Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion (obsessed)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4594
  • Start date

bully9

Reaction score
Same here mate, can't believe some fellow Wolves fans fail to grasp just how bad this scenario was for a true Wolves fan - worst foootballing day of my life - and self-inflicted.
To this day i still don`t get the thinking of it , no other club in the world would give there home end to there fiercest rivals , there are a lot of things moxey did but for this ill never forgive the pie eating *******

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Liverpool give the Kop to Everton fans, or Villa give the Holte End to Blues fans? Of course they wouldn’t, so the decision to give the South Bank to Albion fans was beyond belief. Moxey at his finest.
Moxey was a total excrement stain on our club for sixteen long, depressing years. When Scouse the Builder took over the club in 2007 and kept Moxey on, it was obvious that Scouse was going to be just another penny-pinching weasel, with ambitions to extract more value from the club than he put in (with Moxey's connivance), and that's exactly how it turned out. But Moxey's long reign was an indictment of SJH most of all; despite all the many things that SJH did for the club, bringing Moxey in was an admission that he (SJH) had failed in his main aim and was incapable of taking Wolves back to the Promised Land of the Premier League and cementing the club as Premier League side. Moxey's time at the club represented sixteen lost years!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few Wolves fans are expecting the worse next week. Playing a poor side who have just been knocked out of the cup by a league one team. But this Wolves is a different animal and we will win comfortably.
I hope and believe that you are right... and yet, after supporting Wolves for years and so many kicks in the teeth,....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truthfully it mostly impacted South Bankers. Many in the North Bank, while sympathising, found it rather amusing in a perverse way - a typical Jizz trick, as was the crappy freebie. Please don't hate me for telling the truth. That's why you heard "Sold your seat for a pie and a pint" and "We pay for our own, our pie and our pint" from the other end....

There were nearly punch-ups in the North Bank that game between some of the regulars and peed off displaced South Bankers.

Edited to add: What didn't exactly help the mood among some in the North Bank was the suggestion from some South Bankers that the **** should have our end! That did NOT go down well.
Shame the north bank sat there in ****ing silence as usual while the inbreds took the ****. One of the worst days in our recent history.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my personnel favourite game against the ****e. coach got bricked on the way back to wolvo but did not spoil the day . Ewan legend :yum:
Got thrown out after Ewan’s third goal. Great day. Can’t believe how **** it’s been there since.

D

Deleted member 4152

Moxey was a total excrement stain on our club for sixteen long, depressing years. When Scouse the Builder took over the club in 2007 and kept Moxey on, it was obvious that Scouse was going to be just another penny-pinching weasel, with ambitions to extract more value from the club than he put in (with Moxey's connivance), and that's exactly how it turned out. But Moxey's long reign was an indictment of SJH most of all; despite all the many things that SJH did for the club, bringing Moxey in was an admission that he (SJH) had failed in his main aim and was incapable of taking Wolves back to the Promised Land of the Premier League and cementing the club as Premier League side. Moxey's time at the club represented sixteen lost years!
There are no words that can express my hatred for moxey and that red faced ****. No words

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame the north bank sat there in ****ing silence as usual while the inbreds took the ****. One of the worst days in our recent history.
Unfair and unjust.

I, like most of the North Bank folk, was initially sympathetic to the South Bank and disbelieving of what Jizz was proposing. However, when some bright South Bank sparks decided that the solution to their problem was to try to make it my/our problem by suggesting that the **** be given our stand then l'm sorry but that sympathy faded very damn fast.

As a North Bank ST holder then l can assure you that we were far from silent that day. There was, though, real friction between the North Bank regulars and some of the South Bank exiles.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few Wolves fans are expecting the worse next week. Playing a poor side who have just been knocked out of the cup by a league one team. But this Wolves is a different animal and we will win comfortably.
This animal rarely wins "comfortably" unfortunately.

I obviously hope you're very, very correct.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfair and unjust.

I, like most of the North Bank folk, was initially sympathetic to the South Bank and disbelieving of what Jizz was proposing. However, when some bright South Bank sparks decided that the solution to their problem was to try to make it my/our problem by suggesting that the **** be given our stand then l'm sorry but that sympathy faded very damn fast.

As a North Bank ST holder then l can assure you that we were far from silent that day. There was, though, real friction between the North Bank regulars and some of the South Bank exiles.
The vocal support from the north bank that day was pathetic. I know by then it wasn’t a loud end but **** me.
Remember “where were you for Albion?” being sung at the north bank for weeks after that.
Probably only wolves where we have friction between stands but it was shocking that day and has got worse ever since.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vocal support from the north bank that day was pathetic. I know by then it wasn’t a loud end but **** me.
Remember “where were you for Albion?” being sung at the north bank for weeks after that.
Probably only wolves where we have friction between stands but it was shocking that day and has got worse ever since.
It's obviously hard to tell how loud your stand sounds elsewhere in the ground but the SJH North Bank was a very different beast to the current one and certainly, to those in it, sounded bloody loud that day.

