Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bundesliga: Who Yeh Got?

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Regardless your stance on whether or not it *should* happen, it does appear that there will live football happening soon.

I’ve been missing the distraction of sport so much that I just invested a piece of my heart to the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball League. Desperate days.

I gather that you like Wolves but if you’re taking a heavy interest in the remainder of the German competition, are you taking a club and why?

RB Leipzig for me. The most hated side in Germany and have only existed for a decade, making a mockery of the lower leagues in the process. 9 matches to go and only 5 points behind that steely dominatrix Bayern München, I’d like to see some fireworks.

I’m USA Wolf by the way. Lovely to meet all of you. Hope you lot are doing well, we’ll drink together again soon!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I can I’ll watch and root for Bayern only because Alphonso Davies played for Vancouver Whitecaps.

D

Deleted member 5635

If I can I’ll watch and root for Bayern only because Alphonso Davies played for Vancouver Whitecaps.
The lad looks like he’s going to be one of the worlds top left backs for a decade if he can stay lucky with injuries over the years.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless your stance on whether or not it *should* happen, it does appear that there will live football happening soon.

I’ve been missing the distraction of sport so much that I just invested a piece of my heart to the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball League. Desperate days.

I gather that you like Wolves but if you’re taking a heavy interest in the remainder of the German competition, are you taking a club and why?

RB Leipzig for me. The most hated side in Germany and have only existed for a decade, making a mockery of the lower leagues in the process. 9 matches to go and only 5 points behind that steely dominatrix Bayern München, I’d like to see some fireworks.

I’m USA Wolf by the way. Lovely to meet all of you. Hope you lot are doing well, we’ll drink together again soon!
Stay safe .......things may get way worse down there.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Die Roten Teufel for me..if they are still in biz?
It is a proper football club,and I guess it was most swedes favourite german club in the 70´s when Ronnie Hellström and Roland Sandberg played there.
Seems they play in liga 3 nowadays,but they were on the brink even before Covid 19 so I am not sure they will survive.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Freiburg for the sole reason that they have twice won me significant bets. I know nothing about them other than that.

Go Freiburg.
I'm a Freiburg fan too. Saw them the first time when I was living there early 2000's. My daughter finding a boyfriend from there in the last couple of years helped as well. When I play Football Manager I either take Freiburg, Wolves or LKS Lodz.

Hazza

Reaction score
Freiburg for me too. Provincial team with amazing supporters, passionate and loud. Great city to visit as well.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Wolfsburg would be the natural choice but it actually annoys me they are always trying to be as us.

Dortmund then.....we can only dream of that sort of passion and commitment.

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
Hoping HSV can reclaim their rightful place in Budesliga 1

I like to see them do well (and ideally, not sack the manager every year...it's nearly 20 years since I moved there and I think they're close to 20 managers in that time) but there was only one choice for me :)

For a kick off, bugger going all the way out to Stellingen all the time.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m also a St Pauli follower, although I admit it’s a hipster thing!
Only one club in reality mind!

Been a few times to the old Milentor Stadium though......great experience and fans. Even had a load of them singing “ ooh Bully Bully , ooh Bully bully” pre match in their fan clubhouse

alobmbe

Groupie
Reaction score
Been a closet Bayern fan for decades - ever since they beat Leeds in the European Cup Final ;-) Mind you nothing apparently is certain - a German friend of mine tells me that a number Cologne players are currently +ve with covid-19.

Actually, it will take something to prise me away from the Belarus PL. I've found the games to be generally very entertaining - with no ******* VAR.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Been a few times to the old Milentor Stadium though......great experience and fans. Even had a load of them singing “ ooh Bully Bully , ooh Bully bully” pre match in their fan clubhouse
Nooooooioi! Tell me more! A group of us had started to arrange a short break over there a few years ago to try and coincide with a away game or break but then we all got totally subsumed with all things Wolves and it came to nowt! Instead we arranged a radical night of music and beer and put up St Pauli posters with Skull and Crossbones! Got Attila the Stockbroker up to perform!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
St Pauli 4 me too for when I used to visit Hamburg throughout the 1980s.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I could have Iive footy burnout by Bundesliga kick off time, as this weekend, from Friday to Sunday, not only Belarus, but also...

Korea K & K2 Leagues
Faroe Isles Premier
Taiwan Premier
Nicaragua Primera

...over 50 games.

