Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Chelsea - Verdict

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in trouble. Didn't add enough quality and mid table looks optimistic. No real threat unless its through Adama.

That's a poor Chelsea team and they made us look garbage

D

Deleted member 4453

How did Saiss get on? I assume Jesus was dreadful...

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Couldn’t go today but sounds like another crap performance. I love Nuno but he’s in real trouble here. Needs 2 results against Palace & Watford

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What planet was Nuno on when he dropped Bennett when Boly was already missing. That back three today was like the first 10 minutes of Casualty, you knew something terrible was about to happen you just didn’t know what. **** me.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously disappointed with today and agree with what a lot are saying. Nuno has to wake up to the fact that Neves is playing too deep, Donck is a passenger the further forward he plays, Coady utterly awful, we need an answer to teams pressing us.

Positives:
- Cutrone off the mark, more of this please
- Doc back. When he's fit, we always look way better with him in the team
- Boly will be back next game thank ****
- We can only improve

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. To think how many were saying any potential incomings in the summer shouldn't replace our amazing first team, like we already had the best team in the country.

My recollection was most were happy with cover up front as J&J are excellent but desperately wanted an upgrade at CH and another midfielder to challenge the regular three.

It was inevitable we’d get suspensions and injuries at some point and today showed we are short at both CH (and sweeper) and in midfield. Looks to me like majority called it correctly.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a part time centre back and an inexperienced youngster as the other in central defence Coady was badly exposed today, added to that with traore as a right wing back, leaving our right side open as he doesn't know the meaning of defending, it's hardly surprising we got stuffed by Chelsea.
It's what most of us thought, a small squad isn't sufficient to cope at this level of competition
We needed a solid centre back today so dropping Bennett was a big mistake by Nuno. We won't be able to stay with the top sides when the squad we have is so lightweight.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vallejo the best of the back 3, Coady a massive massive liability, midfield went missing again, static, not much from Jonny today. MOTM Adam but we took him off before the hour mark. Jota and Jimenez looked ok, Cutrone looked ok but does look like he'll huff and puff more than anything. Just a crap day at home, UTW.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not too concerned and as long as we stay up I’m not that bothered about where we finish. Europe is the main aim this season.

However I was concerned about this season. If teams “worked us out” then we were going to have a problem. If we take the points from the Top 6 away then last season looked different and we did nothing to the starting eleven to help us beat those sides who, in my opinion, we are competing with in the league this year. Ok so Traore was going to improve and Cutrone is a good addition, but pace through the middle in the Maddison/Tielemans role was always missing.

I’ve been very disappointed with Neves and Coady. Neves seems to give the ball away far more than he did last year and Coady hasn’t looked the same player this year, perhaps because the opposition have all cut out the diagonal and all the defenders have been ropey.

Nuno is the future. There will be ups and downs on this journey and it’s so important everyone doesn’t over react.

Let’s have a fantastic Europa league journey and a reasonably solid Premier League season then let’s see where we are next season.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big game against Palace now. Over to you Nuno, you need something from this game.

Overall though, score line flattered Chelsea slightly.

Ironically, as worried as I am for our survival, I’d be worried if I were a Chelsea fan too. Obviously not relegation candidates but can’t see that team getting top 6. Thought they were very ill disciplined at 4-0.

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Dendoncker - massive bloke but why is he so so weak in the tackle? Never wins a 50/50 and we invariably see him chasing back after the opposition player that has got past him with ease.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
poor decision making, lacks of concentration & sloppiness are killing us.... when Coady has a stinker he really HAS a stinker....ripped to bits today & made to look 3rd rate by Tammy. Hoping Doherty is over his injury problems & back in the team as we're better with him in it. Pleased for Cutrone.

Whatever anyone says I think it's clear that the extra european games take their toll on a small squad (if not physically, then mentally) ....

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What planet was Nuno on when he dropped Bennett when Boly was already missing. That back three today was like the first 10 minutes of Casualty, you knew something terrible was about to happen you just didn’t know what. **** me.
Agreed

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After twenty mins I thought christ Chelsea are ****. Then we just seemed to stop.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

As if Bennett isn't injured.

Absolute joke of a decision from Nuno.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuine cause for concern for me now. We seem to have lost that zip to our play. The belief just isn't there. This is the most concerned I've been since Nuno took over.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Nuno and his style of play has taken us as far as he can
Not sure I believe that but some might

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

.[/QUOTE]

It's funny.

When Barry Douglas has been brilliant for a year and has reached his level, it's brilliant and ruthless from the club.

Same with any other player. 'That's great, show we mean business' etc.

For some reason same logic doesn't apply here...

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vallejo the best of the back 3, Coady a massive massive liability, midfield went missing again, static, not much from Jonny today. MOTM Adam but we took him off before the hour mark. Jota and Jimenez looked ok, Cutrone looked ok but does look like he'll huff and puff more than anything. Just a crap day at home, UTW.
I thought Adama was average, he's fast and strong but he's not switched on enough and stands still not anticipating a run or a move into space. He's not a footballer like doc.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got howled down when i said i would swap beating torino for beating Everton. I was told i was talking rubbish and that we “are a 7th placed team”.

We arent established and we need to win the next two or we will be bottom three after 8 games (20% of the season). This is a relegation scrap and europe is irrelevant. Like i said two weeks ago

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine cause for concern for me now. We seem to have lost that zip to our play. The belief just isn't there. This is the most concerned I've been since Nuno took over.

Huddersfield at home about 10 months ago.

Have faith. Nuno will sort it.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t go today but sounds like another crap performance. I love Nuno but he’s in real trouble here. Needs 2 results against Palace & Watford
6 points or Fosun will be looking around....

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our results will change when we have a fully fit Matt Doherty starting, which adds to the frustration of today as Adama was again one of our better players and will likely be the one that makes way.

It’s hard to pick out anything positive from today, but I’m gonna have a go...

Cutrone looks the business and looks hungry. I’d rotate Raúl and Jota to give him a proper run, and to give them pair a proper rest.

We were a much better side with Matt Doherty on the pitch, and will (I hope) have him available for Palace.

Adama is going to be a hell of a player to come off the bench for him.

We were without Boly and Bennet today, it was always gonna be tougher, and without those two it’s affected Coady’s game.

If Rui doesn’t take a step to his left for the first goal, it doesn’t trouble him, and then it’s a totally different game. If your Aunt was your Uncle and all that, but it’s fine margins.

We’ll beat Palace 2-0 and we’ll settle in from there.

Welcome back to Matty and Boly.

Back
Top Bottom