Oh, and that South Bank attitude is why "You sold your seats", "We've never had a Baggie in our seats" etc was sung with real venom by the North Bank.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Means **** all to any of the players though?
Not true, at least to those who've been around a while.... I think that this may just have given them a bloody big clue lol.... Oh, and MGW as a local lad may well have filled them in too.

Edited to add: They may have heard it at Stamford Bridge too...

Last edited:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's obviously hard to tell how loud your stand sounds elsewhere in the ground but the SJH North Bank was a very different beast to the current one and certainly, to those in it, sounded bloody loud that day.

Oh, and that South Bank attitude is why "You sold your seats", "We've never had a Baggie in our seats" etc was sung with real venom by the North Bank.
What a strange thing to be proud of in the context of what brought it about. Little man (stand) syndrome it comes across like.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was sung with real venom by the North Bank.
This is the part I can never wrap my head around. The northbank haven’t sung at any away fans with real venom for at least 20 years but can muster it for the southbank?

I’ve predominately been a southbanker my adult life and from wherever I’ve been in the southbank from that side the whole rivalry is just a laugh but I find from the northbank (or some at least) its a proper distain mixed with a real looking down their nose attitude.

Its rare I’ve been in the northbank (quadrant a few times in recent years as a non sth but that doesn’t really count as its a mix of people who would usually be all over) but on the occasions I have I’ve always seen examples.

I was in there for that Spurs game just after Dean Richards passed away (as using a mates spare season ticket) and there was a kid egged on by his mom screaming sit down shut up and getting dead red faced (like his mom) at the southbank. I was flabbergasted it felt like a deep seated hatred passed on down the family, something more alike to the troubles in northern ireland or at least a rivalry say with the ****....not a silly wind up between fellow Wolves fans.

Really shocked me that day

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my personnel favourite game against the ****e. coach got bricked on the way back to wolvo but did not spoil the day . Ewan legend :yum:
Was on the front row of the smethick for that. Iwan celebrated the 4th right in front of us, brilliant times. Only annoying thing was at 4-1 we really could have gone on and won 5/6. Instead they made it 2-4 which didn’t really reflect the game. Froggy in full flow, different class.

Can’t believe it’s been that long.

I don’t want to derail this thread but just watching that footage, and then also the sad reminder of Moxey giving away the south bank just brings back how much I ****in hate these absolute ****ers. I’m sorry but you simply cannot compare the Villa nonsense to this. It’s not even remotely comparable.

Ever since that Palace game finished the other night, pretty much all I can think about is this game. I’m desperate, desperate for us to smash these. We owe them so much, we really do. Yes, I know we play Everton first, but that just backs up my point to be honest.

Absolutely heartbreaking we won’t be there to see it. The atmosphere would have been off the scale.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im 53 and Wolves have broke my heart quite a few times over the yrs , next Saturday, we will not only beat the ****e but put them in are shade for yrs. The worst day of my life was sitting in the Steve Bull lower and them ****s sitting in my seat, my end , The time is nigh to administer a beating of all beatings cmon mee babies doh let us down . Wolves Only Wolves
Stop talking **** and leading people up the garden path, you’ll only upset them

No way you’re only 53!!!!!!!!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since my first away game (the Jamie Smith sending off night game one) to this day I’ve only missed on trip to the hawthorns....guess which ****ing game! This one.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading that Grant and Gallagher are out for them next weekend. Gallagher has been on of their best players this season and is actually a decent player, on loan from Chelsea.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Seems like you've exposed yourself here. Typical North Bank attitude, looking down on your fellow fans. Were you the **** at Northampton when we played Coventry away that told me to sit the **** down or else then replied "****ing South Banker" when I asked why? Never met me before but presumed I went in the South Bank because I was standing up. Everyone stands at away games FFS. This is not the first time I've come across this either. To have such a vitriolic attitude to your own fans is shameful.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is another casualty of Covid. I had my Give Them The North Bank campaign all ready to go for the home game in May. Had the petition and banners all made up to demand the club give them the entire stand for a day. It might have been two and half times the normal allocation, but it would have been worth it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the part I can never wrap my head around. The northbank haven’t sung at any away fans with real venom for at least 20 years but can muster it for the southbank?

I’ve predominately been a southbanker my adult life and from wherever I’ve been in the southbank from that side the whole rivalry is just a laugh but I find from the northbank (or some at least) its a proper distain mixed with a real looking down their nose attitude.

Its rare I’ve been in the northbank (quadrant a few times in recent years as a non sth but that doesn’t really count as its a mix of people who would usually be all over) but on the occasions I have I’ve always seen examples.

