Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno OUT

• Thread starter Deleted member 11157
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reanswolf

I don't think Nuno is all to blame, should have brought someone in in loan the moment the window opened.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the time for FOSUN to back Nuno and bring in a quality striker, which is clearly hampering results hugely, and pretty much every person and their dog can see. As I posted on another thread it doesn't make financial sense not to. Each place in the Prem is worth 2m and failing to act raises the probability of relegation by a material probability (which, fwiw, would wipe 100m+ off FOSUN's investment)

Sacking Nuno would be the most counter-productive thing FOSUN could possibly do. I pretty much guarantee it would trigger a death spiral faster than you could say 'Terry Connor is a Wanderer'. Even if we weren't relegated, half the squad would be offski in the summer with no Nuno and team at the helm and FOSUN would conceivably look to move on too I think. Sacking Nuno would be greeted with corks popping across the bottom 6 that's for sure.

Now is the time for the players, staff and fans to come together and fight through the bad patch rather than do the opposite. It really is as our captain will be saying and doing over the coming weeks!

Last edited:

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should go as not the same manager last season . Will be highly embarrassing to the club not beating a team that has only won one game against a team worse than them

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should all turn off.
Have a cup of tea with your nearest and dearest, thank the Lord that they are still safe and well, (and I sincerely hope that they are,) and then tune in again tomorrow.
You know it makes sense. It’s only a football match and people are dying out there.
You are right. It is only a football match but its something that we all look to for a bit of pleasure. Even that seems to be getting closed off at the minute.

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the time for FOSUN to back Nuno and bring in a quality striker, which is clearly hampering results hugely, and pretty much every person and their dog can see. As I posted on another thread it doesn't make financial sense not to. Each place in the Prem is worth 2m and failing to act raises the probability of relegation by a material probability (which, fwiw, would wipe 100m+ off FOSUN's investment)

Sacking Nuno would be the most counter-productive thing FOSUN could possibly do. I pretty much guarantee it would trigger a death spiral faster than you could say 'Terry Connor is a Wanderer'. Even if we weren't relegated, half the squad would be offski in the summer with no Nuno and team at the helm and FOSUN would conceivably look to move on too I think. Sacking Nuno would be granted with corks popping across the bottom 6 that's for sure.

Now is the time for the players, staff and fans to come together and fight through the bad patch rather than do the opposite. It really is as our captain will be saying and doing over the coming weeks!

Fosun ay backing him get that into your head - spunky nearly £80m on Silva / Semedo / Cutrone... not to be trusted with the purse strings

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is too weak. But, why are some of you reacting now?

The squad was too weak as soon as the window shut. It was shown up when the injuries arrived.

You're all going extra because it's West Brom, which I understand. However, we ONLY lost this game because of Oliver. That's it.

That doesn't mean it hurts less. I'm with you all. But you're lashing out on the wrong person. We passed the ball better, we created more chances, we had more of the play, but we lost.

That happens in football, and you have to take it on the chin.

It happened today because the ref gave TWO inexplicable penalties, the second on is actually inexcusable. HE cost us. That doesn't mean we were perfect, it doesn't mean we were good, but if that cheat does his job, we win the game.

Instead, you're reacting to the wrong person.

NUNO IN

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrassing today....
Would be more embarrassing if we sacked Nuno like we did with Mick!!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two extremely marginal penalties and a lump in the box - sorry that is just the fine margins of football.

We created more chances, more possession, more corners (10 v 0) better passing.

Ok we lacked confidence in defence and they had a big dollop of good fortune - but fair is fair they defended with conviction.

We can be a lot better, we are one or two experienced players away from a top six side when every is back.

Ok they won today, fair play but I still wouldn't swap anything they have, not a thing.

Bolly has been out for 5 games, we have Podence to come back. Jonny will be back in a month.

Then there is Cutrone. The lad has not played for months, he is not fit yet. I can see him playing against Chorley to give him some minutes.

Ok so we all feel carp today, but I do believe we will get the 18+ points we need as the injury list eases.

It may also give Jeff or Fosun a little reminder of the risks to the project.

Now is not the time to sack Nuno - makes zero sense, who is going to come in and make any difference?

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun ay backing him get that into your head - spunky nearly £80m on Silva / Semedo / Cutrone... not to be trusted with the purse strings
The Silva signing was a FOSUN investment. Nuno would have ok'd it for sure but don't forget he wanted to bring in Carlos Vinicius. Shame Mendes had reserved the player for Mourinho.

The Cutrone signing also wasn't a Nuno signing I'm sure. Milan wanted to bring in Leao and Mendes persuaded Jeff to take Cutrone as a supposed win-win all round.

Finally, the Semedo signing was driven less by us and more by Barcelona needing to raise some cash and free up space for Dest. Again, Mendes brokered a chain of deals that was supposedly win-win all round.

