Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
upload_2020-2-23_9-7-32.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Here we go! Another day another big game. Tough today remember the game just before Xmas, we could have been 3 or 4 down before we even got going. Can’t be doing that today, that’s for sure. Big chance to close the gap on the teams above, and pull away from the ones who have been catching us up.
Would expect the same team as Thursday.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is such a thing as an easy match in the Prem then this is it. Bottom club at home should be a gimme, but we know that Wolves don't do easy. It will be a grind but I expect Wolves to prevail.
Same team as Thursday - agreed!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Every game seems to be massive, but psychologically showing that we can now dispatch poor teams (not that Norwich are as poor as their league position suggests) would be great with a run of games against bottom half teams coming up. Sheffield United couldn't dispatch Brighton yesterday like us last season, we need to be clinical today although they won't put 10 men behind the ball so we really should win. Here's to dreaming of CL football.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was scrolling through some old pictures last night and came across this from 2016.

Christ! o_O

Think of that when we see today’s team!

View attachment 13897
Was wondering yesterday while watching the Villa match; what happened to Iorfa? Him and Hause were to be the next 'big things' for us. Still at Sheff Wed?

306NOTOUT

The M6 is closed at junction 10 for those travelling I would avoid the area, appears it will be closed for the rest of the day

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This lot will be playing every game as a must win now. They need points. They cut through us like a knife through butter in the first game and should’ve been 4-0 up before we equalised. Let’s hope we’ve learnt our lesson.

Come on me babbies.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever I've watched Villa, Hause seems decent. Not great and he certainly wouldn't get into our squad, but OK at Villa's level. ;)
Roger Hansbury would look a worldie in Villa’s team :D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game isnt going to be easy today. Norwich arent your typical bottom of the table side. They play some good stuff. Need to be at it from the off today. We need three points.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today is a bread and butter game, the Europa games are a nice sideshow but the league is everything. I don't want to hear how a "plucky" Norwich side turned us over and we were "tired" after Thursday. No excuses today 3 points form the bottom team is required nothing less.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's get behind the team from the off, let them carry on from Thursday, 3 points, nothing less.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Norwich score first it will be interesting as they can defend well.

Let's make sure we put them to the sword

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich will have a go and feel it will be a good game. Rather have a team come and play football than the time wasting, break the game up types. Expecting them to put up a fight. An early goal from us would be most welcome today.

D

Deleted member 4124

Just read that Buendia hasn’t scored this season so fully expecting him to get a brace... I also traded in both Boly and Saiss in to my fantasy team, so we definitely aren’t keeping a clean sheet.

That’s all I know, the rest is still hanging in the balance. :D

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just read that Buendia hasn’t scored this season so fully expecting him to get a brace... I also traded in both Boly and Saiss in to my fantasy team, so we definitely aren’t keeping a clean sheet.

That’s all I know, the rest is still hanging in the balance. :D
That's bad news. I also captained Raul in my fantasy team, so he's not scoring either.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first of 12 Cup Finals IMO! Never has there been an opportunity then now, to help change the landscape of English Football, so it is absolutely crucial we claim a win and nothing less!

Hope we play the same side from Thursday and if we play the way we did that night, we should come through. And scoring first is the ultra key, as was demonstrated then!

Hope this is the beginning of the end, of the “established top 6”!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m getting concerned now. Seeing all the comments that this could be a tough game, for various reasons, but I don’t think it will.
They try and play expansive football, no great shakes in finishing or defending....against us, the stubborn methodical counter attacking team.

Just can’t see how it can go wrong. So I’m concerned because got the Espanyol game predication so horrifically wrong.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just realised a win today is our 2nd double in the league. Hope we get a few more before the season ends.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today calls for the definitive professional performance. No gimmies in this league and I fully expect Norwich to put up a really fight, they're not as bad as their point tally might suggest

I would take any sort of win today, with the league getting squeezed in the middle we need to keep our noses in front of Burnley/Everton/Arsenal etc. and set up the game against Spurs to be a shoot out for 5th place

Same team as Thursday for me and then rest plenty for the 2nd leg, which our 4-0 lead has afforded us, and bring them back fresh for next weekend and for our biggest game of the season so far

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said there's no easy games especially when those concerned are fighting for survival. We can win easy as long as we get the first goal

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be a tight win for us I think
We rarely put teams away. 2-1

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's less about Norwich and more about us. One league win in seven, only six goals, half of which were in one game. Espanyol counts for nothing, we need an improvement and focus today, else ambitions for 5th start to drift.

Norwich only one win in thirteen, but plenty of draws, like us, and up their game for the bigger teams, which we are now. Their defence has tightened up recently, like us. This will potentially be very tight and has 1-1 written all over it if we don't step up.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Its very very windy today, so noooo hoof ball, our long cross field balls may suffer

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Wanderers!

Tough match, good side are Norwich, must approach this in the same mindset as when we played Espanyol.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
After Norwich bypassed our midfield in the first half at Carrow Road I'm wondering if Nuno will be tempted to go 3-5-2. Play Dendoncker in midfield, with Jota and Raul up front, leaving Traore on the bench.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
After Norwich bypassed our midfield in the first half at Carrow Road I'm wondering if Nuno will be tempted to go 3-5-2. Play Dendoncker in midfield, with Jota and Raul up front, leaving Traore on the bench.
Good call, understandable too.
But that would diminish our attacking threat down the right, and Adama's runs help take pressure off us by moving play upfield.

Back
Top Bottom