Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thoughts on where this situation will go for football.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t there 14 days self isolation for people coming back into the country?

No quarantine -the government keep saying they are looking at it but nothing has been announced .It might feature as part of the relaxation proposals.

Last edited:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see the point of starting next season when ever if this one doesn't get completed at some point.......The integrity of the game will be lost for years to come as those teams who are in reach of achieving European qualification or promotion would suffer while others (those in relegation danger) would gain......hardly fair.

Also could see lawyers getting involved to recover season ticket monies for fans on the basis that the product they purchased it for was not delivered in full......Can just hear the adverts now ... " Did you buy a season ticket for season 19/ 20 , if so you may be liable for £000's in compensation ...call us at ........."

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm amazed we haven't heard more about the lower leagues. It's all very well talking about staging the remaining Premier games at neutral venues, but that doesn't take into account the other three divisions. Are, say, Plymouth going to be allowed to stage a behind closed doors home game, but Bournemouth aren't, just because of crowd size? Not going to happen.

Clubs must surely now be of the opinion that they aren't going to be staging their remaining fixtures any time soon. Even if they're waiting for government guidance, I would have thought there would be more than a leaked whatsapp message from Bristol Rovers about which way the wind is blowing.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
If people arrive in the UK without any symptoms, I don't think there is any required period of self-isolation although obviously normal lockdown rules will apply.

Oh.

It’s probably better to call it quarantining than self-isolation, if indeed it is actually being implemented.

One would think the whole point would be to keep them isolated so as to check if they are infected….the symptoms actually develop many days after infection or sometimes not at all as with asymptomatic carriers.

The government must know what it is doing. :neutral:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whatever happens at least we only have to concern ourselves with whether we will be allowed back into Europe next season as opposed to Villa worrying about Relegation and Albion whether they will be Promoted ?.Squeaky bum time for them .

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Johnson puts back the announcement of his proposals for easing lockdown until Sunday -Prem vote put back to next week.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm the opposite.

Football is football, whether it's played in front of zero or 200k people.
I only watch Wolves anyway really but the lack of a crowd doesn’t bother me too much, I can be at a game and hardly notice the crowd I get so absorbed in the football.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only watch Wolves anyway really but the lack of a crowd doesn’t bother me too much, I can be at a game and hardly notice the crowd I get so absorbed in the football.
Same here. I was on the edge of my seat in the pub for the whole 90mins against Olympiacos.

I’m going to really struggle to watch the other games.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh.

It’s probably better to call it quarantining than self-isolation, if indeed it is actually being implemented.

One would think the whole point would be to keep them isolated so as to check if they are infected….the symptoms actually develop many days after infection or sometimes not at all as with asymptomatic carriers.

The government must know what it is doing. :neutral:
I agree but nothing is in place at the moment. And I'm sure Wolves know the present situation and would not be saying that training will re-commence a week today if Nuno and the players coming back into the UK wouldn't be around for the next 2 weeks.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there’s no relegation what’s the point in playing the season, you either go for it or you don’t, there can be no half measures.
Totally agree. Either stop the season and forget about it with no title /relegation etc or try and play it out to confirm it all. Can't mix these up

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looking good for the EFL -1400 players to not have their contracts extended post June 30.So if the season finishes after that many clubs likely to play their youth players just to fulfil the fixtures.May not be enough to stop clubs going bankrupt.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Gordon Taylor say that the option of playing less than 45 minutes per half is being mooted. Considering the ball is in play for around 65 mins every game anyway, let's just not bother at all.

That's why he's the worlds highest paid union leader on £2.2m a year.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not looking good for the EFL -1400 players to not have their contracts extended post June 30.So if the season finishes after that many clubs likely to play their youth players just to fulfil the fixtures.May not be enough to stop clubs going bankrupt.

Mark Palios, not exactly independent and impartial, no possible vested interests there....

