Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he can’t pass or look to use others before he gets the ball.....

Often (I am not saying all the time) when he does pass the ball he has hit the ball way to hard and with very poor technique meaning he slows the play down.

Defensive players know to double up, stand him up and do what they can to stop the cross because he ain’t cutting back and passing it to the man standing completely open 90% of the time so are more than happy to leave the second wolves man free because he ain’t passing it.

it is my biggest pet peeve with him how many times he could attack the defender and take them to the danger zone of the box and force them into a panicked decision, he from memory has done this twice - Sevilla - got a pen and Arsenal - should of gotten a pen. Who is telling him not to run at defenders one on one in the box as he has a chance to do this in nearly every game.
I don’t believe anyone is telling him not to run into the box, I think when he gets the ball he goes into a frenzy where his instinct takes over and his instinct is to run into space which is predominantly on the wings. He’s probably made charging runs to the byline his whole career and can’t seem to break it.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t believe anyone is telling him not to run into the box, I think when he gets the ball he goes into a frenzy where his instinct takes over and his instinct is to run into space which is predominantly on the wings. He’s probably made charging runs to the byline his whole career and can’t seem to break it.
I agree with you completely on the instincts taking over, it is autopilot to hit the wings.

I just question if people may or may not (as they may have tried and he just doesn’t do it) have tried to drill it into him at training as he just never seems to do it. If he can’t change now then he will struggle to and in the age where VAR loves to give a pen if he did drive into the box more he could be worth his weight in gold even more.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind him taking the touches and drawing the defenders over but once he's done that he's got to pass it off and take the 3 players out the game
For them to then dwell on it, turn down any attacking pass until it's back with him to take on 3 players again?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu is the answer if Adama does leave.
Very highly thought of and an immense prospect.
With Adama's current limited contributions to our games, we really have nothing to lose.
If Otasowie is ready, then it's a no brainer.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Adama's current limited contributions to our games, we really have nothing to lose.

Can't tell if this is parody or not. If it's a genuine comment, simply deluded. If Corbeanu was anywhere near he'd be getting seconds and minutes already. Only makes the bench when we can't fill it, with Nuno admitting those players would never come on in a league game at this stage.

I'm wondering if 'Adama's current limited contributions to our games' has taken any thought beyond you looking at the assists and goals table?

We've won two games in the past month or so. At Arsenal away, we don't score either of those two goals without superb build up play from Adama for both? Against Chelsea, as soon as he came on their back line stepped 10-15 yards back, and after Neto and Podence spent the whole game getting no joy, all of a sudden they had space and we actually attacked. He also had some superb link up play with Semedo and another player I can't remember, which Semedo ended up fluffing a sitter from. Ended up winning the game.

We can even go back to our last game, Burnley, where you probably agreed with the commentator that 'Adama was running down blind alleys'...? He did a couple of times, but I suppose you had your eyes shut when he created a chance via a cross for Neto, and a chance via a cross for Saiss to equalise at the end. Two more chances created in open play than we'd created all game.

He has his limitations of course. We are Wolves, all our players have limitations. If they didn't, they wouldn't be here.

But comments like yours are so daft. So oblivious to what's actually happening when he's on the pitch.

[I hope you were joking rather than being serious, but here we are!]

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't tell if this is parody or not. If it's a genuine comment, simply deluded. If Corbeanu was anywhere near he'd be getting seconds and minutes already. Only makes the bench when we can't fill it, with Nuno admitting those players would never come on in a league game at this stage.

I'm wondering if 'Adama's current limited contributions to our games' has taken any thought beyond you looking at the assists and goals table?

We've won two games in the past month or so. At Arsenal away, we don't score either of those two goals without superb build up play from Adama for both? Against Chelsea, as soon as he came on their back line stepped 10-15 yards back, and after Neto and Podence spent the whole game getting no joy, all of a sudden they had space and we actually attacked. He also had some superb link up play with Semedo and another player I can't remember, which Semedo ended up fluffing a sitter from. Ended up winning the game.

We can even go back to our last game, Burnley, where you probably agreed with the commentator that 'Adama was running down blind alleys'...? He did a couple of times, but I suppose you had your eyes shut when he created a chance via a cross for Neto, and a chance via a cross for Saiss to equalise at the end. Two more chances created in open play than we'd created all game.

