Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will surely start the season with Traore and Vinagre in the wing back positions, not the end if the world, but we need two new signings before the window shuts.

Not the end of the world but what if one of them picks up a knock? Will leave us more exposed defensively as well.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the "best interests of the club" according to our Jeff
I suppose there is no point trying to hang onto a player who wants a move but it is difficult to see how it benefits the club unless there is significant money to reinvest.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“But now I feel like coming here is going to take my game and my career to the next level."
Ouch so much for the grand master plan

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi said: “Matt has been a fantastic player for Wolves over the years, and as a member of the illustrious ‘300 club’ will forever have a place in its history.

“His departure was not something we had planned ahead of the summer, but when the offer came in, we discussed and analysed it deeply with the coaching team and the board. We also spoke to Matt who was eager to move onto a new chapter in his career.

“Ultimately, we believe that this transfer is in the best interests of the club, and it goes without saying that Matt leaves with our best wishes.

“We thank him for his undoubtable contribution during his time here and wish him the very best of luck for the future.”

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi said: “Matt has been a fantastic player for Wolves over the years, and as a member of the illustrious ‘300 club’ will forever have a place in its history.

“His departure was not something we had planned ahead of the summer, but when the offer came in, we discussed and analysed it deeply with the coaching team and the board. We also spoke to Matt who was eager to move onto a new chapter in his career.

“Ultimately, we believe that this transfer is in the best interests of the club, and it goes without saying that Matt leaves with our best wishes.

“We thank him for his undoubtable contribution during his time here and wish him the very best of luck for the future.”

Why didn't you guys squeeze spurs for every pound they had then!?!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A39D0246-C11D-471C-9D65-1503AADA1261.jpeg

Honestly, this bit concerns me and is in contrast to everyone saying it’s all part of some grand plan.

That sounds more like winging it and that it just adds to the long list of players we need.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I can only think that Nuno and his team took into account that Doc missed a fair bit of the season just ended with his knee injury and we coped without him. It did take some time for him to get back to form didn’t it!

Can’t remember who played in his place during the injury.

Any thoughts?

I do wish Doc all the best. A great servant who will be welcomed back by me.

Adama played rwb while doc was out at the start of the season.
You remember that period when we were awful...

All I will say is that a couple of seasons ago most of us were expecting Doc to be the first one out of the team, and possibly every transfer window RWB as a position where we should "upgrade" so its not a surprise to me he's gone. Just a surprise its to Spurs.

I guess we will see now if Doc is a great player or if he's been made to look great by Nuno....

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the interview with him on the Spurs site, he mentioned that he saw Robbie Keane in a restaurant in Ireland a couple of weeks ago and Robbie congratulated him on the move and told him to give him a shout if he needs any advice on the area.

Sounds very much like this has been on the cards for some time and not the complete shock move we are led to believe it is. Might be why Nuno made the comments he did after the Sevilla game.

Now let's replace him and improve on him.

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
I’m not trawling through the last few pages but the same guy that told me has said it is 13.4 million no add ons which I think is very strange

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tick tock tick tock... 2 weeks till the season starts. Get a move on Shi.....

Jeff may be a very good business man but he is not a football man, probably never played the game in his life, so he is obviously being advised by someone, maybe Nuno from afar, I don't know but as things stand at present, as we all know, we are very short of players for a season that starts in 2 weeks. It will take time to bed new players in, I feel this is going to cost us big time as once again we are slow to react. I know it's only the Mirror but they are reporting that Nuno hasn't extended his contract because of concerns about his budget. That may or may not be true but in such a desparate situation, with the amount of money he earns, he should be at the Mol now, irrespective of the fact that he has earned a holiday. As for selling Doc, OK but why such a cheap price, should have been at least £10 million more?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just doesn't sit right with me any of those comments

I like Jeff. But he is a business man. Not a footballing man. Why do I feel like he is completely running the show?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the interview with him on the Spurs site, he mentioned that he saw Robbie Keane in a restaurant in Ireland a couple of weeks ago and Robbie congratulated him on the move and told him to give him a shout if he needs any advice on the area.

Sounds very much like this has been on the cards for some time and not the complete shock move we are led to believe it is. Might be why Nuno made the comments he did after the Sevilla game.

Now let's replace him and improve on him.
Really! Well it wasn’t the quick negotiation that people have been lead to believe

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Adama played rwb while doc was out at the start of the season.
You remember that period when we were awful...

All I will say is that a couple of seasons ago most of us were expecting Doc to be the first one out of the team, and possibly every transfer window RWB as a position where we should "upgrade" so its not a surprise to me he's gone. Just a surprise its to Spurs.

I guess we will see now if Doc is a great player or if he's been made to look great by Nuno....
Adama played RWB against City when we won.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“But now I feel like coming here is going to take my game and my career to the next level."
Ouch so much for the grand master plan
Footballers waffle. Wasn't going to say something like "this move is all about my retirement fund" or similar whatever he thinks. And let's be honest it's a good if surprising move for him.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff may be a very good business man but he is not a football man, probably never played the game in his life, so he is obviously being advised by someone, maybe Nuno from afar, I don't know but as things stand at present, as we all know, we are very short of players for a season that starts in 2 weeks. It will take time to bed new players in, I feel this is going to cost us big time as once again we are slow to react. I know it's only the Mirror but they are reporting that Nuno hasn't extended his contract because of concerns about his budget. That may or may not be true but in such a desparate situation, with the amount of money he earns, he should be at the Mol now, irrespective of the fact that he has earned a holiday. As for selling Doc, OK but why such a cheap price, should have been at least £10 million more?

Doc is a new Mendes client and no doubt he had an influence in negotiating such a low transfer fee.

Dear Jorge you now owe us a massive favour In return!!!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It would have been nice for Jeff to reassure us that we are moving on and will evolve, improve and add to our first team squad wouldn’t it!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Disappointing to see Matt move on, been a huge part of our success in the last few years and as a wider point, had been on the journey with us from the Premier League, to League One, and to the European Quarter Final. 10 years and 300 games, fantastic service.

On a personal level it's a great move for him, and I don't think any genuine supporters will begrudge him the oppoirtunity.

As always, the proof is in what we do from here on. If you were decorating a room, you wouldn't rip out the carpet, strip the walls, then look and think "this is a terrible mess I hate it", you'd wait til you'd finished the job. We need to see which player(s) come in before we can really judge whether this is a good move or not. Right now it doesn't feel like it but a lot can change in football very quickly.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit, I couldnt see Doc leaving, but here we are. Seems like he wanted the move and we haven't stood in his way and kept a potentially unhappy player if we had blocked his big move. Thanks for the 10 years, its strange seeing him in a Spurs shirt but keeping positive that the squad will get a freshen up soon

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 17170

Honestly, this bit concerns me and is in contrast to everyone saying it’s all part of some grand plan.

That sounds more like winging it and that it just adds to the long list of players we need.
Can't plan for every eventuality. How many on here thought Doc would be wanted by Spurs? The club are either desperate for money or have considered the move and feel it's best for all parties. If your a pessimist its probably option A.
Let's hope there's some incoming next week or Nuno signs to lighten the mood a little.

D

Deleted member 4008

Nice to have heard off Jeff that we are buying some ****ing players

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Doc is a new Mendes client and no doubt he had an influence in negotiating such a low transfer fee.

Dear Jorge you now owe us a massive favour In return!!!

After Neves, Boly, Jota, Moutinho, Patricio and the prices we paid for them i'd imagine we still owe quite a few back to Jorge yet.

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
Irrespective of how good a replacement we bring in still gutted that Matt is no longer a Wolf.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 17170

There were plans before the summer, Jeff? :rolleyes:.

Still, Doc obviously see Spurs as a step up and they are far more likely than us to get regular European football and possibly a trophy before Doc hangs up his boots.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fee still seems very low when you look at Chilwell.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't plan for every eventuality. How many on here thought Doc would be wanted by Spurs? The club are either desperate for money or have considered the move and feel it's best for all parties. If your a pessimist its probably option A.
Let's hope there's some incoming next week or Nuno signs to lighten the mood a little.

I can understand Doc leaving but am puzzled by how little we sold him for and him going before we have a replacement.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted. To lose a player to one of the teams we’re supposed to be competing with from now on, for such a low fee too, just doesn’t make “the project” look good, imo. Concerned.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
I’ve just seen Doc’s interview on the spurs site too. He definitely says “About a week and a half ago I walked into a restaurant and Robbie Keane was sitting on the next table, he congratulated me on the move and offered advice on the area.”

Doesn’t this coincide with our bid for AMN? So to the wolves hierarchy, this isn’t a sudden shock and they’ve been well prepared for all the behind the scenes work to get a replacement for Doc. Think we’ll have an announcement very soon.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
It might be that Doc had to be sacrificed to raise cash instead of selling one of our other prized assets? After 10 years at Wolves he may not be as effective in a different team. A bit like Steve Dayley all those years ago.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not keen on his comments signing for Spurs. He thinks the move will take his game to the next level and is a big step. I guess you have to say positive things but they finished ahead by a whisker and numerous VAR **** ups.

Nuno took him to the next level, Mourinho won't. Makes it sound like we were holding a superstar back from a mega club (with no trophies in decades) when in reality Wolves plucked him from obscurity and dragged him to this level.

Matt is a great example of what had work and determination can do but could he not have said how wolves helped him be the player he is, brought him to a high level and he has a new chapter with a great Club? Just felt a bit like he dumped on us a bit.

Is it possible he was told that we were going to accept a bid and then decided that he'd be happy to go? As opposed to him driving a move? His comments just sound tinged with bitterness for me.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just seen Doc’s interview on the spurs site too. He definitely says “About a week and a half ago I walked into a restaurant and Robbie Keane was sitting on the next table, he congratulated me on the move and offered advice on the area.”

Doesn’t this coincide with our bid for AMN? So to the wolves hierarchy, this isn’t a sudden shock and they’ve been well prepared for all the behind the scenes work to get a replacement for Doc. Think we’ll have an announcement very soon.

Nope he said he saw Robbie Keane is a restaurant back in Ireland a week and a half ago and sat down on the table next to him. Since then, Robbie Keane text Doc regarding the move.

Back
Top Bottom