Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Chelsea - Verdict

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Huddersfield at home about 10 months ago.

Have faith. Nuno will sort it.
In Nuno we trust, but let’s be honest today was ****. I’m not one of these “everything is brilliant” fans and I’m not one of these “we have the ball away Nuno out” type either, but today was dreadful.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Bad day at the office.

Done in by technically superior and fast opposition players and the lack of pace at the back.....not to mention good finishing.

The effort with the attempted comeback was uplifting. We will do better against lesser teams for sure. :)

Bring on the Europa game!

Seenitallayi

Groupie
Reaction score
Let’s sit back and remember that Boly was missing. That we haven’t recruited properly in the summer. That we have zero pace in midfield and that there is and never has been a plan B. We are too rigid in our strategy and I’m afraid all you will get out of Nuno is the same old same old retorts at a press conference
Throw all that in the mix and what do we have ? A ****ing full on relegation battle
100% agree.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given who we've played the results Burnly aside probably arn't too far off what you'd expect, it's the performances that have been more of a worry, Been really poor defensivly and not enough possession to creat enough counter attacking chances. Leicester we were OK, Man U got a point but could have done better made if difficult for ourselves,we managed to Rescue a point at Burnley today the game was over before half time. Vallejo looks OK positionally and can tackle, but he's just too slow for the prem and how many times did he put the ball out of play when trying to pass down the line. Awful game from Coady to. If we could defend we might have (probably undeservedly) got something from the game scored 2 good shout for a pen and another dangerous free kick on the edge of the box which wern't given. If we're going to play Traore then we have to get the ball out to him quicker so he can do what he does, he is starting to produce more end result in terms of crosses, but we look amore balanced team with Doc in the RWB position, the question then is if you play Doc at RWB where do you put Traore ? If we had the players to play a back 4 I might think about giving that a go with Traore on the wing

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given who we've played the results Burnly aside probably arn't too far off what you'd expect, it's the performances that have been more of a worry, Been really poor defensivly and not enough possession to creat enough counter attacking chances. Leicester we were OK, Man U got a point but could have done better made if difficult for ourselves,we managed to Rescue a point at Burnley today the game was over before half time. Vallejo looks OK positionally and can tackle, but he's just too slow for the prem and how many times did he put the ball out of play when trying to pass down the line. Awful game from Coady to. If we could defend we might have (probably undeservedly) got something from the game scored 2 good shout for a pen and another dangerous free kick on the edge of the box which wern't given. If we're going to play Traore then we have to get the ball out to him quicker so he can do what he does, he is starting to produce more end result in terms of crosses, but we look amore balanced team with Doc in the RWB position, the question then is if you play Doc at RWB where do you put Traore ? If we had the players to play a back 4 I might think about giving that a go with Traore on the wing

Would like to see Doc in a back four with Adama on the wing. Nuno needs to change and change fast we can’t keep playing the same way we’ve been figured out.

Reactions: Ian

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to see Doc in a back four with Adama on the wing. Nuno needs to change and change fast we can’t keep playing the same way we’ve been figured out.
Having doc and Adama in the same team doesn’t work. I love Adama and he’s great to watch in full flow but we are a better team with doc in the side. It’s such a shame to consider dropping Adama but for the good of the team it is necessary

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is an insurance policy that too often doesn’t pay out. With Neves 10 yards in front of him we are left outnumbered everywhere else. Opponents have worked this out and are now taking advantage and dominating possession pushing us back. Combined with our inability to keep the ball when we do get it we look a shadow of last season’s team. I was worried about second season syndrome but didn’t expect it to be so different to last season. Time for Nino to step up and change things. If he doesn’t it will be a long season and could end very badly.
That's the worst thing about our system, it makes a mockery of Neves's talent.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you want Doc purely defensive taking away the best aspects of his game? He can't play his game with Traore. How can you overlap him? And Traore won't link up either. It's either or with those two unfortunately

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bad day at the office.

Done in by technically superior and fast opposition players and the lack of pace at the back.....not to mention good finishing.

The effort with the attempted comeback was uplifting. We will do better against lesser teams for sure. :)

Bring on the Europa game!

We haven’t played well for 90 minutes all season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats happened to our fast breakouts? We hoofed it far to much today

Been doing it all season. We did try some faster, one touch passing at the start, but it just isn't working. Somebody messes it up and withing seconds we're on the back foot. That's been happening all season, too.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Garbage. My flatmate is a Chelsea fan so this is going to be a long week

Heroes
Cutrone because he tries
Worries
The entire midfield who despite being faced against a Chelsea midfield three got utterly over ran who still can’t win second balls or control a game
Adama- was off the pace and was marked out the game. Should have been his time against a slow Alonso but offered little

Villains
The back 3- the clip of Abraham’s third goal is embarrassing and the other two next to Coady were utter rubbish. Jesus is useless. Gives the ball away, can’t track his man. None of them can defend crosses and before we all start blaming it on no Boly let me remind you all for 55 million we could have had Dias

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A wonder goal started the rot but in truth we couldn't cope with the big 'uns without our own big un Boly. I was still pleased with the performance going forward, a little unlucky it wasn't closer. Traore and Cutrone especially good performances, both make our squad stronger than last year. Vallejo looks to be wearing the king's new clothes at the moment but it's still way to early to right him off.
Interesting decision to drop Bennett, an experiment that didnt pay off.
I was disappointed with crowd at 2-0, should be driving us back into the game. Chelsea out sung us for large period's. Too many spoilt kids are fans these days.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven’t played well for 90 minutes all season.