Out of the three, I suspect Semedo was the only one Nuno strongly wanted fwiw. If you think Nuno demanded all those players as first choice and FOSUN simply executed his request it's a tad naive to how our business model works and how much say Nuno has on transfers.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The squad was too weak as soon as the window shut. It was shown up when the injuries arrived.

You're all going extra because it's West Brom, which I understand. However, we ONLY lost this game because of Oliver. That's it.

That doesn't mean it hurts less. I'm with you all. But you're lashing out on the wrong person. We passed the ball better, we created more chances, we had more of the play, but we lost.

It happened today because the ref gave TWO inexplicable penalties, the second on is actually inexcusable. HE cost us. That doesn't mean we were perfect, it doesn't mean we were good, but if that cheat does his job, we win the game.

NUNO IN
The penalties were given by a referee who was asked to make a decision.

This was because of the actions of our defenders.

Oliver wouldn't have been able to give the penalties if Boly and Coady hadn't touched their forwards, which neither needed to do.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The penalties were given by a referee who was asked to make a decision.

This was because of the actions of our defenders.

Oliver wouldn't have been able to give the penalties if Boly and Coady hadn't touched their forwards, which neither needed to do.
Coady fouled him, but it was outside the box, I'm not debating it's a foul.

Coady did NOT make the ref make a decision, he actually did nothing.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right. It is only a football match but its something that we all look to for a bit of pleasure. Even that seems to be getting closed off at the minute.
Believe me, I am as gutted as the rest of us and share your feelings.
But trying really hard to get some perspective, just to get me through this.
It doesn’t help to dwell on things, we can’t change what has happened and as sickening as it is, we must move on and be thankful. There are some poor souls who have lost far more than a football match today.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really! The individual mistakes for penalties and injuries.

There may be a time to change but it is not now. We are in a bad cycle, it can be changed.

The cruelest thing is hope! More than happy to lose twice to regulated teams so long and as we say up which we should do.

Who am I being cruel too?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady fouled him, but it was outside the box, I'm not debating it's a foul.

Coady did NOT make the ref make a decision, he actually did nothing.
Yes he did, he fouled him - as you say.

If it was outside the box, maybe there are images all over social media?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a very good manager and coach, in charge of by far the youngest team and squad in the most competitive league in the world. As Bully said on BT Sport before the match, Ferguson's team of young talents in Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs and the Nevilles, etc took TWO YEARS of uneven development to evolve into a superb side which won the Premiership and became Champions of Europe.

We are blessed with a lot of young, emerging players similar to what Ferguson had in the mid-90s and they are here because of Nuno and the club's philosophy.

The Wolves team today played a passing game in an unfamiliar shape without our world-class striker.

I trust Bully's thinking and Nuno.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

NUNO IN

What a load of cobblers. They were both penalties.

Talk about having your head in the sand.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also criticising Lee Mason will get all the referees back up, cheers nuno!

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Silva signing was a FOSUN investment. Nuno would have ok'd it for sure but don't forget he wanted to bring in Carlos Vinicius. Shame Mendes had reserved the player for Mourinho.

The Cutrone signing also wasn't a Nuno signing I'm sure. Milan wanted to bring in Leao and Mendes persuaded Jeff to take Cutrone as a supposed win-win all round.

Finally, the Semedo signing was driven less by us and more by Barcelona needing to raise some cash and free up space for Dest. Again, Mendes brokered a chain of deals that was supposedly win-win all round.

Out of the three, I suspect Semedo was the only one Nuno strongly wanted fwiw. If you think Nuno demanded all those players as first choice and FOSUN simply executed his request it's a tad naive to how our business model works and how much say Nuno has on transfers.
Oh ok then - we should get rid of Fosun then yeah??

D

Deleted member 11332

He had loads of credit in the bank regardless of our form but today was bad. I'm on the fence.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Nuno is a very good manager and coach, in charge of by far the youngest team and squad in the most competitive league in the world. As Bully said on BT Sport before the match, Ferguson's team of young talents in Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Giggs and the Nevilles, etc took TWO YEARS of uneven development to evolve into a superb side which won the Premiership and became Champions of Europe.

We are blessed with a lot of young, emerging players similar to what Ferguson had in the mid-90s and they are here because of Nuno and the club's philosophy.

The Wolves team today played a passing game in an unfamiliar shape without our world-class striker.

I trust Bully's thinking and Nuno.

+1.

Word.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe me, I am as gutted as the rest of us and share your feelings.
But trying really hard to get some perspective, just to get me through this.
It doesn’t help to dwell on things, we can’t change what has happened and as sickening as it is, we must move on and be thankful. There are some poor souls who have lost far more than a football match today.
I agree fully, was not trying to say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom