Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the Telegraph article, talking about Wolves actively looking at Thierry Correia as Doc's replacement. They've just been reliable with Wolves related news, as they were the first real source to break the MGW loan move to Swansea. As well as that Ornstein at The Athletic has said Doc is the right back that Spurs are targeting to sign, and that Wolves are willing to sell for the right price.

Another story on the Doc rumours, from the Independent this time.
Tottenham close in on Wolves right-back Matt Doherty
is this the same man that many on another thread thought was duff and should be got rid of? matt doherty, top full back. i hope he stays

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valencia having a fire sale and both Mendes and Nuno have strong links to the club, so wouldn't be that much of a surprise we'll be looking at them for players.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valencia having a fire sale and both Mendes and Nuno have strong links to the club, so wouldn't be that much of a surprise we'll be looking at them for players.

If we're going for any WB from them it should be Gaya.

But instead we're going for Correia who couldnt get into that team last season, great ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're going for any WB from them it should be Gaya.

But instead we're going for Correia who couldnt get into that team last season, great ...
I don't know much about the players concerned. I do, based on the evidence of the last three years, generally have confidence in our recruitment process.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't see Doc going anywhere, in the E and S today he is quoted as saying how happy he is in this team - and Fosun are not going to sell him for anything under £25M, even if he did want to go.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
N

Nuno's Dream

IF Doherty does leave then I would like us to get Max Aarons... young, English and has massive potential and available for around £20m, thoughts?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Why? From the 99% made up paper bull ****?

take a step back, the fact the press link our players with so called bigger clubs means we are doing something right.
I realise that but like many others I want to see incomings and preferably before the season starts .We have a thinner squad than we ended the season with .
I am trying to sit on my hands

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry it was supposed to be a joke to lighten the mood a little.

The emoji I put at the end didn’t post though so may not have come across that way, edited it now.
Not good enough. Go and stand in the naughty corner.
Lighten the mood :rolleyes: What do think this is? A Forum for football fans or something?

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Doc departs for Spurs, one can assume Maitland-Niles will come in as his direct replacement at RWB. Thierry Correia who has been mentioned hasn't played a great deal at Valencia, so if he came in as well that would seemingly be as a backup wingback. It seems like we are playing hard ball on Faouzi Ghoulam too, there's no reason we should pay over the odds for an injury prone left back regardless of his undoubted quality when he does manage to keep himself fit. The plus side is that if he does sign and it doesn't work out, we have Vinagre ready to come in as well as Jonny being back hopefully by the start of next season.

I still believe we need to sign a central midfielder, a centre back and a striker before we're ready for next season. I think Palhinha could definitely happen to reinforce us in midfield, but we still need a backup striker and the Paulinho links appear to have gone cold. We haven't been linked with any centre backs lately, and that does worry me as I think that should be our biggest priority in this transfer window to slot in on the left side of the back three.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough. Go and stand in the naughty corne
Lighten the mood :rolleyes: What do think this is? A Forum for football fans or something?
To be fair my contributions to this site are similar to those in my day to day life in general.

Most of what I post either relates to the boring financial side of things regarding accounting, amortisation etc (because it’s what I do for a living) or else is generally jokes, sarcasm and very little valuable input (which is what I do when I’m not working, or so says my wife)!

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
To be fair my contributions to this site are similar to those in my day to day life in general.

Most of what I post either relates to the boring financial side of things regarding accounting, amortisation etc (because it’s what I do for a living) or else is generally jokes, sarcasm and very little valuable input (which is what I do when I’m not working, or so says my wife).
No offence taken mate

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise that but like many others I want to see incomings and preferably before the season starts .We have a thinner squad than we ended the season with .
I am trying to sit on my hands
Because a player universally slated on here joined a championship team?
Am I the only one who hasn’t lost his marbles or is this silly season x10 on here?

D

Deleted member 5635

Am I the only one who hasn’t lost his marbles or is this silly season x10 on here?
You must of missed our starting LWB Injure himself and pretty much rule himself out for the season

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Most of what I post either relates to the boring financial side of things regarding accounting, amortisation etc (because it’s what I do for a living) or else is generally jokes, sarcasm and very little valuable input (which is what I do when I’m not working, or so says my wife)!
When I left college I worked very hard to become a failed Accountant but life inside a coffin for those years fashioned my thinking. It was more management accounting where you set a budget and use that as a tool to analyse variances. That is how I see this aswell. You work out what you think will happen in the next year (season) and look to see how you can manage and improve things. Spot where to look at what has gone off plan and cover for it eg an injury, etc.
At the moment Fosun are on an upward trajectory and if that continues by building a solid base I think that is a good strategy. Better than being a Leeds under O'Leary.
So we should never underestimate good financial practices and not just get carried away by the monopoly money that one day will come crashing around the heads of those clubs who are not managing their affairs in the proper manner.
So the moral of my story, my friend, is dont make the boring side of your job boring. It doesn't need to be like that. Leave. :D

