Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford Verdict

• Thread starter Deleted member 4184
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4124

Extremely important 3 points today, and felt relatively comfortable too. All 14 players today were excellent. Poor tactically though in my opinion, don’t understand why we went so defensive immediately after 1-0 and then even more defensive after 2-0. And it’s unfair on Gibbs-White to play him as a LW. Why not revert to 3-5-2?

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
It was never going to be great free flowing football we were solid defensively kept a clean sheet and have our first win of the season.It was always going to be a nervy affair I just hope the team now kicks on from here get some much needed confidence.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Saiss,Boly,Moutinho all great. Doc back at right wing again showed why he is so important.

We had two 10 minute spells one in each half where we sat to deep.and invited pressure. Patricio made a great save at back post.

Neto looked good on the left and still unsure why he was taken off as apart from his part in the 2nd goal, which was a fluke, thought again Gibbs-White was poor.

A well deserved win though now need to build on it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Saiss,Boly,Moutinho all great. Doc back at right wing again showed why he is so important.

We had teo 10 minute spells one in each half where we sat to deep.and invited pressure. Patricio made a great save at back post.

Neto looked good on the left and still unsure why he was taken off as apart from his part in the 2nd goal, which was a fluke, thought again Gibbs-White was poor.

MGW did well when he came on. Neto was excellent first half but gave ball away a lot in 2nd half. MgW did a great job blocking their full backs runs.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
MGW did well when he came on. Neto was excellent first half but gave ball away a lot in 2nd half. MgW did a great job blocking their full backs runs.

Neto did give the ball away a bit to much but thought he was taken off when still playing well. MGW did do his defensive job well but still think he needs to kick on and I think were all waiting for it.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Extremely important 3 points today, and felt relatively comfortable too. All 14 players today were excellent. Poor tactically though in my opinion, don’t understand why we went so defensive immediately after 1-0 and then even more defensive after 2-0. And it’s unfair on Gibbs-White to play him as a LW. Why not revert to 3-5-2?

I liked how MGW linked up with Cutrone. We need more partnerships away from last season's XI

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Not a vintage performance but a win is a win! The lads did what was needed! Looked solid without the ball but still sloppy in possession and lacking creatively going forward. Frustrating when we drop so deep and leave Jimenez or Cutrone so isolated up top. So many times they have the ball with 2 or three defenders around them and no gold shirt in sight. Not moaning though cuz we got the points and that’s all that matters!:)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not pretty but the three points were vital, I thought at various times during the game we were playing in Blue because we gave the ball away so often, Raul is struggling, I like the look of Neto, MGW has to stop trying those fancy flicks, Rui stopped Watford getting back into it, all in all three important points. Watford need to improve drastically if they are going to stay up.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A victory at last! Laboured but 2 goals and a clean sheet. Missed Jota, even though Neto looked good in parts. Traore again justified his inclusion from the start. Midfield still a worry for me. Hopefully that's an early nail in Watford's coffin. Oh great to see Foster falling!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the win. Will be interested to see how we line up in Turkey and then Man City. Still think we are playing too deep at times though but hopefully we will improve as the season goes on.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Comfortable win against an awful team. Worrying that little spell just after half time where we looked waaaaay too deep but the own goal finished them off. Great performances from Saiss, Boly, Jonny, Moutinho. Season starts NOW!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good win, poor game of football but got the basics right.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
score first and we win passed it around much better after we went 2 up. Important 3 points still wanted to sit back and defend anc concede possession too much but a wins a win

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had two 10 minute spells one in each half where we sat to deep.and invited pressure. Patricio made a great save at back post.

I think Neto took a knock and was injured.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good first half hour,then started to sit too deep again,got lucky with the own goal,but we are due some good fortune
Fairly comfortable after that,but Rui made a good save to keep the clean sheet
Hope this boosts confidence,we seem scared to play how we can at times
Very welcome 3 points,looking better than a couple of weeks back at least

Back
Top Bottom