Last edited:

Plymouth Wolf

Reaction score
Dortmund for me. Saw them a few times when doing my TA camps over there.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FC Schalka 04 for me...We were in their supporters club in Gelsenkirchen for the 2006 world cup.We had a great time with fantastic supporters who did everything for us to make ar trip special,and it really was.Had the best time in Germany than anywhere else I've bin with England.And all the idiots ever do over there is sing that 10 bombers in the air song.Truly embarrassing.:mad:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a closet Bayern fan for decades - ever since they beat Leeds in the European Cup Final ;-) Mind you nothing apparently is certain - a German friend of mine tells me that a number Cologne players are currently +ve with covid-19.

Actually, it will take something to prise me away from the Belarus PL. I've found the games to be generally very entertaining - with no ******* VAR.

Bayern vs Leeds yes.
I was very young at the time,but I still remember Terry Yoraths "tackle" on Björn Andersson.
Right up there together with Roy Keanes on Alf Inge Håland.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Borussia Monchengladbach

"Give me a B..."

--

Went to one of their games a few years back, atmosphere and stadium were both amazing. Monchengladbach is also twinned with North Tyneside (where I live).

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Got Bayern Munich as part of accumulator with Juventus, PSG , Rotherham top 6 and Plymouth top 7 - so Bayern for me.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Dortmund, and they play such attractive swashbuckling football which is sometimes to their detriment but I love it. There are some amazing young players in that side, apart from Sancho and Haland I think Hakimi has a massive future ahead of him, great player

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Schalke for me too. Went to a night time game in their old stadium, I think it was about 1997. Massive, lots of terracing, and some kind of miners strike on so half the ground were jumping up and down wearing miner helmets and lamps. Great atmosphere! The trams to the ground were literally bouncing.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nooooooioi! Tell me more! A group of us had started to arrange a short break over there a few years ago to try and coincide with a away game or break but then we all got totally subsumed with all things Wolves and it came to nowt! Instead we arranged a radical night of music and beer and put up St Pauli posters with Skull and Crossbones! Got Attila the Stockbroker up to perform!

Recommend a visit...Like no other football crowd I've ever been in. Recall another game V FC Saarbrucken , myself or German lads we are with couldn't understand why the stadium was surrounded by drunken Jocks in Celtic shirts , then found out it was one of the games Celtic attended as a pilgrimage as part of the association they have formed. Also loads of Liverpool and Arsenal fans at the game ......To say the atmosphere was surreal is an understatement

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Not really a big follower of German football but ive got a soft spot for werder bremen only because i used to deliver to the airbus factory in bremen on a regular basis probably a couple of times a month delivering parts out of the moog and the goodritch sites on wobaston and Stafford road. Never seen them live but if their game is on BT sports i give it a watch.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are the Belarussian games broadcast legit or is it streams?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to a bremen match in 1990 when they beat kalshrua 5-0. The pitch was too far away from the stand and there was netting too. Many of the bremen fans had bomber jackets with chelsea badges. Molineux atmosphere was a lot better.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Are the Belarussian games broadcast legit or

I went to a bremen match in 1990 when they beat kalshrua 5-0. The pitch was too far away from the stand and there was netting too. Many of the bremen fans had bomber jackets with chelsea badges. Molineux atmosphere was a lot better.
Hi guys has to be HERTHA BERLIN FOR ME .I SCORED TWO GOALS AGAINST THEM WHEN THAY PLAYED A FRIENDLY AGAINST US MAITLAND CITY IN AUSTRALIA IN THE 1969 1970 SEASON THAY PLAYED A FEW GAMES IN AUSTRALIA THEN WENT ON TO TOUR AMERICA. THEY BEAT US 6 2 ON THE NIGHT GREAT SET OF LADS .COME ON YOU HERTHA ..........

Reaction score
I want to see Leipzig win just for the sheer backlash it would cause.

However I'd support Union Berlin, cracking set of fans.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bremen get massive crowds and I can't understand why they always sell their best players to Bayern Munich. If we get massive crowds I want us to keep our best players and try and muscle in with the big boys. I can see it over the horizon , I can smell success. Being a wolves fan you always expect the worse but I have hope we can come good.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bremen get massive crowds and I can't understand why they always sell their best players to Bayern Munich. If we get massive crowds I want us to keep our best players and try and muscle in with the big boys. I can see it over the horizon , I can smell success. Being a wolves fan you always expect the worse but I have hope we can come good.
60 years of hurt can do that.
Never really had any reason to choose a German side so don't know who to go for. Will have to pick one while it's literally the only game in town.

alobmbe

Groupie
Reaction score
Are the Belarussian games broadcast legit or is it streams?
AFAIK just the latter. There are some high quality p2p and web streams out there, but unfortunately I don't think there are any "legitimate" broadcasts of these games available in the UK.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hertha for me. Went to watch them a few years ago, middle of November, bloody freezing but the gluhwein on the terraces was ace!

Back
Top Bottom