Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimenez transfer speculation

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
just rewatched some of the "highlights" of the match. On the play which led to neves' shot off the bar from a free kick, the play started at our goal, then the ball went to jota, who lofted it in the air and out of nowhere, Raul appears on our side of the field and makes a wonderful backheel pass pack to Jota, then Raul turns around and runs as fast as he can to catch up to the play.

if you think his heart and/or head isn't in it, check your own head.
[/QUOTE
Joe Edwards seems agree with me and if I check my replys yesterday you'll see I mentioned that move as the only real thing he did attacking wise
So maybe you need to remove your rose tinted glasses rather than me check my head

Y

Yout85

No!!! asked a question that's all.. I don't think he's done that much last few games people have commented that he worked hard fair enough so did dave Edwards he got a fair amount of stick. it's OK to work hard along as your contributing to his job in the team which lately I don't think he has
If you ain't happy don't comment but don't tell me to close a thread because you don't agree

"Maybe he is not as committed as he once was" is not a question. As I alluded to in an earlier reply, it is (very ironically) speculation.

In every further post you've made on this thread, you agree that he IS working hard.... so you seem to have "answered" your own "question".

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
"Maybe he is not as committed as he once was" is not a question. As I alluded to in an earlier reply, it is (very ironically) speculation.

In every further post you've made on this thread, you agree that he IS working hard.... so you seem to have "answered" your own "question".
I accepted others believed he worked hard which is fine I don't think he did that much but ok difference of opinion but as an attacking player the last 3 games for me he's been anonymous

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
I would prefer him to stay but in the middle. In an ideal world with a midfielder that can play balls through to him or Jota. Personally would only play Traore as an impact sub. With a decent attacking midfielder, Jota and Raul would score far more. Neves, donk,mout too defense minded and sit too deep.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is anyone else worried that Raul's head may have been turned a bit ?
Over the last few games when the speculation ramped up his performances have dipped has been non existant in our last 3 games
Maybe he isn't as committed as he once was
I suggested this after the Arsenal game. If we look like losing out on European footie and if he is tired of being the only one who looks like scoring then why not go to a better team.

Y

Yout85

I accepted others believed he worked hard which is fine I don't think he did that much but ok difference of opinion but as an attacking player the last 3 games for me he's been anonymous

Which is also fair enough. But you were casting doubt on his commitment.... which there is no evidence to support.

I know my opinion doesn't mean more than anyone else's... but he was the only player I gave a 7/10 to in my match verdict post.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Which is also fair enough. But you were casting doubt on his commitment.... which there is no evidence to support.

I know my opinion doesn't mean more than anyone else's... but he was the only player I gave a 7/10 to in my match verdict post.
I think we can both agree that on sunday things turn around and he grabs a couple of goals

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t blame him if he does go though, imagine how many he could score with a team that creates lots of chances.

Let’s remember his age , and his past playing career Wolves and Nuno’s team have made him the player we see today . He was worth 20 million on arrival . So we can’t be that bad !

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching that interview before the game and his performance over last couple of games I'm happy to admit that I was wrong to question his commitment to the club
I always have respect for anyone big and honest enough to admit that they may have got it wrong.

D

Deleted member 4152

First words out of Rio Ferdinands mouth. Wolves will be lucky to keep hold of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at utd. **** off Rio.
Cundy on talksport talking *******s as well. Pulled up by the co presenter pulling him up sharpish on it.

Cue they let an obviously drunk spurs fans on, asking why they think Wolves are bigger then spurs.

These people have no idea what is going on here.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundy on talksport talking *******s as well. Pulled up by the co presenter pulling him up sharpish on it.

Cue they let an obviously drunk spurs fans on, asking why they think Wolves are bigger then spurs.

These people have no idea what is going on here.

Cundy keeps doing this. He is another clueless tit that isnt worth listening to. He hasnt got a clue about us or anything apart from Landaan clubs or Man Utd and City.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The disrespect shown to Wolves by the likes of Cundy is a disgrace. Saying that Jimenez is too good for us. Sick of these so called pundits like him and Crooks who are stealing a living. They are utterly clueless about any teams outside the so called big six and what their ambitions and project may be and really dont seem to want any other teams gate crashing the cosy party of their beloved clubs. Clueless ****ers.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First words out of Rio Ferdinands mouth. Wolves will be lucky to keep hold of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at utd. **** off Rio.

I don’t know why we get upset over this,

I hope manutd want to buy all 11 of our players as it will prove we are doing something right!

take it as a compliment not an insult

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fact is he's currently playing the best he ever has, 25 goals and 10 assists, very rarely injured, unbelievable work rate, very good lad, scores goals for his country every international break, he's going to cost £75m+ - would be more if he was younger than 29.