I was in there for that Spurs game just after Dean Richards passed away (as using a mates spare season ticket) and there was a kid egged on by his mom screaming sit down shut up and getting dead red faced (like his mom) at the southbank. I was flabbergasted it felt like a deep seated hatred passed on down the family, something more alike to the troubles in northern ireland or at least a rivalry say with the ****....not a silly wind up between fellow Wolves fans.

Really shocked me that day
That is absolutely ridiculous, the "venom" l described was short-term and rapidly, for most sensible people, became almost ritual banter (the whole South Bank/North Bank thing).

Had you heard some of what some of the transplanted South Bankers had to say, very vocally and voluably, that day - about not only the North Bank but indeed any Wolves fans who weren't South Bankers - you might understand a little more...

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is another casualty of Covid. I had my Give Them The North Bank campaign all ready to go for the home game in May. Had the petition and banners all made up to demand the club give them the entire stand for a day. It might have been two and half times the normal allocation, but it would have been worth it.
I hope and an pretty sure that is a joke. If not, sorry but do one!

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like you've exposed yourself here. Typical North Bank attitude, looking down on your fellow fans. Were you the **** at Northampton when we played Coventry away that told me to sit the **** down or else then replied "****ing South Banker" when I asked why? Never met me before but presumed I went in the South Bank because I was standing up. Everyone stands at away games FFS. This is not the first time I've come across this either. To have such a vitriolic attitude to your own fans is shameful.
I never have and never would look down on any Wolves fan. I've actually, at different times and for various reasons, had STs in every stand at Molineux. I'm currently in the SBU but if l can ever sort a ST for my daughter am likely to pitch up in the family enclosure for some time (l will have to be damn cautious about what l sing/shout if so lol). The only time that l've sat down at away matches was after an operation when l was on crutches. The bloke that you describe sounds a clown.

As l said l initially actually actively opposed Jizz giving the **** the South Bank. When some bright sparks seriously suggested giving them the North Bank though....

The North Bank didn't take the appalling decision to give the **** the South Bank, that was down to the Pie Man. So why does it seem that some in the South Bank almost seem to think that it was our fault that we were able to sit in our stand and they couldn't?

Last edited:

Forza Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I had to sit in the North Bank for the Blues game after we'd been promoted from the Champ, some people in front stood up so I followed, immediately get a tap on the shoulder from the bloke behind telling me to sit down. He proceeds to get the stewards involved to get in the rows in front to sit down too. As soon as half time comes the **** gets up and spends the entire time stood up talking to his mates, soon as second half blows he sits down again and repeats the rigmarole of the first half

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading that Grant and Gallagher are out for them next weekend. Gallagher has been on of their best players this season and is actually a decent player, on loan from Chelsea.
I’ve been really impressed with Gallagher he has something of Lampard about him, not really a brilliant passer, not a top tackler but he gets goals

R

reanswolf

I
I had to sit in the North Bank for the Blues game after we'd been promoted from the Champ, some people in front stood up so I followed, immediately get a tap on the shoulder from the bloke behind telling me to sit down. He proceeds to get the stewards involved to get in the rows in front to sit down too. As soon as half time comes the **** gets up and spends the entire time stood up talking to his mates, soon as second half blows he sits down again and repeats the rigmarole of the first half
Its a sensitive one, but you are right, the South Bank and Steve Bull Upper corner stand all game, and sit down at half-time, whilst the North Bank, Billy Wright and most of the Steve Bull Upper sit down during the game but stand up at half-time.

Ludicrous when you think about it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I

Its a sensitive one, but you are right, the South Bank and Steve Bull Upper corner stand all game, and sit down at half-time, whilst the North Bank, Billy Wright and most of the Steve Bull Upper sit down during the game but stand up at half-time.

Ludicrous when you think about it.
Actually completely understandable in the SBU. There is so little bloody legroom that if you are over about 5'7" by HT you are desperate to stretch your legs and restore circulation! I'm sure that other folk who sit there regularly (e.g. @northnorfolkwolf) will confirm that. Yet another reason that the museum piece needs replacing.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember when the North Bank (Cow Shed) was the vocal part of the ground. In the days when the teams came out of the tunnel seperately, Wolves alaways wanted to go to the North Bank end. Similarly, if our captain won the toss, then we would kick towards the north bank in the second half.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is slightly balanced up by them signing Snodgrass who despite his age has caused us a few problems over the years.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really fear the worse for next weekend. No wins,no goals,aging signings all point to an Albion win. Really hope not but it’s a derby and all bets are off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been really impressed with Gallagher he has something of Lampard about him, not really a brilliant passer, not a top tackler but he gets goals
He's possibly been their best player... and he isn't theirs lol....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember when the North Bank (Cow Shed) was the vocal part of the ground. In the days when the teams came out of the tunnel seperately, Wolves alaways wanted to go to the North Bank end. Similarly, if our captain won the toss, then we would kick towards the north bank in the second half.
You and l both. As a kid l used to stand in the back of the Cow Shed with my old man. Close to Planty actually, saw him most games to say hello.

Back
Top Bottom