He has his limitations of course. We are Wolves, all our players have limitations. If they didn't, they wouldn't be here.

But comments like yours are so daft. So oblivious to what's actually happening when he's on the pitch.

[I hope you were joking rather than being serious, but here we are!]
Oh dear, so sorry to have a different opinion to yourself.
Thanks for letting me know that I am so oblivious to what is actually happening when he's on the pitch.
Also stating that if our players didn't have limitations, they wouldn't be with us. Hey Ho.
With Best Wishes for the Festive Season and a Healthier 2021.
From a passionate deluded Wolf since 1956, who makes daft comments.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!!

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Defensive players know to double up, stand him up and do what they can to stop the cross because he ain’t cutting back and passing it to the man standing completely open 90% of the time so are more than happy to leave the second wolves man free because he ain’t passing it.
There isn't a player standing free 90% of the time though, that's my point. Unless you are referring to one of our defensive unit back in our own half?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear, so sorry to have a different opinion to yourself.
Thanks for letting me know that I am so oblivious to what is actually happening when he's on the pitch.
Also stating that if our players didn't have limitations, they wouldn't be with us. Hey Ho.
With Best Wishes for the Festive Season and a Healthier 2021.
From a passionate deluded Wolf since 1956, who makes daft comments.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!!

Just backing up my comments with some facts I felt helped my argument. I prefer it to just sticking in sweeping statements.

Have a great break. :kissingheart:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I'd give Adama another go at RWB, in a 3-4-3 with Neto and Podence is the inside forwards.

That may seem a crazy suggestion to some - but for Semedo is equally as poor a defender IMO. Traore is clearly the better attacker.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players have to put the team ahead of themselves. I get that he's on the bench so wants to come on and show what he can do but I'd be much more impressed if he took 3 players out of the game with an intelligent lay off rather than trying to beat the 3 players. Vs Burnley he looked like a kid in the playground trying to beat the world
Absolutely this.

Try’s to take on the world and then sits on his **** for five minutes if it doesn’t work out.

Completely pointless if he continues these tactics of standing over the ball waiting for three players assemble, then to take them all on but run toward the corner flag. If he ran toward goal and played off someone, he’d be scoring or creating chances. Running away from goal just puts him further ahead and at a greater distance to his team mates.

It’s been mentioned he’s ineffective without Raul, but it’s quite obvious that he puts in one good cross in about 50 attempts, so running to the byline is not the answer.

I really do think that if he picked up the ball and instantly ran toward goal he be a huge threat. To stand on the ball and wait for half of the opposing teams defence to assemble in front of him, then to run toward the corner flag is so utterly frustrating.

We did seem at a point last season to be getting more from him, both starting and off the bench. He now seems to be back where he started. I think the Chelsea game was the final nail from Nuno’s POV, he looked mighty ****ed off when Traore sort of suggested he couldn’t play on.

I don’t think he wants to be around any more, Nuno ain’t going to stand for that.

Aside, I still don’t understand why Buur isn’t getting a look in, he could play a similar role and is mighty quick. Has been playing well in the U23’s from what I’ve seen of their games.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just backing up my comments with some facts I felt helped my argument. I prefer it to just sticking in sweeping statements.

Have a great break. :kissingheart:
Fair enough and no problem mate.
All grist to the mill, we all only want what's best for our beloved team.
With all good wishes.
Steve. (Elvis Wolf).

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't a player standing free 90% of the time though, that's my point. Unless you are referring to one of our defensive unit back in our own half?

That's not true though, just take the Burnley game he had Semedo and Moutinho wide open waiting for a pass more than once and he just ran the ball to the line and tried a cross

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has had podence, Neto, neves, moutinho and even samedo when he has gone forward open on many many occasions

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu has looked levels above in the Under 23’s. it will be great to see him given a chance

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I think I'd give Adama another go at RWB, in a 3-4-3 with Neto and Podence is the inside forwards.