If somebody coughs up the money, so be it. But unless it was a top club, and I mean Juve, Madrid, or an established top four side, can't see him wanting to go. I can't see Juve paying it while they have Ronaldo and Dybala. I can't see Utd paying it. Likes of Madrid probably want a superstar rather than someone who's deemed to have already failed in La Liga. I can see someone like Spurs paying it because Mourinho is a short-term thinker but I honestly don't think he's leaving unless it's for a massive step up.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've commented elsewhere that the fact that Raúl and his woman have got a baby due imminently affects this picture. I can't imagine that he's going to want the psychological upheaval of moving to another club - undeniably a club where he would arrive with a whole heap of expectation on his shoulders - when he and his girlfriend are in the throes already of making the huge transition to parenthood and seeing a big change to the dynamics of their relationship. I think we're safe this transfer window. Juventus are allegedly very keen on him but I doubt that the timing will be right for the player in this window, even if Juventus could stump up the cash that we would demand.

Reaction score
I've commented elsewhere that the fact that Raúl and his woman have got a baby due imminently affects this picture. I can't imagine that he's going to want the psychological upheaval of moving to another club - undeniably a club where he would arrive with a whole heap of expectation on his shoulders - when he and his girlfriend are in the throes already of making the huge transition to parenthood and seeing a big change to the dynamics of their relationship. I think we're safe this transfer window. Juventus are allegedly very keen on him but I doubt that the timing will be right for the player in this window, even if Juventus could stump up the cash that we would demand.
That's what a lot of these pundits and journalists never realise; transfers are never black and white. They always just assume if a bigger club offering more money comes calling, then the player is destined to leave.

They always ignore the intricacies of transfers, with Raul's baby being a typical example, because they either can't be ***** to do a little bit of research or they buy in to the big club entitlement.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations to them both on the birth of their little girl.
Perfect timing just like her dad !

M

merseawolf

Same old stuff on Talksport. Cundy Woods and Mcoist all on about Raúl being better off going to Utd.
Annoyed me last night Sky Sports App headline Wolves secure 7th place!! These are well paid journalists doing this work.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old stuff on Talksport. Cundy Woods and Mcoist all on about Raúl being better off going to Utd.
Annoyed me last night Sky Sports App headline Wolves secure 7th place!! These are well paid journalists doing this work.

We havent secured 7th place. Spurs should roll Palace over on Sunday. Arsenal are 6 points behind us and 5 goals worse off and they have to play Villa and Watford. If we lose to Chelsea and Arsenal win their 2 games then that would make them level on points and very close on goal difference - so it would depend on scorelines.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Congratulations to Raul x

M

merseawolf

We havent secured 7th place. Spurs should roll Palace over on Sunday. Arsenal are 6 points behind us and 5 goals worse off and they have to play Villa and Watford. If we lose to Chelsea and Arsenal win their 2 games then that would make them level on points and very close on goal difference - so it would depend on scorelines.
Yeah that’s why i was annoyed with Sky reporting

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jake Humphreys said last night, who would he want to go anywhere else and referenced the project..

Man Utd don’t tend to sign players of his age for huge money. Spurs have Kane and I don’t see him going. Liverpool - interesting hut would they pay the rate? Man City - would be play enough? He’d be perfect for Arsenal truth be told but again they don’t have the funds.

juve - does he play?
Is he big enough for Real or Barca?

truth be told I can’t see him going now, and I think Covid-19 will have a massive impact on all of this too.

M

merseawolf

Sky reporters almost as annoying as people on here that don’t read posts properly before jumping all over it:)

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jake Humphreys said last night, who would he want to go anywhere else and referenced the project..

Man Utd don’t tend to sign players of his age for huge money. Spurs have Kane and I don’t see him going. Liverpool - interesting hut would they pay the rate? Man City - would be play enough? He’d be perfect for Arsenal truth be told but again they don’t have the funds.

juve - does he play?

truth be told I can’t see him going now, and I think Covid-19 will have a massive impact on all of this too.
They spent the first half of the build up trying to flog Zaha and the second half trying to flog Jimenez although as you point out JH did say why

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

juve - does he play?

Raul has had a fantastic time since arriving at Wolves. His career has blossomed, his value has grown significantly, he‘s adored and admired by Wolves fans and quite a few none Wolves fans, and his family look settled. It would take a brave man to walk away from that unless he has a boyhood dream to play for Real, Barca or the like. If we continue to progress, I’d be surprised to see him leave for a “bigger” club.

Back
Top Bottom