the previous would work?

Fosun have questions to answer no doubt, but this is on Nuno
You think Nuno doesn’t want Silva still on the bench? Of course he does. It’s on Fosun, he’s a head coach, I’m not sure how much say he’s actually has in transfers, minimal I reckon

D

Deleted member 4152

You think Nuno doesn’t want Silva still on the bench? Of course he does. It’s on Fosun, he’s a head coach, I’m not sure how much say he’s actually has in transfers, minimal I reckon
Probably but that wasn't the question

and Fosun still didn't tell him to play, and stick with 4 at the back.

D

Deleted member 8123

Let's be honest Shi hasn't got a clue.
He needs to go. It's pretty tragic watching this whole thing develop from a few points away from Champions league to mid table dross.
We have struggled since losing to Valencia.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never said it was good, just answered your question that there are clubs being bought/sold.

Due you think FOSUN who would a cows testical on the buyers financing the deal to pay back, as long as they get their money they will be off counting the yen /money with big smiles.

So that was my point - we wouldn’t necessarily get good new owners

Back
Top Bottom