That may seem a crazy suggestion to some - but for Semedo is equally as poor a defender IMO. Traore is clearly the better attacker.
He doesn't have the lungs to be a RWB. It's all the muscles

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.....it is my biggest pet peeve with him how many times he could attack the defender and take them to the danger zone of the box and force them into a panicked decision, he from memory has done this twice - Sevilla - got a pen and Arsenal - should of gotten a pen. Who is telling him not to run at defenders one on one in the box as he has a chance to do this in nearly every game.
I would like to see him player narrower or cut inside sometimes (mixing it up) to drive in to the box and either draw the penalty or make chances.
I have also been saying since he arrived that when the opposition have a corner or free kick in our last third he should be in the centre circle waiting to collect or run on to the clearance and then break.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely this.

Try’s to take on the world and then sits on his **** for five minutes if it doesn’t work out.

Completely pointless if he continues these tactics of standing over the ball waiting for three players assemble, then to take them all on but run toward the corner flag. If he ran toward goal and played off someone, he’d be scoring or creating chances. Running away from goal just puts him further ahead and at a greater distance to his team mates.

It’s been mentioned he’s ineffective without Raul, but it’s quite obvious that he puts in one good cross in about 50 attempts, so running to the byline is not the answer.

I really do think that if he picked up the ball and instantly ran toward goal he be a huge threat. To stand on the ball and wait for half of the opposing teams defence to assemble in front of him, then to run toward the corner flag is so utterly frustrating.

We did seem at a point last season to be getting more from him, both starting and off the bench. He now seems to be back where he started. I think the Chelsea game was the final nail from Nuno’s POV, he looked mighty ****ed off when Traore sort of suggested he couldn’t play on.

I don’t think he wants to be around any more, Nuno ain’t going to stand for that.

Aside, I still don’t understand why Buur isn’t getting a look in, he could play a similar role and is mighty quick. Has been playing well in the U23’s from what I’ve seen of their games.
Burr who couldn’t even get a loan to a championship team? Adama put two great crosses in against Burnley so unless he had 100 attempts you’re slightly wrong.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see him player narrower or cut inside sometimes (mixing it up) to drive in to the box and either draw the penalty or make chances.
I have also been saying since he arrived that when the opposition have a corner or free kick in our last third he should be in the centre circle waiting to collect or run on to the clearance and then break.
Agreed. Looking at the goals he scored (WHU a, Man C a x2, Spurs h, Man C h) they all came from central positions. Also agree re leaving him on half way for opposition corners. The oppo would have to leave at least 2 back as cover,, giving us a significant numerical advantage defending the corner plus an immediate 'hoof-ball' outlet.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Traore following Nuno’s instructions or does he forget what he learned in training? If he is playing as instructed, then we can’t fault him.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I am shocked reading all the anti Adama posts! "Does nothing right", "is stupid", "sell him right now" and even ridiculous calls to replace him with someone from the U21s with no first team experience. etc etc
I'm of an opposite view to those anti Adama posters here. The Adama I see is a dynamic, skillful, exciting player who brings something different to the table. No one else in our team can do what he does. He is unique. Doesn't always get it right but who does? There are few like him and we are lucky to have him. On his day he really is "unplayable". He is the best dribbler and fastest player in the Prem. That's fact. On his day he is one of our few world-class players. And why he is highly coveted by other teams.
He's a lethal weapon and how he's used and his effectiveness in a match is as much down to the coach and his team mates as himself.
Ask fans of other teams who they fear from our team and it would be Adama.
We need to appreciate what we have.
I realise that just reading these words will make his haters' blood boil and ready to respond with some kind words of advice to me. We are all entitled to our opinions of course. But just remember that he is a Wolves player and deserves more respect and support than he has received in some of the appalling and extremely negative posts I've seen here.
I need to start an Adama appreciation thread I think.

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

So why does he keep doing it? Is it an ego thing? Not content with going past one, has to wait for three? Drives me crazy.

I'm not anti Traore, but it must surely be clear to Nuno, the other players and himself that playing with his back to goal, waiting for the ball to his feet, and then waiting for three defenders to beat is not the best use of his undoubted talent.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely this.

His crossing has improved massively since he joined us and with someone on the same wavelength like Jimenez it can be deadly. Even when he has to hold it for a while, he’s often drawing 2-3 defenders, creating space for others who should be using it better. He’s far from perfect, and his sulks are damned annoying, but he can be one of the most dangerous forwards in the league on his day, as more than one top six manager has noted.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least two players on him most games, why are we not using that and capitalising in the space made available? Seems many forget this part.