In the League, we've barely played well for a total of 90 minutes with all 5 matches added up! TBF, I thought we started decent today. We looked completely toothless up front, but after 30 minutes, they hadn't had a chance either. Although from around 25 mins, they noticeably went up a gear and we didn't react. The final 20 minutes showed, similar to Burnley ending, we need to play with more urgency and passion from the start. Barring random luck, anything else will have us continually on the back foot.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a mistake to take Bennett out with Boly missing aswell. Their height and defensive instincts were missed today. Never mind though, i'd take a long run in europe and staying up this season.
I assumed Bennett was not fit enough to play. If he was dropped then big mistake by Nuno and that's not hindsight talking.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** poor all round, bar MGW & Cutrone.

No excuses for some of those individual performances & errors.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would like to see Boly, Bennett and Doc back together with Coady and Jonny in a match before getting panicked. Am hoping Coady’s performance level is reliant on his understanding with other players and goes out the window with too many changes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was disappointed with crowd at 2-0, should be driving us back into the game. Chelsea out sung us for large period's. Too many spoilt kids are fans these days.

The trouble is that at that point, the team had given nothing for our fans to get excited about. It's happening more and more. A well organised defence and 3 or 4 sideways passes is only ever going to get polite clapping. Keep giving the ball away and what do you expect?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 5 matches in. Let"s see where we are after 12. Boly represents 50% of our defence. So no surprise he was so missed. We needed another Boly to be signed in the summer but it did'nt happen.
Doc helps the balance of the team and Adama may have to revert to super sub...which would be a pity but at the moment we need to tighten in defence.
Vallejo has potential but still a work in progress which is why RM let him out on loan. Not physically intimidating enough.
The lack of a proper attacking midfielder also explains the lack of creativity up front. Olmo would be my key target in January and Kessie too if he can be persuaded. 352 is ok by me but only with a threat from a quality AM as part of the package.
My prediction - Nuno will eventually be ruthless and drop Coady. Perhaps Saiss to take over until January before a new CB signing.
We are two quality players short to enable a top 10 finish imv.
The summer business was not good enough and the next few crowded months will reflect that. We need players who can improve the first team from the off not back ups. But Nuno will make us harder to beat and get us through a tough period till Christmas when I hope the club make vital signings.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the League, we've barely played well for a total of 90 minutes with all 5 matches added up! TBF, I thought we started decent today. We looked completely toothless up front, but after 30 minutes, they hadn't had a chance either. Although from around 25 mins, they noticeably went up a gear and we didn't react. The final 20 minutes showed, similar to Burnley ending, we need to play with more urgency and passion from the start. Barring random luck, anything else will have us continually on the back foot.

I agree wholeheartedly.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these people saying let’s see where we are after 10 games. 12 games. 15 games. **** that !! We are **** poor NOW and everyone knows it. What the **** do 5 more or 7 more games makes.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to win one of the next 2 league games Palace or Watford as City away after that, 8 games without a win would have the pressure really on

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assumed Bennett was not fit enough to play. If he was dropped then big mistake by Nuno and that's not hindsight talking.

I thought he was dropped as there wasn't any news about an injury before the match?
Either way, his height and aggressive defending was missing today - as was Boly's. ,

W

WOMWOL

Can't see us in the top 10 this season at any point. Hopefully we have enough not to be concerned about being dragged into it. We didn't do enough in the summer and that's why we are where we are. I would take safety and a good deep run in the Europa.

On the plus side I thought catrone looked hungry

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was dropped as there wasn't any news about an injury before the match?
Either way, his height and aggressive defending was missing today - as was Boly's. ,
Definitely not injured. Definitely dropped.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before the season began, the vast majority were saying that Man United and Chelsea were there for the taking this season.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got howled down when i said i would swap beating torino for beating Everton. I was told i was talking rubbish and that we “are a 7th placed team”.

We arent established and we need to win the next two or we will be bottom three after 8 games (20% of the season). This is a relegation scrap and europe is irrelevant. Like i said two weeks ago

I agree. Europe is irrelevant, we’re winning nothing there and it’s just a holiday. We need to concentrate on THIS league and THIS league only.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these people saying let’s see where we are after 10 games. 12 games. 15 games. **** that !! We are **** poor NOW and everyone knows it. What the **** do 5 more or 7 more games makes.

Most managers take the approach that points aren't that important at the start of the season. What's really important is performance levels. Season after season, we see teams play well and lose a few, over a season they invariably lift themselves up the table. Once heard a manager say "Points always catch up or fall down with performance in the end".

Our performances have been reasonably consistent in the league, at least, with certain patterns repeating again and again. Unfortunately, they have been consistently below standard performances. With the same patterns of being unable to retain possession, creating little in open play, and liable to make a defensive howler at almost any time.

You can't use the "it was one of those things, bad day at the office" platitude, when the same things are getting repeated again and again. 5 matches is enough to see those problems and it's up to the management staff to deal with them and whatever else is going on.

Back
Top Bottom