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It boggles the mind right now how the media is still generating and consuming transfer gossip. I know most of it is total fabrication, and football isn't dead yet, but there's still a sickly sense of dancing on graves about it all. Does anyone seriously give a rat's **** about who Liverpool and Man Utd want to buy 'in the summer'? What ****ing summer? Clubs are about to go bankrupt left, right and centre, staff and players are going to be unemployed. £50m transfer gossip is obscene.

And all this todge about sub-45 minute halves, no relegation, bickering about wage deferrals... it's getting so grubby and desperate and we've barely hit the really bad stuff yet.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Rick Parry of the EFL is playing hardball. He has stated to MPs that he expects 3 clubs promoted and 3 relegated or there will be legal action.
Rather spoilt it by suggesting that parachute payments are binned. That's not happening any time soon.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a grubby business and luckily we should be in the premier league for next season as we have already amassed 43 points. The best case scenario is that we get tv money from behind closed doors games this season and next season.

Obviously no gate receipts will affect so many clubs from the championship level down and they will have to sell players in a fire sale in order to survive. From a selfish point of view are there any players from the championship that you think could improve us? Or should we be looking at distressed portugese clubs who may need need to sell quality players? It's very possible transfer fees will drop 50%..

As long as Fosun are prepared to bankroll us until this saga is over we could be in a very strong position. I can't see norwich's owners having the money to pump into the club to pay for wages if needed. Most of the other premier league clubs have very rich owners and they will do what is needed to shore up any financial gaps.

This could be an opportunity to build a mega stadium and convince 'neto' we are big time and that we can be involved in the Champion's league in the future.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a shame for the clubs in leagues that rely on crowds and I hope that at least some money is made available from the Premier league. A £1 million per club levy would hardly be noticed but would probably save many clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 (except Bolton). Its not that long ago we were in a league relying on matchday income.
Maybe FFP will be relaxed a little allowing more external investment which could be good for us.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Rick Parry of the EFL is playing hardball. He has stated to MPs that he expects 3 clubs promoted and 3 relegated or there will be legal action.
Rather spoilt it by suggesting that parachute payments are binned. That's not happening any time soon.
In which case the EFL better finish its season in order to identify the three clubs to be promoted on merit. By threatening that he has almost guaranteed legal action against the EFL by clubs dissatisfied with any other selection method!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Gordon Taylor say that the option of playing less than 45 minutes per half is being mooted. Considering the ball is in play for around 65 mins every game anyway, let's just not bother at all.
This is just getting ****ing stupid. Let's just play 5 a side or FIFA or coin tossing to decide games? Too many cooks now getting involved in all this. The Prem and the EFL need to show some leadership here and once the Govt have set down the parameters just get on with it.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will happen to villa? They will surely take legal action if there is a points per game enforced for the remaining games and they are relegated as a result. Their rich owners won't stand for it.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will happen to villa? They will surely take legal action if there is a points per game enforced for the remaining games and they are relegated as a result. Their rich owners won't stand for it.
Whatever happens if the season isn't played out there will be legal action. There may be even if it is but I'd suspect it would be much harder if the games have been played, even behind closed doors.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In which case the EFL better finish its season in order to identify the three clubs to be promoted on merit. By threatening that he has almost guaranteed legal action against the EFL by clubs dissatisfied with any other selection method!
I'd imagine that is the plan at the moment.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just getting ****ing stupid. Let's just play 5 a side or FIFA or coin tossing to decide games? Too many cooks now getting involved in all this. The Prem and the EFL need to show some leadership here and once the Govt have set down the parameters just get on with it.

We have the Premier League ESport champion so that should work :)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Far from it in truth…...probably laughs himself silly every night. :(

Has to come up with something to try and justify his position no matter how absurd.
Laughs at those who pay him his ridiculous salary .Why hasn’t he gone yet?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I mentioned early on about I wonder if any players may have played their last game for their current clubs (Ruddy for us?) or indeed may now retire because they will be out of contract?

Back
Top Bottom