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Doc departs for Spurs, one can assume Maitland-Niles will come in as his direct replacement at RWB. Thierry Correia who has been mentioned hasn't played a great deal at Valencia, so if he came in as well that would seemingly be as a backup wingback. It seems like we are playing hard ball on Faouzi Ghoulam too, there's no reason we should pay over the odds for an injury prone left back regardless of his undoubted quality when he does manage to keep himself fit. The plus side is that if he does sign and it doesn't work out, we have Vinagre ready to come in as well as Jonny being back hopefully by the start of next season.

I still believe we need to sign a central midfielder, a centre back and a striker before we're ready for next season. I think Palhinha could definitely happen to reinforce us in midfield, but we still need a backup striker and the Paulinho links appear to have gone cold. We haven't been linked with any centre backs lately, and that does worry me as I think that should be our biggest priority in this transfer window to slot in on the left side of the back three.
Isn’t Maitland-Niles leaving Arsenal because he wants to play midfield? If so why would he come here to play RWB?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't see Doc going anywhere, in the E and S today he is quoted as saying how happy he is in this team - and Fosun are not going to sell him for anything under £25M, even if he did want to go.
Absolutely. Does this sound like a man who is running to Moron-hino who according to the stories is going to pay 12 mill for him. Maybe in 5 or 6 years time.

Fuse

Reaction score
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm making this comment very much tongue in cheek!

With them both being Mendes clients, with Nuno's contract not yet sorted and the seemingly bad fit for Doherty at Spurs who play a back four, maybe what's actually going down is a swap of manager. Nuno to Spurs and taking his favoured RWB with him, Mourinho coming in the other way who plays a back four and thus has no need of Doherty at Wolves.

I repeat: Tongue. In. Cheek. Please don't take this seriously, it's one for the tin hat brigade to lose their **** over :)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I left college I worked very hard to become a failed Accountant but life inside a coffin for those years fashioned my thinking. It was more management accounting where you set a budget and use that as a tool to analyse variances. That is how I see this aswell. You work out what you think will happen in the next year (season) and look to see how you can manage and improve things. Spot where to look at what has gone off plan and cover for it eg an injury, etc.
At the moment Fosun are on an upward trajectory and if that continues by building a solid base I think that is a good strategy. Better than being a Leeds under O'Leary.
So we should never underestimate good financial practices and not just get carried away by the monopoly money that one day will come crashing around the heads of those clubs who are not managing their affairs in the proper manner.
So the moral of my story, my friend, is dont make the boring side of your job boring. It doesn't need to be like that. Leave. :D
When I say boring, I mean to other people! :tearsofjoy:

I actually quite enjoy my job much to the surprise of others. People assume the jobs boring but at least accountants make lots of money, I tend to find it’s more likely the opposite way around and the job is more interesting than most give it credit but there’s a lot less money in it for most than people think there is!

The one positive of understanding accounts is that in the age of FFP you end up being one of the few people who understand what half of it means! But it says a lot about where football is that so much of fans chat around transfer windows revolves around accountancy...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t Maitland-Niles leaving Arsenal because he wants to play midfield? If so why would he come here to play RWB?

That's just a rumour I believe. I think it's more the fact he wants to start regularly and doesn't feel Arteta trusts him enough.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Does this sound like a man who is running to Moron-hino who according to the stories is going to pay 12 mill for him. Maybe in 5 or 6 years time.

I don't know what we're paying him at the moment, but I'd bet Spurs could offer him a lot more. He's 28, if he's been offered six figures I wouldn't begrudge him the move.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play as well as we do because we are well drilled and play as a unit. We are nearly at the start of a new season, how do any new arrivals bed in and understand how we play with in so little time.

They better have big things lined up or it won’t be happy times.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you agree if Doc goes, NWW, that our squad depth is far too light? First game in 2 and a half weeks with Buur and Vinagre the only 2 wing backs, no back up for Raul, Not many options in central midfield to compete and light on centre backs. No way the squad should be potentially this light at this stage in my opinion.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Nuno signs new contract tomorrow and 4 new players and perhaps some will remove the need for another tena pad.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play as well as we do because we are well drilled and play as a unit. We are nearly at the start of a new season, how do any new arrivals bed in and understand how we play with in so little time.

They better have big things lined up or it won’t be happy times.
Relegate the club, its finished, clueless owner, bring back the bhattis!

Sorry, I'm bored and Twitter is a mystery when compared to an official post.

Back
Top Bottom