Because he needs to pass the ball for this to happen.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes this is very true. I'm sure I've even seen 3 or 4 players mark him at one time. We're rubbish at taking advantage of this though.
He waited until 2 or 3 players came across to him at Burnley, but then never lifted his head up to take the advantage.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Traore following Nuno’s instructions or does he forget what he learned in training? If he is playing as instructed, then we can’t fault him.

I think Nuno us telling him to because he knows he won't do the more complicated things. Nuno simplified his role after the first season and thats where the important came from. But Prem teams adapt, put two on him force him wide, they only have Raul in the box. Predictable.

For me, I'd sell, get sombody thats more well rounded like Neto Podence Jota etc and add them to the rotation or could start all 3 in a 4231 and they could be a lot more fluid and dangerous.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think for a team that plays an old fashioned 4-4-2 there would be few if any better RMs in the world than Adama.
Even in a 4-4-2 he would be expected to score a few as well as assist and he would also need to defend far better. I agree though that this would suit him far more than a 4-3-3 or 5-2-3.
The only way for me he would be one of the best in the world in any position is if he learns awareness and develops a footballing brain. If he had those I think it’s fair to say he would never have been at Villa, Middlesbrough or Wolves.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are just seeing what the Middlesbrough fans said. One week he is the most dangerous man on the pitch and the next week he can’t hit a cows **** with a banjo and is a managers worst nightmare as you never know which adama will till turn up

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think and this will be unpopular if we can get money to get a decent striker and CM in I would let him go. He more than anyone unbalances our side. When he is in we also become way to predictable. I dont think his end product carrys anything like the hype promoses it should and goals are non existent. An exciting player on his day but those days are few and far between for me I just find myself watching games and being so frustrated with him.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry this is my personal view, I think they are still allowed. I’d sell for anything over £35m, he’s a sub who doesn’t work hard enough, I’ve even got my son noticing how little he helps back.

My view only

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry this is my personal view, I think they are still allowed. I’d sell for anything over £35m, he’s a sub who doesn’t work hard enough, I’ve even got my son noticing how little he helps back.

My view only
I must largely agree with this, although with regret. He has achieved virtually nothing this season (yes, I know he hasnt played that much, although that in itself speaks volumes) and if we had a decent and fit squad I doubt he would have played very much at all. Nuno and he seem not to be of a like mind and selling him seems the only solution. Those of a similar age might compare him to Steve Kindon - very good on his day, but poor a lot of the time. Last season was a glorious time for him, but it seems that teams have learnt how to keep him quiet.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score

You got some stats to back that Semedo is equally poor defender to Traore?

There was a chart doing the rounds last week that had Semedo clear of almost all defenders in the league for tackles etc. I get he's made some mistakes and cost us 1 or maybe 2 points this season. But the scapegoating and just absolute seeing what people want to see rather than the game as a whole is getting ludicrous now.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You got some stats to back that Semedo is equally poor defender to Traore?

There was a chart doing the rounds last week that had Semedo clear of almost all defenders in the league for tackles etc. I get he's made some mistakes and cost us 1 or maybe 2 points this season. But the scapegoating and just absolute seeing what people want to see rather than the game as a whole is getting ludicrous now.
Until I see stats to prove he is a good defender, my judgement based on what I have seen so far is that unfortunately, despite him being a reasonably good footballer, he cannot defend for toffee.

His general positioning and ability to track runners is quite simply not good enough.

D

Deleted member 5962

Until I see stats to prove he is a good defender, my judgement based on what I have seen so far is that unfortunately, despite him being a reasonably good footballer, he cannot defend for toffee.

His general positioning and ability to track runners is quite simply not good enough.

Semedo is averaging 2.6 tackles and 2.4 clearances a game. Doc last season averaged 1.5 and 1.3 respectively. Jonny 2.6 and 0.8 respectively.

By these stats Semedo is actually our best defending fullback.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like semedo but I can see he was at fault against saints and villa, so I see that argument too. The argument that ****es me off is that doc was some type of Baresi! He was continually run down for his defensive work on here, he was definitely good going forward though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom